Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1611650 times)

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #24810 on: Sep 21, 2021, 05:52 AM »
Good morning IW, Eddie! Good morning everyone :bow:

50 degrees this morning we may make it to 65

IW.....Welcome back :thumbsup: I am guessing you had some long days and nights :whistle:

Eddie....I hear you on hospitals these days. Hope everything works out for your mom :thumbsup:

WW.....Hope your return drive home was uneventful  :thumbsup:

h2l....Sounds like you had a fun day on the water with Lindsay :thumbsup:

Bud.....No trees are safe no matter how far away :roflmao:

Yesterdays job was a rough one. By the time I got finished I was cold, soaked and slow moving. The guy was happy and turned out to be a good helper. He had an old Farmall H that sure came in handy. Luckily I had thrown a couple pulley blocks in along with my heavier rope. The tree on the shed was fairly big and it took a good pull to lift it and swing it off. In the end the guy was very happy and even gave me a tip.

Nothing on the planner today.

Hope you all have a good day :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24811 on: Sep 21, 2021, 06:22 AM »
Morning all, 66° and drizzly here, and that's pretty much the forecast all day, mid 60s with off and on drizzle.

No tire yesterday... called before going to pick it up, and they said it wasn't there yet. It better be today, cause I blew a wheel cylinder on the wife's car this morning. If it isn't one thing, it's another 🤬

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24812 on: Sep 21, 2021, 06:32 AM »
Morning all,

Eddie....great news on your Mom  :thumbsup:  congrats on the retirement decision  :clap:

IW....welcome back, glad the vacation was a good time  :clap:

WS....hope you aren't too sore this morning  :pinch:

IFF....Jake's a handsome fella, bet he's a good copilot  ;) 

Drifter....the weatherman sure can mess up one's plans  :%$#!:

H2L.....congrats on the bowling  :flex:  glad Lindsay caught a few birthday fish  ;D

Z.....sorry to hear about the car problems  :(  hope the tire arrives today  ;)

The trip home yesterday was uneventful, traffic seems almost as light as it was right at the beginning of covid  :blink:  not sure what's up with that, but definitely not complaining either  :whistle:

Still waiting for the call that the boat is ready to pick up  ::)  guess we shouldn't have told the guy "no rush"   :unsure:

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24813 on: Sep 21, 2021, 07:48 AM »
Well froze here last night air temp when I got to work this morning was 29 with a cool crisp feeling in the air, feels like fall is here.  Got the tomato plants pulled and hanging in the greenhouse, the pepper plants dug and moved in the greenhouse and covered the vines. Supposed to warm up a bit again but doubt it will last long. One more work day after today and mountain air and bugling elk here we come.  Have a good Tuesday everyone stay safe out there in this changing weather.

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #24814 on: Sep 21, 2021, 09:55 AM »
Eddie
Have only removed the tracks so far. This will be the first time installing them.
I can tell you that they're pretty darn heavy so I can see it being some work to get them on.

Looks like I might actually get out to the cabin this weekend.
Didn't look like it yesterday but the forecast has changed.
Hopefully it holds.  ::)

Chilly one this morning. Pretty windy and cool.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday...
« Reply #24815 on: Sep 21, 2021, 10:18 AM »
Good Morning ER's  Pass the coffee Please

Eddie:  Yes good news on Mom, may she continue to improve, and you get time for many visits, At first retirement for me was an on and off again thing, but now that my pocket book got healed some rather enjoying not having to be someplace at a particular time.  Now to get finished on my worst job, MOVING.  Still some gotta have, should have to get boxed/bagged up.  Hoping to have the snowmobile and trailer here tomorrow and see what I can fit in it. Then stuff what I can in the RV, and, be on my way.

Marv right on not all trees are safe, have had my share of them want to fight back.

Pat one thing I have noticed so are about Jake, he sure has a noise.  Will be a pleasure to get him settled down to my speed these day and do some bird hunting. and lazy days on the boat.

