Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1608116 times)

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #25620 on: Nov 29, 2021, 08:46 PM »
Good evening only traces of yesterday morning's snow left in shady spots we did have a period of flurries this morning. Given rising Covid infection number over the past few weeks Ulster county has issued a state of emergency(neighboring county to my north I reside in Orange county) with county officials urging unvaccinated residents to get the shots,or complete vaccination process and get booster shot if enough time has past since last vaccine shot. The county has set up a few mass vaccination centers where county residents can make appointments to get shots.
Drifter glad the plow and SXS work well plowing the snow good job clearing your neighbors property to repay them for use of garage space to work on your vehicles.
Eddiehow did today's hunting go see any deer or signs of recent deer activity.
Zcm-28 weather forecast is calling for a warm up in my area by mid week before temperatures dropping some by Friday.
Hunts2long congratulations to you and your teammates on gaining ground on first place team in the league.
Wallyworld may the lake effect snow machine not turn on this week and leave you with a foot or more of snow by weeks end.
Whopper Stopper may you have completed all of today's errands.
Old Goat best to you with any early ice fishing trips.
IFF sorry you lost a post did you have to purchase a new coffee maker.
Fish/hunt4ever may you receive some of the moisture your area needs and see a return to more seasonal wether pattern.

Have a pleasant night stay healthy and safe. Best to all hunting and fishing.
 Steve

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #25621 on: Nov 30, 2021, 04:03 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                        It's 14* and cloudy here on my hill. a chance of snow showers every day.. ::)
                        Eddie........I hope you were able to get a bead on a buck yesterday. :unsure:
                        H2l...........God job on the lanes for your team. :thumbsup:
                        Steve........With a new variant i guess the CDC is recommending for mandates. I sure hope the shots work against the new variant. :unsure:
                        Marv..........When I go down in the basement, my wife always ask what are you doing, I'll tell her "Puttering" she doesn't get it. :roflmao:
                        Wally.........Lake effects are always prevalent at this time of year, with the cold wind blowing over the warm water of the great lakes. :whistle:
                        Fish...........Ot's been a crazy year weather wise, I hope it reverts to normal for you soon. :unsure:
                        Yesterday when I went hunting all I saw were dog/coyote tracks allover the place.
                        I hope everyone has a good Tuesday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25622 on: Nov 30, 2021, 04:30 AM »
Good Morning IW ER'S been up all night getting gear ready bait store not open till 6.  I hope I don't fall asleep but am tired. Any deer reports? I saw a story of a new record Muskie from Mil lacs MN. Monster

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25623 on: Nov 30, 2021, 05:16 AM »
Morning all, 34° and partly cloudy in my neck of the woods at the moment. Supposed to get up around 50 by afternoon, 55 tomorrow, and 60 Thursday. Certainly not good ice making weather for the next few days  :-\

IW - tons of coyotes out and about here too this season. I've seen more coyotes than deer so far, and a few of my friends have said the same. I think I'll be doing some 'yote hunting from the deer stand once shotgun season wraps up, because they definitely need thinning down.

mr.clean - forecast looks ridiculously warm through Friday here, then slowly dropping back down to more seasonable temperatures by the middle of next week.

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #25624 on: Nov 30, 2021, 05:37 AM »
Good Morning Jeff, Morning Everyone,
  20* and cloudy on the Hill this am, chance of snow showers, high of 34.

Jeff…sat for about 3.5 hours yesterday morning, nothing, only crossed 2 sets of fairly fresh deer tracks going in. There was about 2” of fresh powdery snow which made for a quiet still hunt. I tried that for about an hour or so, same results as you, lots of coyotes few deer tracks. Good luck this morning if you’re heading out!   :thumbsup:
  Steve…another slow day for me yesterday, lol, trying some private property this afternoon with high hopes!   ;D   Hopefully more people will get the vaccinations, there’s just so much confusion surrounding this whole terrible mess.  :cookoo:
  FH4…just read an article that Denver area yesterday was warmer than most parts of Florida.. :whistle:  Strange weather pattern out your way, imagine things should change soon?   :tipup:
  Bud…that sucks about losing a post… :%$#!:  You probably could have gotten a sunburn out on Cherry Creek yesterday chasing walleyes!   ;D
  OG…good luck out there with the first ice!   :icefish:
  Marv….will be looking forward to your ice recon trip!   :thumbsup:
  Wally…might be time to fire up the snowmobile soon!    ;D   Hope Mr.WW is seeing some deer moving!  :thumbsup:
  H2…congrats on spanking the 1st place team and picking up the points!   :clap:  Thought the morning would be great yesterday, conditions were ideal..nada.
Good luck if you’re heading out today!
  Z…I found some ice yesterday on a few small ponds…nothing I wanted to mess around with yet though!    ;D
  Tom…haven’t seen much from you lately, hope all is well Sir!   :thumbsup:

Apparently the deer are playing unfairly with a few of us again this season…hopefully that comes to “screeching” halt soon for lack of better words!   ;D
  The woods were in their beauty yesterday with the fresh snow, don’t think you could have asked for better conditions, but for some reason or another,  it just wasn’t happening. Hopefully this afternoon things improve.
  Found our elf Lucy a few minutes ago…looks like she decided to go digging out the snow in Christmas vase my wife arranged yesterday…..Uh Oh!   :nono:  ;D
  Few errands this morning and a visit with my Mom…plans for the last few hours watching over an old apple orchard this afternoon.  Cawfee’s on!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing! 

