Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1610055 times)

Online zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #24090 on: Jul 17, 2021, 07:20 AM »
66° and cloudy here, with a chance of rain later.

masoneddie - it actually went back together really easily. Took maybe 5 minutes to finish it once I had the part. Lack of room for my hands was the biggest issue with the thing. It's where I circled, under all that crap.

ww - it may not look pretty, but as long as the crack is filled well, it shouldn't get any bigger. I have a small chip/web I filled with one of the cheapo repair kits several years ago, and it hasn't grown a bit since.

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24091 on: Jul 17, 2021, 07:49 AM »
IW......Happy Birthday  :thumbsup: :clap:

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24092 on: Jul 17, 2021, 07:53 AM »
58* now with a low  80's guessed for the day. One place in the  SW part of the state got 4+ inches of rain over night.

I finally figured out how to get on IS shanty again.

ww I always carry comp on my cars as it is not that expensive. It  also covers hitting deer. It was good I carried it as I hit three deer in a little over a year. When I was having a windshield replaced the guy showed me how to make a stone chip expand by pushing on it from the inside if the insurance company does not want to replace it. That one was at eye level so the were willing to replace it.

IW Happy Birthday!!!
Cars are pretty scarce here, both new and used. The one Ford dealers lots are almost empty. With production of new cars shut down so long has made cars and trucks scarce.
I had a lot of dental work done by a dentist friend over the years. My cost out of pocket was not too bad as I swapped work with him. I remodeled his office three times along with working on his house.

Bud Hopefully the guy can find another job son. Almost every place here has Help Wanted signs.
I guess I am one of the Crazzy ones as I will not have the vaccine. It was 60 years ago that I last had the flu. The reason I remember is I ushered at a friends wedding. They celebrated there 60th anniversary on July 15th 2021. I feel that I have a  great immune system.

The wife's knee replacement has not been going that great. The doctor that did it  must have been pretty brutal with all of the bruising. Now her back is adding to the problems with sciatica pain. Instead of seeing the doc for here 2 week check up, she saw a PA. The PA was not concerned with the swelling in her leg.
I am having trouble with my knee so I am going to the doctor that repaired the meniscus in that knee a few years ago.

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #24093 on: Jul 17, 2021, 09:19 AM »
Good morning ER's!! With all of this talk of knees, how about hips??? I finally got a date for my replacement. Not until Aug. 3rd!! Not only that, but my PA-C prescribed 200 mg Celebrex for the pain. The firs pill was ok all the others have done zip!! I'm going to see if she will prescribe something else that works!! Something I found out that surprised me is that this will be same day surgery!!! :woot: :flex: :whistle: Everyone take it easy and be safe out there!! :thumbsup:
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #24094 on: Jul 17, 2021, 12:59 PM »
 :bow: :thumbsup: :clap: Happy Birthday Jeff!!  :clap: :thumbsup: :bow:

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #24095 on: Jul 17, 2021, 02:46 PM »
X2 Jeff!!!  :clap: :flex: :thumbsup: ;)2 :whistle: :bow: Don't count them, just enjoy them!!!!!
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #24096 on: Jul 17, 2021, 03:11 PM »
Good afternoon, spent Friday evening and this morning at my sister and BIL's combination wedding anniversary/birthday celebration . There wedding anniversary is today (married in 1993) and my birthday was back on the 7TH. Nice visit also got to see photos from their trip to San Diego,CA. to visit with my nephew. They arrive home in New Jersey during the early evening of the seventh  we all felt it was smart to what some time before celebrating my birthday to see if possibly either one of them had contracted Covid-19. thankfully they are in good health. like others here in NY. forecast to receive more rain today.
Ice Wanderer Happy Birthday! May your gums be fully healed by next scheduled dental visit so the bridge can be installed. Safe travel for your BIL and MIL . May your wife get a great deal on a new Lease vehicle.
Hunts2long nice looking schooner your wife will be sailing on may she have nice weather for her trip.
Eddie believe i have the correct date so please pass on my Happy first Birthday wishes to little Emerson. Glad you were able to get most of the work on your yard done before any rain .May you and your son also get lucky today and finished mowing his lawn before any drops fall from the sky. Sorry to hear about your garden may some of the peppers recover and give you a nice harvest.
ZCM-28 nice that you could repair both your wife's and your car. May you be free from any mechanical problems for a good time now after completing both jobs.
Wallyworld may the windshield repair hold up and the chip/crack not spread. I assume you and Mr.WW must feel like lawn maintenance company employees with all the grass cutting this Summer. Glad you were able to get out on the bike yesterday.
Whopper stopper sorry to hear your chiropractor will be out of action for a few weeks as others posted may your back hold up until his return. Also may the coming heat wave be of a short duration.
IFF sorry to read one of your housemates is unemployed once again may he find work in his field shortly. Have a good visit with yet another of your brothers and so journey to Washington.
Tomturkey sad to read your wife is till in pain from her knee replacement surgery. May things get better for her in the coming week. Lately it seems some parts of the country are receiving large amounts of rain fall in short time periods.
Oldsailor good to read you have a date scheduled for the hip replacement. I hope your doctor can find a pain killer that works for you until the surgery . It seems now a days if you or your insurance will not pay what the hospital wants for it's services you don't stay there to long.

