Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1608458 times)

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #23640 on: Jun 01, 2021, 05:03 AM »

Good morning Marv, ER's,
                        Welcome to June.   It's 51* and mostly cloudy. ::)
                               Marv.........Enjoy your walk. :thumbsup: We too are suppose to warm up here. :blink:
                               Dave.........Thanks for the pictures, he/she seem at home at the end of your driveway. :whistle:
                               Yesterday I tackled a dripping toilet, I could get the tank off, the bolts were rusted on so I used my Dremel tool to cut them off
                        from the inside of the tank. In doing so I cut into the ceramic tank so today I have to get some silicone to seal the washers.
                               I hope everyone has a good Tuesday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW 

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #23641 on: Jun 01, 2021, 05:31 AM »
Good Morning Marv, Jeff, Morning Everyone,
  Welcome to June!   51* here also this am, high of 72 today.

Jeff...good luck with the toilet fix, hope the silicone does the trick for you!   :thumbsup:
  Marv...best wishes to Jo with the new work schedule, imagine that will take a little bit of getting use to again.   :thumbsup:
  Dave...thanks for sharing the awesome pictures, some really excellent shots!  :clap: :thumbsup:  Did a quick check on that critter, never seen anything like it with the colors...is that a Cross Fox?

Hope everyone had a good Memorial Day yesterday!  :thumbsup:
  We had most of the family over for a few hours. The weather was lousy for most of the day, but got better as the day went on. There was a small parade for the towns that we attended, it was nice, but quite different from what it normally was. Two of my grandchildren were in it for their baseball teams...they were on floats this year.
  Quite a bit on the agenda today...starting with the lawn and ending with a visit with my Mom this afternoon.  Cawfee’s on...
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23642 on: Jun 01, 2021, 06:05 AM »
Morning all,

Drifter.....beautiful pictures, thanks for sharing  :thumbsup:

WS.....I imagine it felt like the last day of summer vacation from school around your house yesterday  :(  MAYBE it's time MrsWS starts thinking about retirement  :whistle:

Eddie.....Enjoy your visit with your Mom today  :clap:  have the restrictions eased up at all yet  ???

IW.....good luck with the repairs  :flex:

IFF.....hope the last day of your adventure was peaceful and the trip home was uneventful  ;)2

MrC.....fingers crossed your neck pain is continuing to improve  :)

Not sure what's on tap today, will be playing it by ear  ;D

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23643 on: Jun 01, 2021, 06:42 AM »
Starting to warm up here. Headed to around 90* by next week. The chance of rain Thursday keeps moving south. I finally got one of the decks power washed yesterday. Two more to go.

Eddie Enjoy the visit with your mom today.

When I saw the first picture Dave posted I figured it was a cross fox. They are not common down in the states but more so in Canada. I have only seen a couple at the fur sale I worked at, that were caught in Michigan. They were not as impressive as Dave's pet.

Steve It is hard to find a pillow that accommodates my bad neck. Most are to thick.

marv I do not envy your wife having to go to the city to work. My DIL had to go through a bunch of interviews to keep her job at the hospital she was working at as head of coding. She got the job but was not going to do the traveling that was required. She is now working at home on line for another group and loves it.

IW if you have to replace the toilet in the long run stay clear of Kohler. They are a pain to put together. /They have three bolts to hold the tank on. The bolts are to short so I had to push down on the bolts to get the nuts on. The toilet seat is flimsy and the nuts for the bolts on the seat were junk. I had to buy better  bolts to get it on.

WW We bought a new GE kitchen stove. The burner I use to do my morning eggs is huge. I have ruined a few eggs until I got it figured I had to turn it way down. The broiler does not pull out. It has a slide in rack but no broiler pan. I can not see that being used. A lot of the stoves we looked at only had one rack in the oven???

