New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS  (Read 1026150 times)

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS
« Reply #270 on: Jan 03, 2018, 06:28 AM »
Reading those post about hanging around bait shops makes me miss the one I worked in. You meet some great people, hear some good stories, (some are true) and learn a lot about your local lakes. One thing I wouldn't miss, this winter, is chipping ice to get to the bait. Dave didn't keep it very warm overnight. I would have to dress like I was going out on the ice....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline hot_spot18

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #271 on: Jan 03, 2018, 09:46 AM »
Has anyone fished out of Williams Park at all. Any fish? How is the ice?

I was there on the 1st.  Fished between 14-18 FOW.  Marked more in shallow water than deeper water, but that may have been timing as we didn't want to leave fish to find fish.  Strong AM bite in 15 FOW, but lots of dinks (3:1 dink to keeper give or take).  Moved deeper and struggled to mark fish, but managed a couple keepers before moving shallow again.  Ended up with with 20 or so jack perch and a pickerel between a couple guys.  Not a great day, but still fun.  No eyes for us yet this year, thinking of running to Sylvan my next day off.   

Offline oneidawalleye

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #272 on: Jan 03, 2018, 10:45 AM »
Hey Doug...famous Dave from Bunker Hill Road wanted me to tell you that he is opening up a shop again and you can go back to chipping away ice at the bait tanks again.

Offline schenkieboy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #273 on: Jan 03, 2018, 11:38 AM »
Where's the better place to catch perch on oneida lake off Sylvan Beach or Lewis point and how deep of water

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #274 on: Jan 03, 2018, 11:51 AM »

Welcome aboard Schenkieboy

Offline flukeman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #275 on: Jan 03, 2018, 12:38 PM »
Those of you who bring ATV's to Sylvan beach I was wondering where the best spot to park is and where the best access to drive on the ice is?

Thanks in advance!

Offline scout57

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • life's to short,lets go ice fishin'
« Reply #276 on: Jan 03, 2018, 04:14 PM »
Those of you who bring ATV's to Sylvan beach I was wondering where the best spot to park is and where the best access to drive on the ice is?

Thanks in advance!
there is a beach parking lot right behind the amusement park.......go over bridge on rte 13 and take a right at the bottom of the bridge.....follow the road around and go past the restaurants and follow the crowd.....plenty of parking.....you have to access the lake at the end of the parking lot onto the beach    there is usually a path to follow ......good luck Fluke

Offline nykonsdream

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #277 on: Jan 03, 2018, 07:56 PM »
Any good place to park near constantia? Don’t want to drive to other end of lake and big bay is always packed
.... AND TO THE FISHING GODS WE SHALL PRAY

Offline brian7

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #278 on: Jan 03, 2018, 08:18 PM »
X2 - 2014 got really tough for eyes but the perch bite got good.

If we get some good warm ups late January with some runoff bringing oxygen in we might be just fine.
  That was the year we fished eyes in 10 feet of water at season,s end Bruce.

Offline bigZin315

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #279 on: Jan 03, 2018, 08:59 PM »
How much ice at Lewis and beach? Thinking about bringing the sled tomorrow?thanks
It's not that fishing is so important, it's just that so many things in life are so much less important

Offline 2muchleft

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #280 on: Jan 04, 2018, 05:13 AM »
12 inches at the beach.  Machines were out yesterday.

Offline DeadEyez

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #281 on: Jan 04, 2018, 07:08 AM »
I have been out twice since my last report. Last night got out with little deadeyez for last hour of light and got skunked. Monday evening I went out solo and went 7-10 on eyes. Ice was in good shape everywhere i checked. This snow we are getting should help with those rough spots. Looks like some serious wind today and tomorrow. Gonna get the sled registered so I can be a little more mobile.
NORTH SHORE ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARD

Offline flukeman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #282 on: Jan 04, 2018, 07:21 AM »
there is a beach parking lot right behind the amusement park.......go over bridge on rte 13 and take a right at the bottom of the bridge.....follow the road around and go past the restaurants and follow the crowd.....plenty of parking.....you have to access the lake at the end of the parking lot onto the beach    there is usually a path to follow ......good luck Fluke

Thanks Scout

Offline reeleyz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #283 on: Jan 04, 2018, 07:41 AM »
I have been out twice since my last report. Last night got out with little deadeyez for last hour of light and got skunked. Monday evening I went out solo and went 7-10 on eyes. Ice was in good shape everywhere i checked. This snow we are getting should help with those rough spots. Looks like some serious wind today and tomorrow. Gonna get the sled registered so I can be a little more mobile.

Nice job Bobby. That snow should make big difference.

Offline cnypanfisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #284 on: Jan 04, 2018, 08:34 AM »
My sled is good to go for evening trips Bob, I wanna fish like 3:30 - dark and get some in the freezer.