Everyone have a good Saturday may all dealing with severe weather get through it in good shape.
 Steve

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #24097 on: Jul 18, 2021, 05:12 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                           It's 58* and raining, so what's new. ::)
                           I want to thank everyone for the Birthday wishes. :clap:

IW

Online zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24098 on: Jul 18, 2021, 05:51 AM »
Morning all. 66° and partly cloudy here with a forecast of 80° and sunny later.

Hoping today goes better than yesterday... the water is still very high and I only boated 2 fish yesterday.

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #24099 on: Jul 18, 2021, 06:07 AM »
Good Morning Jeff, Morning Everyone,
  Rain has stopped falling here, looks like we have a few hours break before it starts up again. 65 and damp, lol, high of 66 today.

Jeff…hope you enjoyed your special day yesterday despite the weather!   :thumbsup:  :clap: 
  Steve… :clap: :thumbsup: :bow:  Happy be-lated Birthday!   :bow: :thumbsup: :clap:   Glad you were able to celebrate your birthday and their anniversary together, smart idea holding off a little while with this spike of Covid going around. One week from today Emerson will celebrate his first birthday!   ;D
  OS…congrats on getting your scheduled date, hope you can get something else prescribed that will ease those pains…best wishes sent your way!   :thumbsup:
   Tom…hoping your wife sees some relief soon with her recovery, and best wishes sent your way getting an appointment soon to take care of your knee problems.  :thumbsup:
  Z…thanks for sharing the picture, tight quarters for sure! Glad everything went smoothly with your fix!  :clap:  Do you rebuild transmissions by chance??  :whistle:  ;D. Good luck with the fishing this morning, hope the bite is on!
  H2…imagine the reservoir is on the rise again with all this rain.

Had just enough time to take care of my sons place before the rain moved in yesterday. The ground is so saturated I left tracks all over the place, but at least it’s done.
  Not much on the planner today, going to pull my garlic out of the garden before the next wave of rain moves in…Cawfee’s on!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24100 on: Jul 18, 2021, 06:56 AM »
Morning all,

IW.....hope you had a good birthday  :thumbsup:  did MrsIW find her new car  ???

MrC.....happy belated birthday and happy anniversary to your sister and b-i-l  :thumbsup:  good to hear you were all able to celebrate the dates together  :clap:

ZCM.....not too concerned about the windshield, just figured for $10 I'd give it a try  :-\  water looks pretty muddy, good luck  ;)

TT.....sorry to hear MrsTT is struggling with the knee recovery  :(  good luck with getting your knee taken care of  :)

OS.....glad you finally have a date for your hip  :thumbsup:  surprised to hear you aren't having to be an inpatient for a few days of rehab  :blink:

Eddie.....good job with your son's lawn  :flex:  getting harder and harder to find a time to mow  >:( 

WS.....with your heat and humidity walks must be tough  ::)

Another 2" overnight and it's still coming down by the bucketful  :%$#!: 

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24101 on: Jul 18, 2021, 07:04 AM »
63* and light rain, heading for 67* today.
When the wife's cousins came for a visit one brought her a tomato plant, I hope it doesn't drown out on the deck.
Mr.C, I agree, hope the weather is good for her trip.
Eddie, as of this morning the lake is just over their target level. It had been about 2 feet below that level since late Spring. I sure hope that isn't an indication that someone knew what they are doing in Albany, that would sure make us look like "fools".
Hope everyone has a great Sunday and be safe....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #24102 on: Jul 18, 2021, 08:19 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

67 heading to another hot, sticky, 90 degree day :%$#!:

mr.clean......Happy belated Birthday! It sounds like you had an excellent time with your Sister and b-i-l  :thumbsup:

IW.... How did things go with your wife's car ???