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23644 on: Jun 01, 2021, 06:45 AM »
50* and a few clouds.
WS, good luck to the wife and getting back into the office.
IW, hope the fix goes well.
Eddie, have a good visit with your Mom.
Drifter, thanks for sharing the pictures.
Lindsay and Rocky came up on Sunday and stayed until yesterday. Rain and cool most of the time, played cards, went out to breakfast on Monday morning. Sun came out late in the day.
WW, looks like some fishing and/or riding weather coming up.
Have a good day and be well....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #23645 on: Jun 01, 2021, 10:03 PM »
Good evening back to more seasonal temperature today's high was seventy five. Like others in the North East i did not see sunshine until Memorial Day afternoon. Yesterday was the NCAA men's div. 1 lacrosse championship game ,Virginia and Maryland played for the trophy back and forth game which Virginia won 17 goals to 16 for Maryland. The high school season ends tomorrow I believe sectional semi-finals and final games for each CLass(A-D) will be held next week. Still being cautious but thankfully my neck is feeling much better.
Fish/hunt4ever may your wife have enjoyed her birthday cake and any celebration. Safe travel for you if heading back to Ohio for work this week.
IFF may your trip home to Colorado be problem free.
Drifter-016 sorry the Maple Leafs season has ended I thought this may have been their year based on regular season play. Thank you for the fox photos may he/she not become a problem animal in your neighborhood.
Whopper Stopper sorry to hear you wife will be making the commute to her work place three days per week now as the United states gets back to Pre-pandemic life.
Ice Wanderer hope the silicone seals the washers on toilet tank and you have no leakage.
Eddie may today's visit with your mom have found her in good health and spirit. Hope you remember to take some photos of her great grandchildren on the parade floats to share with her during the visit.
Wallyworld the new pillow and some other things I'm doing appear to be helping my neck still a little stiffness and pain.
Tomturkey may you get all your decks power washed before the warmer weather arrives in your area. Thank you for the information about the Cross fox who visits Drifter. I thought it might have been an Arctic fox in it's summer fur colors.
Hunts2long to bad you and Lindsay were not able to get any fishing done this weekend. Sounds like you found other ways to have family fun.
Racquettedacker good to see a post from you ,may all the recent rain and cooler temperatures not have caused damage to any of the plants at the nursery.

Happy to read everyone had a safe memorial day weekend and those dealing with less then ideal weather for outside activities found ways to make the best of the weather.
 Steve

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #23646 on: Jun 02, 2021, 04:15 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

55 heading to 81, chance of a T-storm this evening.

IW.....Hope the toilet fix went well :thumbsup:

WW.... Unfortunately my wife has a few years to go before she can hang it up. If you are hitting the lake today, best of luck :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Eddie....Hope you had a good visit with your Mom :thumbsup: The parade you attended sounded like a fun time  :thumbsup:

Kind of a short night as I awoke at midnight. I decided to load some bullets so today I will set aside some range time .

Yesterday was lawn day so that ended up taking a bite out of the day. Today I plan on getting 1 of my cedars trimmed and possibly my Mugo pine. Both of them are good sized to it will take some time. I always said I was going to keep the cedars small, now it takes a 20 foot step ladder to reach the top, not sure when that happened ???

My wife's first day back went as she expected. Office politics survived the pandemic, she is just happy to be able to work 2 days from home.

I just heard my coffee pot kick on so time to grab a cup.

Hope everyone has a good day, work or play :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #23647 on: Jun 02, 2021, 04:46 AM »

Good morning Marv, ER's,
                             It's 52* and clear here on my hill. ::)
                             Marv.........Being up since midnight is going to make for a long day. :blink: Good luck at the range. :thumbsup: I'm not sure
                 the reason that Jo's company insist on bringing people back to the office when production was up when people were working from home. :unsure:
                             Tom..........I was able to get my toilet fixed with no leaks. :flex: I wouldn't have bought a Kohler toilet, they are so expensive than the other
                 brands. I have Eljer toilets and they are 17 years old and this was the first problem I had.  :)
                             Wally........The weather forecast is getting better any plans on getting out on the lake. ???
                             Eddie....... I bet you were glad to get another visit with your mother, how is she holding up.? ???
                             H2l...........It was a disappointing weekend weather wise, sorry you and Lindsay couldn't get out on the lake, there will be other opportunities
                 to get out. :thumbsup:
                             Dave.........Your SXS gets better every week, you'll have the best SXS in the north when you're done. :flex:
                             As I mentioned, I got the toilet fixed, then I cleaned up where I processed my wood and the mowed my lawn, The grass was so tall after all that
                 rain, I had to bag the clippings.
                             Today the cover for my pontoon boat is suppose to arrive, UPS usually gets here around noon so it will give me time to see how it goes on.
                 I see a trip coming.
                             I hope everyone has a good Wednesday, Hump Day either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23648 on: Jun 02, 2021, 04:51 AM »
Morning all,

Heading out to the lake (Oneida) in a few minutes  :clap: :thumbsup:  Hope the eyes are hungry today  ;)

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23649 on: Jun 02, 2021, 05:46 AM »
47* and sunny.
WW, hope to see some pictures. Good Luck.
IW, glad the repair went well. Good luck with the new top.
WS, going back to work after a weeks vacation was bad enough, I can just imagine what it must have been like for the wife.
Looks like Lindsay and I will be going out on Sat. morning. The launch shouldn't be bad early and she should be able to fight them for a spot when we come in.
Have a good day and be safe....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #23650 on: Jun 02, 2021, 06:25 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  50* and partly cloudy this am, calling for some rain and maybe a thunderstorm this afternoon, high of 71.

