Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1609700 times)

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #24060 on: Jul 13, 2021, 09:12 AM »
Ah, my Dad shot one when I was a kid and I remember the DNR coming out and being pretty hostile over it. They basically interrogated him, then he had to sign some papers (guessing a statement) before they hauled the carcass off.

I just imagined it being even more of a headache now, because that was back over 30 years ago.

A little different up here. This bear has been causing problems all summer and the ENR wants it gone. They have told me if I have the shot to take it. My neighbour's across from me is a CO too. 😁

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24061 on: Jul 13, 2021, 10:39 AM »
Well had a storm roll through last night, heavy wind and some rain but not enough to even knock the dust down, cloudy today and it feels great, was 64 when I came to work before the sun came up.  A little rain just moved through and that felt good, just waiting for one of these thunder storms to cause another fire on the mountain above us since it is mostly beetle killed trees with the forest service cutting and leaving lay a bunch of it for thinning just making it a match box and with the little rain we get out of the storms this is the perfect conditions for another fire up there.  Well be safe in the flooding or heat wave and a good mid week, oh and Mom and Spencer should be home today everything was looking good, hopefully sooner than later since the wife is coming home today, forgot to mention my oldest fell Saturday and looked to broke her wrist again, but they could not see anything on the X-ray so having the bone doctor look at it tomorrow and see if they need to go in and get a cast put on it.  Oh the joys.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #24062 on: Jul 14, 2021, 05:11 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                         It's 68* and raining, what's new. ::)
                         Bud........You sure have a lot to do to get out on the water, glad your catching fish to make it worth while. :flex:
                         Wally......It seems we're in a tropical zone this summer. :whistle:
                         Marv......I hope your pruning went well and you're looking spiffy. :woot:
                         Eddie.... I agree with Wally, spend a little to repair the truck and not have a payment. :flex:
                         H2l........I guess und those circumstances a dock would be a PIA. :unsure:
                         Dave.....If it was me, I'd make sure I got a shot at the bear. :blink:
                         Zcm......When I was a kid, we had a 3 hp Johnson that my dad had to replace the water impeller every 2 years. :cookoo:
                         This morning I have a dentist appointment, I'm getting my permanent bridge. $$$$  :%$#!:
                         I hope everyone has a good Wednesday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #24063 on: Jul 14, 2021, 05:41 AM »
Good morning IW! Good morning everyone :bow:

69 and humid,  topping out around 70 with the guessers calling for rain :whistle:

IW....Good luck with the bridge :thumbsup: Not sure about spiffy but I did notice I have ears, and no wood ticks found :thumbsup:

WW.... Hope the forecast is still favorable for tomorrow :thumbsup:

Eddie....good luck with the new to you tranny. Hope they found a good one :thumbsup:

This morning I am off for an early blood draw in about a half hour, I best get going.

Hope you all have a good day :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24064 on: Jul 14, 2021, 05:55 AM »
Morning all,

IW.....hope the dentist appt goes smoothly  :whistle:  this weather is not what I imagined the tropics would be like, where are all the palm trees  ???

WS....fingers crossed all your blood work is A+  :thumbsup:

Drifter....hope you're getting some water therapy in while waiting for your shot at yogi  ;D

Luckily almost all of yesterday's storms missed us. only a little over 1/4" in the gauge this morning  :clap:  severe storms in the forecast for today, fingers crossed most of it misses us again  :unsure:  guessing tomorrow will be a mowing day  :flex:

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24065 on: Jul 14, 2021, 06:07 AM »
IW - that is crazy. Makes me wonder if you guys just had a lemon, or there was some kind of design flaw there. 🤔

I've had this 2.5 for a little over 4 years now, and I use it a lot. It was still pumping water, but not like it had the previous years so I just wanted to rebuild it before it became a problem. The impeller had a couple fins that were a bit warped, but I think the biggest issue was the intake hole to the impeller housing had a bunch of gunk (algae and sand) in it. Pumps like the day I took it brand new out of the box again now 😁

