Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1608630 times)

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #24180 on: Jul 26, 2021, 04:38 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  62* with a nice light breeze this am, high in the low to mid 80’s today.

Steve…yes, It was much more convenient for them to have the party reserving the pavilion at the park as they have pretty small house. A big plus was the playground for the children to stay entertained.   :thumbsup:
  Bud…that sucks about the transmission locking up, hope it’s only something minor with a switch or fuse. Glad you were able to get it working and make the voyage home!   :thumbsup:
  Z…glad to read the tornadoes missed your area, X2 on Steve’s reply!   :thumbsup:
  Marv…kind of anxious to start back in the game again today, but honestly not looking forward to wearing a hard hat again, lol. Hope the new camera card works out for you, will be looking forward to the next video or pictures!   :thumbsup:
  H2…glad your wife is having a great voyage…lobster bake shore lunch sure sounds great!  Hope the snake repellent works out for Lindsay.   :thumbsup:
  Jeff/Wally…hope you both have a wonderful day today!   :thumbsup:

Starting off with new work hours today…7-3:30, Doh! Hoping it won’t be one of the those jobs in the full sun all day. Time to get ready, thanks for the best wishes all. Cawfee’s on!   ;D
  Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24181 on: Jul 26, 2021, 04:46 AM »
Morning all,

Another quick hello today, heading back out in search of those Oneida eyes  :thumbsup: :clap:

Eddie.....best wishes on the new job  :flex: :thumbsup:

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #24182 on: Jul 26, 2021, 05:24 AM »

Good morning Eddie, WW, ER's,
                                 It's 62* and Clear here on my hill. ::)
                                 H2l..........Your a good dad, taking the snake away to Lindsay.  :thumbsup: I'm glad your wife is having a good time on her
                     voyage. A New England clam bake sure sounds good to me. :clap:
                                 Eddie.......I hope your new job goes well and you're not in the sun all day. :flex:
                                 Wally.......Thanks for the pictures of the bike ride, 150 bikes s a great turn out. :thumbsup: Have a good day on Oneida. :flex:
                     My wife and MIL are doing fine and both will be here on Wednesday. :clap:
                                 Marv........I hope the new cards do the trick, hopefully it's not the camera. :whistle:
                                 Bud.........I'm sorry to read about your shifter problems, hopefully it's a cheap fix. :unsure:
                                 Steve......I think we're in for another rain free day. :whistle:
                                 Zcm........Hopefully there wasn't to much damage from the tornados.  :unsure:
                                 Fish........I hope the fires are not threatening your area. :blink:
                                 The faucet job went well and the neighbors were pleased with the job I did.
                                 Today I have a couple of small projects to do around here.   
                                 I hope everyone has a good Monday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24183 on: Jul 26, 2021, 05:36 AM »
60* and foggy, I think it is going to get warm today.
IFF, that looks like a "fishing" machine.
WW, hope you have another good day on the water.
Wife said they had a good sail yesterday but it was wet. Today they sail back to port and tonight she is looking forward to a "real" hot shower and a "bigger" bed. Guess she wouldn't have made a good sailor. She did say the food has been great.
Have a good day and be well....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24184 on: Jul 26, 2021, 07:19 AM »
It sounds like less is going to around for today. Then  back to humidity for a few with 70's guessed for the week end with less with it. I can not get a break so the lawn is not to wet to mow.

The weather guesser was talking about another day with smoky skies. One time there was a fire in the Seney Wildlife Refuge in the UP. It was burning in the peat bogs so they had to let it burn out. When the wind was right we could smell the smoke half way down the lower peninsula.

More later with the Rest of the Story. Lowes just  called saying the will be here in a while with our new Fridge.

IFF I am hoping that the fix of the motorhome is not to expensive. Better yet that it is some thing you can figure out your self.  How many miles have you put on it since you bought it?
It is sad that your brother has dementia. I have known a few people that have had it and know they can be hard to deal with.