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25625 on: Nov 30, 2021, 05:45 AM »
Morning all,

10:00 yesterday morning  :clap: :thumbsup:

Needless to say MrWW's a happy camper  ;)2

Have a good day. Good luck in the woods/on the water. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #25626 on: Nov 30, 2021, 06:22 AM »
Very nice. Congratulations to him..👍👍
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25627 on: Nov 30, 2021, 06:29 AM »
18* here at the house, I am sure it is a few degrees colder up in the woods.
Congrats to Mr. WW, another nice buck.
Yesterday I hunted mid- day.  Saw only one track in the snow. My Dad always said that first real snow of the year the deer didn't move much for a day or so. We will see later today.
Hope everyone has a good day and be well....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #25628 on: Nov 30, 2021, 06:42 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

29 degrees may see 40 by the afternoon.

IW.... Dogs or coyotes, neither helps when deer hunting.

Eddie...Best of luck at the old apple orchard, hope today is the day :thumbsup: The spearing lake is capped but that's about it. In the spot I put my house it is wide open with 7 swans a swimming. It will be a while before it gets cold again and now they are talking measurable snow in the forecast.

WW....Congratulations to Mr. WW :clap: :clap: What a dandy :thumbsup:

I stopped to look at the oak firewood job yesterday just to find the guy is having someone else do it. You win some you lose some. A couple errands today then some saw work here at home.

Hope you all have a good day no matter what's on the agenda. :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
« Reply #25629 on: Nov 30, 2021, 07:13 AM »
Mornin' early risers. Yep, I've been up for 'bout four hours or so. Just stickin' my head in the door to ask Marv if'n he's made room in his in box yet. Tried to reply to a PM from him and I keep getting the "inbox full" message"

Everybody have a great day!
To fish or not to fish? That's a stupid question!

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”― Lewis Carroll

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #25630 on: Nov 30, 2021, 07:48 AM »
   Wally…think I’ll skip the orchard and take the Thruway west where the deer are….Doh!  ;D

:clap: :clap:  CONGRATULATIONS again to Mr.WW!!  :clap: :clap:

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25631 on: Nov 30, 2021, 09:52 AM »
Yes Congrads to Mr.WW,  :bow: :bow: :clap: :clap: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Darn missed a msg myself or I might have been Motoring up to Madison this morning. I fell asleep in the recliner....again. Hope OG has a good report.
Eddie, yeah that might have been the case, with Cherry Creek.  Believe today is the last day for boating there until sometime in February.

Looks like I will have to learn where everything is here in Wisconsin, and so many changes in everything not just the highways.  Yup a new chapter for sure WW.

went exploring on the web and found another icefishing sight here in WI.  Got lots of responses in just a few minutes.  Must be I am not the only one with the itch.  ;D

Hoping a great day for all.

Bud

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25632 on: Nov 30, 2021, 10:09 AM »
   Wally…think I’ll skip the orchard and take the Thruway west where the deer are….Doh!  ;D

:clap: :clap:  CONGRATULATIONS again to Mr.WW!!  :clap: :clap:
He’s not that far away from you, camp is in Otsego county  ;)

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25633 on: Nov 30, 2021, 11:38 AM »

Congratulations to Mr.WW          Bud the goat stopped to graze and fell asleep have to go in for blood draw I'll drive by and see how many are out there.  I'll stop for bait too       

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #25634 on: Nov 30, 2021, 02:27 PM »
Just stickin' my head in the door to ask Marv if'n he's made room in his in box yet. Tried to reply to a PM from him and I keep getting the "inbox full" message"

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: All systems are go Mike, I got a bigger box :roflmao:

Good to see you back!

WS

Offline badger132

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25635 on: Nov 30, 2021, 02:32 PM »
Well- I will miss my first ice fishing prediction, and not for any reason I could have guessed. I was hoping for Dec 1- which would have been about the same as last year, but I am on the way back from Thanksgiving in Badgerland and the road to the lake is closed by  landslide until at least next week. I have appointments and a flight out to care for a relative having surgery, so the soonest I will get another chance is the 20th. For sure there will be ice, probably with a lot of holes in it by the time I get back.
On the plus side, I did get a deer, and have the tenderloins in my checked bags. May need to broil them for dinner.