74° and partly cloudy here, heading for a forecast of 85 and mostly sunny by afternoon. I prepped the boat last night after I saw the forecast. I'll be heading straight up north to the river after work to try to tie into a few bowfin, bass, and northerns.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24066 on: Jul 14, 2021, 06:32 AM »
67* and cloudy.
IW, glad the "girls" are doing well.
IFF, sounds like a slow start but a good finish to your day.
WW, the lake has come up a foot and a half, people will be complaining "no" beaches before long. It has been a wet summer.
Hope everyone has a good day and be well....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #24067 on: Jul 14, 2021, 05:24 PM »
Haven'tseen Yogi since Friday night. Neighbours saw him Saturday and Sunday. Seems at some point he was looking in the dining room window. Scratched it up pretty good with his grubby mitts.  >:(
Must have been when I wasn't here as I would have heard it. Kind of ticks me off but at least he didn't smash it in. Seems the water hascomeupa bit too.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #24068 on: Jul 14, 2021, 09:53 PM »
Good evening thankfully since my last post I've only seen a little rain. I attend a memorial service yesterday for one of the charter members at the church I attend this gentlemen was ninety five he played a big role in the church's creation. Back in 1960-1961 he contacted the NYC office of the governing body my church belongs to and told them our area was growing and they should look into forming another church in the greater Newburgh,NY. area besides the one that already existed in the city of Newburgh. The governing body did some research and sent a mission developer to my area who was later called to be the church's first pastor in 1962. Talking with some other long time members at the service we believe this gentlemen's wife is now the only living charter member of our church. I've been a member since February of 1967 back them we held services in what was the town's volunteer ambulance service's first building our current church was built in 1968 and had additions added during 2004-05 . Back then you never knew if a service would be interrupted by ambulance sirens responding to a call for service. These services are always a mixture of sadness and joy  over the loss of the member and joy from sharing our collective memories of this member. To those dealing with problems due to all the rain over the past couple of weeks may you see better weather in coming days also to all dealing with drought high heat and wildfires may you receive the rain you need to help deal with those conditions.
Fish/hunt4ever congratulations to your SIL and her husband on Spencer's birth good to read mother and baby are doing fine after his early birth. May your wife and you get to meet your new nephew soon ,I also hope the X-rays show no break/fracture in her wrist.
Hunts2long glad you and Lindsay had a good morning of fishing on Sunday. Congratulations to Lindsay on catching her personal best perch.  :clap:
Wallyworld happy to hear you got home safely from Ma. sorry your had to deal with bad weather on the trip home.
IFF congratulations to your daughter on her mixed bag of fish.  :clap: after the rough start to your fishing trip. May the steering cable your brother found work on the new boat.
Eddie best to you with your truck whichever way you decide to go with the transmission repair.
Zcm-28 nice work on repairing the outboard motor   in spite of the limited work space making the job a difficult one. may you catch some good sized bowfin on your trip.
Drifter happy for you the problem bear did not get into your cabin. I'm guessing your location would make live trapping the bear and relocating it a hard job. Good that there is a plan in place to make use of the animal when someone finally does kill the problem animal.
Whopper Stopper may your blood draw report show no new health concerns for you.
Ice wanderer good to read you take your bird feeders in at night to prevent any problems with wildlife. Happy to hear our wife and MIL are both doing beter healthwise. May you have a good visit with your MIL. All the best to you with the permanent bridge installation depending on the bridges size I know your looking at a several thousand dollar bill.

May everyone have a good night.
 Steve

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24069 on: Jul 15, 2021, 05:18 AM »
Morning all,

MrC......sorry to hear about the loss of your friend/fellow church member  :'(  glad those attending memorial were able to find comfort in sharing stories of days gone by  :)

Drifter....sounds like that bear is determined to get inside  :nono:  fingers crossed no one gets hurt before he's taken out  :-\  time to roll the pant legs up  ;D

H2L.....there definitely hasn't been any "just right" water levels this year, feast or famine   :wacko:

Think we made it thru yesterday with only a couple sprinkles  :thumbsup: :clap:  Will be firing up the mowers once the sun burns off the fog and the dew dries up  :flex:  then I'm going to try a home repair kit for a crack in my windshield from a stone hitting it on the Mass Pike Friday  :%$#!: with over 150,000 miles on the car I don't have collision or comprehensive coverage any longer so no "free" fix  :unsure:

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #24070 on: Jul 15, 2021, 05:56 AM »
Good Morning Wally, Morning Everyone,
  Finally getting a break today from the wet dreary weather we’ve been having…60* this am, high of 82 today with sunshine.

