Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1607621 times)

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #24120 on: Jul 19, 2021, 08:58 PM »
Good evening received more rain this morning by noon things started to dry out and the sun made an appearance in the late afternoon weather guessers say i will get a break tomorrow then I believe chance of more rain.
Wallworld i hope you had a good day at the lake looking forward to your report.
Ice Wandererer may the new Nissen Rouge serve your wife's transportation needs well for several years glad the dealership had one in stock.
Whopper Stopper nice that you are semi-retired and can pick and choose your tree jobs and do not have to bee out in the high temperatures. How did things go at the gun range.
Hunts2long think many of us here in the North East are looking for a few sunny days in a row at this time.
Zcm-28 may the fog have lifted by the time you had to leave your home and head to work. nice that you have an auto mechanic in the family who charges you a reasonable rate on repairs.
Eddie i think many areas in NY. might set new July rain fall records. Nice that you got to spend some time with Emerson yesterday. Congratulations on the new job.  :clap: :clap:
IFF good to read you arrive safely at your niece's in Olympia. Nice that you and your brother got to visit with several different family members on your trip.
Fish/Hunt4ever may you see a break from those high temperatures soon along with some rain to help with all the wild fires in your part of the country.
Drifter any updates on the problem bear? may the weather be allowing you to complete this year's cabin project plus get in some fishing.

May everyone have a safe and good night.
 Steve

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #24121 on: Jul 20, 2021, 04:28 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                         It's 64* and clear here on my hill, a decent day is the forecast. ::)
                         Steve..........We lucked out yesterday weather wise, only a brief shower las evening around 7 pm but I could hear thunder
                north of me. :whistle:
                         Wally...........I'll be waiting of your fishing report. :clap:
                         Marv...........It's not fun being cooped up inside in the summer heat but I bet it beats being up in a bucket leaning out trying
                to cut branches sweating your butt off. lol :roflmao: :thumbsup:
                          H2l............Is the lake still rising from all the rain draining to the GSL? ???
                          Bud...........You sure are racking up a lot of miles in the RV, I hope it's holding up. :unsure:
                         Eddie..........I hope your garden is doing OK with all the rain, mine isn't to bad, I've got good drainage. :flex:
                         Fish............Like Marv, I hope you see some relief from the heat. :whistle:
                         Zcm...........It's nice that you have a cousin that is a mechanic. :thumbsup:
                         Dave..........You've been awfully quiet, I hope you atre getting things done on the cabin? ???
                         I-45...........I hope all is going well for you and your wife? ???
                         Well my wife got her new car, it has so many bells and whistles. the things they put in them is mind boggling.
                         Today I'll have to mow the lawn again, I can't believe how fast it grows with all the rain.
                         I hope everyone has a good Tuesday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24122 on: Jul 20, 2021, 06:17 AM »
63* and foggy.
Eddie, congrats on the job.
IFF, glad you made it.
IW, the creeks are still running pretty good. I think the issue is all the rain they are getting below Albany and they are keeping the gates closed. It can go down pretty fast.
Saw a pretty nice buck in the yard last night.
Have a good day and be safe....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #24123 on: Jul 20, 2021, 06:33 AM »
Good Morning Jeff, H2, Morning Everyone,
  65* and partly cloudy here this am, high of 82 today with a chance of showers this afternoon.

Jeff…it turned out to be a pretty nice day here yesterday as well. Checked my rain gauge after the rain stopped, almost 3/4” from Sunday into yesterday morning. Pulled all my garlic yesterday and have that curing,  cucumbers and squash are doing good, peppers and tomatoes not doing so good. Mowing on the list here today also. Sounds like a new learning curve will be taking place with car..so many different features these days!   :thumbsup:
  H2…thought for sure you’d be bouncing some jigs today with this nicer weather…best of luck next trip out!  :thumbsup:
  Steve…listening to the local news last evening, the weatherman said we only had 2 days this month without rain so far… :cookoo:
  FH4…feel for all you people out West getting hammered with the relentless heat…hope you see a break soon!   :thumbsup:
  Bud…glad you had safe travels, sounds like you’ve been having great time…continue on!!  :clap: :thumbsup: :bow:
  Wally…hope the fishing trip went well for you and Mr.WW!   :thumbsup:
  Marv…hope your day went well yesterday!   :thumbsup:

Thank you for the congrats on the new job, still waiting on a start date.  :thumbsup:   No luck finding another shop available yesterday to do a diagnostic test and had to reschedule today’s appointment for Thursday unfortunately.
  Like Jeff mentioned, the grass is growing like crazy with all this rain. Just waiting for the dew to burn off and getting that under control again, lol.
  Cawfee’s on…
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24124 on: Jul 20, 2021, 06:50 AM »
Morning all,

Eddie......congrats on the new job  :thumbsup: hope it works out well for you  ;)2

IW.....glad MrsIW found a new ride she liked  :clap:

H2L....fingers crossed MrsH2 has good weather for her adventure  @)

WS.....hope you had a good time at the range  :flex:

MrC.....hope you get a dry day  :whistle:

IFF....glad to hear you've reached a stopping zone for a few days  :roflmao:  how's the cough/pneumonia  ???

A beautiful day on Lake Ontario yesterday, no rain just hazy sunshine (thanks to Canada;s wildfires) and just enough breeze to keep the bugs away  :thumbsup:  the bite was slow to say the least  :(  had a couple light bites that never hooked up and boated this 20" juvenile king to beat the skunk

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24125 on: Jul 20, 2021, 08:43 AM »
Good morning ER's 

Jeff the RV is due for another oil change, Thanks for the reminder, I've put 20,000 miles on it since November, so far so good. At todays prices I hate the thought of having anything break down, or have to replace the tires.  So far only have the outside shower hose crap out and picked up a metal one to replace the plastic one.  Faced with having to cash out and find a place to move into/on to.  The oldest daughter suggests I buy the Grand Daughters house that is close to her in Wisconsin (Beloit) that is in need of having the remodel finished on its interior, which is pretty much gutted.  .052 acres has a walk out basement, a 24x28 newer detached garage. Best part is the price.  $40K Its vacant, and since her and family now live in South Carolina haven't been able to fix it or rent it out in its present condition.  My guess is it was built in the 40's From the pictures the daughter sent me don't think there is anything I couldn't finish by myself.  Now just have to get on back and unload my house in Denver.  This  would be hard to pass up ??? right ???

Pat:  yes all over the sniffles/coughs. Thank you

basement area

Bud

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #24126 on: Jul 20, 2021, 04:04 PM »
Good afternoon/ dang near evening :bow:

87 degrees, should be able to squeeze out a 90. The long range 7 day is 90's with no rain ???

mr.clean....the range time went well. With the component shortage being what it is, a lot of people aren't sitting on as much as I am. Something to be said for being a hoarder I guess. The last 10x I have went, I've had the place to myself.

IW...I don't miss the summer grind of the old job at all. I talked to one of the guys I used to work with today and he said most days somebody ends up throwing up from the heat ???

WW....Nice fish Congratulations :clap: :clap:

Bud.... the house looks perfect. Good price and you being a handyman it looks like a winner:thumbsup:

I checked out a tree job today. I told the guy I would do it if he can wait for a break in the heat, he said whenever I want just come do it.

Hope you are all having a good day :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep hydrated.

WS

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #24127 on: Jul 20, 2021, 08:41 PM »
 Good evening ,dry sunny day believe it reached the middle eighties tomorrow back to chance of rain . Going to be noisy here at the condo complex for the next two days tree company coming to clear power lines and due trimming on tress the former border/buffer around three sides of the complex. My local paper has a daily history on this date column back in 1969 Neil Armstrong and Edwin "Buzz" Aldrin made the first moon walk.
Ice wanderer glad you had some good weather yesterday one of my sister's friends has a vacation home in the lake George area they were there last week and had mostly rain every day. You and your wife have fun learning all of the features on her new vehicle.
Hunts2long please help me with the geography I believe the Sacandaga river feeds into the Mohawk or Hudson rivers so think you are correct about the gates on GSL being closed or only partly open due to all the recent rain fall in the mid and lower Hudson Valley region of NY. May the buck visit your hunting area this coming deer season.
Eddie hopefully the tomatoes and peppers come back so you can make some jelly and sauce. May Thursday's diagnostic test on the truck find out if an electrical issue is causing the transmission problem.
Wallyworld thank you for the photo congratulations on catching the king salmon. Good to read you had nice weather while out on the waters of Lake Ontario.
IFF i assume the remodel on your granddaughter's house include some of the mechanical systems so any possible electrical/plumbing issues were found and corrected. Nice looking place best to you if your purchase the home. good to read the RV has held up to all of your traveling.
Whopper Stopper keep up on all the hot weather safety precautions when outside during the heat wave. glad you had a good time at the gun range and are well stocked on the ammo. your various firearms use so you can target prctice. Nice score on the tree job and being able to due it once you have lower temperatures. when due you plan on doing your yearly work at the gun range. May all of your former coworkers get through the heat wave without any major medical problems.
Icefisher-45 ditto Eddie's words may all be good with your wife and you.
capt.jim may all be going wel for you out there in Kansas.