Wally...best of luck to you and Mr.WW today, hope those Oneida walleyes are hungry!!  :thumbsup:  The restrictions at the nursing home are getting better, however they still haven’t lifted the 2 person limit on visitation yet...hopefully that will change in the near future.   :thumbsup:
  Jeff... you had a busy day yourself yesterday, glad everything worked out well with the toilet repair and no leaks, awesome!  :clap:  Hope the new cover arrives on time today, my Mom is still holding her own yet... :thumbsup:
  Marv...be safe with the saws today, enjoy the shooting time at the range!  Glad Jo made it through the day, maybe over time management will see the benefit of working from home with clearer eyes.   :thumbsup: 
  Steve... glad to read your neck ailment is clearing up, are you using the Mypillow?   :thumbsup:
  H2...will be looking forward to your fishing report, hope all the stars line up for you and Lindsay Saturday!    :thumbsup:
  Tom...the weather guessers are calling for some blistering heat heading this way also for next week...it’s been a crazy Spring temp wise!   :cookoo:
  Bud...hope you had a wonderful time with your daughters, safe travels back to the Mile High!   :thumbsup:

Had a nice visit with my Mom, she was pretty tired and was dozing off and on most of the time, but that was fine. Her appetite has been very good still and the staff continues to be a blessing keeping us updated on her daily when someone from the family isn’t there. Thank you all for the best wishes and asking!   :bow:
  Going to tackle that stone wall repair project I’ve been putting off today, lol. Cawfee’s still on if anyone needs a refill.   ;D

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #23651 on: Jun 03, 2021, 04:42 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                               It's 58* and foggy. We had .36" of rain yesterday. Showers this morning then thunderstorms this afternoon. ::)
                               Eddie........I hope you got the stone wall repair done. :flex:
                               Wally........Waiting for your report from yesterday's lake trip. :whistle:
                               Marv.........It's funny how plants/trees get away from you. I hope you got the pruning done. :thumbsup:
                               Steve........I'm glad your neck is getting better, what pillow did you get? ???
                               H2l...........I hope you and Lindsay have a good day on Saturday, we'll be waiting for your report.
                               Bud..........Safe travels back home to Colorado. I'm glad you had a nice visit. :clap:
                              Well my cover arrived yesterday but by the time it came the clouds were rolling in so I didn't get a chance on taking the winter cover off
                     and the new one on, it looks like Saturday will be the day.
                              I hope everyone has a good Thursday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #23652 on: Jun 03, 2021, 05:00 AM »
Good morning IW! Good morning everyone :bow:

71 heading to 86 later today. We have a stretch of 90's on tap starting this weekend. Also paying a visit is Mr. Muggy :%$#!:

IW.....Glad the cover arrived  :thumbsup:

WW....Like others, can't wait to read your report :thumbsup:

Eddie.... Hope your project went well :thumbsup:

Yesterday I had just returned from my walk when the rain moved in. the guessers blew that one ??? I didn't mind as the pines I planted needed a drink, however I never got to the cedar trees.

Today I need to get a boat license for the old boat, I happen to notice it was expired when pulling it out yesterday. I'm not sure where I am going to have to go as not all centers are open yet, and some are by appointment only.

Hope you all have a good day :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #23653 on: Jun 03, 2021, 05:30 AM »
Good Morning Jeff, Marv, Morning Everyone,
  Partly cloudy and 55* this am, same weather as Jeff here again today, high of 72.

Jeff...got most of the wall repaired yesterday, will finish that up today if the rain holds off for another hour or two. Glad your cover arrived on time, hope it fits like a glove!   :thumbsup:
  Marv...wonder if Minnesota has the on-line option like NY for registering your boat? Might be worth looking into...good luck!   :thumbsup:  See that hot weather will be arriving here this weekend also...Doh!!
  I-45, Capt.J....hope you fellas are doing well.   :thumbsup:

Not sure how much rain we ended up with yesterday, never did get a rain gauge yet, but it sure came down hard for awhile!! The garden looks like it survived ok from what I can see, so that’s a plus. Most of my plants have been sitting pretty idle with the weather we’ve been having, but I’m sure they’ll start going pretty good with the warmer temps coming.
  Well, better get my motivation in gear before the rain starts falling ..Cawfee’s on!

