Author Topic: Best Ice Deals!! Lets hear em!  (Read 1679590 times)

Offline Vandal78

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Best Ice Deals!! Lets hear em!
« Reply #8371 on: Jul 11, 2021, 04:39 PM »
Camofire has a few Striker ice items today. 4xl predator bibs, 1/4 zip shirt, defender gloves and a hooded puffer jacket. First I’ve seen Striker gear on Camofire.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #8372 on: Jul 11, 2021, 08:39 PM »
Sportsman's Guide is having a $25 dollars off of $150 dollars spent on fishing,boating and water sport toys/accessories until midnight central time on July 13TH.
Use coupon code SG4475 to get the discount. Also sale on .223 and 7.62 ammo until midnight central time on Friday July 16TH. I hope some of you can take advantage of these sales.
 Steve                      www.sportsmansguide.com

Offline fishchef

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8373 on: Jul 12, 2021, 09:10 AM »
Fleet Farm has Daiwa QG750 (with fold-down handle) on sale for $34.99 and free S/H:

https://www.fleetfarm.com/detail/daiwa-qg-ultralight-spinning-reel/0000000321009

Online hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8376 on: Jul 13, 2021, 11:39 AM »
HT E-Drill 8" $ 118.01 ..this dropped in price steadily for a week or so ..as of this morning creeping back up

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0813YLM6P/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

I have this drill attached to a Clam Plate via a Clam 16" extension for height ... has a centerpoint and break through ring...although I have used it sparingly fully assembled w/side handle I am not a fan of the attached side handle ..which is removable via a snap-ring...has Mora/Shaver blades that have been holding a good edge ..the full auger cover is a plus ..just replace the rubber cord/strap with a ball bungee and it great.
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8377 on: Jul 13, 2021, 12:00 PM »
HT E-Drill 8" $ 118.01 ..this dropped in price steadily for a week or so ..as of this morning creeping back up

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0813YLM6P/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

I have this drill attached to a Clam Plate via a Clam 16" extension for height ... has a centerpoint and break through ring...although I have used it sparingly fully assembled w/side handle I am not a fan of the attached side handle ..which is removable via a snap-ring...has Mora/Shaver blades that have been holding a good edge ..the full auger cover is a plus ..just replace the rubber cord/strap with a ball bungee and it great.

Nice price, been looking for something with a break through ring in 8"... I love my Mini Neros but the 8" grabs the bottom on break through like crazy, oddly enough the 6" never does...
Thanks for posting this.
"May your lines be tight and never be tangled" (old Frankish Proverb)  Guinea 2021

Offline ChaumontMasters

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8378 on: Jul 13, 2021, 12:18 PM »
Chaumont Masters
    Master Class Outfitting

www.ChaumontMasters.co m
www.Facebook.com/ChaumontMasters

Online hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8379 on: Jul 13, 2021, 12:24 PM »
Nice price, been looking for something with a break through ring in 8"... I love my Mini Neros but the 8" grabs the bottom on break through like crazy, oddly enough the 6" never does...
Thanks for posting this.

My buddy has the same set up .. Mil 2804/Clam plate w/ Clam extension/ 8" HT E-Drill ...he is a young man and has had the set up for two complete seasons and has drill an estimate 800 holes of various ice thickness...toward the end of this past season he did notice the blades were dulling as noted between my set up and his on a side by side comparison of speed ...he ended up putting on a set of SM 8" Mora blades which he had laying around.. which are better blades overall as they are stainless ..blades fit like a glove and he was back in business. We also sharpened the dull blades via a Smith sharpener and we believe it was a success but it was late/slushy ice so not 100% certain ..next season first ice will tell. Replacement blades can be found at FishUSA for $11.00 ...seems out of stock now

https://www.fishusa.com/HT-Enterprises-Polar-Hand-Ice-Auger-Replacement-Blades?irgwc=1&utm_source=Impact&ClickID=w7rzbzQ%3AvxyLTNE0TbWK8Xs3UkBySERdzSQNWI0&utm_medium=2003851&utm_campaign=Fly%20Fishing%20Store
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8380 on: Jul 13, 2021, 03:02 PM »

Online hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8381 on: Jul 13, 2021, 03:28 PM »
M18 fuel hammer drill $155 while supplies last

https://www.weldingsuppliesfromioc.com/milwaukee-m18-fuel-1-2-inch-drill-driver-2803-20