Be careful out there on early ice, may all your live bait keep wiggling!

:tipup:

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #25636 on: Nov 30, 2021, 09:08 PM »
 Good evening reached a high temperature in the upper thirties today drooping down to low thirties overnight. Weather guessers say tomorrow will be warmer with high temperature in the mid. forties. A friendly reminder keep alert for Black ice on roadways especially when traveling during night time and pre-sun rise hours.
Ice Wanderer from what I've read in newspaper and on the internet drug companies are saying if a modified vaccine is needed to protect against the Omicron variant it may take two to three months to develop and become available to the public. So for now like the CDC they are advising people to get vaccinated with current vaccines and all over age 18 to get booster shot after six months of receiving second shot or after two months of receiving J&J shot.
Old Goat may you have a good day when you make your first ice fishing trip of the 2021-22 season.
Zcm-28 it appears coyotes have gone from being inhabitants of the South west and Western U.S. to spreading across much of the country in the past 25-30 years to the point of being a nussiance animal in many places.
Eddie i hope the move to the old apple orchard yielded you more deer activity and a chance to harvest a buck today. I agree there has been much confusion during this pandemic over proper actions for the public to take to protect themselves and control the viruses spread.
Wallworld congratulations to Mr.WW on getting a buck during NY.Southern zone fire-arm big game season.  :clap: :thumbsup:
Hunts2long if you went out today hope you saw more deer sign of actual deer and had a chance to harvest one.
Whopper Stopper ig the weather cooperates you maybe out ice fishing or spearing before years end. Sorry to hear you lost the oak tree job.
Esox_xtm good to see you back posting may all  be good with you and your family. Is the Ice Fishing hotline up and running yet .
Racquettedacker may all be good with you and your family also assume you are getting the green houses ready for Spring.
IFF may you and Old Goat be able to get out together on a few ice fishing trips this season. I'm sure there have been plenty of changes since you last resided in Wisconsin.
Badger132 congratulations on harvesting a deer. :clap: :thumbsup: May you have problem free travel to your relatives . Best to them with the surgery and recovery.

Over the years I've made purchases from both Cabelas and Sportman's guide received emails from both today. It looks likes Cabelas is extending their cyber Monday deals through this week .Sportsman's guide has a 12 days of Christmas promotion last from today until 11:59 PM CT on Dec.11TH certain purchases qualify you for 3 months of free membership in their buyer's club a few "Big Ticket" items will earn you one year's free membership. (I'm not affiliated with either company and received no compensasion from posting this info. and any purchases made)

Stay safe and keep healthy. best to all hunting and fishing.
 Steve

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25637 on: Dec 01, 2021, 03:22 AM »
About time for the changing of the guard, just woke up from an earlier nap, picked up some waxworms, bait shop owner says bass, bluegill, and walleyes still hitting on minnows in the open water at the river.  See temp is at 36* so will be awhile yet for local ice in this area.  Might see temp of 50* today with 50% chance of rain.  So back to my pillow. 
Bud

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #25638 on: Dec 01, 2021, 04:11 AM »

Good morning Bud, ER's,
                           It's 29* and the town plow just went by, looks to be about 2" more. ::) Welcome to December.
                           Wally ........Congratulation s to Mr. WW again he's done well this year. :thumbsup: :clap: :bow: What are the coordinates to that camp.lol :roflmao:
                           Eddie.........Sometime s it's good to change locations, but when I do it, the big one has visited the old spot. :cookoo: :%$#!:
                           Marv..........I'm sorry to read that you missed out on the firewood. :whistle:
                           Badger.......Congrats to you as well. Good job. :thumbsup:
                           H2l............We can't give up till the season is done, we just have to be there at the right place and right time. :flex:
                           Bud...........Ice will come! :unsure:
                           Steve........Hopefully the vaccine we got will help on the new variant. Did you know there was a band named Omicon now defunct. ???
                           With this fresh snow, I'm headed out. I just saw a message from #3 son from yesterday, He shot a 12 pointer.
                           I hope everyone has a good Wednesday either at work r out. Stay Safe and Healthy

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25639 on: Dec 01, 2021, 04:32 AM »
30* and a new dusting of snow.
Saw no deer yesterday. Will see what today brings.
IW, congrats to #3. Hope to see a picture.
Have a good day be safe...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25640 on: Dec 01, 2021, 05:18 AM »
Morning all,

IW.....congrats to your son, would love to see a pic  :thumbsup:  good luck today  ;)

Badger.....congrats to you  :flex:

H2L.....good luck  ;)

IFF.....is Jake going to be your fishing partner  ???

