Author Topic: Best Ice Deals!! Lets hear em!  (Read 1679504 times)

Offline Gamalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Best Ice Deals!! Lets hear em!
« Reply #8280 on: Jun 15, 2021, 05:57 PM »
So now we have to "Cancel" all posts related to drills? I don't need any more drills because I already had one plus I scored another back up one when HD posted the great sale on the Milwaukee 2804s. I don't need a hole scoop or a new pop up or any new ice rods nor do I need any new electronics. I do appreciate seeing the great deals being posted and I disagree that we should be "Cancelling" any Great deal posts.
If you don't need what deals are posted just move on because there are others here who might score a good deal from those posts.

It is June 15th and here we are still in discussions on the Ice Shanty three months after most of the ice left. Please just keep on posting those great deals and if I don't need what is posted I'll just check it out and move along, some other guys and gals here just might be looking for a new gizmo or gadget and it is real easy to just click on by if you don't.
If I agreed with you we would both be wrong!

Offline Mike84

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8281 on: Jun 15, 2021, 06:29 PM »
So now we have to "Cancel" all posts related to drills? I don't need any more drills because I already had one plus I scored another back up one when HD posted the great sale on the Milwaukee 2804s. I don't need a hole scoop or a new pop up or any new ice rods nor do I need any new electronics. I do appreciate seeing the great deals being posted and I disagree that we should be "Cancelling" any Great deal posts.
If you don't need what deals are posted just move on because there are others here who might score a good deal from those posts.

It is June 15th and here we are still in discussions on the Ice Shanty three months after most of the ice left. Please just keep on posting those great deals and if I don't need what is posted I'll just check it out and move along, some other guys and gals here just might be looking for a new gizmo or gadget and it is real easy to just click on by if you don't.

I couldn't agree more.  It's June, be lucky anyone is still posting on here. 
I'm just here for the ice fishing groupies..

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8282 on: Jun 15, 2021, 07:05 PM »
Truth be told ...I wish I could post deals on other ice gear(bigger ticket items) besides my drill posts ...but most of the ice gear inventory was limited this season and/or sold out by seasons end(chose your reason) ...so no deals in the off season like years past ...including suits..ice shelters ...gas augers seem to be holding pretty close to MSRP with the stock out there...for what ever reason . Plus there are some other members doing the heavy lifting on posting deals on the rod/reels and other ice gear pretty regularly ( I tip my hat to them) . My feelings on the drill deals are two fold ..its the hitch pin to the cordless set up(so a deal is always best) and someone always have older friends and family that may be in need of a lighter set up for various reasons...and lets not forget Fathers day help dad lose the weight of his gas/propane auger. In closing I do believe these drill deals will disappear right before the usual ice season kick off ...full retail from October through ice season just as in years past. 
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Gamalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8283 on: Jun 15, 2021, 07:29 PM »
A buddy new to ice fishing needed a drill last November and I told him the one to buy, Milwaukee 2804 with charger and 2 5 AH batteries. The best he could find then was $299. HWD posted the deal a while back at the end of this season and I bought that same set up as a back up for $179 just like many others did. The way things are going today, by next November this same drill deal might be well over $320 if they are even available. I scored a new travel cover for my Clam Nanook 2 man for $22 from a post I read here and it normally goes for over $45. Just quit your crying about "Cancelling" anything posted here. If a brethren scores a new cover for his auger for $5 or a fancy hole scooper but you don't need one, so what? I just don't get what all this "Cancel Culture" is all about. I get all sorts of emails every day and if it doesn't interest me I just hit one click and it is gone. It takes more time to complain about it!

Offline badger132

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8284 on: Jun 15, 2021, 11:12 PM »
My $.02- There are few ice specific deals in the off season, so it will seem like the general stuff like drills is over represented. This year especially, it seemed like they ran out of stuff before end of season, and there were a lot fewer good deals- especially this late.

I don't think the original post was overly negative, but it might have gone better to say " I wish there were more deals on flip over shelters"

There are not that many posts in this thread anyway, so be careful about asking for less.  You might end up with zero.

Offline bigal409

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8285 on: Jun 16, 2021, 05:13 AM »
keep up the good work badger. You have saved me lots of money and I'm always checking in to see what other deals you've found. I have a buddy who is just getting into ice fishing and I've helped him snag some equipment thanks to your posts.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Offline Reinert

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8286 on: Jun 16, 2021, 07:03 AM »
I think most people realize  due to the uptick in people outdoors dur to covid the regular deals we got used to are not going to happen this year

Offline chaumontriverguy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8287 on: Jun 16, 2021, 08:22 AM »
i agree post all deals , skim through the ones you don't want better to pass on it than not  ;D

Offline badger132

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8288 on: Jun 16, 2021, 08:52 AM »
keep up the good work badger. You have saved me lots of money and I'm always checking in to see what other deals you've found. I have a buddy who is just getting into ice fishing and I've helped him snagged some equipment thanks to your posts.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thanks for the kind words- I worry that I might be costing deal hounds too much money- but it really pays to be patient and gear up off season.

