Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1607842 times)

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #23610 on: May 28, 2021, 08:48 PM »
Good evening rain falling weather guessers saying my area might see upto 2 inches from this storm. Looks like there is a chance of rain for the next two days. I've been busy the past few day so have not posted . I work up with a sore neck yesterday been alternating hot and cold treatments plus taking some over the counter pain medicine all of that is helping some also changed my pillow so see what happens over the next few days. I may need to get a different chair for when I'm on the computer or find some way to raise the height of monitor . It was good to see one of my former neighbors on Monday and catch up on all the changes that have happened on the street since i moved just wish a happier event caused us to get together.
IFF have a good trip with your daughter. May your housemate be making a good recoverry from any injuries suffered in the car accident.
Tomturkey glad you are still able to view and post here on Ice Shanty. May the recent doctor appointments have been good for your wife and you.
Whopper Stopper thank your for posting the photo of the fawn. Best to your wife when she has the cataract surgery. I hope the girls found a hanging basket that was to their liking today.
Hunts2long may the perc. test have shown no problems. Best to you and Lindsay if you do get out fishing over this holiday weekend.
Eddie similar story with mask wearing at the wake i attended on Monday. Some stores here are also say you do not need to wear a face mask if you have been vaccinated as I've posted before may we not see a resurgence of Covid over the Summer. I hope the Vet is able to help Cody.
Wallyworld nice to read your grandchildren's sports games/events were victories for their teams. Nice going on the fire wood.
Ice Wanderer may doctors get your Mil back to good health. Good to hear you had some help from "Magic Mike" and you are also done with fire wood processing over then stacking the split wood. They have finished the work on laundry rooms the new staircases and landings do make the complex look a little better.
Icefisher-45 may your wife's brother have problem free travel and all of you have a good holiday weekend. Thank you for the condolences.
Fish/Hunt4ever glad you get back to Wyoming safely. Enjoy the weekend at the campground. I hope things work out and your wife can come with you to Ohio on one of your trips. happy Birthday wishes sent her way.
Capt.Jim happy to read the tornado by-passed your area of Kansas. Best to Ellie with her travels may she have a good time seeing friends and relatives.
OldSailor hope all is good for you and the family.
Drifter-016 glad you wre able to get the turn signals and light bar installed over the Victoria Day weekend.

My apology if I missed replying to anyone's posts. A safe and good memorial Day weekend to everyone.
 Steve

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23611 on: May 29, 2021, 05:52 AM »
39* this morning. WW, hope you brought some of that wood in the house, might need it this weekend.
F/H4, thanks for the picture, enjoy the weekend.

The perc test should go fine, just doing it because of the CODE for the permit. It is all sand. My brother thinks I just have a sand plugged line. Lines that are put in today has some kind of dome system that prevents that issue, so I am told.

Lindsay and I are playing it day by day on the fishing.

Hope everyone has a good weekend....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #23612 on: May 29, 2021, 06:17 AM »
Good Morning H2, Morning Everyone,
  A wet weekend here in the North East. Light rain falling and 39* this am, high of 46 today...feels like Fall outside again.  :cookoo:

H2...not the best weather today for fishing out in the boat, but tomorrow might be better!  Best of luck with the perc test!   :thumbsup:
  Steve...guess only time will tell what’s going to happen without needing the masks. To be honest, I can’t stand wearing them, but...I’m keeping one with me at all times for awhile yet. Trusting the public sits pretty low on my list, lol.   ;D
  FH4...looks like a real nice spot to hang your hat for the weekend, hope the fish cooperate!  :clap: 
  Marv...been there before with the flowers, lol, that was a good idea getting dropped off!   :roflmao:  Sure wish the vaccination rant went through....my blood is boiling a tad over all the prizes and giveaways taking place also. What a freaking joke... :%$#!:
  I-45...glad you had a chance to meet your BIL, hope you all had a great time together!   :clap: :thumbsup:
  Tom...have been using this Vet for about the last 10 years now. It sure keeps the stress level down from having to transport our dogs, unless of course they need something done at the office. The Vet is local, so that makes it pretty convenient.   :thumbsup:  Oddly enough, one of the issues we have been dealing with is an ongoing ear infection and deafness.
  Jeff...did you get any snow up your way, lol?   :woot:

The Vet came by and did a pretty thorough examination of my old boy Cody. He has a couple tumors she would like to do surgery on, but agreed at his age and state of health, it may be too much for him...we’re not going to go that route. She prescribed antibiotics for an ear infection and an infected area on his tail he’s been having as well as drops for his ears. Also prescribed some CBD oil for some anxiety issues...hopefully everything will work out. Will see her again in 2 weeks for a follow up.  :thumbsup:
  Not much on the planner today yet, looks like it will be an indoor day....Cawfee’s on!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23613 on: May 29, 2021, 10:36 AM »
Morning all,