Steve…condolences sent on the loss of your longtime friend and charter member of the church. I’m sure he will be greatly missed by the church and community. Thank you for sharing the story behind the church, must have been some interesting service’s back in the early days!  :thumbsup:
  Dave…that bear has a big set of jewels!  Would it be legal to set some bait out as mentioned to draw that bear in? Best of luck when the opportunity presents itself… :thumbsup:
  H2…good luck if you’re heading out today!   :thumbsup:
  Z…hope the fishing went well yesterday!   :thumbsup:
  Wally…a mowing day here later today as well. Had some severe storms move through the area yesterday, but we lucked out here also. Some areas got over 2” in an hour with strong winds causing major problems. Downed trees, power outages, flash flooding….crazy weather!   :cookoo:  Good luck with the windshield!   :thumbsup:
  Marv…thanks, haven’t decided yet on which way I’m going to go with the truck. Thinking a diagnostic test is worth the $$ to make sure an electronic issue isn’t present or perhaps the cause before having the work done. Hope all went well with your blood work yesterday!   :thumbsup:
  Jeff…definitely agree with you and Wally, trying to avoid anymore payments at this time!  :thumbsup:  Speaking of payments, hope all went well at the dentist yesterday!  :thumbsup:
  FH4…best wishes sent to Spencer and Mom, hope they’re doing well…also to your daughter, hopefully she hasn’t broken her wrist, yikes!   :thumbsup:
  Bud…congrats on the catching!   :clap:

Like Wally, will be waiting on the sun to dry up the lawns and get them out of the way today. Haven’t checked the rain gauge yet this morning, but certain we got at least another inch or better with the rains yesterday.
  Cawfee’s on…
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #24071 on: Jul 15, 2021, 06:14 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

56, hitting 80 later. The guessers are calling for another heat wave starting this weekend. The long range shows near 90 degree temps through the end of the month :%$#!:

mr.clean....sorry to read about your friend, condolences sent.

WW.... good luck with the patch job :thumbsup:

Eddie.... probably well worth the diagnostic test, hope everything goes smoothly :thumbsup:

IW.....hope the bridge work is underway :thumbsup:

I am off to the jungle this morning for a Dentist appointment, just a cleaning. Then I am stopping to see my Chiropractor for a couple well placed cracks.

Yesterdays blood work results came back, and all tests were good.

Hope you all have a good day :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy

WS

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24072 on: Jul 15, 2021, 07:00 AM »
75° and cloudy here this morning with a forecast high of 86 and tstorms later.

It did not end up being a good trip yesterday... I jinxed myself talking about the outboard never giving me trouble. It conked out on me about a mile downstream of the ramp... it got real surgey just as it puked out so I knew it had to be a carb issue. Ended up rowing about 1.25mi upstream back to the ramp... I am feeling that today. Waaaaay too out of shape these days for that crap 😑

Pulled the carb when I got home... clogged main jet. So at least it was an easy fix. That thing has the tiniest main I have ever seen; smaller than a weed eater. Got it cleaned out, put back together, and it runs like a champ again.

As a lovely bonus, the exhaust on my car split right at a flange (rusted out) too, so I'll be fixing that today if the rain misses us.

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24073 on: Jul 15, 2021, 07:25 AM »
Well a cool 60 degrees to start the day, and the heat wave just keeps coming in, looking at the long term forecast close to triple digits over the weekend and then over the triple digits for the start of next week, not looking forward to that.

