Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1608431 times)

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #25200 on: Oct 28, 2021, 11:11 AM »

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25201 on: Oct 28, 2021, 12:16 PM »
Lots of cows still just nothing that branches either in the herd.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25202 on: Oct 28, 2021, 12:48 PM »
What Dave, they all looking for an easy meal  ?

Sure glad I can take my time going through boxes, will at some point have to figure out where to put things, could it be I have way to much for this size house  ::) :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:
Bud

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #25203 on: Oct 28, 2021, 01:34 PM »
Good afternoon everyone.

Just as I turned in a glimmer of sun shined through. I got my projects done and am thinking some stand time may be in order.

Hope you all are having a good Thursday. Mine just got better, except for the rain.

WS

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #25204 on: Oct 28, 2021, 02:11 PM »
Got my COVID booster and flu shot this morning.
Now I'm tired and need a nap.   ;D

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25205 on: Oct 28, 2021, 06:07 PM »
Dave rest easy, hope there's no unwanted affects from the booster, I'm told lots of people have different reactions, I suspect me having a sore mouth could very well be an affect....kind of losing taste ???

Yippie internet tech just leaving, turned out I purchased a bad router.  So will be shopping for a better one.
Bud

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #25206 on: Oct 28, 2021, 08:25 PM »
Just a sore shoulder and a little tired.
I'll live Bud. :)

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #25207 on: Oct 28, 2021, 08:32 PM »
Good evening may not be long before I see first frost temperature dropped into the upper thirties last night and only got up to fifty eight for today's high. Some excitement in my town  ethics boards released statement saying one councilmen exercised bad judgement in making two purchases of town owned land. These purchases were back in 2017 and 2018 the councilmen was running for election before first purchase was made and claims once he was elected to the town council/board his business partner handled all dealings with the town and he abstained from voting on the matter. He is saying similar with the 2018 purchase and off course finds it interesting that the ethics board released it's judgement so close to this year's election  he is running for a second term.
Drifter may you have no reaction to the Covid booster or flu shots. Must be the year for wildlife sightings/interactions in yellow knife between the lynx several months back,bears and now a wolf.
IFF good to hear the geek Squad tech. found reason why your Smart TV was not connecting to the internet. I hope you can get a refund on your current router.if it is a recent purchase.
Eddie it appears some store chains have a larger volume of paper goods and other items in their warehouse system then others so one store you visit has limited selection and another seems to have no supply problem currently. Eventually if cargo ships stay stacked in harbors waiting to unload we will see supply shortages at all stores. I hope you had a good day at work and the "Commander could tell the project manager job is completed.  May things work out and you return to working in Albany.
Wallyworld may your son's electric power be restored. Congratulations to the two of you on a good fishing trip. :clap:
Hunts2long may you see some of the small buck's relatives in your hunting area.
Fish/hunt4ever hope you see some elk with branched antlers and can take a shot before your hunt ends thank you for sharing the photos .
Whopper Stopper nice that the rain ended when you arrived at the shack and you might get some afternoon hunting in today. Also good to read you completed the projects at shack.
OldSailor may all be good with you and the family. Thank you for your daily contributions to the joke thread.
Icefisher-45 some time has past since we last heard from you  i hope all is good for you and the wife.

Have a good night stay safe and healthy. Best to all fishing and hunting.
  Steve

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #25208 on: Oct 29, 2021, 04:23 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                         It's 30* and partly cloudy here on my hill. ::)
                         Eddie........I bet the apprentice will remember you guys for a long time, maybe he'll show up at the capital job if you guys start up
               again. :thumbsup: :unsure:
                         Marv........"The Shack" looks great, good luck out there. :thumbsup: :flex:
                         Dave.........Lynx, wolves and bears.....Oh my, you guys are getting it from all sides. :roflmao: Everyone has a different forecast for this
               winter. :whistle:
                         Fish hang in there the right one will show up anytime now. :flex:
                         Steve........It sounds to me the councilmen did the right thing, but for those that are opposed to him, if they bring it up even though it
               was ligit. It will raise questions. Dirty politics. >:D
                         Wally........I bet you home smelled fantastic. Can you pipe some of that aroma this way. :woot:
                         Bud..........I think we all have to much stuff in our homes, I'm been going through things and pawning off to my sons. lol :roflmao:
                         Yesterday I had to got to the Boston area to pick up my wife's son from a school and take him to his home in Keene NH, I spent 10 hrs.
              driving. The traffic out there is terrible, I'm glad I live where I do.
                         Today my truck goes to the transmission shop, not sure how long it will take them.
                         I hope everyone has a good Friday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25209 on: Oct 29, 2021, 05:40 AM »
33*
IW, I know what those long drive days are like. They can be even worst when you don't do it very often.
No deer seen yesterday.
WS, nice looking "shack" you have there.
Be well....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25210 on: Oct 29, 2021, 06:15 AM »
Morning all,

