Author Topic: ITS TIME  (Read 15448 times)

Offline ksgoosekillr

• Team IceShanty Regular
ITS TIME
« on: Jan 14, 2019, 10:55 AM »
This weekends forecast should get us kick started. Anyone know starting thicknesses? I know most of the areas i fish are skimmed over should be a solid 4" after fri/sat.

Offline Flint

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: ITS TIME
« Reply #1 on: Jan 14, 2019, 03:17 PM »
Maybe out west but not North east. I just got back from Clinton back waters and there’s no ice there.

Offline haugboss

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 14, 2019, 07:31 PM »
 :woot:

Fear me all ye that dwell beneath the waves

Offline Pomona

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 14, 2019, 09:36 PM »
It is gonna happen fellas!!!! Bring it on, bring it on!

Offline ksgoosekillr

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 16, 2019, 09:09 AM »
i take that back... the weather people couldn't predict a stoplight.

Offline gediger

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 16, 2019, 12:35 PM »
Yep I’m not going to hold my breath. Probably is going to get just cold enough to freeze everything and mess up the last week of duck season.

Offline Pomona

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 17, 2019, 12:08 AM »
Ducks, who cares about ducks, I wanna catch some crappie through the ice!!!

Offline gediger

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 17, 2019, 07:15 AM »
Not that it really means anything but the forecast after Monday looks to turn cold and stay cold for about 2 weeks.

Offline Flint

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 17, 2019, 01:32 PM »
I’m watching but just don’t want to jinx it :unsure:

Offline postman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Jan 17, 2019, 05:43 PM »
Ksgoosekiller - any ice forming on any of the lakes your way? I had plans of next weekend but if ice hasnt been forming yet, not sure it will be ready

Offline ksgoosekillr

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Jan 18, 2019, 07:18 AM »
skim ice at best in coves, nothing solid in any form. The weather forecast has been modified to now show highs of mid 40's as far out as it can go instead of highs at 32 and lows in teens. I see nothing promising in the forecast for this weekend, or future. Think its time to modify the boat for this new Livescope ive been anxiously waiting to use on the ice.

Offline postman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Jan 18, 2019, 12:13 PM »
Thanks goosekiller. Weatherman breaks my heart every year....theyre real good about forecasting extreme cold temps....only to come back later with warmer forecast.

Offline lovetofishnow

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Jan 23, 2019, 04:59 PM »
Anyone know if there are fishable ice either at Kirwin or glen Elder at this time?

Offline Alumacraft

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Jan 23, 2019, 07:27 PM »
Anyone know if there are fishable ice either at Kirwin or glen Elder at this time?
Kirwin was open Sunday Morning.

Offline ksgoosekillr

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Jan 24, 2019, 08:31 AM »

in short no.
there is no fishable ice on reservoirs in Kansas right now. I scouted both glen and wilson this past weekend and neither had ice that could support me 1 ft from shore, with lots of open water. Someone posted that the west end of wilson and hell creek had locked up. The ice is MAYBE 1/4" - 1/2" thick

Offline postman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Jan 24, 2019, 08:40 AM »
Kirwin 1" this morning on north side....less on south side with multiple pockets of open water.

Offline ksgoosekillr

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Jan 24, 2019, 09:27 AM »
tue-wed-thur of this week has ice making temps, however forecast before and after looks horrible. Im really beginning to doubt this year.

Offline A0fisher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Jan 24, 2019, 11:45 AM »

There is no ice in KS.  No fish either.  Stay in Colorado!  Trout and perch is better than anything you'll catch in Kansas anyway.   ;D

Offline Broll89

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #18 on: Jan 25, 2019, 08:08 PM »
Sorry A0fisher.  Colorado has been over run with people so the natives are gonna start heading ur way, or north.  There are lakes here where u go out and see 150 huts on a weekend trying to catch slime balls.  Not my cup of tea.  Tough ice season for sure, or lack there of

Offline Pomona

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #19 on: Jan 26, 2019, 07:15 PM »
There were people on Perry today, big balls or no sense! Pomona had 2" when I checked it last night, I think I will pass until next weekend!

Offline haugboss

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #20 on: Jan 27, 2019, 07:26 PM »
Fish Rock Creek Perry today 5" of ice
Fear me all ye that dwell beneath the waves

Offline lovetofishnow

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #21 on: Jan 28, 2019, 10:29 AM »
Glen Elder got 3.5 in of ice this past weekend.

Offline ksgoosekillr

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #22 on: Jan 28, 2019, 11:35 AM »
Glen Elder got 3.5 in of ice this past weekend.

anyone out giving it a try? My report still had a nice large open water hole on the west end...

Offline ToughShins

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #23 on: Jan 28, 2019, 02:26 PM »
I was there from Thursday to sunday. Caught some nice WB the first day. Rest of the weekend all we caught was Jameson.  Ice was 2.5" on Thursday, 3.5 4" when we left on Sunday.  Fishing was slow overall for GE.

Offline A0fisher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #24 on: Jan 28, 2019, 02:32 PM »
anyone out giving it a try? My report still had a nice large open water hole on the west end...

Fishing at Glen was extremely slow this weekend.  The ice was also starting to melt Saturday.  I don't know if it will hold given the warm temperatures on Sunday, and the winds today.  I heard from someone who went to Kirwin that it had no ice, certainly no fishable ice. 

Sorry A0fisher.  Colorado has been over run with people so the natives are gonna start heading ur way, or north.  There are lakes here where u go out and see 150 huts on a weekend trying to catch slime balls.  Not my cup of tea.  Tough ice season for sure, or lack there of
Go fish where ever you want.  I know lovetofishnow and was just messing with him.  Actually, I really did not understand why he came on here to ask about ice condition when I gave him ice condition earlier that day.  ???

Offline ksgoosekillr

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #25 on: Jan 28, 2019, 03:46 PM »
I was there from Thursday to sunday. Caught some nice WB the first day. Rest of the weekend all we caught was Jameson.  Ice was 2.5" on Thursday, 3.5 4" when we left on Sunday.  Fishing was slow overall for GE.

many guys out with you?

Offline kienkhang1205

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #26 on: Jan 29, 2019, 09:52 AM »
I was at glen on Sunday, 3 1-2 inch of cloudy ice,,can’t fine any fish at all, ice is not looking good at all becareful if venture out by yourself,,windy on Monday ice should melt and lot of open water,,kirwin only have 1 inch of ice not safe to fish,

Offline A0fisher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #27 on: Jan 29, 2019, 11:47 AM »
I was at glen on Sunday, 3 1-2 inch of cloudy ice,,can’t fine any fish at all, ice is not looking good at all becareful if venture out by yourself,,windy on Monday ice should melt and lot of open water,,kirwin only have 1 inch of ice not safe to fish,

I think I saw you you guys in the distance.  You guys were at your usual spot, closer to the bridge.  Funny anyone with any real information on this website is actually from Colorado, not Kansas...  ;D 

Offline kienkhang1205

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #28 on: Jan 30, 2019, 03:57 PM »
1st time didn’t caught any crappies in KS but got some big cat fish lolzzz we went to 3 different lake all dead no life of fish at all, should be the weather make all the fish move to deep water, anyway will be fishing for jumbo perch casalcade ID this weekend and last ice trip for this year,,

Offline ksgoosekillr

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #29 on: Feb 01, 2019, 02:44 PM »
anyone got a current ice thickness after the cold front? Lady working office at Glen says 3" which i find hard to believe considering how cold it was tue/wed.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.