Dave hope your plans work out ok, I'm not where I want to be when it comes time for the first freeze.

well time to get on with my day, oh and found some chocolate chunk cookies under my dome  ;D

stay safe all.

Bud

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #24816 on: Sep 21, 2021, 12:01 PM »
               Good afternoon everyone,
                         I did some catching up and it seems that everyone has been busy.
                         Bud.........I'm glad you got the proper paperwork in and closing went trough. :thumbsup: Your dog looks like he'll be a brute. :flex:
                         Eddie.......I'm sorry that the fishing was slow up in Pulaski. :( There is still time for more trips. :thumbsup: I'm glad your mom is doing better. :thumbsup:
                         Marv........Thanks for the video. :thumbsup: The tree job sounded like a rough one. :whistle:
                         I-45.........It's good to see you posting, I hope all the appointments go well. :thumbsup:
                         OS...........I'm glad to read that are walking on your own. :clap: :flex:
                         Wally........A GPS guidance system is great to have so no one has to run the boat while fishing. :flex:
                         Dave........Your temps are getting me excited about ice fishing. :woot:
                         Fish..........29* would get my heart pumping :blink:
                         Zcm.........A drizzle isn't going to help the river much. :%$#!:
                         Steve.......I was able to land a small striper it was fun though. And the little boy in the picture was ecstatic that he got to tough it. Thanks.

[/url

[url=https://postimg.cc/64XXSDb1]

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24817 on: Sep 21, 2021, 01:54 PM »
Just got back from NYC, all checked out OK.
IW, good to see you back.
WW, traffic was pretty light for us today. It did take about 30 minutes to get across the Geo. Washington, haven't seen it that busy in a couple years.
Hope everyone is having a good day....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #24818 on: Sep 21, 2021, 04:54 PM »
H2l........Thank you. I'm glad that everything went well in NYC except the traffic. It's always bad on The GWB.

Offline badger132

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24819 on: Sep 21, 2021, 06:40 PM »
FH4: I thought I recognized Riverton- we passed through about a month ago. Some beautiful country up between ten sleep and Buffalo. High though- I can see why you have freezing temps already.

Well, we are past the equinox again- into the cold, dark half of the year. Still warm and nice here. Our lake is the lowest it has been since 2006- hope that does not affect the fish too much- sure can't be good. I know they kind of depend on water to live.  :'(

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #24820 on: Sep 21, 2021, 10:07 PM »
Good evening, sadly i see from looking at the news Covid numbers are still rising across New York state. Also see President Biden is now mandating that businesses with one hundred employees of more must tell employees they have to get vaccinated or take weekly tests sure this will cause a stir among the public.
Ice Wanderer welcome back nice that you had good weather during your week in Maine. Congratulations on catching the striper  your young friend seems impressed by the fish. I assume the fish was caught with the surf rod I passed onto you a few years back.
Eddie happy for you and your family to read your Mom was discharged from hospital and back at her nursing home where it is easier for all of you to visit with her. may your old coworker enjoy the pepper jelly hopefully it is hot enough for them. May you get some word soon from the contractor about the block job.
Wallyworld glad you had warmer clothing to wear at the ice rink sitting through one or more games it can get chilly. Congratulations to your grandson/grandchildren on splitting their games.
Zcm-28 may the service center get the tire for your car in and on your vehicle. Sorry to hear now your wife's car has a problem.
Hunts2long tell your wife congratulations on having a good check up visit. Also my congratulations to Lindsay on the walleyes and  northern pike.
Drifter thank you for answering my question about which lake has the bay which usually freezes by 3RD week of October.may the weather report be correct you get to the cabin this weekend.
IFF  best to you with the final steps of your move may everything be problem free on the drive to Wisconsin.
Badger132  may your area see some rain to help raise the lake water level and also aid in putting out any remaining wildfires.
Fish/hunt4ever nice you have a green house to move plants into and extended the growing season some plus get an earlier start in the Spring. Best to you and the family with the elk hunting this weekend. may the cooler morning temperatures get the animals moving in your hunting area.
Icefisher-45 may all have gone well at the headache doctor's visit and your with now be trained to give the monthly shot.
Oldsailor hope you able able to walk a little greater distance each day.
Whopper stopper nice that the property owner had the tractor to help lift tree off of his shed and though a hard job everything went without a problem.

