New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS  (Read 1025829 times)

Offline Buckethead

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS
« Reply #570 on: Jan 20, 2018, 04:48 PM »
Great day for me with eyes,got out just before noon and had 3 keepers in15 minutes and play catch and release for 3hrs steady

Offline Chowdaire

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #571 on: Jan 20, 2018, 05:17 PM »
fished off of Godfrey this morning 3am-noonish..FINALLY found some waldos..95% were 10in lol..but I did lock into one FAT 19incher (female). She hit a small heavy shiner colored jiggin rap tipped with a fathead head.. the rest of the short came by way of variety of spoons.. 30 ft of water....Something really wierd happened..drilled a couple holes at the dropoff...14in of ice..went about 20 ft farther 2+ FOOT OF ICE...then 20 ft further right back to 14in of ice...I was stumped why there was one section with soooo much more ice then everywhere else.

Most likely over some shove ice so doubled the thickness.

Offline DeadEyez

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #572 on: Jan 20, 2018, 06:01 PM »
Great pics and reports guys!! I made the walk out at 3:30 this afternoon and was set up by 4:00. The bite for eyes was silly. Lost count as the action was fast and furious. Lost a bunch on the way up to. Took home 3 nice eaters. Packed up and headed in at 5:00. Beautiful night to walk off the lake!

NORTH SHORE ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARD

Offline reeleyz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #573 on: Jan 20, 2018, 06:40 PM »
Nice job Bobby. It was a perfect evening on the ice.

Did a quick trip tonight with my oldest boy and brought my mom's pup along. I managed a limit of eaters while they played in the snow.

Offline moosefeet

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #574 on: Jan 20, 2018, 07:32 PM »
#5 perch rap is good most of the time. I know guys that prefer fatheads over buckeyes even on Oneida.

Some days are tough and some days you need to move.

Looks like a zoo off of Cleveland today. That probably doesn't help when the circus is in town...
Ya should've been at Lewis Pt😉 Sounds like most of the lures you used should work but you still need active fish and presentation.

Offline Hijinks

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The greatest international fisherman.
« Reply #575 on: Jan 21, 2018, 06:49 AM »
Little warm up coming this week. For you guys and gals who fish Oneida, what are you thoughts for access this upcoming weekend? I don't forsee the foot of ice melting, but shore ice could be an issue. Making the trip to give it a shot for the weekend.
Thanks,
Henry
2023 - Doing a "food Sled" on Chautauqua with just my wild game food for purchase. Venison, Bear, Elk, Moose, and Boar. Weekends.
2022 - Featured in Jan In-Fisherman Magazine
2019- MVP of Flag Football over 65 league
1992 - 2022 Voted the best Ice Angler in Upstate
2020 - NY Times Best Seller for Propane Crockpot Book
2017 - Iceshanty.com Hall of Fame Inductee
2016 - Voted Best Grandpa in Upstate NY again.
2018 - Donated 1MM to Help Rebuild Afrikan Nation
2019 - Developed own line of jigging lures named after local businesses. Revenue of $289K first 3 months.
2022 - Micro-dehydrating propane cookbook debut on Amazon

Offline DeadEyez

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #576 on: Jan 21, 2018, 09:06 AM »
Awesome Bruce!! It was def a great day to be out yesterday. Saw quite a few little shanty towns out there! 
NORTH SHORE ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARD

Offline reeleyz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #577 on: Jan 21, 2018, 09:15 AM »
Awesome Bruce!! It was def a great day to be out yesterday. Saw quite a few little shanty towns out there!

Thanks.

It looks like the good old days in Cleveland right now!

Quick trip this morning. My mom hasn't been on the ice in about 7 years. She kept me busy unhooking fish!

Offline Crappie slammer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #578 on: Jan 21, 2018, 09:27 AM »
Very nice catch and ty you the pointers yesterday gonna have to try it again but I came to Whitney point today take my frustrations out on the lips of some eyes here a buddy and are up to about 25 so far not one keeper only if the size limit was 17" I would be home snuggling already

Offline reeleyz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #579 on: Jan 21, 2018, 09:29 AM »
CS - every one of those eyes came on a #5 perch rap with NO minnow.

