Author Topic: Rumble ON The Ice ..mini tourny RULES!!!  (Read 2654 times)

Offline rumblefish_1

• Team IceShanty Regular
Rumble ON The Ice ..mini tourny RULES!!!
« on: Feb 10, 2006, 01:25 AM »
1. ELIGABILITY --- All participants must be a SASK Ice Shanty member.All members Must be signed up by Friday Feb 11th at midnight.Competition starts Saturday Feb 12th and close March 31st at Midnight.I have the right to allow late entries pending a good excuse as this is for FUN!!

2. HOW TO PLAY

To make this fair for all contestants across the province I have designed an unusual format.Please PM me and let me know what you think of it.

Fisherman will be scored on a point system per fish.The bigger the fish = the bigger the points.The highest points at seasons end will be crowned the first ever Rumble On The Ice Champion. 

Anglers will receive points on  5 species of fish...Pike   Walleye   Perch  Tulibee and  Burbot.These 5 have been chosen as they are the most common in all areas of the province.Species such as rainbows and lakers have not been chosen because they are regional and not all anglers have access to them.

*******Anglers can enter 3 fish per species for a total of 15 fish.******

3.  SCORING OF FISH

Each species will receive points based on size. Scoring is as follows:

Pike:         under 24" = no score
               24"-30" = 1 point
               30"-35" = 2 points
               35"-40" = 3 points
               40 +     = 3 points + 1 point for every inch over 40

Walleye:   under 15" = no score
              15"- 20"  = 1 point
              20"- 25"  = 2 points
              25"-30"   = 3 points
              30 +       = 3 points + 1 point for every inch over 30

Perch       under 6" = no score
               6" - 8"   = 1 point
               8" - 10"  = 2 points
              10" - 12" = 3 points
               12" +     = 3 points + 1 point for every inch over 12

Tulibee     under 10" = no score
               10" - 12" =1 point
               12" - 15" = 2 points
               15" - 18" = 3 points
               18" +      = 3 points + 1 point for every inch over 18

Burbot      under 20" = no score
               20" - 24" = 1 point
               24" - 28" = 2 points
               28" - 32" = 3 points
               32" +      = 3 points + 1 point for every inch over 32

**example** a 22" burbot scores 1 pt     
                   a 35" burbot scores 3 pts + 3 more pts (1 pt for every inch over 30)= 6 pts

4.  FISH ENTRY

Take a picture of your fish beside a HARD measuring device.Post your pic in the thread marked RUMBLE ON THE ICE ENTRIES for it to be scored.I will score your fish and give updates.Please remember I am just a Volunteer doing this for our fun and that I have other priorities at times so there may be a delay on your scoring.I will try and get to them ASAP.Any disputes in the scoring can be brought to my attention by PM only.Any public bickering will not be tolerated and will be cause for disqualification.THIS IS FOR FUN!!!  Please play fair and only post fish YOU catch and not a buddies.No reason for cheating as the prizes just are not worth it guys.

5. PRIZES

On march 31st I will tally the final scores and the winner will receive a Prize package.Value at this time is unknown.We have 3 donations for prizes at this time so if anybody has something they would like to contribute please PM me.Prizes and sponsors will be announced as they come in so please take time to say thank you to them.

Offline fishcrusher

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Got Fish?
Re: Rumble ON The Ice ..mini tourny RULES!!!
« Reply #1 on: Feb 10, 2006, 04:01 AM »
Absolutely awesome- loving the rules.  See you guys in the winner circle. lol
Withdraw to the Wilderness
Wekusko Falls Lodge

Offline APU GARCIA

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Saskatchewan
« Reply #2 on: Feb 10, 2006, 08:26 AM »
LOOKS AWESOME RUMBLE!!!!!!!!

Just one question, does it start on Sat. the 11th or Sun. the 12th?

MY NAME IS APU, HOW DO YOU DO, NOW YOU GUNNA DIE!!!!!!

Offline rumblefish_1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 10, 2006, 09:05 AM »
SO SORRY...IT STARTS ON SATURDAY THE 11th.  Due to my typing the rules close to midight I didnt notice the date had changed...my error.  Looked at my watch thinking it was thursday night but was actually Friday a.m. by that point. My apologies.Spell check doesnt correct stupidity. LOL

teatot

« Reply #4 on: Feb 10, 2006, 09:13 AM »
Hey Rumblefish thanks for taking on the duties of such a challenge.Looks and sounds like it's going to be a lot of fun.Excellent format,should work well as long as a guy remembers to take along his camera...lol. With the three fish limit can a guy enter larger ones down the road as you catch them or are your first three the three you have to keep entered?
Later-Teapot

Offline rumblefish_1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 10, 2006, 09:28 AM »
YOU CAN UPGRADE YOUR FISH AT ANY TIME.  Thanks for the question...I meant to put that in but somehow missed it.