Everyone be careful when out in the heat and humidity. may those of you in the Western and Rocky Mountain states receive some of the needed rain to help with the wild fires and drought. stay healthy and safe.
 Steve

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #24128 on: Jul 20, 2021, 11:37 PM »
Haven'tbeen getting a whole lot done at the cabin. If I go too hard I'm down for the count for a couple of days. My day trips into town to resupply have me down and out for the next 2 days.    >:(
Took a buddy fishing for few hours yesterday and didn't do much of anything today.

Took 2 weeks to get the rear gable on the porch roof sheathed and sided.
Still have to caulk it and disassemble the scaffolding.

Time to get the flooring underlayment in now.

The bear hasn't been seen for 9 days now. I think it moved on. It started to show a healthy fear of people after being shot at a couple of times. I did notice that at some point he had his grubby paws on my dining room window and scratched it up pretty good.   >:(

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24129 on: Jul 21, 2021, 04:38 AM »
Good Morning ER's Kind of a lazy day for me, took brother into town to get a hair cut, and grocery shopping, and of course completely forgot 2 items I was going to pickup at Walmart :cookoo: :cookoo: Did manage to get the oil changed on the RV though.  watched some old series of Battle star Galactica which first aired 2003

Was told smoke from Oregon wild fire made it all the way to NY again  :cookoo:

Plan for supper tonight is using some Halibut that I recently caught for Fish & Chips

Nephew was rubbing it in about having caught 3 nice Steelhead yesterday.

Dave bummer on Yogi messing up your window. Hope you can work at a desired pace on what you want to get done next.

Marv, Nice the tree job is one you can tackle when you feel like doing it, 

Found a text from daughter saying a dumpster would be in order as all the demo from the remodel of the house is still waiting to be removed.  I might feel like Capt-Jim and his trips from NJ, when it comes to moving all my gotta keep stuff, moving it from Denver to Wisconsin.  :unsure: :whistle: Three vehicles, 2 boats, and possibly a trail of some sort for any furniture  :unsure: Might have to kidnap a Grandson to help drive one if he's not working.

I must be part night owl LOL ok time to let the dark spell pass and get off my feet, and find my pillow

Take care all

Bud

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #24130 on: Jul 21, 2021, 05:18 AM »

Good morning Bud, Dave, ER's,
                           It's 60* and mostly clear. ::)
                           Dave........I'm sorry to read that you are still experiencing some fatigue after doing some work on the cabin. :( My son, who had
                 covid doesn't have a lot of ambition to work, but has no choice but to push through each day. :flex:
                          Bud...........That's a nice looking little place, and the price is right. :thumbsup:
                          Wally.........Nice catch, they are a beautiful fish. :clap:
                          Marv.........Good score on the tree job, it's good that the homeowner is letting you wait till the weather breaks. :flex:
                          Eddie........I hope the diagnostic on Thursday comes out something simple. :unsure: 
                          H2l...........Another 1/2" of rain yesterday, more to add to the lake. :whistle: I hope you can take advantage of some nice weather coming
                 in the next couple of days and get a trip in. :thumbsup:
                          While I was waiting for the grass today, i took a ride over to a friends and got to talking a lttle to long, when I got home I started mowing
                 and only got the front done when it started to rain, so I'll have to finish today. My wife is heading to her mother's this morning.
                          I hope everyone has a good Wednesday either at wor or out. Stay safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24131 on: Jul 21, 2021, 05:58 AM »
Morning all 62° and heavily foggy here again, heading for a high around 80. Looking like tomorrow will be the last pleasant day here, because we'll be creeping up around 90 after today for a while. I can't complain about the temps... overall this summer hasn't been particlarly warm here, just super wet, and it looks like we're finally done with rain for a while. You know how the forecasts are, though, so we'll see.  ::)

Haven't been able to hit the river this week, got me training to fill in for our logistics clerk while she is on vacation next week because here assistant quit without notice last Friday. Of course, I still have to get all my work done, too, so instead of getting home by 215-230pm like usual, it's been more like 4-5pm, and the motivation to load the boat up and go has been nil by that point. The OT will certainly look nice next payday though... silver linings  ;D

IFF - congrats on the house, gotta love that price. Beloit is a nice are, been through there many times in the past. Chilly enough to do some ice fishing in the winter, but usually not bone shattering cold, either.

