Author Topic: Best Ice Deals!! Lets hear em!  (Read 1684031 times)

Offline mjk67

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Best Ice Deals!! Lets hear em!
« Reply #1080 on: Feb 15, 2017, 07:16 PM »
I'm starting to sound like a Fleets Farm sales rep but they just keep sending me ads. In any case, $189 for an Eskimo Quickflip seemed pretty reasonable to me.

$199.99 on the Shappell Bay Runner.

Offline SUNNFISH 0)))

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1081 on: Feb 16, 2017, 08:54 AM »
6in K-Drill $159.99 over at Cabela's. Great price, who's grabbing one?

https://icefishingdeals.com/2017/02/16/k-drill-ice-auger-6-best-price-159-99/

Offline Tackle

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1082 on: Feb 16, 2017, 09:42 AM »
6in K-Drill $159.99 over at Cabela's. Great price, who's grabbing one?

https://icefishingdeals.com/2017/02/16/k-drill-ice-auger-6-best-price-159-99/

Sold out! Dangggg
See you on the ice!

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #1083 on: Feb 16, 2017, 09:49 AM »
well that only took an hour to sell out.

Offline SUNNFISH 0)))

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1084 on: Feb 16, 2017, 10:19 AM »
Sold out! Dangggg

FYI, Sportsman's Guide still has a decent price. Plus they're running a double discount sale right now.

https://icefishingdeals.com/2017/02/07/k-drill-electric-auger-chipper-bit-6-8-from-188-99/

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #1085 on: Feb 16, 2017, 11:12 AM »
25% off ~ Today only from asponsor, FishUSA.

Electric Fillet Knife

Offline DoveMan

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1086 on: Feb 16, 2017, 12:03 PM »
Gander Mtn. - I ordered Striker Bibs and Jacket on the $50 off $250 day last week, and same thing that happened to others happened to me, with them cancelling my order Except I finally inquired through the live chat, never got a cancellation email or notice.
So that's it I guess - no rain check, no honoring of price when they come back in stock. I know they might not be there next season, but if they are I would like my order honored.
I find it hard to believe in the digital age of inventory that they "oversold". Just plain bad business practices is what it says to me.

Offline MT_mulies

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "Aim high, Miss High"
« Reply #1087 on: Feb 16, 2017, 12:31 PM »
Do you guys ever check ebay for the ice suits? I just bought a striker ice guardian size large from ebay for $99. everywhere else I looked they were $120 and up and a lot of places didn't have a large sized suit. It is brand new, but one of their discontinued red suits. Same suit different color. I was looking around a bit and there are quite a few new suits on there. Ebay and amazon are two of my first stops when shopping.

Offline ElectricSlide19

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1088 on: Feb 16, 2017, 12:44 PM »
Gander Mtn. - I ordered Striker Bibs and Jacket on the $50 off $250 day last week, and same thing that happened to others happened to me, with them cancelling my order Except I finally inquired through the live chat, never got a cancellation email or notice.
So that's it I guess - no rain check, no honoring of price when they come back in stock. I know they might not be there next season, but if they are I would like my order honored.
I find it hard to believe in the digital age of inventory that they "oversold". Just plain bad business practices is what it says to me.

I have yet to receive an email as well canceling my order, but when I go to my account orders on overtons, it states that I have no orders currently. So they cancelled the order and did not tell me? What in the world. They keep claiming that Striker is the one to blame. How is that possible considering I see shops like Pro Fishing Supply with all Striker suits in stock. If it was shipping from Striker I think we would have received our apparel. Gander and Overtons blew this one

Offline PerchN2040

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1089 on: Feb 16, 2017, 01:07 PM »
I never received a email either. I finally called today and customer service said my order was cancelled today. How convenient. Figures though Gander never seems to come through for me.

Offline crappie55409

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1090 on: Feb 16, 2017, 01:14 PM »
called overtons yesterday and my order status has changed from "with ship vendor" to "item cancelled".  The person on the phone said that doesn't mean my order is cancelled as my order was still listed as in progress but I have a feeling she didn't know what she is talking about.  I ordered on the 10th.  I assume, based off of what others have experienced here, that my order has been cancelled. 

Offline Garvdog

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Shut up and fish!
« Reply #1091 on: Feb 16, 2017, 01:44 PM »
Mine was cancelled as well, ordered on the 8th.

They mentioned they look forward to doing business in the future, never again.

Offline revpilot

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1092 on: Feb 16, 2017, 01:58 PM »
I ordered the striker suit from Gander also and it was delivered yesterday.

Offline 4eyeman

• IceShanty Rookie
  • eyes are king
« Reply #1093 on: Feb 16, 2017, 02:12 PM »
Didn't Overtons by Gander a number of years ago?

Offline vanhln

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1094 on: Feb 16, 2017, 02:21 PM »
I live chatted with Overtons two hours ago.  The agent said my item was cancelled and they sent an email.  I've still not received the email, but they said Striker was not able to send the product.  I'm pissed too.

Offline 52isntbigenough

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Red Drum aren't Trout
« Reply #1095 on: Feb 16, 2017, 02:22 PM »
Didn't Overtons by Gander a number of years ago?

Other way around.

Offline baogongmeo

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1096 on: Feb 16, 2017, 03:12 PM »
I just got off the phone with a Gander customer service rep regarding orders I placed on the 8th for a Striker coat and bibs... I mailed payment and she couldn't find any record of it... don't know if they haven't received it , haven't opened it or just have not entered it into their system. I probably won't ever do business with them ever again with all of the problems others are having receiving their purchases.