Just a note- I have started posting a new batch of deals each week, and then edit that post, adding new ones and deleting those that are expired or out of stock until the next week, when I start a new one. I thought that kept  the thread from getting too long, and also from too many people being disappointed by clicking a link and finding it out of stock.

:tipup:

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8289 on: Jun 16, 2021, 09:35 AM »

Just a note- I have started posting a new batch of deals each week, and then edit that post, adding new ones and deleting those that are expired or out of stock until the next week, when I start a new one. I thought that kept  the thread from getting too long, and also from too many people being disappointed by clicking a link and finding it out of stock.

Well you may be doing a disservice to yourself ...some folks myself included just read the new posts for the deals(thought I was losing my mind a couple of times when I read one of your past post with an update..how did I miss that deal the first time.. as I scratch my head) ... an edited post may not get read with your intended update ..remember the quote  "don't dilly dally" :DN ...and check back daily.. I often repeat deals as a reminder ..most folks don't sign in and/or are not members ...I bet a lot of deals went to non members scoping out this forum through out the years. Once again I tip my hat to the audience/members participation on this thread. :clap: :clap: :clap:
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline kayl

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8290 on: Jun 16, 2021, 09:51 AM »
Thanks for the kind words- I worry that I might be costing deal hounds too much money- but it really pays to be patient and gear up off season.

Don't do that, that doesn't notify anyone that your post has been changed. Add a new post so we all get notified! :)

Offline jordy1380

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8291 on: Jun 16, 2021, 10:05 AM »
Well you may be doing a disservice to yourself ...some folks myself included just read the new posts for the deals(thought I was losing my mind a couple of times when I read one of your past post with an update..how did I miss that deal the first time.. as I scratch my head) ... an edited post may not get read with your intended update ..remember the quote  "don't dilly dally" :DN ...and check back daily.. I often repeat deals as a reminder ..most folks don't sign in and/or are not members ...I bet a lot of deals went to non members scoping out this forum through out the years. Once again I tip my hat to the audience/members participation on this thread. :clap: :clap: :clap:

I'm the same! I don't have a ton of time to look up new deals so I just read through the new posts and if I don't check this thread for a while,  then I go back through a page or two.

Thanks to everyone for keeping the thread alive.
Get Yo Fish On!

Online hawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8292 on: Jun 16, 2021, 03:29 PM »
This is a great thread, I check it everyday. If Gamealot sees that as crying then so be it. Hope I didn’t spoil your whole day.

Offline ship of fools

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8293 on: Jun 16, 2021, 04:10 PM »
This is a great thread, I check it everyday. If Gamealot sees that as crying then so be it. Hope I didn’t spoil your whole day.

I check daily too and i just bought a Milwaukee drill within the past couple months. I think we all post good deals we see and if we don’t need the item just scroll on.
Goin' where the wind don't blow so strange,
Maybe off on some high cold mountain chain.

Offline badger132

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8294 on: Jun 16, 2021, 04:19 PM »
OK- in response to feedback, and in the interest to getting back to business, here are the deals I added to my post from the start of the week:

I almost hesitate to add these, but the heated clothing is on sale. I have bought my wife mittens and socks, and they seem fine, but you are never quite sure with this Chinese stuff. Note you need to plug into USB like a power bank- not included. Heated insoles. $8

https://www.amazon.com/Electric-Insoles-Rechargeable-Washable-Adventures/dp/B08J7L5BMG/ref=pd_bxgy_2/145-3389709-9026158?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B08J7L5BMG&pd_rd_r=04807cac-84d4-4180-9ab4-854dce5e8e5b&pd_rd_w=cgUD3&pd_rd_wg=GKSNJ&pf_rd_p=fd3ebcd0-c1a2-44cf-aba2-bbf4810b3732&pf_rd_r=2YY76AW9YNJRR2DHVP4H&refRID=2YY76AW9YNJRR2DHVP4H&th=1&psc=1

Ice armor Chopper mittens- 2XL $14

https://www.amazon.com/CLAM-Chopper-Mitt-XXLarge-BLACK/dp/B076226FHP/ref=sr_1_419?dchild=1&keywords=ice+fishing&m=A2L77EE7U53NWQ&qid=1623852546&s=warehouse-deals&sr=1-419

Fox River rag knit mittens- $4-7

https://www.amazon.com/FoxRiver-Mens-Brown-Tweed-Medium/dp/B0033CESSC/ref=sr_1_9?dchild=1&keywords=ice%2Bfishing&m=A2L77EE7U53NWQ&qid=1623851065&s=warehouse-deals&sr=1-9&th=1&psc=1

750 in-lb brushless Ryobi drill and 4AH Lithium Plus battery and charger for $109

https://www.directtoolsoutlet.com/Products/RYOBI-ONE%2B-18-Volt-Lithium-Ion-Brushless-Hammer-Drill-Kit-/p/P1813

And the drill adapter for above auger for $10

I think that would make the cheapest electric auger setup I have seen if you pair with the $33 5 inch auger from earlier - ~$152 all in.