Much better deal bare tool deal ..the code should work with Dewalt as well as complete combo kits

used code :274198 for $20....2803-20: $119   2804-20: $129

https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200715451_200715451

https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200715452_200715452

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #8382 on: Jul 13, 2021, 04:11 PM »
My buddy has the same set up .. Mil 2804/Clam plate w/ Clam extension/ 8" HT E-Drill ...he is a young man and has had the set up for two complete seasons and has drill an estimate 800 holes of various ice thickness...toward the end of this past season he did notice the blades were dulling as noted between my set up and his on a side by side comparison of speed ...he ended up putting on a set of SM 8" Mora blades which he had laying around.. which are better blades overall as they are stainless ..blades fit like a glove and he was back in business. We also sharpened the dull blades via a Smith sharpener and we believe it was a success but it was late/slushy ice so not 100% certain ..next season first ice will tell. Replacement blades can be found at FishUSA for $11.00 ...seems out of stock now

https://www.fishusa.com/HT-Enterprises-Polar-Hand-Ice-Auger-Replacement-Blades?irgwc=1&utm_source=Impact&ClickID=w7rzbzQ%3AvxyLTNE0TbWK8Xs3UkBySERdzSQNWI0&utm_medium=2003851&utm_campaign=Fly%20Fishing%20Store
so it's confirmed that strikemaster mora blades fit the ht edrill?i was hoping they would that makes the edrill a great unit.i also took advantage of the 11$ ht blades last winter.

Online hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8383 on: Jul 13, 2021, 04:37 PM »
so it's confirmed that strikemaster mora blades fit the ht edrill?i was hoping they would that makes the edrill a great unit.i also took advantage of the 11$ ht blades last winter.

Yes ..also I recently purchased an 8" Eskimo Pistol Bit..which came with an extra set of blades and those match up with the holes on the HT blades I purchased from FishUSA ...those blades are annealed to hold their edge longer according to the description .

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #8384 on: Jul 13, 2021, 05:03 PM »
Nice, i like auger bits that take multiple manufacturers blades.

Online hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8385 on: Jul 14, 2021, 08:21 AM »
Clam Plate ..new $74.20 ...several used starting at $64.00

These were holding steady at $90 bucks last season ...who knows what this season will bring

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B014JWLDD2/ref=ord_cart_shr?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A2L77EE7U53NWQ

Online hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8386 on: Jul 14, 2021, 09:13 AM »
Kobalt drill 1200 in/lbs w/one 4ah battery $139..I dont much about this drill performance ...not recalling many if any IS members having any ...not a fan of the ah of the battery ...but it does meet the specs

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Kobalt-XTR-24-Volt-Max-1-2-in-Brushless-Cordless-Drill-Charger-Included/1002273816

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8387 on: Jul 14, 2021, 09:21 AM »
4ah works fine as long as you aren't a total holehead or drilling through a glacier. I have a 4ah on my drill and I can get 200-250" ice with on a 7" Lazer, depending on whether or not it's really chilly out, and ice thickness.

For someone who only drills a handful of holes a trip, it's about perfect size because you aren't lugging a cinder block on the grip of your drill.

Offline Gamalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8388 on: Jul 14, 2021, 09:24 AM »
I own a number of Kobalt hand tools but nothing from their battery powered offerings. What I have has been good quality for sure but like HWD, I would skip this one because of the single 4 AH battery or if I had to have that drill for the ice I would spring for the extra $ AH battery at $59 with it.
If I agreed with you we would both be wrong!

Offline Gamalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8389 on: Jul 14, 2021, 09:46 AM »
I always go with one or two buddies and we always bring my Mil drill set up and another same set up but my buddy insists on his Ryobi drill. He bought the full Ryobi kit with 4 or 5 different tools, the charger and a couple batteries. His first trip last season on a foot of ice he toasted his brand new drill. Ryobi replaced it for free. The next trip out on the same lake with 15 inches he started smoking his drill again. Ryobi again replaced it but he bought the Milwaukee drill kit I sent the link from here and leaves his Ryobi drill home now for light duty work. His Ryobi is 18V #P250 and I don't know the torque or if it is brushless but I know for sure they should not be out on the ice for auger duty. We have used it in the woods repairing tree stands and it did fine but it was dry and fairly warm.
Another buddy uses a Rigid impact driver on a Clam plate that he adapted a half inch socket to fit the shaft. It seems to work pretty good but makes a heck of a racket every time he drills a new hole and I bet it is tough on the Clam plate bearing.

Offline hawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8390 on: Jul 14, 2021, 11:34 AM »
Does he run it on hammer setting?

Offline Gamalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8391 on: Jul 14, 2021, 11:38 AM »
Does he run it on hammer setting?

Rigid IMPACT DRIVERS only have the hammer/impact setting but they do have lots of torque.

Online hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8392 on: Jul 14, 2021, 11:42 AM »
Rigid IMPACT DRIVERS only have the hammer/impact setting but they do have lots of torque.