Eddie I am sure that you granddaughter will remember you teaching her that act of kindness for the rest of her life.
Hopefully the new job is not in the sun all day. Sadly most  masonry work is not in the shade.

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24185 on: Jul 26, 2021, 08:47 PM »
Well made it to pick up my MIL and got her back home seen Spencer and then came home and took the kiddos to the carnival man are those wrist bands expensive but just buying tickets would have cost me a fortune for the amount of rides the kids went on. They wanted 3 to 4 tickets per ride and the boy fell in love with the bumper cars and went on that one alone like 10 times. I think they only rode one ride once the others were at least twice with several going at least 4 times. Was fun for them. Then went fishing on Sunday and it slowed a bit but ended up with some and lost a few and threw back some little ones. But boy was it hot out there.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24186 on: Jul 26, 2021, 11:05 PM »
As yet haven't figured out the shift problem, and next will see about getting it to the experts.

Have I ever mentioned how much I hate to have to move. ??? Its got to be the worlds worse job.  But now faced with no other options.  So will just  have to as they say ""bite"" the bullet, and get on with it.
Bud

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #24187 on: Jul 27, 2021, 04:40 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Clear and 60* this am, high of 83 today with rain expected to move in later this afternoon.

Bud…good luck with the repair, hopefully it’s something you can do yourself…have never had that issue before sorry I can’t offer any advice. Moving is never is easy, just take it one day at a time.   :thumbsup:
  FH4…nice job on the catching!  :clap:  See the signs going up for the carnival coming in August here, almost afraid to ask what the wrist bands are going for, lol.
Glad the kids had a great time!   :thumbsup:
  Tom…we had early sun yesterday starting off, but by late morning we were lucky enough to have a mostly shaded work area as the temperatures were rising.   :thumbsup:
  H2…hope they had clear sailing back to port, good luck today if you’re heading out chasing walleyes!   :thumbsup:
  Jeff…very good news on your wife and MIL, glad the antibiotics worked out well for your wife!  Safe travels to them tomorrow!   :thumbsup:
  Wally…hope you had a great trip yesterday, will be looking forward to your report!   :thumbsup:
   Marv…hope you stayed hydrated being outside yesterday!  :thumbsup:

First day back with the tools went pretty well, a little rusty and a few aches and pains lol,  but that was to be expected. The foreman running the job is an old friend I’ve worked for quite a few years back, nice catching up on what has been going on since the days gone by.
  Running short on time, but will check in at break to see how everyone is doing…..Cawfee’s on!

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #24188 on: Jul 27, 2021, 04:47 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

75, back to the 90's by this afternoon with a heat index of 100. Tomorrow is supposed to be the hot one for the week with guessers claiming anywhere  from 95-104 ???

Bud....I am with you, moving sucks :%$#!:

IW....Good job on the faucet job  :thumbsup: I checked the camera card yesterday and only 8 videos, nothing to save. Either the critters are staying out of the sun or the camera isn't working right.

Eddie.....Hope your first day back went well, I bet waiting for 3:30 took forever. Best of luck on day 2 Sir :thumbsup:

WW....Hope your day on the water went well. What's the water temps? I have heard 79-81 here.

Not a lot going on today. Yesterday we had a visit from a little buddy. Shortly after the picture my wife went outside to throw some stuff in the garbage and this little guy came out of nowhere and ran up to her. Of course no phone for a picture, she just talked to if for while at about 10 feet. It finally corked out running around the yard, then back to the woods.

