Author Topic: Best Ice Deals!! Lets hear em!  (Read 1687796 times)

Offline badger132

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Best Ice Deals!! Lets hear em!
« Reply #8553 on: Sep 03, 2021, 04:28 PM »

Offline badger132

• Team IceShanty Maniac

Online hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8555 on: Sep 04, 2021, 10:50 AM »
For Metabo/Hitachi platform  ...buy more save more ..not familiar with the performance of the drill

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Metabo-HPT-was-Hitachi-Power-Tools-18-Volt-1-2-in-Brushless-Cordless-Drill/5000313941
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline ship of fools

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8556 on: Sep 05, 2021, 11:57 AM »
Not necessarily a deal but Cabelas has the K Drill in stock now and I know a bunch of us got great deals on drills thanks to this thread and are looking for the auger part.

Since there are a bunch of us looking and it’s really slow on here I’ll go ahead and ask. Does anyone know if the k drill (or the others) need any sort of adapter for the drill?  Also does anyone have any opinions on k drill versus eskimo pilot bit or the strikemaster lite flite?
Goin' where the wind don't blow so strange,
Maybe off on some high cold mountain chain.

Online hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8557 on: Sep 05, 2021, 12:16 PM »
Not necessarily a deal but Cabelas has the K Drill in stock now and I know a bunch of us got great deals on drills thanks to this thread and are looking for the auger part.

Since there are a bunch of us looking and it’s really slow on here I’ll go ahead and ask. Does anyone know if the k drill (or the others) need any sort of adapter for the drill?  Also does anyone have any opinions on k drill versus eskimo pilot bit or the strikemaster lite flite?

The K-drill ...Eskimo Pistol Bit ..Cabelas EZE drill..HT E-Drill ....Strike master lite flight all come with the drill adapter .

If your going onto the Clam plate ..The K-Drill ,SM Lite Flight need the Clam plate to K-Drill adapter ..18mm to 22 mm

if using the Clam Plate for hand augers and shorter composite auger drill units you will need the Clam Plate extension

As for the Comparison between auger drill units

All about the blades .1).K-Drill has Chipper style great for dirty ice Slowest and uses more battery ..2)Shaver style blade or Mora type ..Pistol Bit ..HT E-Drill ..Cableas Eze ..pretty fast and can be hand sharpen with some practice ..replacement blades fairly inexpensive . 3) Lazer/curved style blades or  ..Lite flight .. ..fastest but if used on dirty ice game over ..ie paper weight..replacement blades lil pricey.. I am not familar with the Razr ..but believe they have Lazer style blades .. next is weight ..metal heavier ..composite lighter . Having a center point is a great option ..most hand augers do not ..so skipping on glare ice is quite possible/dangerous . As for the Drill you will be using ..Brushless 725 in/lbs or better with 5ah battery or better..IF YOU GO WITH A UNDER POWERED UNDERTORQUED PICTURE HANGING /SHE SHED DRILL SET UP IT WILL BE AN EPIC FAIL EVENTUALLY..Buy the right drill and battery set up .

Make/Model                                          Price

HT Enterprise E Drill..   Mora/Straight    $$$
Eskimo Pistol Bit/ION.. Mora/Straight     $$$$
Strikemaster Lite Flite.  Lazer/Curved    $$$
K Drill...                      Chipper             $$$$
Cabelas Eze Drill..........Mora/Straight    $$$
Nils.................. ..........                       $$$$$
Razr S                                                 $$$

Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Online hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8558 on: Sep 05, 2021, 12:51 PM »

This looks very similar to the HT E-Drill and the  the Nordic Legend augers

Vevor ..this may fit someones needs/budget

sold by Amazon and a 3rd party(with $20 off coupon)

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09BDT65GS/ref=emc_b_5_i

https://www.amazon.com/VEVOR-Diameter-Adjustable-Extension-Replaceable/dp/B09BDT65GS/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=ice+auger&m=A2HED9DYJHJBSJ&qid=1629548013&s=merchant-items&sr=1-2

Offline badger132

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8559 on: Sep 05, 2021, 01:39 PM »

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8560 on: Sep 05, 2021, 02:14 PM »
 I’ve been using B&D for years , I just retired my B&D last year think I paid 10$ 15 plus years ago
 For 7$ think I can put another 1 away just in case
 Thanks badger

Offline ship of fools

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8561 on: Sep 05, 2021, 02:15 PM »
The K-drill ...Eskimo Pistol Bit ..Cabelas EZE drill..HT E-Drill ....Strike master lite flight all come with the drill adapter .