Drifter - glad to hear the bear issues are over. At least it didn't crack or break the glass pawing around the sill.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24132 on: Jul 21, 2021, 06:57 AM »
62* and mostly clear.
WW, glad you were able to keep the skunk out of the boat.
IFF, house is a nice size and most of the tear out is done and the price sounds good for these days.
Mr. C, below the dam it flows into the Hudson. We have had a lot of rain but even more has fell South of the area. We did get some heavy rains last night to the North which will all end up in the lake. Lake came up 6" in the last 24 hours. It is less than 3 feet from going over the spillway.
Drifter, sorry to hear that the body doesn't recover as fast as it use too.
IW, as I told Mr. C, we got some pretty good rain last evening.
Have a good day and be well...h2l

Lindsay and I are fishing on Thursday, we will see if we can find them, the lake has gotten much bgger....lol
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24133 on: Jul 21, 2021, 07:17 AM »
Morning all,

MrC.....glad you had some nice weather yesterday  :thumbsup:  it was extremely humid here again  ::)

H2L.....good luck tomorrow  :)  who gets the "lucky" rod  ???

Drifter.....sorry you're still struggling with endurance/recovery issues  :( 

WS.....nice that not everyone demands their project get done ASAP, especially when you're dealing with high temps/humidity  :clap:

IW.....the rain sure did hit fast and hard yesterday, another 3/4" in about 10 minutes  :wacko:  safe travels to MrsIW  :)

Eddie.....fingers crossed there's no electrical issues with the truck  :-\

IFF.....glad you're over the cough  :thumbsup:  can't beat the price of the house, especially since you're a "do it yourself" kind of guy  ;)2

Had a short check presentation last night from the bike club & FD to the Believe 271 organization.....after all the bills were paid the benefit ride cleared $4600  :thumbsup: :clap:  biggest donation in the 7 years of the ride  :clap:  :thumbsup:

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24134 on: Jul 21, 2021, 07:47 AM »
Sounds like the charity bike ride went really well, congrats on that one.

Looking at another hot dry day here and the fire danger just keeps getting higher and higher.  Have a good day everyone, will check in later and see how everyone is doing.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #24135 on: Jul 21, 2021, 08:34 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

61 degrees for the time being. It sounds like the smoke from the Canadian wildfires will help to keep things under 90 today. The bad news is there is an air alert if you have to go outdoors.

Dave....sorry to read you are still being plagued. Bet wishes you can finally get over the crap :thumbsup:

IW....hope you can get the lawn finished today :thumbsup: I have to go out and whack some bull thistles and nettles that are sprouting up on my little Mojave Desert I call a lawn.

WW....Excellent news on the benefit ride :clap: :clap:

h2l.....best of luck to you both on tomorrows fishing trip :thumbsup:

I am off to the range for a couple hours then have some errands to take care of.

Hope you all have a good day :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24136 on: Jul 21, 2021, 08:38 AM »
Mid 60's to start the day. Headed to the 90's again next week. At least the smoke from the wild fires in the west and Canada have lessened the suns intensity. That is all one of the head guessers has talked about for days. I need to ask him if he can find out what year it was when we had brown snow in western Michigan back in the 50's. It came from a big dust storm in Texas.

It took the wife to a bone density clinic yesterday. The doctor said she was laid off for two months last year. She remarked on my back brace when she saw it. I showed her how it worked and she was impressed.

IFF I thought of Capt. Jim and his many trips he made when he moved. I knew you would be having to do the same thing when you were planning on moving.

The house next  door to us has sold. They are downsizing from 3'000 SF to 1'000. The woman told the wife they are going to have a sale to get rid of stuff. She said that the wife could come over before they have the sale. No way will I go over as I have no use for her husband.

I played Marv the other day. I went to the neighbor on the other side with my pole saw so the gal did not have to worry about hitting the limbs on a white pine when she backed her motor home into the yard. Shortly after she and her husband moved in she came home to find her husband had passed away. She is a good neighbor so I have no problem helping her out. I still need to take the rest of the tree down but that can wait.