I went out last night at like 3:30 and got 3 and like 3 short ones. Batting 1000 so far, ice is good, same spot I was on Monday has another 2 inches of ice already. Those rough spots can send you flying if you are moving along on A sled, they are like oversized concrete blocks, keep your eye out if you are on machines.

CNY

Offline rayfish

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • addicted
« Reply #285 on: Jan 04, 2018, 08:53 AM »
Good morning all. I have a opportunity to fish tomorrow and Saturday! 👍🏻

I'd like to be adventurous and try the north side of the lake.

Which is an easy walk to fishable water..heading out of Godfrey or apps?

No techniques or coordinates needed, just some friendly advise.

Thank you..

RF

Offline Chowdaire

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #286 on: Jan 04, 2018, 09:01 AM »

Thank you..

RF

I would go to Apps, pick up some bait and ask them where to go and walk out of there. Before I lived on the lake that's how I had my best days on the ice.

Offline scout57

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • life's to short,lets go ice fishin'
« Reply #287 on: Jan 04, 2018, 11:32 AM »

Thank you..
I would pay close attention to the weather forecast........danger ous weather for friday and saturday........cold,snow and nasty wind
RF

Offline longhunter

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #288 on: Jan 04, 2018, 12:11 PM »
Starting to feel like days of old.hope it's good safe travel with lots of ice and gas augers and those old comfortable shanties it really was fun with all the old farts along the north shore.

Offline rayfish

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • addicted

Offline Bug-Eye-Brew

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Catch and Release into the Grease
« Reply #290 on: Jan 04, 2018, 03:38 PM »
Decided to fish out of Chapman today, ice was great every where I drilled, 7-10". Bite was not so good and only had a few good looks, threw everything at them, several moves from 22-34 row, only a hand full of guys out and the parking lot was empty for the most part. Would have thought with this front moving in and the pressure dropping the bite would have been better, oh well still nice to get out....
Age is an issue of mind over matter, if you don't mind, it doesn't matter ... Mark Twain

Offline forkhorn

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #291 on: Jan 04, 2018, 06:03 PM »
Good to hear ice conditions are good for machines coming out for the first time next weekend

Offline Black Betty

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #292 on: Jan 04, 2018, 07:23 PM »
Hello Bug Eye Brew.  My buddy and I spoke to you in Chapman’s parking lot this am.  We moved all over today and got it handed to us.  1 perch all day.  Very few marks.

Offline bigZin315

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #293 on: Jan 04, 2018, 08:20 PM »
I measured 9.5 inches at Lewis today, fished from 130-430 got a couple decent perch and one short, marked a bunch just weren’t biting for me today.
It's not that fishing is so important, it's just that so many things in life are so much less important

Offline PerchEyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The "eyes" have it!
« Reply #294 on: Jan 04, 2018, 08:34 PM »

RF,
You do realize that tomorrow will be 3 degrees with 25mph wind?
And Saturday is no better.
Good recipe for frost bite.
Friendly advise:  Wait till Monday.

PerchEyes

The tug is the drug.

Offline rayfish

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • addicted
« Reply #295 on: Jan 04, 2018, 09:22 PM »
RF,
You do realize that tomorrow will be 3 degrees with 25mph wind?
And Saturday is no better.
Good recipe for frost bite.
Friendly advise:  Wait till Monday.

PerchEyes

I know.....just sucks having zero responsibility for a Friday and Saturday! I could fish all day...better safe then sorry....long season ahead🙂👍🏻

Offline moosefeet

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #296 on: Jan 05, 2018, 03:52 AM »

Thank you..
I think I'd go to Apps, get some bait, hang out by the wood stove, get some advise and go fishing on Monday ;)
RF

Offline New Old Guy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #297 on: Jan 05, 2018, 08:24 AM »
Yo Guys & gals,

I am starting to hear a lot of wisdom in these last few posts. Being retired has it's benefits. Monday looks good to me as well. I am chomping at the bit to get out there myself. I think i will use the 2 days to get familiar with imgur and to start posting pictures. We will see if I can finally master posting pictures eh?

Boggey
Start each day with the exuberance of a 10 year old . Do not allow those around you to diminish that exuberance.

Offline Rugburn

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Carpeted boat + rough water = RUGBURN
« Reply #298 on: Jan 05, 2018, 08:29 AM »
You no longer need those posting sites. Just use the new IS "add image to post" blue click bottom left of the box you're typing in.

Offline Bug-Eye-Brew

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Catch and Release into the Grease
« Reply #299 on: Jan 05, 2018, 08:50 AM »
Hello Bug Eye Brew.  My buddy and I spoke to you in Chapman’s parking lot this am.  We moved all over today and got it handed to us.  1 perch all day.  Very few marks.
I notice you guys didn't move for quite a while so I thought you might have located some fish, the bite was definitely tough. Hope you and your buddy from P.A. have better luck today, the winds are going to be a bit to take and work has me staying warm...lol
Age is an issue of mind over matter, if you don't mind, it doesn't matter ... Mark Twain

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.