Offline RickWakeman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1097 on: Feb 16, 2017, 05:45 PM »

They did this to me on a bucket ice chisel that wasn't even on sale. They suck. Their customer service sucks. They just kept telling me to wait and they will email me when it ships.

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1098 on: Feb 16, 2017, 07:18 PM »
Time to change the name of this thread again! LOL ;D

Offline Royalwapiti

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1099 on: Feb 16, 2017, 08:12 PM »
Do you guys ever check ebay for the ice suits? I just bought a striker ice guardian size large from ebay for $99. everywhere else I looked they were $120 and up and a lot of places didn't have a large sized suit. It is brand new, but one of their discontinued red suits. Same suit different color. I was looking around a bit and there are quite a few new suits on there. Ebay and amazon are two of my first stops when shopping.

I once ordered a GPS for my car from eBay, it arrived in a  Amazon box.  Some genius was listing Amazon merchandise on eBay.  When you bought it from him on eBay he turned around and ordered it from Amazon.  I paid $15 more from him on eBay.  Ever since I check Amazon.  Any more I skip eBay altogether.  Got to Jet.com for peek now too.
You can't get the fruit if you don't go out on the limb.

Offline darkeyez

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1100 on: Feb 16, 2017, 08:26 PM »
I ordered the striker suit from Gander also and it was delivered yesterday.

Ordered the Hardwater jacket from Overtons and received it day before yesterday.

Offline Sprocket

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Personal Text
« Reply #1101 on: Feb 16, 2017, 08:36 PM »
Stopped into Dicks - got an HT tip down thing for the rod - $14 out the door.  25% off.
Trust me, when the Zamboni driver says "You won't catch fish through that hole", he knows of what he speaks.

Offline mealworm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • summer sucks
« Reply #1102 on: Feb 17, 2017, 04:38 AM »
Cabelas has some pretty good deals on winter boots I saw the Saskatchewan pac boots marked at 185$ normal price 250$

Offline bootstrap

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1103 on: Feb 17, 2017, 06:47 PM »

DO NOT SHOP ONLINE WITH OVERTONS. 

the overtons striker ice deal was BS. on the phone with them twice only to find out it was canceled yesterday. never got an email about it. but I still get their ad email almost daily. meanwhile my almost $400 are still on hold in PP and could take 30 days to cancel. with how this is gone I will probably get a gift card for the funds.

Offline baogongmeo

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1104 on: Feb 17, 2017, 09:25 PM »
Going through something similar with Gander >:(   I ordered a set of Striker bibs and coat over the phone on the 8th and mailed payment.  Their website does not show any orders for me but both customer service reps that I've spoken with can see my orders but they tell me that they be official until someone deposits my m/o and then someone has to enter it into their system before my items will be pulled from the warehouse or were ever. I don't expect them to ship before payment is confirmed but I do expect my items to be pulled and held in the interim. I asked for my order to be cancelled and my m/o returned so would not get a voucher instead but he couldn't even do that.
Earlier today I received an order from one of their competitors that I had mailed payment on the 7th.  They will get future business from me and Gander can go pound sand.

Offline Ice Surveyor

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fishing is Life.
« Reply #1105 on: Feb 17, 2017, 09:33 PM »
DO NOT SHOP ONLINE WITH OVERTONS. 

the overtons striker ice deal was BS. on the phone with them twice only to find out it was canceled yesterday. never got an email about it. but I still get their ad email almost daily. meanwhile my almost $400 are still on hold in PP and could take 30 days to cancel. with how this is gone I will probably get a gift card for the funds.

Sorry to hear that.  I, on the other hand, and my nephew, got our jackets.  Another friend got the dreaded email.  You win some, and you lose some.  Move on. 

Offline Jbotto

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1106 on: Feb 18, 2017, 12:35 AM »
Was shopping in Hutchinson today finding a few deals on odds and ends lures while the stores still had ice fishing stuff in stock. Runnings, Walmart, Outpost. Found lures at all of them, but Walmart had the best deal. Bought the last two Shimano Sienna 500's for clearanced for $21 apiece. I needed one for a rod I had and hated the reel on, and the second reel will force me to buy a new rod!

Offline nepa old man

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1107 on: Feb 18, 2017, 06:27 AM »
Going through something similar with Gander >:(   I ordered a set of Striker bibs and coat over the phone on the 8th and mailed payment.  Their website does not show any orders for me but both customer service reps that I've spoken with can see my orders but they tell me that they be official until someone deposits my m/o and then someone has to enter it into their system before my items will be pulled from the warehouse or were ever. I don't expect them to ship before payment is confirmed but I do expect my items to be pulled and held in the interim. I asked for my order to be cancelled and my m/o returned so would not get a voucher instead but he couldn't even do that.
Earlier today I received an order from one of their competitors that I had mailed payment on the 7th.  They will get future business from me and Gander can go pound sand.
Overton owned by gander, nuff said ☟
Good Friends, Good Family, Good Food, Good Fishin.

Offline glenwyo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1108 on: Feb 18, 2017, 07:56 AM »
Cabelas has a lot of ice fishing tackle, gear, augers, etc. on sale now with some pretty good prices. Picked up some 10 inch Lazer blades for $36.00 and had only seen them as low as $48.00 anywhere else. That's a real good deal.

Offline Maddog

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1109 on: Feb 20, 2017, 10:59 AM »
Ordered Marcum LX-6s last Tuesday from Overton's. It arrived this morning just what I ordered. No problem with Overton's here.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.