Offline Crappie slammer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #580 on: Jan 21, 2018, 09:34 AM »
Awesome just can't believe how many fish I was marking yesterday and only one short and one at eighteen maybe I was not presenting the way they wanted next time they won't know what hit them lol

Offline Floatman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #581 on: Jan 21, 2018, 09:56 AM »
Not very familiar with the lake but have friend who lives on the water in the westerly outskirts of Cleveland.  I see it drops to 30’ fairly quickly from shore.  Worth a try in that general area? Thanks

Offline Buckethead

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #582 on: Jan 21, 2018, 12:39 PM »
Had a good morning,a hand full of perch and 3 eyes. Had to work for them but would not like every day to be as easy as yesterday

Offline IceLabrador

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Lead me to all of your secret spots or I'll bite!
« Reply #583 on: Jan 21, 2018, 01:30 PM »
East Shore BAIT .......did anyone else get BAIT there this morning...  went in they immediately asked if I wanted bucks.....I said yes, she says all I have is large.  I said okay I'll take 2 scoops.  Bill came close to 15 dollars for maybe 30 minnows....the size was maybe an inch and half.....hardly large buckeyes.  Anyone else deal with this?  I think that's ridiculous.  Will post pics soon. 

Offline swampking89

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ice fishin rules!!!
« Reply #584 on: Jan 21, 2018, 01:46 PM »
Hit BB this AM.super slow,2 keepers and 2 dinks.released all.might have stayed a little longer if I didnt forget my jacket!!about 20 or 30 guys out.2 guys had about 20 keepers.but an easy walk and nice morning to be out.

Offline pimplepounder

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #585 on: Jan 21, 2018, 02:33 PM »
Good weekend with my father and son.....my son got sick of watching me catch fish so he took my Vex away and chased the eyes himself

Offline pimplepounder

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #586 on: Jan 21, 2018, 02:36 PM »
Last night was a beauty of a sunset

Offline reeleyz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #587 on: Jan 21, 2018, 04:07 PM »
Good stuff PP!

Offline hrdcore

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #588 on: Jan 21, 2018, 05:21 PM »

Same hunting grounds as before. Grabed a limit at around 9 then moved to deeper water for perch. Silver & blue rap for the eye's & gold kastmaster for the perch. The eyes we're hit the spoon as well. The bite shut down around 2pm for me. 2 trips 2 limits... not too shabby.

Offline oneida1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #589 on: Jan 21, 2018, 05:31 PM »
went out a lil after noon 6 perch then moved to an eye spot and crushed them had my 3 by 315 and then just cr was an epic eye bite

Offline Buckethead

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #590 on: Jan 21, 2018, 05:39 PM »
The lake sure is fun right now,hope it keeps up.

Offline Buckethead

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #591 on: Jan 21, 2018, 06:00 PM »
3 from yesterday

Offline Buckethead

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #592 on: Jan 21, 2018, 06:04 PM »
Sorry pics didn’t work, after a hr of trying

Offline kc_

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • formerly known as ljc2tall, aka kc on mff
« Reply #593 on: Jan 21, 2018, 07:26 PM »
us another browser, like firefox

Offline TeamWalleye

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #594 on: Jan 21, 2018, 08:03 PM »
Hey Diehards. Need some help. Fished out of Godfrey today and my Brother in Law who started his day out well catching his first eye through the ice, had it not end so great. His sled broke down on his way across the lake. Does anyone know of someone that can help get it a mile or so to the launch at Godfrey, or do a repair on the ice? The 4+ mile walk was a bear and he could use some help. Thanks to anyone with advice.

Offline drowndin dots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Kings of the pond
« Reply #595 on: Jan 22, 2018, 04:28 AM »

Finally made it out and it was worth the wait. Easily over 30 eyes, just non stop action! Ice looked great, snow was about 4 inches with some slush in spots. Couldn't get away from the eyes to get on the perch but did manage a few and 1 giant.

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #596 on: Jan 22, 2018, 04:36 AM »
Sorry just noticed
Team walleye did yo get the sled off the ice , if not try App’s 315-675-8334
They may have a number to call if not I will try and break away and try assist if I can

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #597 on: Jan 22, 2018, 04:42 AM »
Nice job Eddie  eyes sure seem to be on the menu this season ,and they are just the way we like them plump and dumb , not it’s time for the perch-n to begin , now if the perch will be a little slow witted like their cousins 😊

Offline drowndin dots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Kings of the pond
« Reply #598 on: Jan 22, 2018, 04:56 AM »
Nice job Eddie , eyes sure seem to be on the menu this season ,and they are just the way we like them plump and dumb , not it’s time for the perch-n to begin , now if the perch will be a little slow witted like their cousins 😊
I know right! The eyes are nice and fat too, even the shorts are stocky.

Offline reeleyz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #599 on: Jan 22, 2018, 05:05 AM »
Hey Diehards. Need some help. Fished out of Godfrey today and my Brother in Law who started his day out well catching his first eye through the ice, had it not end so great. His sled broke down on his way across the lake. Does anyone know of someone that can help get it a mile or so to the launch at Godfrey, or do a repair on the ice? The 4+ mile walk was a bear and he could use some help. Thanks to anyone with advice.

I can give you a tow this afternoon if you still need help. Shoot me a PM if you do.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.