Offline badger132

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8295 on: Jun 16, 2021, 10:09 PM »
Pellican "Hyfax" sled runners. Kind of a nice feature with the 2 colors to let you know when it is time to replace. They attach differently than the Hyfax I have used, but should work the same. 60 and 75 inch, $9-11

* I saw that some of them are missing the screws- since they are no cheaper than the ones with screws, I would not pick those.

https://www.amazon.com/Pelican-Snow-Trek-Ram-X-Runners/dp/B002JQ035U/ref=sr_1_288?dchild=1&keywords=ice%2Bfishing&m=A2L77EE7U53NWQ&qid=1623899056&s=warehouse-deals&sr=8-288&th=1&psc=1

Offline grizzlyhackle

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8296 on: Jun 17, 2021, 08:10 AM »
Just wanted to chime in and say thanks to Badger and everyone continuing to post deals. I check this place every morning and it has helped me out more than once!

Offline maddogg

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8297 on: Jun 17, 2021, 09:01 AM »
I think we should not post drill deals, too redundant. ?

I agree 100%.
We should have a separate post for Ice drill deals.

Offline skifisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8298 on: Jun 17, 2021, 09:10 AM »
…some guys would complain if they were hung with a new rope!! Lol
Just keep them posts coming, no matter what the product!  ;D
"Ice fishing...ah, the anticipation! 🎣”

Offline badbrad2186

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8299 on: Jun 17, 2021, 11:59 AM »
Hear is an idea just don't read those post
If you sit around all day and do nothing your a bum, but if you sit in a boat all day or in a shanty and do nothing they call you a fisherman

Offline Fry Flier

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8300 on: Jun 17, 2021, 12:48 PM »
Hear is an idea just don't read those post
Yes sir, just skip over the ones you do not have an interest in....
May your tip-up spool while your flag raises with hopes of landing the big one.

Offline ChaumontMasters

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Regular
Chaumont Masters
    Master Class Outfitting

www.ChaumontMasters.co m
www.Facebook.com/ChaumontMasters

Offline HWeber

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8302 on: Jun 18, 2021, 11:30 PM »
Any drill deals for father's day??  ;D  ;D :tipup:

Online hawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8303 on: Jun 20, 2021, 06:42 PM »
Here’s some real irony. A friend called yesterday and asked where good Fuel deals were. Karma I guess 🤷‍♂️

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8304 on: Jun 20, 2021, 07:50 PM »
Here’s some real irony. A friend called yesterday and asked where good Fuel deals were. Karma I guess 🤷‍♂️

This deal is still available ...1 2ah and 1 5ah plus add a gift/tool  $199

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Milwaukee-M18-18-Volt-Lithium-Ion-Starter-Kit-with-One-5-0-Ah-and-One-2-0-Ah-Battery-and-Charger-48-59-1852/315426067

Most folks will not burn through a 5ah battery in an outing ..and the two comes in handy with DIY and Ice Anchors ..

or

https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200712404_200712404

use code : 275851 for $20 off

Online hawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8305 on: Jun 20, 2021, 09:28 PM »
Thanks HD but that comes up $249 for me.

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8306 on: Jun 21, 2021, 07:56 AM »
Thanks HD but that comes up $249 for me.

Not many great deals on tools now. Is your buddy in any platform ie Dewalt ,Milwaukee etc ..maybe a bare tool is an option..there may be a local big box store battery deal in store ... just note getting the right drill the first time is the way to go ..no she shed/picture hanging drills need apply ..will save you money in the long run .

Offline Gamalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8307 on: Jun 21, 2021, 08:28 AM »
These posted drill deals are a major benefit to our members whether you like them or not. Back on March 28th when HWD first posted the best deal on the Milwaukee 2803-22 drill with 2 5AH batteries, charger and case I was able to score a backup just to hang onto. The total cost delivered was $171.72. Now the best similar drill deal for the same drill and 1 5AH and 1 2AH battery, charger and case comes to $249 + tax. New deals will come around from time to time but as I always say, if you slow you blow! Keep watching this thread and be ready to jump without hesitation when you see a great deal. Don't bother reading or clicking if the posted item is of no interest to you. I may not need a new Gizmo but I might need a new Watchamacallit that could be posted right here.

Offline ChaumontMasters

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Regular
Chaumont Masters
    Master Class Outfitting

www.ChaumontMasters.co m
www.Facebook.com/ChaumontMasters

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8309 on: Jun 21, 2021, 11:12 AM »
Scheels free shipping ..

https://www.scheels.com/

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.