Author Topic: U V jigging spoons for crappie and perch ?  (Read 2044 times)

Offline ougot1

• Team IceShanty Regular
U V jigging spoons for crappie and perch ?
« on: Nov 04, 2020, 03:37 PM »
I see more U V spoons for sale every year , are they really any better for crappie and perch than the the basic silver and gold and the glow spoons ? any replies appreciated !

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: U V jigging spoons for crappie and perch ?
« Reply #1 on: Nov 04, 2020, 04:58 PM »
Spoons in general are great baits ..any lil tweak can help produce more bites UV is also a good option .. I love glow ..and rattles

Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline slipperybob

• Team IceShantyholic
  • LX5 or die...maybe extra battery.
« Reply #2 on: Nov 05, 2020, 02:16 AM »
Because sometimes one needs to make subtle changes when the bite shuts off on a certain productive method.  I used to do just fine with a plain gold and silver.  Then I noticed that the hammered pattern picked up some bites when I couldn't get a bite.  Then also noticed that during low light, glows get more solid bites.  Noticed that when fishing deeper water, the UV ones got a more solid bite.  Not always as such the case but sometimes just a little difference.

Keep this in mind though.  The old fluorescent orange and chartreuse paint were naturally UV reflective.  So I don't just went all hyped over buying variety of UV lures.
For more information read my MN nice journal

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3 on: Nov 05, 2020, 07:54 AM »
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline sra61

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Nov 11, 2020, 01:05 PM »
Last season we used this little Northland Flutter Buckshot for crappie and doing damn good with them. I glow them up a lot.

Offline huffwin

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Nov 13, 2020, 04:52 PM »
Does anyone have a video on the best way's to get the UV tackle to work? Do you shine a light down the hole or what?

Offline slipperybob

• Team IceShantyholic
  • LX5 or die...maybe extra battery.
« Reply #6 on: Nov 13, 2020, 10:23 PM »
Does anyone have a video on the best way's to get the UV tackle to work? Do you shine a light down the hole or what?

UV reflective coating/colors rely on natural sunlight with UV to perform.  In the water natural sunlight only penetrates so far down the depth but the UV waves penetrates so much deeper into the water depths. 
For more information read my MN nice journal

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.