Welcome to Fall, stay safe and healthy.
 Steve

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24821 on: Sep 21, 2021, 11:18 PM »
Buddy got back from his fishing trip to Minnesota, and we went and picked up the Snowmobile and trailer, had to back track and pick up a 1 7/8th ball and receiver, as he forgot the trailer was a smaller size.  Will be able to put a couple bulkier items in with the snowmobile, so now thinking everything should fit in somewhere. So now it's jam and pack.  I should be proud of myself, was able to do with the computer, what has always in the past been (not going to work bud)  :thumbsup: :flex:

Jeff, the 2 year old pup, I don't believe is going to grow much taller, maybe get fat like me.  :woot:'
Not going to be easy not having time to say goodbye's to so many friends,  as I leave the state, Stopped in one of the stores I had worked at and they all had heard of where I was heading, seems there must be more than one that lurk behind the monitor checking on what happens in 9:45 on a Tuesday thread; here on IS. :unsure: :whistle: 

Looks like its going to dip down to about 40* over night.  Might be digging out some long sleeve shirts in the next couple days for the mornings anyway.

Pillow time, stay healthy and safe.

Bud

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #24822 on: Sep 22, 2021, 04:45 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                        It's 61* and mostly cloudy here on my hill. ::)
                        Steve.........Yes it was, worked out great. I had a bigger one on but got off and not a second later the guy next to me got hit.
             His fish was 34", I'm thinking it was the one I had. The regulations say you can keep from 28" to 35". The guy was staying at our hotel,
             so he kept it and cooked it on the grill and shared it with all of us. :clap:
                        Bud..........Saying good by to everyone is a hard thing to do, sometimes it's just better to leave quietly.  :unsure:
                        Fish..........Good luck with the Elk hunt this weekend. :flex:
                        Eddie........My M I L and my wife made some pepper jelly, I had never had it. That with cream cheese on a cracker is heaven. :thumbsup: :clap:
                        Wally........When I got home on Monday I couldn't believe how long my lawn was, I got it mowed yesterday and also got stung on my ankle from
             a yellow jacket. Gasoline and a torch last night after dinner took care of them I hope. :icefish: :whistle:
                        Badger......Mat you get some much needed rain to raise the lake levels. :blink:
                        Zcm.........I see you're ready for hunting season. :flex:
                        Marv........Rain and wind drives the chill to the bones, I'm glad you got the tree job done.
                        While on our week in Maine we had some storms roll through. I'm having some computer issues, I can't seem to load a picture.
                        I hope everyone has a good Wednesday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #24823 on: Sep 22, 2021, 05:07 AM »
Good Morning Jeff, Morning Everyone,
  Welcome to Fall and Happy Hump Day!’  ;D   Cloudy and 63* this am, might see a few scattered showers around throughout the day, high of 73.