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23654 on: Jun 03, 2021, 06:06 AM »
58* and cloudy.
IW, glad the new cover arrived.
Got the perc test done yesterday, now have to wait for the site drawing, then take it all to the town and wait for board meeting for approvable.
Hope everyone has a good day and be well...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #23655 on: Jun 03, 2021, 06:14 AM »
58* and cloudy.
IW, glad the new cover arrived.
Got the perc test done yesterday, now have to wait for the site drawing, then take it all to the town and wait for board meeting for approvable.
Hope everyone has a good day and be well...h2l

Wow, the loops you have to go through. Here all is needed is approval from build code enforcement. But then you live next to the lake.

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23656 on: Jun 03, 2021, 06:18 AM »
Morning all,

Eddie.....glad to hear your Mom is doing well  :thumbsup:  hope you can get the wall finished before the rains move in  :-\

IW.....looks like quite a stretch of hot dry weather starting Saturday, definitely time to cruise the lake  ;)2

WS....good luck getting the boat license taken care of today  :whistle:   seems we'll be sharing MrMuggy's company for awhile  :%$#!: 

H2L.....fingers crossed you and Lindsay have a good day on the water Saturday  :flex:

MrC.....glad to hear the neck is improving  ;)

Marked a lot of fish yesterday, just couldn't figure out what the heck they were looking for  ::)  We did manage to put 2 16" eyes in the boat avoiding the kitty hitchhiker  :thumbsup:   good news is we now a LOT of clean lures  ;D

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #23657 on: Jun 03, 2021, 08:31 AM »
Good morning ER's!! We had an all day rain with a t-storm this morning for a grand total of 1 1/2" of rain!!  :o That's why I like my raised beds, they drain well! Everything is looking great!! Now for some warmer weather!! My radishes are growing like crazy!! I've got a neighbor helping me eat them!! Everyone stay safe and healthy. Our mask rules are a confusing mess!! :%$#!: :cookoo:
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23658 on: Jun 03, 2021, 11:12 AM »
Made the drives all the way to Colorado  Albeit not without a lot of drama, with a few great laughs tossed in to break up the at times contemptuous.  Find my roommate got bailed out by his mother, paid to purchase a used car.  He is still on tract to get the restaurant management job like one he had in the past.  Very much to his liking.  Hand is beginning to heal, as well as all the bruises.

Now have another guy in need of a place to stay, temporary, as the outcome of a divorce is unclear if he would be able to buy out the wife's share,  in as much she has not been cooperating with past financials, and may require an additional couple months to have a judge rule.

Lots of things to catchup around the house, lawn mowing being one. So best quit burning daylight.

Nice pictures Dave.  Unusual colors for a is it a Fox ??

more craziness being reported, two days in a row of Road Rage fatal shootings, here locally, along with unruly fans.  Neighborhood House and vehicle break-in's.

Hope all goes well if anyone returning to work.

WW much success on the Walleye fishing.

More later have a good day all.

Bud

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #23659 on: Jun 03, 2021, 02:06 PM »
Bud
Yes it's a fox.
We have red foxes with very different colour patterns unlike the ones down South.
Ours have some red but there is a lot of blonde and black in them as well.
We also have Arctic foxes further North that are pure white. They're really cute.