The wife's knee pain is way better. Now it is her back that is the problem. Between her  physical therapist and her working on her leg the swelling is going down.

Time to get on the move and see if I can get something done before it heats up

Every one have a good day.

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #24137 on: Jul 21, 2021, 08:50 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Lost the first post, hopefully this one gets through.
  63* and cloudy this am, chance of showers this afternoon, high of 71 today. We picked up another 1/2” of rain here also with yesterday’s and last evening’s rain. Some of the severe weather blowing through just missed our area again…no complaints here!

H2…best of luck tomorrow fishing with Lindsay, hope the lucky fishing pole hasn’t lost its touch!   :thumbsup:
  Z…good luck with the double duties, the OT will help make up for the fishing with a nice fat paycheck!  :thumbsup:
  Jeff…safe travels to your wife, hope she enjoys the new car! Keeping my fingers crossed with tomorrow’s diagnostic test it’s just something minor with the electrical.   :thumbsup:  Saw on the news there were some pretty severe storms up around your and H2’s areas yesterday.
  Bud…nice looking house, great price…I hope everything works out for you!  :thumbsup:  Understand the smoke has reached the Baltimore area now from those fires.
  Dave…sorry to read that bear left his mark and you’re still having problems getting your strength back from that damn virus. I’m sure you know your limits, good things take time…don’t overdo it! That’s good news the bear hasn’t been around for awhile, hopefully it stays that way.   :thumbsup:
  Steve…finally looks like a few nicer days in a row of weather here starting today, keeping the fingers crossed that will bring some of the garden back to life,  it’s in pretty rough shape at the moment.  :thumbsup:  Thanks for sharing the history on the first moon landing….brought back memories of sitting in grade school and watching it on a tv our teacher had setup for the class. Believe Walter Cronkite was giving the play by play.  ;D
  Wally…CONGRATULATIONS to your club and all the riders on the benefit ride, hope the momentum carries on… fantastic!!  :bow: :clap: :thumbsup:  Also congrats to you and Mr.WW on your trip, glad you had a nice day out on the big lake and beat the skunk…thanks for sharing the picture!  :clap:
  Marv…congrats on landing another tree job, hopefully you see some comfortable weather soon in your neck of the woods! Must have been nice having the whole range to yourself….how were you hitting?   :clap: :thumbsup:

Got my lawn work completed yesterday, still leaving tractor tracks in some areas, but it is what is, lol.
  We’ve been watching a doe and her fawn come out on neighbors property for about the last 2 weeks, they’re usually out about 7:30pm. Unfortunately, last evening around 9pm, we heard a pretty loud bang and the doe got whacked by a car. The neighbor called us after the sheriffs department to report the accident as the doe was out in the middle of the road still alive but in rough shape. The vehicle that hit it kept on going apparently.
  Before I made it out of the house, another similar bang, guy driving a truck didn’t see her in the road until the last minute and you know the rest of the story..what a mess. A fairly young sheriff shows up a few minutes later and he’s like totally not into having to deal with what is laying in the road. So I went and grabbed some rope from the house and we got her off to the side of the road. Sadly, while we’re doing this, we can hear the fawn calling for the momma. Have been looking to see if the little one has been out near the road, but haven’t seen it yet, I know it’s close by.
  Now to try and explain it to my 5 year old granddaughter who has been watching them with us each evening..just a simple pleasure taken away unfortunately.
Oh well, hopefully the little fawn makes it through with another doe.   Cawfee’s still on…

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24138 on: Jul 21, 2021, 10:07 AM »
Good Morning, again.  Realtor friend just called had talked to her last night, she called to see if I could move  :flex: a dinning room table with my pickup, she didn't realize I am not in town  :whistle: will take care of that once I am back.

WW that's awesome about the bike ride.  :thumbsup: :clap:

Eddie yeah bummer on your orphan hope it can get along on its own now.