Eddie....Good going with the lawn mowing :thumbsup:

WW.... Be careful if the sun comes out so you don't shrink ;D As tired as we are of the drought and heat, you have to be just as sick and tired putting up with all the rain :cookoo: Yeah, it gets harder and harder to convince yourself to spend time outside.

Not a lot going on today, just hanging out indoors.

Hope you all have a good day :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #24103 on: Jul 18, 2021, 08:50 AM »
Good morning ER's!! WW I was surprised that it was same day surgery also!! I figured overnight at least. My surgeon is rated as one of the top surgeons in the state with many innovations to his credit. There will only be a small scar (2"-3") and all rehab is at home!!! My biggest problem is to get an effective painkiller so that I can hang in there until surgery. They want me walking around to keep the muscles in shape and that's purely uncomfortable!! My other hip is bad, but hasn't given me much trouble thankfully!! Thanks to everyone for their comments! Be safe and stay well!!!  :thumbsup: :flex: :bow:

Online zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24104 on: Jul 18, 2021, 09:41 AM »
masoneddie - Nope, I do basic repairs, but I am by no means a mechanic  :roflmao:

ww - I live in central IL, almost all the rivers are muddy. Believe it or not, that one I was on today is a lot less muddy than some of the others I fish.

Actually ended up doing fairly well, got a few small catfish, a walleye, and 4 really nice redhorse. I'm actually glad I ran out of bait early, because the forecast was a bit off. I got home about 45 minutes ago, and it cut loose pouring rain about 15 minutes after that.  ::)

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24105 on: Jul 18, 2021, 12:51 PM »
Well made it to the lake and did ok for only being out for about 5 hours. Caught some walleye and had to release about 5 and lost about 5 before we could get them to the boat and missed a few bites.  Made it home got them cut up and then went and looked at the wife's new toy. Will post pictures of that later.

Have a good safe end to the weekend supposed to be close to 100 the next few days not looking forward to that.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #24106 on: Jul 18, 2021, 12:52 PM »
Good afternoon everyone :bow:

I finally got around to checking the camera card, it's been few days.

Things have been fairly quiet, I guess the critters don't care for the heat either. One thing I have noticed is that within minutes of the poults arriving to eat, the jakes show up to chase them away.

I have re-located 2 more of the raccoons to a area park to be with their mother. That leaves 2 more that need a fresh landscape to call their own.

The card is back in the camera, hope next time there is more to pick from.

WS

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24107 on: Jul 18, 2021, 09:12 PM »
Here is the new toy the wife has to take care of the lawn.

Have a good start to the week.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #24108 on: Jul 18, 2021, 09:52 PM »
Good evening ,thunder storm and rain yesterday evening and a brief shower today. I believe there is a flood watch or warning in place until midnight for Delaware county which is North West of me.  I wish it was possible to send this rain to the Western United States to help with the drought and wild fires. Thank you for the belated birthday wishes.
Zcm-28 thank you for the photo may you see the river water level drop.
Eddie thank you for the information on Emerson's birthday. Good to hear you were able to get son's lawn mowed before rain and only left tracks and not a stuck lawn mower.
Wallyworld may you have seen some sunlight today also hope your not seeing damage from to much water in your garden.
Hunts2long may the tomato plant survive all this wet weather. Good to read that GSL is at target water level. I guess like a blind squirrel finds the nut government workers in Albany hit the mark at times.
Whopper Stopper be careful during the heat wave in your area. thank you for the video.
Oldsailor sounds like you will be in good hands during the surgery. I hope doctor can find a pain killer that works for you so you can do the pre-surgery exercise.
Fish/Hunt4ever congratulations to you and your wife on the walleyes. :clap: :thumbsup: May the new toy make mowing your lawn more enjoyable for your wife.