Here's a pic of another one of our red foxes after it's lost it's winter coat.
Took this a few years ago out on the road by my cabin.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #23660 on: Jun 03, 2021, 09:56 PM »
Good evening Period of rain earlier this evening believe tomorrow's weather is similar ( periods of rain) then a dry but hot weekend with higher humidity. Hopefully not a prelude to how this Summer will be here in South Eastern NY. . Things at my store are the same some talk among employees about how long before there maybe a staff reduction as Covid restrictions are eased by the state and the company looks to cut it's payroll back to pre-pandemic level..
Whopper Stopper may you be able to obtain the boat license without to much of a hassle. Personally think office/work place politics will always exist hopefully with time your wife's employer will see that productivity levels were better with people working from home and she have to make less trips into her office.Ice wanderer good to read your pontoon cover arrived may it fit the boat properly. Glad the silicone worked on the toilet.
Wallyworld good to hear you avoided the striped kitty and now have a bunch of "Clean fishing lures" .
Hunts2long may you get approval from the town board to due the work on your septic system. I hope you and Lindsay find the walleyes in feeding mode on Saturday.
Eddie happy to read your mom is doing well and her nursing home keeps the family updated on her health. Did you beat the rain today and complete the stone wall repair. To answer your and IW's question went to my local Target store to look at pillow the one I purchased is a none major brand name working for me so far I do have to break out my magnifying glass and read the tags on the pillow to see if the whole pillow is machine washable or just the outer cover.
OldSailor nice that your raised garden beds have good drainage Happy for you that to date everything is growing well and you are getting a bumper crop of radishes.
IFF good to read you made it back to Colorado problem free. glad things are working out for your house mate.
Drifter-016 will you be able to take your boat out to the cabin this weekend or still to much remaining ice on the lakes. Thank you for the fox photo. I will post a link below to a website i found that has information on Cross foxes and other fox species.
Capt.Jim,Icefisher-45 ditto Eddie's words may all be good with you gentlemen and your families.

Here is the link for Fox information website.  www.allthingsfoxes.com/crossfoxes

Everyone have a good night.
 Steve

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #23661 on: Jun 04, 2021, 04:41 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                               It's 61* and cloudy but it's suppose to clear a little later. ::)
                               Steve.........We are going to take the winter cover off today, try the new cover and get the toon ready for a trip this weekend. :flex:
                    You have been at the store a long time, I would hope your job is secured. :thumbsup:
                               Dave..........That's a nice picture of a fox. :thumbsup:
                               Eddie..........I hope you were able to get your wall finished, we had rain on and off all day. :unsure:
                               Marv...........I hope you were able to get your boat registered. :thumbsup: A neighbor went yesterday and bought a new trailer and
                    went to Motor vehicle in our county. He said there were only 3 people inside and got it registered with no hassles. :flex:
                               Wally..........I'm glad you and Mr. WW evaded the striped Kitty. :flex:
                               H2l.............Saturd ay is looking good to be out. Good luck to you and Lindsay. :thumbsup:
                               Bud............It sounds a little like Payton Place out your way. lol :roflmao:
                               OS.............Raised beds are the way to go, they heat up faster and drain well, I'm glad your garden is doing good. :flex: My cucumber
                    plants went south, so I had to get some more and start over.  :%$#!:
                               As mentioned above, I'm getting the toon ready to cruise the lake this weekend.
                               I hope everyone has a good Friday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #23662 on: Jun 04, 2021, 05:00 AM »
Good morning IW! Good morning everyone :bow:

It's going to be a cooker here today, 96 expected.

The old boat is loaded, licensed, and hooked up. The s-i-l and I are heading to a WI lake looking for muskies today.

The license center here had 20 in line before me, but I waited them out.

Hope everyone has a good day :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23663 on: Jun 04, 2021, 05:26 AM »
60* and light rain.
IW, being on the lake can be a pain. Wonder where all those boaters go? They even torn out the bathrooms at the launch. I thought they may have put up porta-poddies but not yet.
IFF, glad the trip went well. There are a lot of NUTS in the world today.
Drifter, cool looking fox.
WS, hope you have a good day on the water.
WW, that's a start to the walleye season. Going to be warm early next week. I heard the water temp here was 64* yesterday.
Have a good day and stay well...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #23664 on: Jun 04, 2021, 06:30 AM »
Good Morning Jeff, Marv, H2, Morning Everyone,
  60* and raining here on the Hill, suppose to stop in another hour or so, scattered thundershowers this afternoon, high of 72 today.  Not looking forward to the heat moving in tomorrow, but it will be nice seeing the sun again.