IW.....I agree, the traffic out that way is the WORST  :%$#!:  I'm surprised it only took you 10 hours  :whistle:

MrC.....no power restored at my son's yet, guess things are a real mess there  :(

Drifter....fingers crossed the wolf disappears on it's own and doesn't end up getting shot  :unsure:

WS.....here's hoping today's THE  day  ;)2

H2L....the deer should start moving more with some cooler temps  ;)

Eddie....have you gotten used to this work a couple weeks then off for a few type of work schedule  ???

Another great day on the water, limit in 2 hours

Sadly after getting home, we winterized the boat and put her to bed for the winter, hard to do when the fish are biting  :'(

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #25211 on: Oct 29, 2021, 06:40 AM »
Wally..........I took the northern route thru Vt. And NH . And when everyone is going 90 mph and I stayed under that
 I made good time.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #25212 on: Oct 29, 2021, 08:20 AM »
Good morning everyone.

40 degrees heading into the 50's today. It appears the temps are going to drop some as next week approaches.

Last night ended up being a wash out. The rain moved in about 6pm and it lasted well past dark.

The only good thing that happened on stand (???) Were 3 text messages from 3 old customers telling me they have tree work when I get done bowhunting.

Hope you all have a good day!
Stay safe and keep healthy

WS

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25213 on: Oct 29, 2021, 07:17 PM »
Marv it’s been said go into business for yourself, and never be out of work again

Just found out I am not smart enough to hook up a new router and new TV at least at the same time
Bud

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #25214 on: Oct 29, 2021, 07:39 PM »

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #25215 on: Oct 30, 2021, 04:47 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                          It's 39* and cloudy, we had some rain over night. ::)
                          H2l.........Good luck if you're headed out this morning.  :thumbsup:
                          Eddie......It's to bad the job had to end so soon. I hope there is news of the job reopening at the capital soon. :unsure: I'm headed out
                 this morning for a while to see if there any deer waiting for me. :roflmao:
                          Marv.......The rain might have kept the deer from moving, after it's done they will be on the move again. :blink:
                          Dave.......I hope you don't have any side affects from the booster. :flex:
                          Bud.........I'm guessing the Geek got it up and running for you? ???
                          Wally.......Nice day on the lake, :thumbsup: it's always a sad day when you have to winterize the boat. :(
                          I called the transmission shop telling them that my truck was picked up and on it's way. They told Tuesday it should be done.
                          I hope everyone has a good Saturday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #25216 on: Oct 30, 2021, 05:37 AM »
Good Morning Jeff, Morning Everyone,
  Had some internet issues here yesterday.  Rain and 42*, high of 56 today…we finally got our first frost yesterday morning!!   :thumbsup:

Jeff…good luck with your hunting this am, hope the rain stays south of you! That’s great news on your truck!!  :clap: :thumbsup:  Sent some pictures to the apprentice yesterday of him in action, he was pretty happy about that and very appreciative for helping him along.
  Dave…congrats on getting the booster and flu shot, hope the arm is feeling better today!   :thumbsup:
  Bud…hope you figured out the router/tv problems…I struggle with them myself.  :P
  Marv…great looking “ Shack “ !! Hope the weather has cleared enough that you get some stand time today…best of luck!   :thumbsup:
   Wally…Congratulations to you and Mr.WW on another great trip, perfect ending for the season!!  :clap: :bow:   Not really thrilled about the time off in between jobs, but it has had it’s pluses!
  H2…good luck this am if you’re heading out!   :thumbsup:
  Steve…found what we were looking for yesterday!   :thumbsup:

Had some plans of sighting in my guns today, but that doesn’t look to promising at the moment, lol. Weather app showing chance of rain throughout most of the day.
  Might be a good day to use up some of the peppers and make a batch or two of jelly…will check in later to see how everyone is doing…Cawfee’s on!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing/hunting!