Have a good night.
 Steve

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24109 on: Jul 19, 2021, 12:12 AM »
Here is the new toy the wife has to take care of the lawn.

Have a good start to the week.
fH4, is that a Lund boat ?  Shorelander with rollers or Bunks ?
Bud

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24110 on: Jul 19, 2021, 04:39 AM »
Morning all,

Just a quick hello before heading to the lake  :thumbsup: :clap: 

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #24111 on: Jul 19, 2021, 04:53 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                          It's 62* and guess what.......It's raining. ::)
                          Wally........I think we've had enough of this rain, according to my rain gauge we've had 16.77" this year so far. :o My wife picked
                out another Nissen Rogue, this time it's a dark red one, she picks it up this morning around 10 am.  :clap:
                          Eddie........I'm glad you were able to get your son's lawn taken care of with minimal damage to the lawn.  :flex:
                          Marv.........Could you please send some of your weather this way. :blink: How was your day inside? ???
                          H2l...........Albany doesn't know what they're doing, they guess just like the weathermen guessers. :woot:
                          Fish..........Nice little toy you bought your wife. :clap:
                          Zcm..........The engineers design things so the average Joe can't fix them. Then they have to take it to the dealer for repairs. :%$#!:
                          Steve........It basically rained here all day yesterday, looked like it came up the Hudson valley. :whistle:
                          Yesterday my wife and I did house chores then we played a game of cards, the sat in front of the TV, she wanted to watch the horse
                 races from Saratoga. She hinted that she wants to go to the track one day, but I'm not really interested in going. I don't understand her wanting
                 to go, we had to change the channel because she doesn't like it when the jockey's hit the horses.
                          As I mentioned we will be going to get her new car today, then I don't know.
                          I hope everyone has a good Monday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #24112 on: Jul 19, 2021, 05:09 AM »
Good morning WW, IW! Good morning everyone :bow:

71 heading to 92 this afternoon. Today will be the 15th 90 degree day so far this year.

WW....best of luck on the water :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

IW....I would gladly trade you some of our heat. Another full week of 90's are on the way :%$#!: The walls are closing in staying out of the heat ;D

Fish....good looking mower :thumbsup:

I am off for a walk and then going to the range at 9am. Not sure what the rest of the day holds.

Hope you all have a good day :thumbsup: Sty safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24113 on: Jul 19, 2021, 06:09 AM »
64* and not raining. As IW said, rained most of yesterday and hard at times.
WW, good luck on the lake.
Fish, hope the wife enjoys her new ride.
WS, thanks for another video.
Hope everyone has a good Monday....h2l
Northville, NY

Online zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24114 on: Jul 19, 2021, 06:23 AM »
63° and very, very foggy this morning. Forecast for the entire week is mid-80s and sun, so I'm hoping they're right. We haven't been hammered by rain nearly as bad as you folks out toward the east coast, but we've still had more than enough for quite a while.

IW - I'm lucky. I have a shirttail cousin who is a really good mechanic with a shop that charges reasonable prices. That's where I always take all my vehicles for the repairs I can't do at home. It still costs a pretty penny, but nowhere near what they charge at stealerships.

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #24115 on: Jul 19, 2021, 06:25 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  62* and raining here also, high of 74 today. Weather guessers saying  we might see some sunshine later today and we’re on course for possibly setting a new record rainfall total for the month of July…that’s encouraging, Doh!!  ;D

Marv…thanks for sharing the video, will be playing that again soon with my granddaughter! Enjoy the shooting time at the range before the broiler kicks back in today, hope you see some favorable temps soon!   :thumbsup:
  Jeff…I wish I kept track of the rain totals since buying the rain gauge…will start on that today. I know our totals here in my area are well ahead of what is reported at the Albany County Airport. Believe they said about 7” so far for July. One town in neighboring Greene county here reports over 13” fell over the last 18 days.  :cookoo:  Congratulations to your wife on her new vehicle, hope it serves her well.  :clap: :thumbsup:
  Wally…best of luck on the catching today, will be looking forward to your report!   :thumbsup:
  H2….I’d be happy to send some of what’s falling here your way!   ;D  Tomorrow looks like a good day anyway!  :thumbsup:
  Steve…agreed on the rain, have seen enough already! Emerson was by for a visit yesterday… ;D
  FH4…congrats on the fishing, very nice new toy for the mowing…. :clap: :thumbsup:
  Z…congrats on your trip also, glad you dodged the rain… nice mixed bag!  :clap: :thumbsup:  Having a good mechanic in the family is a blessing!
  Bud…hope all is going well for you and having a great time with your brothers!   :thumbsup:

Received a call from one of my ex-coworkers on Friday about a job offer where he has been working, they’re looking to hire another mason soon. It sounds like a very good job, very similar to what we were doing down at the Empire Plaza although this at the State University Of Albany. Called him back yesterday afternoon and accepted the offer, will hear more on that today with a starting date.
  Have a diagnostic test for my truck scheduled for tomorrow, but going to make a few calls shortly to see if I can get it in somewhere else today. Have enjoyed  the feeling of what retirement has been like over the last couple of months, but I’m ready to go back to work for awhile longer and finish the last chapter…I think?  ;D    Cawfee’s on!
  Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #24116 on: Jul 19, 2021, 06:53 AM »

Good morning again,
                    Yea the sun is out. :clap: :thumbsup: :flex: :woot:
                     Wally........I hope your fishing trip goes well. :thumbsup:
                     Eddie........Good luck with the truck. :thumbsup: That's good that you're going back to work, I hope it's as good as it was at the capital. :flex:

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #24117 on: Jul 19, 2021, 07:56 AM »
Received a call from one of my ex-coworkers on Friday about a job offer where he has been working, they’re looking to hire another mason soon. It sounds like a very good job, very similar to what we were doing down at the Empire Plaza although this at the State University Of Albany. Called him back yesterday afternoon and accepted the offer, will hear more on that today with a starting date.

Congratulations Eddie!

WS

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24118 on: Jul 19, 2021, 08:49 AM »
Eddie:  That is good news, hoping it works out for  you.

back to boondocking at the Nieces place in Olympia, was a bit of a challenge covering the last few miles.  Found myself needing to make several stops for naps, but arrived without any misshaps.  Actually thought of kissing the ground once I got here.  ;D Meaning I was glad I make it.

Not sure what will be on the planner for today, out side of a general cleanup of the RV.  All in all was a good visit for brother here in Washington, a family reunion of sorts.  Have to agree with others, could be his last chance to do just that.  Glad I could make it happen for him.

On the other side of the planner TBD if the niece will want to do a day trip for any Kokanee fishing as she has a cousin visiting for a couple weeks.  That cousin is one she has been helping make a move from Washington to Arizona. 

Looking back over this past week, One thing I will remember is how the Mississippi river mosquitoes/chiggers worked me over.  Glad Marv's ticks didn't join in on the feast.  Liked the Zoo cam of Marv's back yard visitors. :thumbsup:

Oh yeah good luck getting the truck checked out, now forgot who it was that wanted to see if that might happen sooner than later  :unsure:  glad the coffee is on, I need one.  Will check back later

good day to all.
Bud

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24119 on: Jul 19, 2021, 12:47 PM »
The boat is an Alumacraft 175CS, it has the shorlandr trailer with bunks, love the trailer even though it was not the one I ordered with the boat, but found out that prestige only makes the trailers when they have a order for so many and I did not want to wait for that to happen to get my boat.  I have a 90hp optimax on it and a 6hp kicker that I use.  Love the boat but looking to buy another one with a full windshield maybe next year so then I will sell this one.  Have replaced the bunks on the trailer once and need to do that again, just hate the cost of wood right now to do anything like that.  Been a really good boat and have caught a lot of fish out of it, just the wife wants to be behind the windshield when we are in the waves or early spring fishing so she is not as cold.  Looking at the Alumacraft Tournament series right now, like the lay out just have not been able to see one in person, but I bought this one with only looking at the competitor series back in the day, and the wife and I looked at the new competitor series while in Ohio, like them just want more room in the back and not so much in the deck.

Well supposed to be around 100 here today, so trying to stay in the A.C. as much as possible, be safe everyone and have a great start to the work week.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.