Offline cbelsh

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Feb 10, 2006, 11:48 AM »
Im pumped "let's get it on fella's".........LETS GET READY TO RUMBLE!!!!!!!!

Offline Water Wolf

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice anglers walk on water.
« Reply #7 on: Feb 10, 2006, 12:25 PM »
Sounds great rumblefish. Nice idea with the winter Olympics starting today, this is like a mini Sask. Olympics. ;D
Good luck everyone. :)

WW

Offline Tombo

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #8 on: Feb 10, 2006, 03:11 PM »
Thank-you Rumblefish-I hope this attracts some more Sask. members Good luck to everyone.

teatot

Re: Rumble ON the Ice..mini tourny RULES!!!
« Reply #9 on: Feb 10, 2006, 03:23 PM »
Hey Rumblefish and all you Sask.members involved in the tourney,it's just an idea and even if only a few contribute it would help out,what if we all try and buy something little related to the great sport of fishing(hardwater or open water) and donate it as a prize so Rumblefish doesn't have to worry about that part as well.I mean if only 10 of us reply to it it would sure make the prize hamper at the end that much more appealing and you could even have 2-3rd etc,etc spots available to getting a prize.Tell me if I'm asking to much or is it possible-NO OBLIGATION just something small to those that want to contribute to the tourney.Just my thoughts-Teapot

Offline fishnut

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Feb 10, 2006, 05:09 PM »
"Pike:         under 24" = no score"

I'm sorry, but I just have to add something...

I don't understand why we don't get any points for landing a fish under 24".  Can you change that so we get .05 points or something like that, instead of nothing?  I'd be pretty dissapointed, if I went out one day and found a hotspot and landed 7 or 8 pike but wouldv'e got nothing because they were all under 24".   Can you see where I'm comming from?  Please give it some thought.

fishing - It's a religion, not a sport.

Offline fishnut

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Feb 10, 2006, 05:11 PM »
LOL, sorry, I meant to say .5 and not .05!

Offline rumblefish_1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Feb 10, 2006, 06:28 PM »
I hear ya fishnut and see your point but sorry the answer is NO. The rules are set for this year.  Your point can be made for all species of fish as lots of guys catch small perch and walleyes as well ..but you have to remember that you can ONLY COUNT YOUR BIGGEST 3 FISH per species.Chances are you will catch 3 over the minimum amout allowed.In the situation you mentioned you may catch 8 fish under 24" and send 3 in for scoring and get 1.5 pts but It wouldnt matter in the long run because if a member enters a 30" pike he will beat you anyway with 2 pts.I just dont think it is worth putting these small fish through the extra stress of measuing and pictures.Let em go..let em grow.
If enough guys want it changed I will consider it for next year.

Thanks for your input.

Offline fishnut

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Feb 10, 2006, 06:48 PM »
Come on guys, let's start a hunger strike... LOL, just kidding :)

Offline rumblefish_1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Feb 10, 2006, 06:52 PM »
LOL   Thanks for understanding Fishnut  :P

Offline LUNKERONZ

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • JIG ON!!!
« Reply #15 on: Feb 11, 2006, 11:19 PM »
1. ELIGABILITY --- All participants must be a SASK Ice Shanty member.All members Must be signed up by Friday Feb 11th at midnight.Competition starts Saturday Feb 12th and close March 31st at Midnight.I have the right to allow late entries pending a good excuse as this is for FUN!!

Hey there Rumble!! this sounds like a sweet tourney. i am new here along with jigmaster77 and rapala. we are from regina and i just stumbled upon this ordeal. any chance us fellow shanty dwellers can still sign up for this?? the only excuse we have is the most obvious.......to busy fishin to sign up!!! let me know pleeeeez!
Jig on!

Offline rumblefish_1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Feb 12, 2006, 09:29 AM »
HI there...yes you may enter!! I have had a few people contact me asking the same questions.Some people tried to sign up on friday but were still waiting for IS to approve the member status and others just had not been on the site all week. You are in and good luck.

Offline LUNKERONZ

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • JIG ON!!!
« Reply #17 on: Feb 12, 2006, 10:27 PM »
right on!! i'll tell the guys.thanks and good luck to all!!
Jig on!

Offline rumblefish_1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Feb 12, 2006, 10:38 PM »
REMINDER ...Pat had a great idea when he suggested we all hook up for a mud at a :meet the members " sort of night. MONDAY FEB 13TH at Robins donuts  Sask Drive & Alberts St     7PM   Would be great if you guys could make it.Give us a chance to meet and discuss fishing , the derby ( pros and cons), and just yak. Hope to see you there.

Offline fishnut

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #19 on: Feb 13, 2006, 04:41 PM »
That's in 2 1/2 hours!  I hope everyone got that! LOL

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.