MrC.....hope the neck is feeling better today  ;)

Eddie....glad nothing too serious came from the vet's visit, wishing Cody a speedy recovery and the cbd oil can help his anxiety  :thumbsup:

WS......sooooo, are you the proud owner of a new flower basket yet  ??? :roflmao:

FH4.....looks like a perfect spot to spend the weekend  :clap:

H2L.....I know they say time flies when you're having fun BUT spring and summer sure passed a lot quicker than I could have imagined, not ready for fall yet  :wacko:

IW....hope the stacking goes well today  :flex:

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #23614 on: May 29, 2021, 02:54 PM »
Good afternoon everyone  :bow:

A beautiful day on this part of the map. I'm thinking we are at the high of 64, Les is sticking around for a few days :thumbsup:

Hope everybody is having a good Saturday. The girl's took off north this morning to fish by a lake close to the shack.

They never did find the basket of flowers they wanted. Instead they bought a few plants and made their own.

No plans here for the weekend. Just going to hang out and sample a few Ernie's.

Hope you all have a good Memorial Day weekend. Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #23615 on: May 29, 2021, 08:50 PM »
Good evening like much of the north Eastern U.S. it was a cooler day here don't think it got above fifty degrees with rain earlier in the day. Weather guessers calling for more rain overnight and tomorrow wich will only see a high temperature of maybe fifty five. Purchased a new pillow today which hopefully will be more supportive of my head,during the mid.1990's i was in two car accidents resulting in a sprained neck both times think I some how aggravated the old injury.Doing better today just have to be careful when reaching for and lifting certain items.
Hunts2long if you and Lindsay do get out on the water remember to bring some type of jacket/windbreaker with these cooler temperatures.
Eddie, I have similar feelings about the face masks being an eyeglasses wearer it was fun at times this Winter with my glasses fogging. Learned something from your post did not know CBD oil was being used ito treat certain animal medical conditions. Just find it funny how now the use of marijuana and certain things extracted from it are allowed for medical use big change from the 1960's-1970's .
Wallyworld thank you for the get well wishes. I'm giving it a few more days to clear up if not will seek medical treatment. The pain and soreness appear suddenly on Thursday. Believe the North East will see more seasonal temperatures by Tuesday.
Whopper Stopper nice job by the "Girls' on creating their own flower basket.  :thumbsup: Glad someone is have pleasant weather this holiday weekend.
OldSailor may you not be located to close to Lake Erie I saw a news reports about highwinds causing big waves and flooding in places.

To those seeing cooler weather hope you checked your over night weather forecast and have taken any necessary action to protect your gardens and other outside plants. Enjoy the rest of the Memorial day weekend and as Fish/hunt4ever said please take a moment to give thanks to our current and past Military service members especially those who made the ultimate sacrifice for our nation.

Everyone have a good night.
 Steve

Online OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #23616 on: May 29, 2021, 08:57 PM »
mr. clean--- I live in the southwest part of the state, quite a ways from Lake Erie. Thanks for the concern!! Be safe and stay healthy everyone!!!
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #23617 on: May 29, 2021, 09:12 PM »
 OldSailor you are welcome, glad you did not have to deal with any flodding or wind related problems.

Steve

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #23618 on: May 30, 2021, 05:24 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                            It's 41* and partly cloudy, showers and rain is forecast for later.
                            Eddie........We did get snow, Friday night. It was a mix of rain and snow but a couple of miles from hear there was enough to
                 make a snowball. :o Luckily my garden survived. :thumbsup:
                            Marv........ I hope Jo and Jen caught a mess of fish. :flex: Enjoy your relaxing time. :thumbsup:
                            H2l...........The weather guessers only show any favorable weather for fishing today up till 5pm, hope you and Lindsay can get out. :unsure:
                            Steve........I hope the new pillow helps. :thumbsup: I read an article that states people should get a new pillow every 2 years. :blink: Old Injuries
                seem to catch up to you as you age. :whistle:
                            Fish..........I hope you are having a good weekend with the family. :clap:
                            Friday I stacked some wood for a while then did a surprise project for my wife. Magic Mike and I had plans to stack wood yesterday but I wasn't
                 in to it but he insisted so we ended up finishing my wood. I'm glad he talked me into it. After we were done and talking a while he asked me for a favor,
                 I'll be helping him take down some trees around his cabin that should have been taken down before he started building.
                            My wife is slated to come home today, her mother is feeling better but still isn't 100%. Later today we are suppose to go to our neighbors for
                 a BBQ.
                           I hope everyone has a good Sunday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23619 on: May 30, 2021, 05:33 AM »
42* this morning.
MrC. on those cool days I always take enough for me, the problem is Lindsay ends up with most of it. I learned to take an extra shirt or two.
IW, good job on the wood, glad the wife is coming back in time to enjoy the BBQ.
Pretty quite day yesterday but that will change, Lindsay and Rocky are coming today.
Have a nice Sunday....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23620 on: May 30, 2021, 06:35 AM »
Morning all,