WS....I have no doubt you will pick up another tree job to take the place of that oak  :whistle:  would have been nice of the customer to let you know tho  ::)

Eddie.....fingers crossed the apple trees did the trick yesterday  ;)2

Changed wireless carriers yesterday with new phones too, after a couple snags getting MrWW's number to transfer we're up and running again  :clap: pretty amazing how simple transferring everything from old phone to new is, so simple even a "senior" can do it  :roflmao: :thumbsup:

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25641 on: Dec 01, 2021, 05:24 AM »
Morning all, 37° and raining a bit here.

2nd part of shotgun deer season opens tomorrow, so just gotta get through the work slog today and it's a 4 day weekend for me.

h2l - good luck  :thumbsup:

IFF - same here... water is in the mid/upper 30s and high temps are way beyond ice making in the forecast. I'd say 4-5 weeks before I'm on ice here, unless we get a freak cold blast.

IW - hope you see something.

mr.clean - they've gotten pretty thick here in the past 20 years. I've actually shot more coyotes during deer season than deer over the past 10-ish seasons. There have been a few seasons I never even saw a deer... always see a coyote or three.

badger - congrats.  ;D Hoping to get something in the freezer in the next few days here. I've been eating tag soup the past few seasons.

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #25642 on: Dec 01, 2021, 05:35 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Happy Hump Day!   ;D
  30* and just a dusting of snow overnight, high of 37 here today.

Jeff…wow, CONGRATULATIONS to your son on the 12 pointer, that’s fantastic!!  :clap: :bow:  Best of luck this morning, hope your spot produces today!   :thumbsup:
  H2…best of luck out there today!   :thumbsup:
  Bud…probably won’t be too much longer before the ice making weather makes it to your area. Have you zeroed in on a few a local lakes to try once they lockup?  Will be looking forward to your adventures with OldGoat when you fellas hookup!   :thumbsup:
  Steve…had a brief encounter yesterday with some black ice on one of the back roads here yesterday, pavement just looked wet until I lost steering for a moment…sure gets the heart pumping!   :woot:  Saw a few deer yesterday, all bald heads…maybe this afternoon will be better.   :thumbsup:
  Badger…congratulations on the deer, best wishes to your relative with the surgery and a full recovery.  :thumbsup:
  OG…good luck today with the fishing if you’re heading out…hope the bite is on!   :tipup:
  Wally…yes, Otsego County is pretty close…hmmm..now about those coordinates Jeff mentioned?    :roflmao:  Glad the new phones were easy to hookup, may be looking into that soon myself.   :thumbsup:
  Marv…see you’re part of the Militia, congratulations on that and breaking 10,000 posts!!!  :bow: :clap: :thumbsup:
  Z…bet you’re getting anxious with the 2nd opener coming up…hope everything comes together tomorrow….best of luck!   :thumbsup:

Ended up seeing 5 deer yesterday just before sunset. Thought for sure one of them hanging back was a buck, big bodied deer keeping to itself about 30yds or so from the others. It stepped out in between the trees and brush eventually where I finally had a good look..big doe. Thought about taking her with the doe permit, but passed hopefull a buck would make an appearance before legal hunting hours were over…that didn’t pan out.
  Going to try there again this afternoon…plenty of time left in the season for taking a doe yet and I’m certain there’s a buck or two hanging not too far from them.   Cawfee’s on…
  Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing/hunting!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #25643 on: Dec 01, 2021, 05:56 AM »

Here it is!

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25644 on: Dec 01, 2021, 06:02 AM »
WooHoo that's a beauty, congrats to him again  :thumbsup: :flex: :clap: :flex:

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #25645 on: Dec 01, 2021, 06:06 AM »
Good morning everyone  :bow:

37 heading into the mid 50's today. Looks like the swans will have a bigger spot to swim.

IW.....Congratulations to #3, what a toad  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Good luck this morning!

WW....My relationship with the wood guy had always been hot or cold. He was one that when it was -10 he wanted something done immediately even if a warm up was on the way :%$#!: I have no doubt before all was done he would have P&M about something. Don't worry, he is now on my permanent Naughty List ;D

Eddie....That's why my mailbox was full all the time. My Militia membership had expired so my mailbox had shrunk to 50 rather than 100 messages. You had to of gotten pretty excited when the deer started running :thumbsup: Best of luck this afternoon :thumbsup:

I need to get going. Today I am doing my second day at the gun range to take care of my dues. The range manager said he wanted a couple others to help.

Best of luck to everyone hitting the woods or sitting in open spaces :thumbsup:

Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #25646 on: Dec 01, 2021, 06:13 AM »
X3--- WOW!!!!  :thumbsup: :clap: :woot:
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25647 on: Dec 01, 2021, 07:39 AM »

Congratulations to your son IW. #3 scores a 12 impressive

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25648 on: Dec 01, 2021, 09:51 AM »
Now I'm getting jealous,  But big congratulations nice buck. Another lazy day for me looks like ::)
Bud

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.