Well the daughter went in and had the wrist looked at by a bone doctor, they just wanted to wait until next Friday until the wife sent pictures of how the ER wrapped the wrist, and they say it looks like she broke one of the little bones right at the wrist.  So they want to do another X-ray next week to verify since how it was wrapped the swelling and such makes it hard to see right now.  But now she has a good support on it so hopefully it will not hurt her like it has been.  Then more sad news that I just received is my mother's husbands brother just passed away, had pneumonia for awhile and the body just could not fight it anymore.  Going to see when they are going to come up.

Looks like everyone is starting to dry up from the rainy weather some are having, good to hear, if you can send that rain and cooler weather my way I am sure most out here would welcome it with open arms, just please do not send the wind as we have had too much of that and drying things out and some damage here and there, plus it would knock down some of this smoke that we are dealing with.  Stay safe for the start to the end of the week.  Have a great thursday everyone.

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #24074 on: Jul 15, 2021, 08:46 AM »
75° and cloudy here this morning with a forecast high of 86 and tstorms later.

It did not end up being a good trip yesterday... I jinxed myself talking about the outboard never giving me trouble. It conked out on me about a mile downstream of the ramp... it got real surgey just as it puked out so I knew it had to be a carb issue. Ended up rowing about 1.25mi upstream back to the ramp... I am feeling that today. Waaaaay too out of shape these days for that crap 😑

Pulled the carb when I got home... clogged main jet. So at least it was an easy fix. That thing has the tiniest main I have ever seen; smaller than a weed eater. Got it cleaned out, put back together, and it runs like a champ again.

As a lovely bonus, the exhaust on my car split right at a flange (rusted out) too, so I'll be fixing that today if the rain misses us.
 :thumbsup: :flex:
Just a quick question. Do you run Sea Foam in your gas religiously??? It really helps!!!!
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24075 on: Jul 15, 2021, 08:54 AM »
I hear it makes the blind see and cures cancer, too 😏

I just run Startron in all my small engines just to keep the gas from going bad, since E-Free fuel does not exist around here and I'm not driving 120 mile round trip for it.

I must have just picked up a tiny flake of rust of dirt in my gas. The carb wasn't gunky at all, that jet was just blocked. There's no filter on pickup screen on that motor, and as small as that jet hole is, a grain of sand would plug it. I'm thinking a small inline filter is in order soon.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #24076 on: Jul 15, 2021, 10:16 PM »
Good evening nice day here not sure what the high temperature was felt like upper eighties/ninety. Weather guessers say tomorrow will be a repeat then a wet weekend with possible thunderstorms/heavy rain at times. Thank you for the condolences  William"Bill" was an interesting man entered the army shortly after graduating high school in 1944 saw active duty in Germany where he was wounded twice earning two Purple Heart medals and also spent time as a P.O.W.  . once he was back home after WWII he attended college then worked for IBM upon retiring he studied to be a financial advisor  and volunteered at Local VA hospital in my area of NY. Trough his work it is estimate 4 million dollars in yearly benefits are going to Vets in NY. and across the country. The local VA hospital Castle Point in the Fishkill,NY. area specializes in caring for Vets with spinal injuries. In my town we have a few Revolutionary war era historic site at one of these the New Windsor Cantonment is the Purple Heart hall of Honor bill also volunteer his time to this facility. The Cantonment was the last home of the Continental Army before the war ended it was here the badge of military merit was created and first awarded this medal evolved into the Purple Heart Medal.
Wallyworld I hope the repair kit worked to fix the windshield crack. Talk with your insurance agent to see if you can get glass coverage on your car and how much it would add to your yearly premium.
Eddie good to read your area escaped the full force of last night's storm I have been fortunate this week as all the storm have bypassed or caused few problems. I was only five and a half years old when my family moved here to New Windsor so my knowledge of the early years of the church are mostly from stories shared by other older members. The ambulance corp. building was a two story structure with a narrow staircase leading to the second floor where church services where held the way things were set up you entered the worship area by the altar. IN one of the church's photo albums/memory books there is photos from what was the second wedding in church's history so the bride could walk down the aisle without first being see entering by the altar she used the fire escape which was in rear of the building climbing it in her wedding gown. sadly the building no longer stands as it was taken down to make one of the entrance/exits for a Hannaford supermarket. may the diagnostic test show if your truck has any electrical problem which caused the transmission problem.
Whopper Stopper glad your blood work showed no problems. :clap: :thumbsup:
Zcm-28 sorry the fishing trip hit a sang and you ended up rowing back to the launch site. Good that you have the knowledge to work on the motor and fixed the problem.
Fish/hunt4ever Condolences to all of you on the passing of your mother's husbands brother. Once the second X-ray is taken may it not show any break in bones making up your daughter's wrist. may you see a break from the High temperature and also get some of the rain needed in your part of the country.
OldSailor hope all is good with you and the family.