Hope you all have a good day :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #24189 on: Jul 27, 2021, 05:29 AM »

Good morning Eddie, Marv, ER's,
                              It's 61* and hazy sunny out. Haze probably due to the smoke from the western fires. ::)
                              Eddie..........I'm glad you got through the first day with just minor aches and pains. :flex: Any news on your trucks transmission
                   problem? ???
                              Marv...........It's probably the heat keeping the critters in the wood. :unsure: Nice picture of the little one. :thumbsup:
                              Bud............I feel for you, moving sucks......what to keep what to toss. :blink:
                              Fish............Our big town fire dept. had their annual fundraiser carnival last weekend, I didn't go but my #2 son took his kids
                   and he said it was expensive. :whistle:
                              Wally..........I'll be waiting for your fishing report. ;)2
                              Yesterday I got some things done around here, and my neighbor asked if I could check out his outside lights. I took my ladder ove
                   and the halogen bulbs were blown. So I suggested changing to LED's so this morning I'll be doing that.
                              I hope everyone has a good Tuesday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24190 on: Jul 27, 2021, 05:45 AM »
Morning all,

IFF......hope the shifter fix is a quick/inexpensive one   ;)  best wishes with the move, never easy  :-\

WS.....can't blame the critters for laying low in those temps  @)  cute little fella  :thumbsup:  water temp was around 75*

Eddie.....glad your 1st day back from "summer vacation" went well  :woot:

FH4......think fair prices everywhere skyrocketed this year, trying to make up for last year  :nono:

IW.....guess you're the neighborhood handy man  ??? :thumbsup:

H2L.....sleeping on the water doesn't sound too great  :sick: 

Didn't fill the box yesterday but did boat 6 eyes, 4 legal & 2 shorts and 1 perch  :thumbsup: 

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24191 on: Jul 27, 2021, 05:50 AM »
61* and going to be another sunny day.
Eddie, always nice to run into someone from the past. It will take a few days to get back into the swing of things.
No fishing today. Looking at Thursday. Lindsay and Amber are both off today so I am taking them up stream from the house and they are going to float back on tubes. I will watch the dogs.
WS, seems like we never have a camera when something like that happens.
Have a good day and be well...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24192 on: Jul 27, 2021, 06:19 AM »
Good Morning WW:

Keeping my fingers crossed, have a call into a diagnostic center for the shifter problem, in the mean time I will plug in my code reader and see if it gives me a clue where to look, one thing I'm not skilled at is checking modules that are part of the electrical system.  Will just have to wait and see.  Still holding out hope to be able to sell some things. via Estate, garage, yard sales.

One thing for sure is I need to make a list, and not forget where it is LOL.

My thoughts of fishing the local lake is going to have to give way to knuckling down to making this move.  The Fleetwood Max song keeps ringing in my head "Don't Stop thinking about tomorrow, Yesterday is gone"

Wakeup coffee time will check in when I need a break.
Bud

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24193 on: Jul 27, 2021, 06:24 AM »
IFF.....take pics of the things that you want to remember, but don't REALLY need to keep, then sell/donate/trash them  ;)2 

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24194 on: Jul 27, 2021, 06:26 AM »
Thanks Pat, good suggestion.
Bud

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24195 on: Jul 27, 2021, 07:17 AM »
Well looks to be the day of warm temps, looking towards another 100+ day here, but looking at the long term they are calling for some rain, I do not even know what that is anymore have not seen any for so long here it seems, but they are calling for 80 on Saturday what a relief that will feel like, everyone will be running around in jackets.  And the wrist bands were not bad at 35 bucks a piece, but with 3 kiddos it adds up.  But like I said I think tickets were 20 for 35 tickets and that would of lasted my boy about 5 minutes, so I think it was a good deal.  Well better get my mind back to working and not playing, getting ready for another trip out to Ohio to cover the vacation of the last man standing out there.  Have a great day and stay safe out of the heat these days, hopefully cooling off at the lake or something.

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24196 on: Jul 27, 2021, 10:11 AM »
Pulled my trail cam cards this morning....

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #24197 on: Jul 27, 2021, 10:39 AM »
 :clap: :clap: :clap:

Excellent pictures!

Thanks for sharing WW!

