New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS  (Read 1024713 times)

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS
« Reply #480 on: Jan 14, 2018, 11:09 AM »
way that lake was on fire before ice ya would think they would be pounding.....

Offline rlejr

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #481 on: Jan 14, 2018, 02:44 PM »
Oneida 1, walking or riding?

Offline scout57

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • life's to short,lets go ice fishin'
« Reply #482 on: Jan 14, 2018, 03:06 PM »
fished williams park this morning.........cold as hell...slow.....ice was fine except for a little watery area near shore......sled was fine.....saw wheelers out also and didn't appear to have trouble.......8 perch....didn't mark many fish at all

Offline esocidae

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #483 on: Jan 14, 2018, 03:24 PM »
Thinking about going out Monday morning out of Apps.
Can anyone tell me how will the walk be?

Offline oneida1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #484 on: Jan 14, 2018, 05:08 PM »
Oneida 1, walking or riding?
riding sled

Offline oneida1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #485 on: Jan 14, 2018, 05:09 PM »
Thinking about going out Monday morning out of Apps.
Can anyone tell me how will the walk be?
didnt go near apps but i think the walk is doable but rough about 6in of snow with little drifts

Offline esocidae

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #486 on: Jan 14, 2018, 05:37 PM »
Thanks Oneida1

Offline conesuscrab

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #487 on: Jan 14, 2018, 07:01 PM »
I went out of Lewis Point yesterday.  Snow was crazy in the morning.  Drag sucked considering I was cautious and left my sled at home.  I won't make that mistake again.  Slush was a pain out about 100 feet from shore.  Went out to the East to 22 FOW.  Marked quite a few.  Caught 5 shorts.  My buddy caught a nice Walleye and a beauty Perch.  Great to get out, can't Waite to do it again.

Offline Chowdaire

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #488 on: Jan 14, 2018, 07:23 PM »
Slush tightened up enough on the north shore today that it held my wheeler.

I’m still waiting for Snagger to get back on here and dump a week’s worth of pics on us but in the meantime here’s a big girl that went back to do her thing in the spring.

Offline northernnyice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #489 on: Jan 14, 2018, 07:26 PM »
As always, we made the best of it last February, when we lost the ice, we put my boat in, heres a couple shots from February 27th.

(Image removed from quote.)

(Image removed from quote.)

What did you guys do, say, "take my pic with these walleyes, then i will hand them to you and i will take your pic with them!" Lmfao.....

Offline moosefeet

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #490 on: Jan 14, 2018, 07:34 PM »
Now eye chow! Sounds like the bite was on.

Offline bigbuck

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #491 on: Jan 14, 2018, 07:35 PM »
Nice one Chowdaire!

Offline vansmak

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #492 on: Jan 14, 2018, 07:43 PM »
Fished out of Williams today, moved everywhere,  mraked fish at all spots but very finicky on the bite.  Several perch and 1 short walleye between 4 guys.

A little help understanding Lady O......when we walked on, no issues at shore, when we walked off, there was knee deep water on top of the ice.  Where does that much water come from on a day that didn't get above 12 degrees?  Ice and snow too heavy and push up along the edge?
WALLLLEEYYEEE!!!!!!

Offline Lakeside41

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #493 on: Jan 14, 2018, 08:02 PM »
Drove up tonight with the kids to give it a try in the morning. Tried last week off Lewis and didn’t do to well. Hopefully tomorrow is the day.

Offline RiserMiser

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #494 on: Jan 14, 2018, 08:07 PM »
Everyone using the access can degrade the ice in that area

Offline s10xr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #495 on: Jan 15, 2018, 06:24 AM »
Went out yesterday morning.  Picked up 3 keepers and a couple shorts in 45 min.  Then it went dead.  Marking lots of fish and they wanted to play but would not commit.   Picked up another keeper around 10:30 then decided to make a move to a spot I do ok at for perch.  Gave it a hour and nothing.  Next weekend we do it again.   Weather looks like it should be comfortable to fish. 

Offline kawz

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #496 on: Jan 15, 2018, 07:54 AM »
a somewhat late request  - Was out at Verona Beach park Friday and on the return (11ish AM), I inadvertently dropped my Strikemaster laser around the parking lot.  If anyone found it, I would appreciate a response to [email protected].  I will pay for its return.  Thanks very much. 