May everyone stay healthy and safe.
 Steve

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #24077 on: Jul 16, 2021, 05:11 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                         It's 69* and partly cloudy, rain is coming at some point. ::)
                         Steve..........That is quite a resumé Bill had, he seemed like a great man. My condolences.  :(
                         Zcm............I use to use Startron but switched to seafoam and of course I use non Ethanol gas in all my small engines. I haven't had to
                have any repairs done since I started using it. :thumbsup:
                         Eddie..........I'm glad your area didn't get the brunt of the storm. :clap:
                         Marv...........It's always a good thing that blood work came back with good results. :flex:
                         Wally..........I've never heard of a do it yourself windshield repair kit, did it come out OK. ???
                         Fish...........I hope your daughters X ray shows no broken bones. :whistle:
                         My dentist appointment turned out to be a flop, my dentist said my gum still needed some healing before she put in the permanent bridge.
                So she put the temporary one back in. Another 3 weeks.
                         My MIL is leaving today, her youngest son is coming to take her home.
                         I got my lawn mowed yesterday
                         I hope everyone has a good Friday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW 

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24078 on: Jul 16, 2021, 06:13 AM »
Good Morning, 68* and the sun is out.
Mr. C, sorry for your loss. Spend a lot of time working in the Newburgh area. I could tell that it must have been a very nice city in its day but downtown is, well DOWN town. Some very nice homes in the area.
Eddie, a lot of the storms have been to the south of us. We have had our share but not like Albany and south.
WS, have fun in the Jungle.
ZCM, I use Startron also but only because that is what they use when they service my motor.
Fished yesterday, got to use my "lucky" fishing pole. Caught 8 walleyes and some SMB. 5 keepers but only kept two (19 and 20inches) for a friend and his wife. Got hot out their when the wind died down.
Have a good day and be well....h2l

This is the boat the wife is going on next Friday.
Northville, NY

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #24079 on: Jul 16, 2021, 06:31 AM »
Good Morning Jeff, H2, Morning Everyone,
  68* and partly cloudy here also, high of 80 today with a chance of thunderstorms.

Jeff…sorry things didn’t go as planned with the dentist, hopefully all the healing is complete for your next appointment. Safe travels home today for your MIL, hope you all had an enjoyable time together!   :thumbsup:
  Steve…X2 on Jeff’s reply, thank you for sharing the story behind Bill with us, quite a man.   :bow:
  Z…another fan of the SeaFoam here and the Startron when I can’t get the non ethanol gas. Adding an in-line filter would be a great idea!  :thumbsup:
  OS…how’s everything going out your way? Hope your garden is doing better than mine at the moment!   ;D
  FH4…my condolences to you and the family on your loss. Best wishes to your daughter with the X-ray, hopefully nothing broken.   :thumbsup:
  Marv…good news on the blood test results, hope the chiropractor was able to get things feeling better for you!   :thumbsup:
  Wally…hope the windshield fix worked out for you!  :thumbsup:
  H2…congrats on the catching yesterday, excellent job! That’s a beautiful boat your wife is going on, hope they have nice weather for their trip!  :clap: :thumbsup:

Got most of the lawn work caught up yesterday, some areas were still so wet had to leave them be for today. Noticed a bunch of my peppers were dropping fruit and leaves yesterday…believe it to be from all the rain and overwatering. That kinda sucks, they were doing good until the rains  moved in. Hopefully they’ll bounce back.
  Running some errands and getting things caught up around the house today…Cawfee’s on!

