Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Eelpout

Very effective burbot rigging.... PICTURES BACK UP!

<< < (2/8) > >>

Yukoner:
Last night, from 9:45 to 11:45.  These were the ones kept for Easter dinner.  No monsters, really good eaters.  The rod is 28" long to give you an idea of the size. 

God bless,
Ted

Yukoner:

Was very warm today.  Snow melting very fast now, the end is coming quicker than usual.

Have a great Easter Sunday, Everyone!

Ted

AndyJ:
Yukoner - I rigged 2 spoons, one similar to your pic and and another with  ruby eyes, caught a pike (jack here) on a tip-up for the hook trimming and did my best jigging, but no luck. There are burbot in the lake and we did catch one 29" on a tip-up, so being an amateur the result to be attributed entirely to my lack of knowledge of fish habits and hole placement. I am going to get electronics and read everything I can this summer so next season will be different. Thanks for the tip - it is filed for the future.

Yukoner:
Odd you say that because a guy on Alaska Outdoors contacted me and told me he caught ten using it between 11:00 PM and 1:00 AM on Saturday night.  gorf37 on the other hand, who posted here, tried it and drew a blank, however he and his fishing buddy limited out using glow baits the same night.

Certainly, it may not always work.  I went out last night with my lovely wife to purposely try our luck in 40KM winds.  She caught three using a green glow tube bait just off the bottom in 40 feet, while I was still waiting for a hit.

Interesting stuff,
Ted

Nightbird:
Just bought some of the new glow Len Thompson spoons. Might be effective for this rig. Filing for next winter.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version