Jeff...I lost 3 out of 4 cucumbers myself and most of my tomato plants and a few peppers are looking pretty bad now. Sucks, they were looking real good up until that cold weather and rain moved in. I believe it’s water wilt from all the rain we’ve been getting? Going to see what happens after a few days of sun. Good luck with the cover and the maiden voyage tomorrow!!  :thumbsup:
  Marv...wow, 96!  :woot:  Glad you didn’t have any issues getting the boat licensed, awesome.Wishing you guys the best of luck with the Muskies today, will be looking forward to your report!  :clap: :thumbsup:
  H2...glad the perc test went well, good luck cutting through the rest of the red tape for approval.   Hope you and Lindsay find the walleyes hungry tomorrow... :thumbsup:
  Steve...X2 on Jeff’s reply, hope your job isn’t jeopardy!  Finished off my stone project.  :thumbsup:
  Dave...another great picture, love the colors!  :clap:  Hopefully it won’t be too long before the ice lifts and the cabin porn starts again, we’ll be standing by!   :thumbsup:
  Bud... glad you had a good trip and arrived back home safely! Seems the crime rates continue to rise with these stupid relaxed laws that are so common now, believe it’s past time to get back to reality...do the crime, do the time. Hope they can catch those thieves. Glad to read your roommate is doing better. :thumbsup:
  OS...glad to read your garden is producing, raised beds here as well. Please keep us posted as the season continues.    :thumbsup:
  Wally... congratulations on keeping the striped kitty out of the boat!  :clap:  Did you try anchoring up and jigging at all?

Running some errands today and stopping by a farm to pickup some more plants for the garden...getting a rain gauge is on the list!  ;D
  The stone wall repair went pretty easy, did find a few garden snakes who were homesteading in the pile...they went about their way without to much persuading.
  Cawfee’s still on...

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23665 on: Jun 04, 2021, 08:28 AM »
Well it has been a week at work, and travel again on Sunday so hopefully I have tomorrow off but time will tell. Then back to being by my self when I get back to this part of the country with my coworker on vacation for a week then maybe back to Ohio again, so this month looks shot, but there is always next month right. Hate seeing these hotter temps, looks like mid 90's here for a bit not looking forward to the triple digits come august.  Have a good Friday everyone and have a great weekend.

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23666 on: Jun 04, 2021, 08:52 AM »
Morning all,

IW.....hope the new cover is a perfect fit  ;)  enjoy the touring, perfect weather for it  :thumbsup:

WS.....glad to hear the boat is squared away and hope you and your s-i-l have sore arms by now from reeling all those muskies in  :flex:

IFF.....fingers crossed the laughs outnumbered the "discussions"  :whistle:  where to next  ???

Eddie.....sorry to hear the garden took a beating, hope things settle down some now  :-\  never done much jigging, probably a better method for catching right now tho  :blink:  how's Cody doing with his new meds  ???

OS.....glad you and the neighbor are enjoying the radish crop  :clap:

H2L....looking forward to your report tomorrow, maybe some pics too  ;D   Oneida temp was about 63* pretty normal for this time of year  ;)2

FH4....sorry to hear work is getting in the way of summer play time  :(  safe travels  ;)

MrC......fingers crossed you aren't affected by any lay offs at work  :unsure:

Drifter......that is one beautiful creature for sure  :thumbsup:

Tomorrow is our annual "Believe 271" benefit bike ride, weather is looking great with sun and mid 80's  :thumbsup: :clap:  lots of prep work to be done today/tonight to be ready to start signing people in tomorrow morning at 8:30   ;)  I included a link to a story in the local paper for anyone interested in reading a little about the cause and ride.

https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fromesentinel.com%2Fstories%2Fmotorcycle-ride-to-raise-awareness-of-cancer-other-serious-illnesses-in-firefighters%2C115953&data=04%7C01%7C%7C3a637f71c2544f1ac43d08d9275f6b84%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637584113036639460%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=GN44hg1dKoQn5b3d6YFkMl0UQDgiWkiFDNp3Y3eCFOY%3D&reserved=0

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #23667 on: Jun 04, 2021, 11:05 AM »
Steve
Won't be boating out to the cabin this weekend.  :whistle:
We did have some rain yesterday and now it's uber foggy.
I have 5 weeks of vacation planned for the end of the month and will be working on the cabin the whole time. Well when I'm not fishing.  ;D

Oops, had last years image.  ::)

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #23668 on: Jun 04, 2021, 11:47 AM »
Good morning/afternoon again everyone :bow:

Well, the fishing trip was a bust. Just as I was getting to the lake a wheel bearing decided to seize up :%$#!: It took an hour to get a new one and we had a dickens of a time getting the trailer jacked up. By the time we got it changed I was dripping wet. We stopped at the access and you already had to park about 1/4 mile from the landing. Some days just aren't meant to happen.

Anyway, Thanks for the good wishes, I will save them for another day.

WS

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #23669 on: Jun 04, 2021, 12:56 PM »
Marv
Make sure you service the other bearing before you head out again.
Would suck to have it crap out on trip #2.  ;)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.