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24080 on: Jul 16, 2021, 06:35 AM »
64° and pouring rain here this morning. 72° and scattered heavy showers most of the day forecast.

hunts2long - I switched from Stabil to Startron years ago. I don't really think it has any performance benefits, but it does keep E-gas fresh for a long time without the shellacing issues I had with Stabil.

IW - I'd use non-E gas, but it isn't locally available, except for expensive little cans of 2 stroke premix stuff. Cheaper just to add a dash of Starton than make long round trips for the E-free fuel for the mower and outboard.

Got the exhaust on the car fixed yesterday before the rain cut loose in the evening. Of course, now I have another repair... drove the wife's car to work yesterday, and the shift linkage bushing broke on my way home. It's a cheap fix, but it sure is a PITA to get to. I had to take the air box and intake tube off to make enough room to get my hands on it. Got the old bits of broken bushing off, so all I have to do is pick up the new one and pop it on after work, if the rain gives me a window. Hasn't been a great week for mechanical devices for me  :-\

Hope everyone has a great Friday  :thumbsup:

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24081 on: Jul 16, 2021, 06:37 AM »
Morning all,

IW....sorry you have to wait on the permanent bridge  :(   safe travels to your M-I-L  ;)

MrC....thanks for sharing the memories of Bill and all the work he accomplished   :bow: :thumbsup:

H2L......sounds like the pole IS the secret weapon, congrats on a great day  :flex: :clap:  nice "little" sail boat  :woot:

WS....hope the doc was able to get you realigned yesterday and you're fit as a fiddle again  ;)2 :flex: :roflmao:

Eddie......hope the test doesn't show any other problems besides the transmission  :unsure:

FH4.....condolences to you and the family on your loss  :'(   hope your daughter's wrist is feeling better and there's nothing broken  :-\

Got the lawn under control again yesterday, some areas are back to quicksand status  ::)  another inch or more of rain by tomorrow night  :%$#!:

The repair kit worked about as well as I expected for a $10.00 fix  :-\
before

after

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #24082 on: Jul 16, 2021, 07:06 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

64, heading to 87 later today. Looks to be another heat wave right around the corner.

IW....sorry to read the bridge work is on hold, hope things heal up for you :thumbsup:

mr.clean....thanks for sharing the story about Bill :thumbsup:

WW......Hope the fix helps keep the chip from spreading :thumbsup:

Dave.... Are you getting any sleep up there ??? Hope Yogi isn't interrupting the cabin work.

Yesterdays jungle run went 1/2 good. The Dentist visit went as planned, however the Chiropractor was a bust. Probably a personal thing, but when I arrived to get an adjustment I found out the guy I went to see wasn't in and a different guy was filling in. My regular Dr had broke his ankle a couple weeks ago and will be out for a couple more weeks. I told the receptionist I was disappointed that she couldn't have mentioned that when I made the appointment 2 days earlier because I wouldn't have wasted my time. She said she didn't think it mattered, to which I said after 30 years of going to the same guy it mattered to me. Anyway, my back isn't going anywhere so I will go back in 2-3 weeks.

Hope you all have a good day :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy

WS

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24083 on: Jul 16, 2021, 06:43 PM »
pulled into my Denver address, Wednesday about 5:20 PM, Good nights sleep, Doesn't feel like home anymore, got boat parked, some laundry done.  Checked on repairs that one of the guys I am letting stay here short term has been doing, the other guy I thought was finally getting his life turned around, with his new restaurant job just fizzled out, only 3 shifts last week and got let go this morning due to lack of business.  My guess that will wind up being closed altogether.  Not a high use area of down town.

So now my adventure continues.  Picked up a shift cable here for the boat I left out in Washington, got a hair cut, as well as a nap.  Will do a once over for anything I think I need to pack along on the return trip to get Brother back to his home.

