Author Topic: Any Ice?  (Read 2048 times)

Offline Mooncat

• Team IceShanty Regular
Any Ice?
« on: Nov 16, 2018, 01:20 PM »
A handful of us are thinking of getting a really early ice day trip up to the Brookings area in 2 weeks. Wondering about any ice reports or conditions for like Sinai or Whitewood? Apparently NO ONE shares info anymore on the Reports Page.

Any info would be great.

Thanks!
Thanks,
Paul in Palmyra, Nebraska

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Any Ice?
« Reply #1 on: Nov 16, 2018, 07:51 PM »
Any ice reports will be found or placed into the R&C threads when shared Mooncat. It's funny I'll run into Shanty members when I'm on the ice who say they never post anything, but they will check the boards looking for good information. It's cyclical. Some seasons we have a ton of great people sharing and then there are seasons where everyone is tight-lipped. It is definitely State dependent as other States have very active forums every season.  :tipup:

Offline royjulius

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Top 5 Pike:14-5,15-5,15-10,17-0,18-4, 2B cont.
« Reply #2 on: Nov 28, 2018, 03:24 PM »
I have a big mouth. I want everyone to have fun and catch fish.  :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:

Offline appleye

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Nov 28, 2018, 07:31 PM »
Hey royjulius, any reports from the hills? Giving it a thought to try this weekend.
In the memory of "Team Lighting" Fish ON!
No one ever says,"Man that fish tastes small.
Thank you Lord for thinkin bout me. I'm alive and doin fine!!!!!!

Offline Hopper

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 03, 2018, 02:37 PM »
Was out on Beaver yesterday just outside of Humboldt, and it had a pretty uniform 4" across. Lot of open water in other areas, but with the cold weather this week it should be firm enough for the brave and generally safe. I'd recommend going a little further north, the extra hour will be worth the trip up to the Webster area.

Offline royjulius

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Top 5 Pike:14-5,15-5,15-10,17-0,18-4, 2B cont.
« Reply #5 on: Dec 04, 2018, 07:51 AM »
Hey royjulius, any reports from the hills? Giving it a thought to try this weekend.

I haven't been out yet. Thought about maybe this weekend, but the older, wiser me says to wait one more weekend for a good 6 inches. My buddy is sitting here right now telling me that Sheridan was still open in the middle Saturday when he was hunting. (3 days ago)  :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:

Offline tornadochaser60

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 04, 2018, 08:05 AM »
A lot of lakes and bigger sloughs had snow geese on them until the last few days, some still have birds.  Ice thickness is going to vary wildly.  Take any reports you read with a grain of salt.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.