Bud…thank you, sounds like the stars are all lining up now for you…hope the last minute packing is completed and you’re ready to start that new chapter in your life today…best wishes and safe travels to you Sir!  :clap: :thumbsup:  :bow:
  Steve…definitely a much better setting at the nursing home, especially for the visitations. We received a message yesterday that a staff member tested positive, so crossing fingers again that a repeat of cases doesn’t happen again. Got a reply from one of the coworkers on the pepper jelly…very pleased with the results, mentioned something about “ Holy $… !! “ Guess it was hot enough… :roflmao:
  Badger…hopefully you see some good rains coming soon to help out those lakes before first ice.  :thumbsup:  What do you like to target through the ice mostly?
  H2…congrats to your wife on another good visit with the Dr.’s, excellent news and continued best wishes sent her way!  :clap: :thumbsup:
  Jeff…thank you, and thanks for sharing the pictures…made that young mans day for sure touching that striper, great stuff!!  Welcome back! :clap: :thumbsup:
Sorry to read the yellow jacket got you, hope the gas did the trick. Think I can help you soon with something for the cream cheese and crackers…nothing like what I made for the coworkers, lol.  ;D
  Dave…thanks for the reply, imagined those tracks had to weigh plenty!  Hopefully they go back on without too much of a problem for you…best of luck when the time comes and good luck with the weather for your trip to the cabin this weekend.  :thumbsup:
  FH4…you must be stoked to get through this last work day to get back out chasing those  elk again! Best of luck to you and the family knocking one down…we’ll be waiting!!   :thumbsup:
  Wally…thank you, hope you got some news on the boat yesterday and get a chance to try it out this week!   :thumbsup:  Keeping an eye on the reports, might be making another trip up your way again in a couple days if things improve.
  Marv…hope you got some rest after that workout, glad everything went pretty well and the homeowner/tractor helped make it easier on you , excellent!  :clap: :thumbsup:
  OS…hope you’re continuing to improve each day, best wishes continued for you.   :thumbsup:
  Tom…we’ve been missing you here buddy, hope to see you back posting soon!   :thumbsup:

Looks like a puttering day here today for the most part. Do have a job to look at later this afternoon, a friend of the Sheriffs who I did work for.
  Nice to see the site beginning to pick up some steam again…won’t be long until the masses arrive again….Welcome to Fall everyone!  :tipup:
  Cawfee’s on…the dome is empty, bacon eggs being served this mornin Bud.   ;D
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24824 on: Sep 22, 2021, 05:20 AM »
Morning all, 55° and still raining here. We've picked up about half an inch of rain, which is a lot better than nothing, but we still need a lot more to make any real dent in this drought. River has come up a hair, but the flow rate is still at or near zero, so we need a lot more rain to get it up enough to float a boat on it again.

Got the tire back and put it on yesterday afternoon, so that's one car down. Had to order the wheel cylinder and shoes for the wife's car, since nobody local had them in stock, so it will probably be a few days before that one is back in shape.

IW - I wish... no rifles for deer here, and the sister in law's family declined my request to hunt some of their property across the state line where rifles are legal. ☹️

IFF - glad to hear you got your paperwork sorted out. There was a property title/deed mess when I bought my place that took months to sort out, so I know the feeling.

h2l - glad to hear the trip went ok. I hate city driving 😬

mr.clean - getting bad around here again too. The small local hospital is having to ship people off as they come in, because the ICU is still full.

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24825 on: Sep 22, 2021, 05:51 AM »
Morning all,

IFF.....best wishes on the final moving out day  :thumbsup: 

IW.....nice the other hotel guest shared the fish  :thumbsup:   thanks for sharing the pics  :)

Eddie....rain and some cooler temps the next couple of days should get the salmon moving  ;)2

H2L.....good news on MrsH2's NYC visit  :clap:

WS.....getting excited for opening day yet  ???

Z.....hope the parts don't take too long to arrive  :unsure:

FH4.....good luck in the field  :flex:

MrC.....think there will be more covid mandates coming as numbers keep climbing  :(

Got the lawn mowed yesterday, good thing since the rains moved in overnight  ::)  the boat guy called yesterday afternoon....she's ready to come home, so that's on the agenda for today   :clap: :thumbsup:  not sure when we'll get to try it out thanks to some rainy weather the next few days  :-\

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24826 on: Sep 22, 2021, 06:44 AM »
Good Morning ER;s   I skipped the long sleeve shirt and went right to a heavy coat LOL,

I had not pulled anything down from the loft in the storage shed, and just remembered I had sold the step ladder OOPS, will need to ask to borrow one from a neighbor .

WW That about the last time to mow the lawn ??? Shouldn't be long and  grasses go dormant ??? 

On the local news it was mentioned areas of frost think for tonight  :unsure: So now just waiting for daylight and hope to make a big dent in what I hope to accomplish today.  Thanks for all the get it done wishes.

will be checking in on break time.
Bud

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24827 on: Sep 22, 2021, 06:56 AM »
Frost? You lucky dog  :o It's supposed to dip into the upper 40s here tonight, and that will be our first sub-50 reading since the beginning of June here.

