Author Topic: So here we are again....  (Read 1120 times)

Offline Pat

• Team IceShanty Regular
So here we are again....
« on: Jan 14, 2006, 06:48 PM »
Well another day at the lake. I think that all the fish at Long Lake (last mountain) have left the stage. Went in on Sorenson's Beach but headed across the lake just before first light. You know that story about the early bird catches the worm...well it doesn't apply to fishing at the part of the lake. We never even saw our first fish till after 10 am. Not good when you think we have to cams set up looking different directions. There was a number of people out but it looks like they had about he same luck as we were having. As the day moved along so did we. We tried north of our start point..We tried south of our start point.. we tried east and west of our start point (glad I know my directions, or you might not follow where we went :) We did end up diving across the lake again by mid afternoon and picked up a couple of small perch. (and the crowd goes wild)

The nice thing was it was a great day weather wise. The ice has grown a little and it is now 16 inches every where we went. The ice is pretty clear so I don't think anyone should have the problems that have surfaced in some areas with the ice getting a little rotten (I still would use caution) The pressure ridge is a no go for people. There is water showing in many spots of the ridge and it looks pretty soft. It looks like if you are on the east side of the lake and drive near the shore you should be able to get around it.

All the best to the other people on the ice
Pat

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.