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25217 on: Oct 30, 2021, 06:34 AM »
Morning all,

IW......good luck in the woods  :flex:  nice you don't have to travel I-90 some crazy people on there  :wacko:

H2L....good luck to you also if heading out  :flex:

WS.....fingers crossed the rain has moved out  ;)  good you have some customers willing to wait for their tree work until you're out of the stand  :thumbsup:

Eddie...hope you hear more on the old crew returning to Albany soon  :whistle:

IFF....any grandkids living nearby to help with the "tech" stuff  ??? 

Still no power at my son's, they're hoping it's restored sometime today  :unsure:

Rain and wind here today, nothing much planned  :-\

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25218 on: Oct 30, 2021, 07:58 AM »
44* and some rain around.
WW, you had a great end to the season and I bet you had the lake just about to yourselves.
IW, hope you see that big one.
I hunted both in the AM and the PM yesterday. No deer but the wind was right. Also saw a buck scrape not far from where I am setting, so there WAS a buck in the area. I still find it very strange that I am not seeing any squirrels or birds, 1 woodpecker and a couple ravens.
Hope everyone has a good day and stay well...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #25219 on: Oct 30, 2021, 09:11 AM »
Good morning 51 and a light rain falling will be slightly warmer today with the high temperature reaching 63. the past few days the high was only in upper fifties. Like Eddie I've been searching for one item at stores finally found it last night.
Ice Wanderer best to you with today's hunting. Guess you are rested and recharged after the trip to Boston and all of the driving. May you get your truck back on the scheduled date. I agree about the dirty politics  lots of mud being thrown around this election. The past 8 to 12 years the Republican party has held majority on the town board last election a few seats changed to the Democrats including the town supervisor . During the time of Republican majority the ethics board was dismantled and current supervisor started it up again once he was in office still to release their statements on the property sales right before voting date does raise questions.
Hunts2long happy to read you found some sign of deer activity hopefully you will see a few deer next time your out hunting.
Sorry to hear your son is still without electric power may it be restored today. The grandchildren must be getting stir crazy. Congrats on another good fishing trip. Hopefully the mower deck from your tractor can join the boat in Winter storage before to long.
Eddie nice work on getting some photos of the apprentice at work and sharing them with him may your paths cross on some future project. Glad you finally found the item you were looking for at one store. Have fun making the pepper jelly . may tomorrow be better weather by you so the guns can get sighted in for deer season.
Whopper Stopper hope your seeing better weather and a nice buck presents you with a shot today. Guess you can not escape from the tree work nice though to have potential jobs waiting once your hunting is over for the season.
Fish/hunt4ever may a branched antlered elk give you a shot before your hunting time comes to an end or the season closes for this year.

Have a safe and good Saturday . Best to all fishing and hunting.
 Steve

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #25220 on: Oct 30, 2021, 11:03 AM »
Thwack

WS

Online Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #25221 on: Oct 30, 2021, 12:02 PM »
WOOHOOO.  Can’t wait to see the pictures… :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25222 on: Oct 30, 2021, 12:24 PM »
YAY  :thumbsup: :clap: :flex: :bow: 

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #25223 on: Oct 30, 2021, 12:39 PM »
Happiness is a large gut pile!!! :thumbsup: ;)2 :clap: :flex: :bow:
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #25224 on: Oct 30, 2021, 01:19 PM »
I will put the details together in the next couple of days.

It was a long night, a few Ernie's, and boning it out this morning.

I am back on the road heading to the shack to meet my Brother. I still plan on hanging out for the week.

It wasn't the big bugger but I couldn't pass him up.

Thanks for all the good wishes heading into this. I think they all helped

Until later

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25225 on: Oct 30, 2021, 01:23 PM »
Congrats, looking forward to your report and pics  :thumbsup: :clap:  Best of luck to your brother, enjoy your time at the shack  :clap: :thumbsup: ;)2

Online Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #25226 on: Oct 30, 2021, 02:31 PM »
Nice one mister...  Congratulations..... :thumbsup:
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #25227 on: Oct 30, 2021, 03:35 PM »
   :clap: :thumbsup: :bow:  That a boy Marv, great looking buck…CONGRATULATIONS!!!   :bow: :thumbsup: :clap:

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25228 on: Oct 30, 2021, 08:24 PM »
Marv you’re PM box full   ?
Bud

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #25229 on: Oct 30, 2021, 08:46 PM »
Good evening ,Whopper Stopper congratulations on the deer nice looking buck. :clap: :thumbsup: Enjoy the time with your brother best to him in harvesting a buck. Looking forward to your report from the hunt. Thank you for posting the photo.
 Steve

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.