The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: Ice Angler Coneing Blade  (Read 2985 times)

jasid

Ice Angler Coneing Blade
« on: Feb 27, 2003, 03:51 PM »
Any one used an "ice angler coning blade" and/or knows where to get one? ???

Offline asphalt_kid

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Live life hard........ICE FISH
Re: Ice Angler Coneing Blade
« Reply #1 on: Feb 28, 2003, 06:03 PM »
Is that the hand held sharpener for auger blades that you are refering to?

Offline twodoggs

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ice hard, so fish hard.  but keep it fun.
« Reply #2 on: Feb 28, 2003, 07:41 PM »
no it turns the hole into an inverted funnel.  if it came in 7.25 in I would own one so far I have only found 8.25 and 10.25.  I have seen them at gander mt.  mills fleet farm.  and one web site that I cannot find.  I may have to get the 8.25 augar .  I have never used one or seen one in use but they look slick.

bussman

« Reply #3 on: Mar 03, 2003, 03:03 AM »
I have seen it and I would worry about it breaking and then not being able to get the auger out of the hole. I would love to see more info on it to!

pike-slayer

« Reply #4 on: Dec 29, 2003, 04:33 PM »
Did anyone ever have any luck finding "the angler" blade?  I have also been looking for one for 10" jiffy auger.  I looked at the Gander Mt page but didn't see anything.  The one page I did see is no longer available.  

Offline Pop

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re:Ice Angler Coneing Blade
« Reply #5 on: Dec 30, 2003, 03:34 PM »
I had a coning blade and it worked fine until the spring that is designed to pull it up when you are done and push it down the hole malfunctioned.  Two of us worked about an hour trying to get the coning blade in position to pull the auger out of the hole and finally one of the guys watching all of this remembered he had a wire coat hanger in his sled ( I carry a lot of stuff but never a coat hanger onto the ice ) .  We bent a hook into the wire and worked it down beside the auger and got the coning blade pulled up.  I think it is a good idea but I sold mine to a guy I didn't really like.  I even put a heavier spring on it.  

Pop

pike-slayer

Re:Ice Angler Coneing Blade
« Reply #6 on: Jan 05, 2004, 08:22 AM »
I had a coning blade and it worked fine until the spring that is designed to pull it up when you are done and push it down the hole malfunctioned.  Two of us worked about an hour trying to get the coning blade in position to pull the auger out of the hole and finally one of the guys watching all of this remembered he had a wire coat hanger in his sled ( I carry a lot of stuff but never a coat hanger onto the ice ) .  We bent a hook into the wire and worked it down beside the auger and got the coning blade pulled up.  I think it is a good idea but I sold mine to a guy I didn't really like.  I even put a heavier spring on it.  

Pop
Well thanks for that insite.  I was wonedering about that. Sounds like more trouble than it's worth!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.