If your going onto the Clam plate ..The K-Drill ,SM Lite Flight need the Clam plate to K-Drill adapter ..18mm to 22 mm

if using the Clam Plate for hand augers and shorter composite auger drill units you will need the Clam Plate extension

As for the Comparison between auger drill units

All about the blades .1).K-Drill has Chipper style great for dirty ice Slowest and uses more battery ..2)Shaver style blade or Mora type ..Pistol Bit ..HT E-Drill ..Cableas Eze ..pretty fast and can be hand sharpen with some practice ..replacement blades fairly inexpensive . 3) Lazer/curved style blades or  ..Lite flight .. ..fastest but if used on dirty ice game over ..ie paper weight..replacement blades lil pricey.. I am not familar with the Razr ..but believe they have Lazer style blades .. next is weight ..metal heavier ..composite lighter . Having a center point is a great option ..most hand augers do not ..so skipping on glare ice is quite possible/dangerous . As for the Drill you will be using ..Brushless 725 in/lbs or better with 5ah battery or better..IF YOU GO WITH A UNDER POWERED UNDERTORQUED PICTURE HANGING /SHE SHED DRILL SET UP IT WILL BE AN EPIC FAIL EVENTUALLY..Buy the right drill and battery set up .

Make/Model                                          Price

HT Enterprise E Drill..   Mora/Straight    $$$
Eskimo Pistol Bit/ION.. Mora/Straight     $$$$
Strikemaster Lite Flite.  Lazer/Curved    $$$
K Drill...                      Chipper             $$$$
Cabelas Eze Drill..........Mora/Straight    $$$
Nils.................. ..........                       $$$$$
Razr S                                                 $$$

Thanks. I bought one of the Milwaukee deals you posted and I’ve used the K Drill my neighbor has and that’s perfect for me. I have almost enough in gift cards to get it for free.

Online hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8562 on: Sep 05, 2021, 07:44 PM »

Thanks. I bought one of the Milwaukee deals you posted and I’ve used the K Drill my neighbor has and that’s perfect for me. I have almost enough in gift cards to get it for free.

I have the  a Mil 2704-22 (1200in/lbs) on a Clam Plate..  first  I used it with a 7.5" K-Drill for several season ..worked fine ..then went with the 8" HT E-Drill last season..worked faster...Then I an opportunity to use  an 8" Eskimo Pistol BIT on DeWalt DCD996 last season as well ...that thing was a fast beast . This season ..going with a Mil 2803-22(smoking deal) ..and a 8 in Pistol bit . I am a Big Fan of the Clam Plate ...others not so much.

Offline Fishwacker1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8563 on: Sep 06, 2021, 07:40 AM »
https://www.shoes.com/mens-baffin-titan-waterproof-boot/13194783.html

Baffin Titans all sizes 96$ with 40% off code today. (Laborday). Or treat your feet to some other foot ware in some other style. Heck- buy some slippers for cleaning fish.

Offline ship of fools

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8564 on: Sep 06, 2021, 08:10 AM »
I have the  a Mil 2704-22 (1200in/lbs) on a Clam Plate..  first  I used it with a 7.5" K-Drill for several season ..worked fine ..then went with the 8" HT E-Drill last season..worked faster...Then I an opportunity to use  an 8" Eskimo Pistol BIT on DeWalt DCD996 last season as well ...that thing was a fast beast . This season ..going with a Mil 2803-22(smoking deal) ..and a 8 in Pistol bit . I am a Big Fan of the Clam Plate ...others not so much.

The 2803-22 is the one I bought when you posted it (thanks again!). With 2 batteries and a charger it went for $159. I have an Eskimo shanty and would go with the Pistol Bit but I can't find one. I'm going to order either a K Drill or StrikeMaster Lite Flite today. I By the way we're not too far away - I'm in Albany so we should hook up and get out sometime.

Offline Frankie Bags

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8565 on: Sep 06, 2021, 08:28 AM »

Offline njsquatch

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8566 on: Sep 06, 2021, 08:41 AM »
https://www.shoes.com/mens-baffin-titan-waterproof-boot/13194783.html

Baffin Titans all sizes 96$ with 40% off code today. (Laborday). Or treat your feet to some other foot ware in some other style. Heck- buy some slippers for cleaning fish.

Get additional 4% back using Rakuten. When purchasing on shoes.com.

