Author Topic: Warm Hat?  (Read 5511 times)

Offline stinkyfingers

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Warm Hat?
« Reply #30 on: Nov 03, 2019, 06:04 PM »
Best winter hat I’ve ever owned! No more constantly pulling the sides down to cover the ears!  ::)

I actually own 3 of them! One in camo I hunt in, one in black and one in hi-viz yellow.

Has a built in face mask, but the thing is so warm, I only use the mask when it’s near 0*

And you can’t beat the price!  ;)

That's the old Andean style but updated with modern textiles. As much as I would like a full raccoon ushanka I don't like the price and don't really need my brain baked more than

it is already. I'm not doing any trade with Tractor Supply but I'd bet Amazon could drop one on your doorstep. Good lead.
We're born, we live for a while, and then we die.  Sounds like a good reason to go ice fishing.
                                                               Stinky

Offline matzilla

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #31 on: Nov 04, 2019, 07:21 AM »
I have a $25 fleece lined wool stocking cap that is very warm. Best part? My scalp doesn't itch when I wear it.

same here! best hat ive ever had

Catchin' Fish

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē FÿSh
« Reply #32 on: Nov 04, 2019, 10:03 AM »
Please realize that natural fur is gauche this season. None, absolutely none, of the major design houses are featuring natural fur in their Fall collections You're been warned.

I gotta laugh at at all the animal huggers that think they are saving the planet by using fake fur. Hypocrites :)

Offline GBguy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #33 on: Nov 04, 2019, 01:05 PM »
Real fur if you want real warmth.

As for it being gauche, I doubt OP was going to be shopping at Macy's or any of the trendy designers that are caving to anti-hunters and anti-trappers crying about the fur industry.

I have a coonskin cap made by Wild Things Fur in La Farge, WI that is plenty warm, with a nice fleece liner and ear flaps.

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #34 on: Nov 04, 2019, 02:06 PM »
Ruttnutt, I use one of those as well but top it with a wool knitted hat on colder days. It is toasty for a very reasonable price. Keeping the neck warm is a key for me.

I must be a "hot head", cause I have yet to need another layer even in -8* weather.  ;D
Where's the FISH?!

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #35 on: Nov 04, 2019, 02:07 PM »
That's the old Andean style but updated with modern textiles. As much as I would like a full raccoon ushanka I don't like the price and don't really need my brain baked more than

it is already. I'm not doing any trade with Tractor Supply but I'd bet Amazon could drop one on your doorstep. Good lead.

Why NO tractor supply Stinky?  ???
Where's the FISH?!

Offline stinkyfingers

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #36 on: Nov 05, 2019, 08:02 AM »
No knock on Tractor Supply intended. I've never heard anything negative about them. Just that there are a lot of good internet vendors out there and I don't have that many gaps

in my arsenal these days. A warm hat is always a welcome addition. I like the look of that Carhartt number, especially for ears and neck. It's at $18.73 on Amazon.
We're born, we live for a while, and then we die.  Sounds like a good reason to go ice fishing.
                                                               Stinky

Offline Nessmuck

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #37 on: Nov 06, 2019, 10:22 PM »
Needed 7 muskrats to make this Russian Hat....toast...must wear when below 20 degrees

Offline Nessmuck

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #38 on: Nov 06, 2019, 10:24 PM »

Offline StonecoldCat

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #39 on: Nov 07, 2019, 04:43 AM »
Please realize that natural fur is gauche this season. None, absolutely none, of the major design houses are featuring natural fur in their Fall collections You're been warned.
That may be caused by this:https://www.livekindly.co/california-senate-bans-the-sale-of-fur/   :wacko:

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #40 on: Nov 07, 2019, 05:40 AM »
Mad bomber hat with rabbit.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline markinohio

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #41 on: Nov 07, 2019, 06:05 AM »
I got one of these probably 8 years ago? Completely windproof and because of that it is very warm, I can't wear it unless super cold out.
https://www.mountainhardwear.com/dome-perginon-1852671.html?dwvar_1852671_variatio nColor=012

This! Great for when stationary, or low aerobic activity. Even when it is super cold, I usually have to take it off while dragging the Flip-over, or my head will start sweating.

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
« Reply #42 on: Nov 07, 2019, 06:35 AM »
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau
  Keep America Godly...

Online filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #43 on: Nov 07, 2019, 06:42 AM »

I have a coyote skin hat extremely warm , I have an HT I were most of the time

Online iceman260

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #44 on: Nov 07, 2019, 06:50 AM »
I have a full coyote hat that hang down your back. It is very warm but smells like a dog when wet. Bart if you ever move to california I will buy that hat from you.
If fishing is a sport are we considered athletes?

Offline bootstrap

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #45 on: Nov 07, 2019, 07:25 AM »

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #46 on: Nov 07, 2019, 07:44 AM »
No knock on Tractor Supply intended. I've never heard anything negative about them. Just that there are a lot of good internet vendors out there and I don't have that many gaps

in my arsenal these days. A warm hat is always a welcome addition. I like the look of that Carhartt number, especially for ears and neck. It's at $18.73 on Amazon.

Oh, OK. I thought maybe there was something about Tractor Supply I was missing............... ...................... (like Dick's  ;))
Where's the FISH?!

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
« Reply #47 on: Nov 07, 2019, 08:42 AM »
I have a full coyote hat that hang down your back. It is very warm but smells like a dog when wet. Bart if you ever move to california I will buy that hat from you.

It will never happen... it would be like jumping out of a hot frying pan into the fire!

Keeping my hat too... I had it made when I was about 18, from the first beaver I had ever trapped, it's still going strong.  ;D
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau
  Keep America Godly...

Offline SLAYERFISH

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #48 on: Nov 07, 2019, 08:49 AM »
My warmest hat is a rabbit mad bomber.
That thing will cook you out!!!! 
;D

Yes it's by far the warmest hat out there-.
Love Me or Hate Me-
All Metal all the Time!

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #49 on: Nov 07, 2019, 09:50 AM »
X2------  :thumbsup:
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.