Dave oh I thought you were over the affects of the rona, Hang in there.  Slow and steady sounds like good advice
now time for a wake up coffee. was down to 51 when I posted last. now its up to 56 heading to 72 and back into the 80's by friday for this area.  Maybe these cooler temps will find their way east.
Bud

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #24139 on: Jul 21, 2021, 09:40 PM »
3:30 this afternoon I decided I wanted trout for dinner. Went down to my local 115 hp trout catching vehicle and got a nice 4#'er for dinner. :)

Weather'smoving in overnight and it will be raining for the next couple of days.
Time for inside work.  ;)

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #24140 on: Jul 21, 2021, 10:07 PM »
Good evening brief thunderstorm moved through my area around midday otherwise not a bad day with a high temperature around eighty. I received a phone call shortly after 8AM from our property management company say cars still needed to be moved so the tree company could work any car not moved would be towed we go through the same thing with snow removal.
Drifter congratulations on catching the trout and enjoying a fresh fish dinner. Sorry to hear you are still recovering from your bout with Covid-19 pace yourself and listen to your body when doing the various cabin projects. Good to hear the problem bear appears to have moved on to another area to bad about the damage to your dining room window.
Ice Wanderer may your wife trip to Vermont have been a good test of the new car. Lately it seems folks have to work around the rain to get any outside jobs completed.
Zcm-28 hang in there the work week is almost over to bad you got stuck doing two jobs this week.
Hunts2long best to you and Lindsay tomorrow. thank you for answering my question on the Sacandaga river.
Wallyworld good to hear a new record donation was sent by this year's charity bike ride. :clap: :clap: may you pass five thousand dollars next year.
Fish/hunt4ever may any wildfires stay away from your home.
Whopper Stopper may the smoke from the Canadian fires not get to bad in your area and limit people's time spent outside.
Tomturkey good to read your wife's knee pain has improved may her back start feeling better. Best to your neighbor's with the moving sale and their relocation to a new smaller home.
IFF all the best to you if you decide to purchase your grand daughter's house.
Eddie sorry to hear about your garden. i hope your granddaughter is not to upset about the doe being killed may her fawn survive without it's mother.

have a good night.
 Steve

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #24141 on: Jul 22, 2021, 04:58 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                            It's 56* and clear except I can see a little haze from the smoke coming from the west as the sun is rising. ::)
                            H2l...........I hope you and Lindsay have a good day out on GSL. :thumbsup:
                            Eddie........That is a sad thing that happened to the Doe, I'm sure the fawn will get together with some deer. :( I'm lucky here that
                   I have good drainage in my yard. :flex:
                            Marv.........One year we had a fire near here and when the wind was blowing toward my place, the smoke was unbearable. :%$#!: I hope
                   it get better soon. :unsure:
                            Dave.........There is nothing better and fresher than going out catching your dinner. :thumbsup:
                            Wally.........That's a good sum of money your club donated, congratulations. :clap: :flex: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :bow:
                            Tom...........Good job helping the woman cutting her branches. :thumbsup: Well just think the neighbor is guy you can't stand is moving. :clap:
                            Zcm...........Hey a little OT never hurts once in a while. :flex:
                            Fish...........I'm not familiar with your area but if you have a lot of trees around your home, it might be a good time to thin some out if the fire
                   moves your way. :unsure:
                            Yesterday my temporary bridge became loose so I went to the dentist and she said that my gums were healed up enough to take the final
                   impression for my permanent bridge, so that's done and hopefully next week that will be ready. Then I came home and finished mowing my lawn.
                            Today I have to pick up my grandkids, and I got a message from one of their friends mother saying tat they had invited their friend over and
                   wanted to know if it was OK. So I'll be watching 3 kids today.
                            I hope everyone has a good Thursday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW   

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24142 on: Jul 22, 2021, 05:55 AM »
Morning all... 65° and foggy again, with a forecast high of 84 and partly cloudy by afternoon.

mr.clean - I asked the boss if I'd get double pay for doing double jobs; he wasn't amused  ;D

Had a bit of an oopsie last night. I was gonna load some 308s for a buddy of mine with materials he supplied. Got the brass all tumbled, went to size the first casing and blew the decapper right up through the die... turns out they're friggin brass washed steel 😬 I'd never come across that before, or even knew it existed. The expander ball got trashed, so 308s will be on hold until I order a new decapper/expander pin for the die.

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #24143 on: Jul 22, 2021, 06:00 AM »
Good Morning Jeff, Z, Morning Everyone,
  59* with a nice light breeze this am, plenty of sunshine forecasted, high of 73.

