Author Topic: 18lb rainbow.  (Read 2054 times)

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'm keeping my eye on you guys.....
18lb rainbow.
« on: Mar 02, 2006, 08:39 PM »
Heh was it any of you BC members? I heard one was caught in Dragon Lake by Quesnel last week and was hopeing it was a BC member on iceshanty ;D But no posts yet. :'(

Offline PGKris

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Iceshanty Trout King
Re: 18lb rainbow.
« Reply #1 on: Mar 03, 2006, 12:46 AM »
Dragon Lake? Where's that? ::) I want to SEE an 18 pound rainbow before I buy that story. I know a guy thats fished that lake since he was 2 and hasn't seen a fish bigger than 12 pounds.

2007 Lake Trout Champion. Bring it on!

"I never found the companion that was so companionable as solitude"
-Thoreau

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'm keeping my eye on you guys.....
« Reply #2 on: Mar 03, 2006, 08:56 AM »
Dragon Lake? Where's that? ::) I want to SEE an 18 pound rainbow before I buy that story. I know a guy thats fished that lake since he was 2 and hasn't seen a fish bigger than 12 pounds.

Where's that ;D. Tell that young fella to check the Quesnel newspaper. Every year there is some article of someone catching a bigger one. Last year was 16lbs. But then again newspapers don't always get the right story :-\
I have personally saw 8.4 lbs from there.

Offline British Columbia

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 10, 2006, 01:27 PM »

There are plenty of rainbows over 10 lbs in Dragon Lake!  My personal best is around 12 lbs years ago.  I remember one year a woman catching one that was I believe and could be wrong by a pound give or take and it was 22 or 23 lbs taken while trolling a flatfish.  It was also in the paper here in PG.

I was angling with a fellow one time and he finally lost one rainbow fly caught fish at the boat and we figured it was an easy 16 lbs.

They don't come easy and I understand even many locals at Dragon have yet to see anything over 6 or 7 lbs despite years of trying. 

Offline PGKris

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Iceshanty Trout King
« Reply #4 on: Dec 10, 2006, 05:44 PM »
You just want to start fights eh? Go ahead, dig up all the old material and flame me for it. See if I care

2007 Lake Trout Champion. Bring it on!

"I never found the companion that was so companionable as solitude"
-Thoreau

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.