Author Topic: Good Iphone app (Map/marker/routes?) That is free??  (Read 5504 times)

Offline Kingperch101

• IceShanty Rookie
Good Iphone app (Map/marker/routes?) That is free??
« on: Jan 01, 2018, 09:40 PM »
Hello, I am looking for a good app that I can use when navigating the ice when fishing... so I can log spots and see the water depths and such... Thanks!

Offline efka

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Good Iphone app (Map/marker/routes?) That is free??
« Reply #1 on: Jan 07, 2018, 03:10 PM »
cannot beat the navionics

Offline jiignut

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 07, 2018, 03:41 PM »
I'm pretty sure I had the lakes map on my iPad with the one foot contours from navionics. Now I don't. Thought it was free now there's a hefty charge. Am I missing something? Maybe I had a free trial or something?

Offline Kingperch101

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Nov 30, 2018, 11:33 AM »
I'm pretty sure I had the lakes map on my iPad with the one foot contours from navionics. Now I don't. Thought it was free now there's a hefty charge. Am I missing something? Maybe I had a free trial or something?
I believe there is a trial  :'(

Offline NateD

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Dec 04, 2018, 12:43 PM »
A hefty charge?  I think navionics was 10 bucks for the phone app when I got it, well worth it.

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #5 on: Dec 04, 2018, 02:16 PM »
US and Can believed I payed $14.95
There was a fee trial Nav USA

Offline rspice1984

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Nov 30, 2019, 08:12 PM »
Just payed 21 for the United States navionics maps
What happens in the shanty....stays in the shanty

Offline bearnoob

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Nov 30, 2019, 11:28 PM »
I payed $14.95 for the first year of Navionics. My subscription expired so I can't use all the advanced features of the app anymore, but what is available is all I need. Can still view 1 foot contours, lay waypoints and tracks.
Hardwater fisherman since 2014. All opinions subject to change as experience increases.

Mizayikaa

« Reply #8 on: Dec 03, 2019, 10:08 PM »
All pennies compared to dropping that fancy phone down the hole.

Offline kpd145

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Shove 'em in
« Reply #9 on: Jan 08, 2020, 10:12 AM »
I pay for navionics, for 14 dollars a yr and with all the fishing I do. It's well worth the money imo.
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming, "Wow! What a RIDE!"--Hunter S. Thompson

Offline hookset81

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Jan 08, 2020, 10:24 AM »
I think it's funny how people think everything on the phone should be free...you people have no clue how much development time goes into these apps and dev time is expensive!  If it is valuable enough for you to want to use it then it should be valuable enough to pay for that privilege. 

I pay for Navionics and love it, since I'm heading to Canada this year I will also upgrade to US/Canada this year.  Again, well worth it to me.   Same maps on my Garmin, can synch waypoints easily between them all through the Active Captain app and all is well.

Offline kpd145

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Shove 'em in
« Reply #11 on: Jan 16, 2020, 10:00 AM »
I think it's funny how people think everything on the phone should be free...you people have no clue how much development time goes into these apps and dev time is expensive!  If it is valuable enough for you to want to use it then it should be valuable enough to pay for that privilege. 

I pay for Navionics and love it, since I'm heading to Canada this year I will also upgrade to US/Canada this year.  Again, well worth it to me.   Same maps on my Garmin, can synch waypoints easily between them all through the Active Captain app and all is well.

What people don't realize is nothing is free, either through ads spammed in the app, or selling of your data while using the app.

Nothing is free.

But yeah the active captain thru garmin is very nice
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming, "Wow! What a RIDE!"--Hunter S. Thompson

Offline Fry Flier

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Jan 18, 2020, 09:42 PM »
Year 5-6 for Navionics and guess what? I will continue into the future as long as I fish>>>>>
May your tip-up spool while your flag raises with hopes of landing the big one.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.