Jeff…good news on the gums healing up and the new bridge on the way!  :clap:  Hope the grandpa duties go well today for you.  :thumbsup: 
  Steve…hopefully the tree work around the complex goes fairly quick and finding a parking spot isn’t too much of a problem.  :thumbsup:
  Dave…nice job on the dinner, tough to beat a fresh catch!  :clap:  Good luck with the indoor work, hope the flooring is coming along well for you.  :thumbsup:
  Tom…best wishes for your wife, hope the back pains are easing up.  :thumbsup:
  H2…best of luck out on the reservoir with Lindsay, will be looking forward to your report!   :thumbsup:
  Marv…did you have that big azz pistol out barking on the range yesterday?  ;D  :thumbsup:  Hope your day went well…stay hydrated!
  Wally…any fishing plans or bike rides planned?   :thumbsup:

Have a 9am appointment for the diagnostic test this morning, hoping for the best. Talked to the mechanic doing it yesterday and went over a few things I want tested/inspected. Will be there while it’s taking place so at least I’ll have some piece of mind those things are checked.
  Well, time to ready for the days events, lol….Cawfee’s on!

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24144 on: Jul 22, 2021, 06:13 AM »
Morning all,

IW......at least you'll be able to get the grandkids outside to play today, have fun  :clap:

MrC.....hope all the tree trimming goes quickly with no problems  ;)

H2L.....good luck today, fingers crossed the bite is on  ;)2

Eddie.....hope the tests give you the results you're looking for  ;)  sorry to hear about the doe  :'(

FH4.....those wildfires are some scary sights  :o  stay safe

TT.....hope MrsTT can get some relief from the back pain  :-\

WS.....there has been air quality alerts here also on the hot, humid days due to the wildfires, crazy how far the smoke travels  :blink:

Drifter.....congrats on the catch  :flex:

ZCM.....a few extra $$ in the paycheck is always nice  :whistle:

Looks like a mowing day here today  @)  Fishing on the agenda for tomorrow  :thumbsup:

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24145 on: Jul 22, 2021, 08:36 AM »
Well sounds like we almost had a forest fire about an hour west of us, up in the hills where I hunt a little bit but just a little west of where my brother hunts.  A tree got hit by lightning and the fire stayed at that tree and the fire fighters got in there and put it out, almost too bad as the beetle kill trees in that area are bad and a burn might be good or it.  Where I live we are trying to grow some trees, but what we have is worse for fires as it is sage brush and grass which burns hat and fast so we keep that away from the house as much as possible.  Stay safe in this heat or wet weather have a good almost end of the week.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #24146 on: Jul 22, 2021, 08:54 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

71 climbing to 94 later today with dew points  in the tropical range. It's so humid that Mr. Muggy said the hell with it ???

TT....glad your wife's knee is feeling better, sorry to read about her back :%$#!: Careful with the pole saw they can bite. The only bad cut I ever received in my 45 years of tree work came from a dang old pole saw. It made a dandy cut across my arm good for 18 stitches, even the Dr. asked what brand blade I use  ;D

Dave....good going on catching your dinner :thumbsup:

IW....good luck luck watching the little guys :thumbsup:

Eddie.....Yes I brought the big azz pistol to the range and let it bark a few times. I am trying to get it dialed in at 200yds. Off the bench I can do 3 under a quarter but I am trying to shoot using less props and it's challenging. Hope it's good news on the tranny fix :thumbsup:

WW... good luck with the mowing. I took out my sickle scythe yesterday and got the thistles cut off in my yard.

Hope you all have a good day :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24147 on: Jul 22, 2021, 10:01 AM »
Good Morning All, Chilly 51 in the RV.

A breakfast with the Niece, and her Cousin, and then on to the Nephews, slip the new shift cable in, not sure if any more Salmon fishing will take place, hook onto my StarCraft deep V5 and make the trek back to Denver and get to work for the make ready to sell the house, 

Speaking of reloading, not sure I even have dies for 308.  think I am down to 30-06, 7MM Mag, 375HH, and 41Mag.and primers for 2,000 rounds.  When I load up the powder I might have to put an explosive hazard placard on the vehicle. ;D

Sure is sad to see the brothers onset of Dementia, and now turning Senile.  May be leaving not on speaking terms, not my choice but his.  :( :( :(

Well breakfast is waiting, and so is coffee.

Take care all.
Bud

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24148 on: Jul 22, 2021, 10:21 AM »
IFF…..so sorry to hear about your brother’s dementia  :(
Hope you can be on speaking terms again before you leave.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #24149 on: Jul 22, 2021, 10:45 AM »
Bud.....hope you two can pull it together and patch it up before you leave.

Safe travels heading back to Denver :thumbsup:

WS

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.