WS

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24198 on: Jul 27, 2021, 05:01 PM »
ah another zoo  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :clap: :clap:

So in trying to have the RV problem looked at,  the only Ford Dealer that would work on it is booked until November.  :cookoo: Got a date of August 10th in Boulder Colorado, not a ford shop, and they said they had never run into that problem before. :whistle: :woot:

Ford doesn't believe in labeling the fuses LOL and of course no owners manual.  Suspect its maybe one or both, loose wire connection, or blown fuse.  And or simply mechanical.  Maybe I should open a shop to work on such things ???

so for now hurry up and wait  :unsure: :whistle: Oh mobile Mechanic for inspection $95 and can be here tomorrow.
Bud

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #24199 on: Jul 27, 2021, 06:17 PM »
Is it too new school to be a screwed up or bent shift linkage rod?i had that on my dodge and had to have someone push on the brake while disconnected the linkage and I manually put the transmission in drive.scary stuff waiting for the truck to run me over while underneath it.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #24200 on: Jul 27, 2021, 09:18 PM »
Good evening dry day here with a high in the upper eighties thankfully the humidity level was under sixty percent. My Local airport is adding Frontier airlines to it's list of service providers starting some time in the Fall Frontier will run flights to the Florida cities of Orlando,Miami and Tampa-ST.Petersburg a few days each week with 3 -4 flights per day. Hopefully there will be enough usage so Frontier might over other flights at a future date. Currently the majority of service providers offer few direct flights usually have to transfer at least once to reach your destination.
Eddie hope your body is adjusting to being back at work and any soreness is temporary.
Wallyworld congratulations on the walleyes. thank you for posting the photos of doe and fawns plus the turkeys in your yard.
Ice Wanderer guessing you are the neighborhood handyman glad the faucet install was problem free may it have been a similar story with the outside lighting. Good that you and Son#2 found reason for drainage problem and have a plan to correct the problem. Safe travel for your wife and MIL good to read both are enjoying better health of late.
Hunts2long I assume the beds on the schooner are twin size or slightly smaller so a night in a hotel room with a larger bed and shower was a treat for your wife. may she have good weather for the rest of her trip.I hope your daughters had a fun tubing trip today.
tom Turkey may the new fridge be up and running and provide many years of good service. Nice to read you had a short break from the high temperatures and humidity.
Fish/hunt4ever Carnivals,fairs and amusement parks have never been cheap places to visit  glad your children had a fun time. Congratulations to you on your catch. May all go well when you head back to Ohio and during your time spent in that state.
Whopper Stopper thank you for the photo ,little concerned about the fawn being comfortable around people.
IFF sorry that it may be a long wait tog et the RV looked at and repaired. Maybe give Ebay a look and see if anyone is selling the owners or service manuals for the vehicle.
OldSailor may your doctor have found a medication that helps you deal with your hip pain until your upcoming surgery date. may all be good for you and your family.
Icefisher-45,Capt.JIM similar sentiments to you gentlemen and your families as to OldSailor.

Everyone stay safe and healthy.
 Steve

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24201 on: Jul 27, 2021, 09:28 PM »
Bud I found many people have had this issue. Google it. One person said turn key one position then see if you can get it in neutral to start. Anyway it is tied in with something small electrical.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24202 on: Jul 27, 2021, 11:17 PM »
Dennis right that's what I discovered, turning the key to its wither off or close to it, it releases, so hope to get the hazard lights and dash lights back on.

Got handed another surprise the hospital via a Florida collection agency has filed with a court for unpaid bill(s) to the tune of 18K plus, that was termed as final billing for her hospital stay, which was covered by Medicare.  Guess that means they are trying to attach the estate, or house ???  at any rate never received any bill/bills and now almost a year after her passing. :cookoo: :%$#!:  :nono:

My beautiful lady, Mother's Day 2020

Bud

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #24203 on: Jul 28, 2021, 04:30 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Happy Hump Day!  ;D
  Cooler weather moving in here today, 60* and cloudy at the moment, high of 71.