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24828 on: Sep 22, 2021, 07:01 AM »
IFF…..mowing lasts into November here  @)

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24829 on: Sep 22, 2021, 08:34 AM »
Good Morning ER's hope all are well. I found a new ion 10 inch auger cover for dirt cheap if anyone here needs one.

Offline badger132

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24830 on: Sep 22, 2021, 09:06 AM »
IFF: Good luck with the chores. Be careful on the ladder!

We mow until about October 15, half to pick up the leaves. At least we are nearing the end of irrigation season. That is the lions share of my electricity now that we are not heating or cooling.
Eddie: Glad your mom is discharged. Hope they all follow the rules to keep your mom safe.
We target perch here- they grow big since they restocked the lake about 15 or so years ago. I won the largest perch in the 2017 ice shanty tournament.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24831 on: Sep 22, 2021, 12:01 PM »
Daughter called to give me bad new, Jake got out and no where to be found they had driven theS neighbor hood for 2 hours.  Then before she got through telling me that he had pushed both doors open, here he comes, thirsty as all get out.

So guess he knows where home is  ;D  Told daughter to get a name tag on him with phone number.
Bud

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #24832 on: Sep 22, 2021, 09:52 PM »
Good evening scattered rain showers early in the day then sky cleared,weather guessers are calling for rain next two days. Two articles caught my eye in today's newspaper a 26 year old gentleman from neighboring Newburgh,NY. who was part of the Jan.6TH riot at Capital had his request to be released from prison until his trail starts denied. He is charged with attacking capitol police officers. In Covid related news  my county's legislature's rules committee was holding a vote today saying that some of the legislature is opposed to Covid vaccines mandates if the vote passes it goes onto full legislature for a vote results will be symbolic since the county can not overturn federal or state mandates. A group of county legislatures feel it is not the governments place to tell private employers that if they employ over one hundred people the employees must be vaccinated or submit to weekly testing.
IFF glad Jake came back home once you are settled in might be a smart idea to get him micro-chipped and have the chip number registered. I believe most vets and humane societies have chip readers and can look up the number on a national registry to find owners contact information. Is the snowmobile trailer going to be towed behind the RV or will your buddy transport it with his truck to Wisconsin.  Once again may you have a safe problem free trip.
Ice Wanderer in agreement the striper other fisherman caught was one the shook the hook on you nice of him to share some of the grilled fish with you and others at the hotel. may you be feeling no after effects from the yellow jacket sting . hope you can resolve the computer issues.
Eddie I assume a Covid test was given to your mother while she was  in the hospital and results were negative if not I would try to get her tested since one of the nursing home staff is infected. Best to you with the possible job for the sheriff's friend.
Zcm-28 good to hear new tire is now on your car. may the parts for your wife's car arrive quickly.
wallyworld I aggree about seeing more mandates sadly also means we will see more resistance to them when issued. May the auto-pilot system have no problems when you get to try it out on your next fishing trip.
Old goat may all be good with the family and you.
Badger132 I thought some species of trout would be the main target fish given your location. Nice that the lake restocking worked and you are catching good sized yellow perch on a regular basis.

Have a good night. Best to all fishing or hunting tomorrow.
 Steve

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24833 on: Sep 23, 2021, 05:52 AM »
Morning all,

IFF.....so glad to hear Jake returned home  :clap:

MrC.....all these fights over vaccines while so many people are dying, mind boggling  :wacko:

IW.....hope you haven't been invaded by gremlins  :whistle:

Eddie....seems you won't have any problem picking up work once you officially hang up the hardhat  ;)2

Got the boat home and tucked away, just waiting for a calm dry day to get her on the water and get all the configuration stuff set  ;)