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #497 on: Jan 15, 2018, 08:06 AM »

Nice fish guys ,
 I wish you luck Kawz

Offline rlejr

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #498 on: Jan 15, 2018, 09:15 AM »
Any word on atv's out of chapman. Last week before the rain was getting a little rough going up and down the hill. Plus, can we cross the break yet out at 28 feet? Want to get to 40 or so with wheeler. If not Chapman maybe south shore launch?  Thanks in advance.

Offline bigbay crappie buster

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #499 on: Jan 15, 2018, 09:34 AM »
has anyone been to big bay since friday i was there water was gushing out from the pipe like a major river  ice was fine when got out on it but had to walk 20-30 right of pipe to get on without  walking in water on ice tys for info .................
fill your buckets with quality not quantity and enjoy the conversations over heard of how good a fisherman you are................... ....

Offline burningdownthehouse

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #500 on: Jan 15, 2018, 09:45 AM »
Fished out of Williams again this morning, short trip since my seven-year-old got cold feet, managed a handful of keeper perch, dumped a couple nice ones at the hole and threw some back, perch Kastmaster tipped with spikes in 18 FOW did it today, slush near shoreline froze solid...looks sketchy at first glance but machines were making it across without breaking through the crust like yesterday

Offline Kleistna

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #501 on: Jan 15, 2018, 10:02 AM »
Nice fish!

Offline shantymaniac

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #502 on: Jan 15, 2018, 11:04 AM »
Fished Lewis on Saturday and did well.Between two of us we caught around 60 eyes and only 3 keepers all day.A lot were close but no cigar. Did Chapman on Sunday and got stuck on the bottom of the hill with my quad,water and slush.A big thanks to the two guys who helped us who were on their way out. Fished a few hours and caught nothing.So when I came back in and getting close to that slush I put the pedal to the metal and got through no problem.

Offline scout57

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #503 on: Jan 15, 2018, 03:43 PM »
has anyone been to big bay since friday i was there water was gushing out from the pipe like a major river  ice was fine when got out on it but had to walk 20-30 right of pipe to get on without  walking in water on ice tys for info .................
just drove by there and was shocked to not see 1 soul out there.........that tells me something,  what I don't know

Offline scout57

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #504 on: Jan 15, 2018, 03:46 PM »
went out of Lewis this morning.....getting on was a breeze........3 keepers and 8 jumbos and a few shorts.......not a bad day......

Offline ActiveTrapChecker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #505 on: Jan 15, 2018, 04:14 PM »
If you were looking to drive 2 hours to fish Oneida for the first time alone in an attempt to catch you first hardwater walleye where would you launch from? It would be on foot with a hub Shanty and fishing gear...

Offline coast51

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #506 on: Jan 15, 2018, 04:36 PM »
Walked out at sunrise from Williams Beach, released 3 of the 5 perch caught. Slow bite but caught a respectable 12" perch. Tomorrow will seem like a walk in the park with a slight warm up in the forecast.  Ice is 6" and easy walking.

Offline 2muchleft

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #507 on: Jan 15, 2018, 05:15 PM »
If you were looking to drive 2 hours to fish Oneida for the first time alone in an attempt to catch you first hardwater walleye where would you launch from? It would be on foot with a hub Shanty and fishing gear...
I have a 2 hour drive myself anytime I head to Oneida so I'm no local either.  I had some luck last week walking out of Lewis Pt.  My best advice is to contact one of the local bait shops for current info on conditions and fishing reports.  I'm familiar with East Shore Bait and Tackle in Sylvan Beach and App's out of Cleveland on the north shore.  Good luck.

Offline ActiveTrapChecker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #508 on: Jan 15, 2018, 05:23 PM »
I have a 2 hour drive myself anytime I head to Oneida so I'm no local either.  I had some luck last week walking out of Lewis Pt.  My best advice is to contact one of the local bait shops for current info on conditions and fishing reports.  I'm familiar with East Shore Bait and Tackle in Sylvan Beach and App's out of Cleveland on the north shore.  Good luck.

Will do, thanks for the info

Offline taildancer

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • fish-o-haulic
« Reply #509 on: Jan 15, 2018, 05:27 PM »
Can anyone give a report out of Constantia for walking

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.