Sad to learn the Rona is taking off again. Guess half of the country is still resisting getting vaccinated  :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :cookoo: :cookoo: crazy of you ask me.  Think I have enough snacks, and will be heading out shortly, planning a stop to visit yet another brother on the  way.

Will check in if and when I can get internet.

Take care all
Bud

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #24084 on: Jul 17, 2021, 05:03 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                    It's 63* and it just started to sprinkle, rain is the word for today. ::)
                    Bud........Sorry to read that the fellow lost his job at the restaurant, hopefully another opportunity will come his way. :thumbsup: Good luck
           in the return trip. :flex:
                    Marv........The receptionist should have told you the the regular Dr. wasn't in when you made the appointment. :%$#!: Hope the back is doing OK. ???
                    H2l..........That's a beautiful ship your wife is going on, I'm jealous. :woot:
                    Eddie.......It was a good thing to get the yard work caught up before the bad weather gets here. :flex:
                    Wally.......At least the windshield fix will keep it from spreading. :unsure: I've had it done professionally and I couldn't even see where it was. :flex:
                    Dave ......How is the work going at the cabin, are you getting done what you wanted to? ???
                    Zcm........When one thing goes wrong, it seems there's another to follow. :cookoo: :%$#!:
                    I didn't get much done yesterday, my brother in law showed up to pick up his mother around 11 and stayed until 1pm.
                    Today my wife and I are going to her car dealer, her lease is up next month and today they are having some sort of special, they want her car.
                    I hope everyone has a good Saturday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24085 on: Jul 17, 2021, 05:10 AM »
Morning all,

WS.....sorry to hear your doc is laid up for awhile  :(  go easy on the back until you can get "cracked" again  ;)2

IFF....you sure are putting some miles on the rv  :thumbsup:  safe travels, enjoy the visit with your brother  :)

Eddie.....sorry to hear your garden's not too happy with all the rain   :pinch:  today's weather is certainly not going to help   :nono:

IW.....hoping MrsIW is beginning to get her energy back  :flex:  have fun car shopping  :clap:

Managed to sneak a bike ride in yesterday with an eye to the sky to keep away from the showers that were lurking here and there  @)  today will be an indoor day AGAIN with heavy rain predicted for this afternoon ::) 

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #24086 on: Jul 17, 2021, 06:17 AM »
Good Morning Jeff, Wally, Morning Everyone,
  65* and cloudy here at the moment, more rain thunderstorms on the way,  high of 71.

Jeff…good luck with the car shopping today!  :thumbsup: 
  Wally…this weather has been tough! Guess all I can say is I’m glad I’m not living off the grid and depending on the garden, lol. Glad you and Mr.WW were able to get out for a nice ride before the skies open up again!   Hope the windshield fix holds up!  :thumbsup:
  Bud…hope you have safe travels, enjoy your time with your brothers!   :thumbsup: :clap:
  Marv…that sucks about the lack of information with your chiropractor not going to be there. Believe I’d have done the same thing as you did…hopefully you can hold out a few weeks until his return, best wishes!   :thumbsup:
  Z…how did the linkage repair turn out?

Heading to my sons house shortly to try and get his lawns clipped before the rains move again!! Sure wish we could send this weather West where it would be beneficial.  :cookoo:    Cawfee’s on…

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #24087 on: Jul 17, 2021, 06:18 AM »
Good morning everyone.

I am off for a walk, but wanted to wish IW A Happy Birthday!

WS

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24088 on: Jul 17, 2021, 06:51 AM »
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, IW.

65* and you guess it, RAIN.
WS, I think I would be waiting for my regular doctor also. Enjoy your walk.
The wife is really getting into her vacation plans, only a week away. The boat is called the "Mary Day" out of Camden Maine.
Hope everyone stays DRY this weekend...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #24089 on: Jul 17, 2021, 07:09 AM »
Good morning everyone.

I am off for a walk, but wanted to wish IW A Happy Birthday!

WS
Thank you Marv

IW

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.