Author Topic: Camera Feedback  (Read 424 times)

Offline tm37

• IceShanty Rookie
Camera Feedback
« on: Dec 09, 2020, 07:41 AM »
Looking at getting a camera that can record video for this ice season

It appears my options are

Marcum Recon 5+

Marcum Pursuit HD

Aquaview micro 5.0 Revelution

Anyone care to provide input on what you have used, what you like and dislaike.

Looks like I can get the Recon for about 300 bucks

Online hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: Camera Feedback
« Reply #1 on: Dec 09, 2020, 07:55 AM »
Recons I believe had some issues with the platform they used ..believe it was QuickTime ..also Aqua Vu is rumored to have a DVR add on device ..but havent seen anything on it ..believe its for the larger camera systems . Also dont forget about Vexilar which does have an add on DVR device .
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline tm37

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 09, 2020, 07:58 AM »
Recons I believe had some issues with the platform they used ..believe it was QuickTime ..also Aqua Vu is rumored to have a DVR add on device ..but havent seen anything on it ..believe its for the larger camera systems . Also dont forget about Vexilar which does have an add on DVR device .

I have a full size Marcum and with its size I dont bring it out much, so looking to go with the smaller device I can drop in the rod bag.

Offline Gunflint

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Dec 09, 2020, 08:07 AM »

The AquaVU 5 Mini Pro does have a DVR and it works great.  I have the both the Large AV 7i and the Micro 5 - go small it is much easier and faster with the cable reel.  Big ones are MUCH harder to deploy and store.
Veritas Odium Parit

Online hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #4 on: Dec 09, 2020, 08:11 AM »
I have a the older AV Micro II and the Micro 5 both with DVR ..the Micro II is always in my bag ..for scouting . Make sure that all the lights can be turned off/adjusted ..a Cover/Shield is nice and adding some anti glare film is a good tip. I like both my units but not much I can compare them to as far as other units/Makes/Models.. Positioning down 45 deg is awesome for scouting ..sees quite alot with  being just below the ice .. quick spin and note any fish/structure.
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē FÿSh

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.