Hard to tell the "babies" from the adults now

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24834 on: Sep 23, 2021, 06:08 AM »
68* and breezy.
ZCM, once we get across the bridge there is only about a mile of driving so not too bad.
IFF, glad Jake found his way home.
WW, we have been getting a lot of wind, mostly out of the South this end has been rolling for a few days.
My nephew had to put his GS pointer down this week. Judd was only 5 years old but has been having issues.
Hope everyone has a good day and stay well....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24835 on: Sep 23, 2021, 06:16 AM »
Well dang H2L sorry to hear about the GS only being a 5yr old

nap time till the store opens.
Bud

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24836 on: Sep 23, 2021, 06:25 AM »
Morning all, 53° and cloudy here. High for today is supppsed to be around 60. It only got down to 50 overnight, so not quite as cool as predicted. Low forecast for tonight is 45, so maybe we'll finally clip below 50. We ended up with about an inch of rain over a 36 hour period. We could have used quite a bit more, but it's a lot better than nothing. Still looking like fishing is done until ice time, though, because that only brought the river up a tick.

Parts are supposed to be here Friday, so hopefully he car will be road ready again on Saturday.  :thumbsup:

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #24837 on: Sep 23, 2021, 06:36 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Cloudy/windy and 67* on the Hill this am, some rain moving in this afternoon, high in the low 70’s today. Weather guessers calling for some heavy rains this evening, 1-2” by tomorrow morning.

Steve…yes, they tested my Mom at the hospital and the nursing home continues to do resident testing..so far no other cases reported, hopefully it stays that way.  :thumbsup:
  Bud…glad to read Jake made his way back home safe and sound, probably just out looking for a piece of tail is all.   ;D :thumbsup:  Have a safe ride Sir!
  Badger…thanks for sharing the picture, some real brutes in there! Congrats on the 2017 first place finish…how big was that perch?   :clap: :thumbsup:
  OG…sniffing out some good deals again…keep an eye out for some SM  6” blades again for me if you would!  Hope all is well and the casino has been giving back more $$.  ;D  :thumbsup:
  Z…good luck with the wheel cylinder, hope it goes smoothly.  :thumbsup: Looks like we’re going to get the rain you’ve been waiting for here…although I’ve been waiting for it also to get the salmon running.  ;D
  Wally…you and Mr.WW must be excited to try out the new autopilot…will be looking forward to your maiden voyage with that!   :thumbsup:  Read a report a few minutes ago, seems the rain got things going on the river yesterday…you may hear a horn honking early tomorrow morning.  ;D.
  H2…sorry to read about the nephew’s dog having to be put down, never easy.
  Jeff/Marv…hope you fellas have a great day today with whatever may be on the planner.   :thumbsup:

Got a message and a few pictures from one of my old coworkers last evening right around dinner time. He used some of the hot pepper jelly as a glaze, did pork chops on the grill. Said they turned out unbelievable…by the look of the pictures, they sure looked amazing. Guess what’s on the menu this evening.. ;D…got to try that out!
  Going to pull what’s left of the garden today and get the raised beds ready for planting garlic in the coming weeks…waiting for the first frost. Cawfee’s on…
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24838 on: Sep 23, 2021, 09:08 AM »
WW I'm sure the daughter was too.  They look like dinner to me.  Guess what I typed when H2L was posting got lost, Anyway what was going on at that time was I wanted to go to Home Depot and get some smaller boxes and hoped to  finish up packing and loading today.

Steve:  the trailer will be on the RV. 

Ok nap time over think I will be making the final push.

Bud

Offline badger132

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24839 on: Sep 23, 2021, 10:04 AM »
Eddie- It was 15 7/16" If you remember, the contest was based on length. I was the only one from this lake on Iceshanty in the tournament that year, and that day I was the only one I could see on the lake. I had to try and take a selfy of me, the fish, and the contest sheet for that year in a 30 MPH wind, so you can see that did not turn out well. Luckily they accepted it.
Since then there are many, many YouTube videos about the perch on that lake, and people have put it on their bucket list of places to be. The largest perch are even bigger- a guy from Wisconsin caught one in March that set a new state record- over 17 inches I believe. As you can see, it weighed over 3.2 pounds- probably half of that eggs.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.