WOW that gotta make some racket and must destroy blades as well

4ah works fine as long as you aren't a total holehead or drilling through a glacier. I have a 4ah on my drill and I can get 200-250" ice with on a 7" Lazer, depending on whether or not it's really chilly out, and ice thickness.

For someone who only drills a handful of holes a trip, it's about perfect size because you aren't lugging a cinder block on the grip of your drill.

So the Kobalt battery performs poorly in frigid  temperatures ? 

Offline badbrad2186

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8393 on: Jul 14, 2021, 11:46 AM »
Kobalt drill 1200 in/lbs w/one 4ah battery $139..I dont much about this drill performance ...not recalling many if any IS members having any ...not a fan of the ah of the battery ...but it does meet the specs

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Kobalt-XTR-24-Volt-Max-1-2-in-Brushless-Cordless-Drill-Charger-Included/1002273816

Fish with a guy who uses this exact set up no problems drills 25-50 holes a day
If you sit around all day and do nothing your a bum, but if you sit in a boat all day or in a shanty and do nothing they call you a fisherman

Offline Gamalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8394 on: Jul 14, 2021, 11:52 AM »

"WOW that gotta make some racket and must destroy blades as well"

We have not seen any blade issues at all and it does cut holes easily but pretty noisy is all.

I have switched my Milwaukee drill to the hammer function just to see if it worked better or worse and I saw no real difference at all.

Online badger132

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8395 on: Jul 14, 2021, 12:00 PM »
Hammer drills are used because they have heavier gear boxes than the non- hammer options- the hammer function is more like an axial buzzing- there are 2 discs like poker chips inside that skip over one another and provide some benefit when using a masonry bit, which works by chiseling mortar out of the bottom of the hole. It does nothing to help with drilling ice, which relies on a sharp bit shaving the ice as it turns. An example of this in a linear mode would be a hand plane.

An impact wrench works by providing torque in rotary pulses, which can tighten a bolt to a high torque, but does not provide the same continuous torque as a drill. I suppose it could advance the drill, but not as fast and smooth as the drill. Although the torque spec is higher, it comes just a tiny pulse at a time, and the average speed is lower. A linear example is using a wood chisel and hitting it with a mallet to shave a chip a little at a time.

Both can turn the drill, I suppose, but just like I should not need to drive my hand planes forward with a mallet if they are sharp, I would not use an impact wrench to turn an ice auger.

My $.02

:tipup:

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8396 on: Jul 14, 2021, 12:01 PM »
WOW that gotta make some racket and must destroy blades as well

Mine isn't a Kobalt, it's a Skil, which is made by the same company. I don't drill a lot of holes, so it works great for me, but  I do notice a drop in performance/battery life anytime it's below -5°F or so outside, even if I keep the battery in my pocket before use.

Offline Gamalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8398 on: Jul 14, 2021, 12:28 PM »
Hammer drills are used because they have heavier gear boxes than the non- hammer options- the hammer function is more like an axial buzzing- there are 2 discs like poker chips inside that skip over one another and provide some benefit when using a masonry bit, which works by chiseling mortar out of the bottom of the hole. It does nothing to help with drilling ice, which relies on a sharp bit shaving the ice as it turns. An example of this in a linear mode would be a hand plane.

An impact wrench works by providing torque in rotary pulses, which can tighten a bolt to a high torque, but does not provide the same continuous torque as a drill. I suppose it could advance the drill, but not as fast and smooth as the drill. Although the torque spec is higher, it comes just a tiny pulse at a time, and the average speed is lower. A linear example is using a wood chisel and hitting it with a mallet to shave a chip a little at a time.

Both can turn the drill, I suppose, but just like I should not need to drive my hand planes forward with a mallet if they are sharp, I would not use an impact wrench to turn an ice auger.

My $.02

:tipup:

My Rigid Impact drill turns smoothly just like any regular drill until it feels a load on the bit. When I remove lug nuts once the nut breaks free the hammer function goes away and it just spins the nut off. When my buddy drills ice holes with his Rigid impact drill/driver and the Clam Plate with a SM laser 7" auger bit with sharp blades it runs right through the hole in the hammer mode but it turns way too fast IMO. The Rigid does have the trigger controlled speed like my Milwaukee but it is extremely sensitive and jumps to almost full speed once trhe impact hammering starts. I agree the hammer function does us no good drilling ice holes but I don't honestly believe it hurts anything either. Having both hammer and drill settings on my Milwaukee is a nice function but I would never use it in hammer mode on the ice nor would I ever use my Mil. hammer drill function to loosen wheel lug nuts. There is a marked difference in the hammer function between a regular hammer drill and an Impact driver drill.

Offline hawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8399 on: Jul 14, 2021, 05:09 PM »
NEVER use a hammer/impact drill on an auger!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.