If u don’t have an account use my referral link to get $30 sign up bonus.

https://www.rakuten.com/r/NJSQUA?eeid=37137

Online hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8567 on: Sep 06, 2021, 09:22 AM »
The 2803-22 is the one I bought when you posted it (thanks again!). With 2 batteries and a charger it went for $159. I have an Eskimo shanty and would go with the Pistol Bit but I can't find one. I'm going to order either a K Drill or StrikeMaster Lite Flite today. I By the way we're not too far away - I'm in Albany so we should hook up and get out sometime.

ship of fools PM sent

Online hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity

Offline Gamalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8569 on: Sep 07, 2021, 01:09 PM »
Heads up if you use camofire to buy from. If you need or want the item you order any time soon then find somewhere else to order from. Yes, they do have some nice prices for some things but the shipping is absolutely horrible. I ordered a few items back on August 24 and they shipped them out on August 29 but the tracking shows I should receive it on September 13. Three weeks is just a little ridiculous when it is coming from NJ to NY IMO.
If I agreed with you we would both be wrong!

Offline njsquatch

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8570 on: Sep 07, 2021, 01:20 PM »
Heads up if you use camofire to buy from. If you need or want the item you order any time soon then find somewhere else to order from. Yes, they do have some nice prices for some things but the shipping is absolutely horrible. I ordered a few items back on August 24 and they shipped them out on August 29 but the tracking shows I should receive it on September 13. Three weeks is just a little ridiculous when it is coming from NJ to NY IMO.

Agreed. Ordered the predator jacket on 8/28. Wasn't shipped until 9/3 and has a deliver date of 9/13 via Fedex from UT to NJ. I have gotten ebay orders from China in less time.

Online hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8571 on: Sep 07, 2021, 01:40 PM »
The Camofire site probably got alot of street cred from posts on IceShanty ..maybe a super influx of orders from members as well as looky lous. But good to know that they are slow . After looking at some reviews/comments on their site ...seems to be common . Also some online searching kicked up some return/replacement/refund issues . Buyer Beware .

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8572 on: Sep 07, 2021, 02:37 PM »

I ordered some fishing shirts from Camofire , took 2 weeks but that’s ok , long as I get it , if I remember there were different shipping options , mine came by snail mail , for a great deal I can wait a spell 😄

Offline Gamalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8573 on: Sep 07, 2021, 02:45 PM »
I get emails from Camofire every day for the 80 items they have on sale that day. I will simply send them to the circular file trash every morning after this garbage.
I recently bought an item from an Ebay seller in VT. She shipped it that same day. Same garbage with the USPS, it was in Newburgh the next day and then it went to Albany passing right by here. Albany sent it back to Newburgh and Newburgh sent it to Saugerties where it has been sitting since Friday. It passed right by here three times so far and will probably be destroyed by the time those idiots get it to me. They will blame it on Covid or Trump!!! >:(

Offline Gamalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8574 on: Sep 07, 2021, 02:49 PM »
I ordered some fishing shirts from Camofire , took 2 weeks but that’s ok , long as I get it , if I remember there were different shipping options , mine came by snail mail , for a great deal I can wait a spell 😄

I envision the shipping crew sitting around drinking coffee and making minimum wage laughing. Snail Mail is certainly the option I chose as well but I didn't think they meant it!

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8575 on: Sep 07, 2021, 02:51 PM »

Lmao sorry
I guess good help is hard to find ,
    I just read Oregon now says reading and basic math is not a requirement to graduate 😜

Offline Gamalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8576 on: Sep 07, 2021, 02:53 PM »
BTW, The My Pillow guy is running lots of good sales also and doing the same with shipping and even worse. Allow 2-4 weeks for delivery and I am at the 4 weeks now still waiting.

Offline Gamalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8577 on: Sep 07, 2021, 02:55 PM »

Lmao sorry
I guess good help is hard to find ,
    I just read Oregon now says reading and basic math is not a requirement to graduate 😜

I would be perfectly fine with graduating idiots as long as they have to pass a test to vote!

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8578 on: Sep 07, 2021, 03:08 PM »
I would be perfectly fine with graduating idiots as long as they have to pass a test to vote!
👍

Offline ship of fools

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8579 on: Sep 07, 2021, 04:51 PM »
I do blinds and shades for a living and let me tell you the entire shipping industry is a mess. It’s not necessarily the shippers fault.  We’ve had stuff sit at the local terminal waiting to be unloaded for two weeks before it can be delivered

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.