Bud…did you try typing in your RV’s VIN # and try pulling up the fuse box diagram on line, might be worth a shot.  The billing from the hospital sounds awful fishy, might be best to get right on that immediately. Best of luck with them both today!   :thumbsup:
   OG/Doc…hope you fellas are doing well.   :thumbsup:
  Steve…adjusting a little better each day, thanks!   :thumbsup:
  Wally…congrats to you and Mr.WW, nice job with the walleyes! Thanks for sharing all the pictures.. :clap: :thumbsup:
  FH4…some crazy hot weather hanging around out there, hope you all get a break soon!  :thumbsup:
  Marv…excellent story about your wife and the Bambi, hope it sticks around the house for awhile !   :clap: :thumbsup:
  Jeff…hope the lighting went well yesterday!  Safe travels for your wife and MIL today. :thumbsup:

Day 2 went pretty good less a detail the foreman overlooked on the prints. Caught it around coffee break and the first 2 hours of our work had to come down unfortunately…at least the mortar was still green and didn’t require a chipping gun. Everything back on track now…I think.  ;D
  That time again…Cawfee’s on!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #24204 on: Jul 28, 2021, 04:34 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                                  It's 60* and and cloudy here on my hill. ::)
                                  Bud........I think the hospital is trying to double dip. :cookoo: :%$#!: Good luck with the shifter issue. :whistle:
                                  Wally......Nice pictures, the last one I thought that the swings were tied up so animals would get caught up in them. But
                       noticed when I enlarged the picture they were bird feeders, good use of an old swing set. :flex: :clap: :bow:
                                  Eddie.....It's nice that the foreman is an old working friend, it's always good to be on the right side of the foreman. :thumbsup:
                                  H2l........Most beds on sailing ships are bunks, a built in with a mattress, not a lot of give. :blink: I'm glad she is enjoying the trip. :thumbsup:
                                  Steve.....The light installed didn't go as easily as I thought it would. the guy that put the the old ones up didn't have a electrical box under
                       the cover. :cookoo: He just ran the wires through a block of wood and screwed the light mounting plate to the wood. So I had to run to town and got
                       two surface boxes to do the job. You should have heard the words out of my mouth. :%$#!: :%$#!:
                                  Fish........I hope you get some rain soon, enjoy the 80* temps. :clap: Have a safe trip to Ohio. :thumbsup:
                                  OS.........I hope the dr. has given you something for the pain. :unsure:
                                  Tom.......I'm glad to read that you got a brake in the temps. :thumbsup:
                                  After I finished the neighbors light job, I had to do some cleaning here for my wife and MIL return today.
                                  Today I have an appointment at the VA hospital with my diabetic tech in Albany.
                                  I hope everyone has a good Wednesday, Hump Day either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24205 on: Jul 28, 2021, 04:47 AM »
Morning all,

Another quick hello before hooking the boat up and hitting the road  :thumbsup:  Got to take advantage of any dry/calm day Mother Nature sends our way  ;)2

Online Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #24206 on: Jul 28, 2021, 05:12 AM »
Morning all,

Another quick hello before hooking the boat up and hitting the road  :thumbsup:  Got to take advantage of any dry/calm day Mother Nature sends our way  ;)2

Good luck WW.
There’s going to be 250 bass boats out with the Bass master open….
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24207 on: Jul 28, 2021, 05:14 AM »
Raq.....thanks for the heads up  :bow:   all those fools were there at the launch Monday morning too, you know.....the ones that OWN the launch  :%$#!: :nono: >:(

Online Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #24208 on: Jul 28, 2021, 05:22 AM »
I use to be one of those “fools”    @) ;D
 I only do 2 or 3 smaller ones a year now..    ;)
 The traveling and expenses became to much.
 Even though I did make some money and have boxes of trophies out in the garage.. ::)
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24209 on: Jul 28, 2021, 05:29 AM »
Sorry, nothing personal my friend  :pinch: ;)2

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.