The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: late 70s early 80s tip-ups  (Read 674 times)

Offline Ice.rat

• Team IceShanty Regular
late 70s early 80s tip-ups
« on: Jan 02, 2018, 03:00 AM »
 does anyone remember the old tip-ups that were a tube filled with blue glycol and a orange float inside and used a magnetic reel release like the new type todays kind. have looked every place online cant find them or the name or manufacturer. 

Offline Icemole

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: late 70s early 80s tip-ups
« Reply #1 on: Jan 02, 2018, 05:01 AM »
 They were made by  "Worth"  good luck finding them... HT is or was making a newer version but they had issues -- don't know if they fixed those issues or not.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.

Offline treesparrow1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 02, 2018, 07:26 AM »
 Yea, the old Worth Magnetics were great. I still have a few. I even have one new in wrapper, unopened. The new ones I have tried were junk. They are very fragile even though they have a couple innovations over the old Worth's. The two magnet system light and heavy is nice. In the end though the new fangled ones break so easy and the cold only makes them more fragile.

Offline Ice.rat

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 03, 2018, 02:55 AM »
hey guys thanks for the replys but that's not the ones i was looking for. these ones looked liked that but the main tube was clear plexiglass with a blue liquid inside. when you got a strike a 2/3 inch orange torpedo  type float rose to the  top of the tube used same type of magnetic release like the new type at the reel . i think my buddy bought them at t&r sporting goods in Greensburg pa. he has since moved and cant find his were abouts.just thought there were cool and wanted to find one or two for my son to use. hey jerry aka walleye who worked at vw in rear axles whats up a please reply.

Offline captain54

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 03, 2018, 09:26 AM »
EBay

Offline PaCarpboy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 03, 2018, 01:06 PM »
I use only Fishcrafter tip-ups.  They were manufactured in Worcester, MA.  Long out of business.  Very high quality.  I have about 15 of them.  Some were my dads he used in the 50's-60's.  Some with and some without running flags. I have others, but FC's are still the best.   

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.