H2L.....always better to have more clothes with you than not enough  ;)2

WS.....hope the fishing was good and you enjoyed the quiet time  :)  pretty flowers  :thumbsup:

MrC.....definitely has not been the ideal weather for a holiday weekend here in the northeast  ::) 

IW......it's a great feeling to have the firewood project in the rearview  :flex:  glad your M-I-L is doing better, safe travels to MrsIW  :)

Eddie.....did you have a chance to visit your Mom this weekend  ???

OS......saw some pics of Erie with the crazy wind/waves in Ohio :wacko: :cookoo:

IFF.....hope you and your daughter are having a good time  @)

Another chilly damp day with nothing much on the planner  :-\  things start looking better beginning tomorrow  :thumbsup:

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #23621 on: May 30, 2021, 07:04 AM »
Good Morning Jeff, H2, Wally, Morning Everyone,
  Cloudy and 43* this am, more rain on the way, high of 46 today.

H2...enjoy the day with Lindsay and Rocky, looks like some favorable weather coming back our way this week.  :thumbsup:
  Jeff...glad Magic Mike stopped by and you got the woodpile completed, nice! Good news on your MIL, enjoy the BBQ today.  :clap:  :thumbsup:  I thought I heard the weatherman mention something about possible snow up your way! Glad your garden made it through with no problems, crazy weather!!
  Steve...Agreed, I think back in the 60’s and 70’s with the Rockefeller Laws, possession of a marijuana seed might have been enough to get you arrested...my how things have changed huh?  ;D  The CBD oil for dogs I purchased was at a regular drug store, it’s bacon flavored and I put it in a dog biscuit. It’s supposed to be good for anxiety, arthritis, joint pain, inflammation, etc. with little to no side effects other than possible drowsiness. I hope the new pillow helps, best wishes sent your way with the neck issue, hopefully it passes soon.   :thumbsup:
  Marv...tipping the hat to the ladies on a beautiful basket!!  :clap:  Hope the bite was on for them yesterday, will be looking forward to your report today!  :thumbsup:
  Wally...thank you, hoping to see some improvements over the next few weeks with Cody.  Looking like better weather heading this way soon, any plans for another trip to the big lake?    :thumbsup:  Have a scheduled appointment for Tuesday with my Mom.   :thumbsup:

Had a few breaks in the weather yesterday to get outside for a bit, but didn’t get too much accomplished. Today looks like a repeat, lol. 
  Sat down with my granddaughter and played Go Fish yesterday. While we were playing, I started singing the Gambler song by Kenny Rogers, heard it earlier in the day. Next thing I hear is my granddaughter repeating the words...it was pretty funny, so we continued on with that for awhile. It’s the little things like that that make rain days good days... ;D.   Cawfee’s on...
  Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #23622 on: May 30, 2021, 07:43 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

54 with showers expected, we may see 65 later today.

IW....Congrats on getting the wood wrapped up :thumbsup: Enjoy the BBQ!

WW...Hope the weather straightens out so you can get back on the fish :thumbsup:

Eddie.... Unfortunately, the fishing was off for the girls yesterday. My wife caught one 17" bass and the s-i-l caught 8 smaller n.pike. The 2 days of rain didn't do them any favors, and of course the Jet Skies, and boat traffic  :whistle:

h2l.... Enjoy your time with Lindsay and Rocky :thumbsup:

mr.clean....Hope the new pillow helps :thumbsup:

Nothing on the planner today. I have a rifle that needs the barrel floated and possibly a bedding job, but will do that next week.

Hope you all have a good Sunday :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23623 on: May 30, 2021, 08:16 AM »
Good morning ER’s Checking in via the phone so far it’s been a shaky cruise took a unexpected stopping in at grand daughter’s and got introduced to the 5 great grandchildren found lots of holes to bounce in and out of know I am missing two wheel covers one from front 1 from rear duel wheels and several screws from  cabinet’s.  The state park camping ground’s are great lots of tall trees for shade which helped the Air Conditioner which also has worked very well.  Now I have my work cut out for me to keep everything peaceful at one point daughter wanted to be taken to the airport.  At least we are still able to speak to each other.  Not expected to get up very warm maybe 64 with stiff 11-14 north wind and gusts to 25 may be breaking camp later today   
Best to All

Bud

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #23624 on: May 30, 2021, 12:16 PM »
Spent yesterday working on the SxS. Installed a wireless remote for the winch and mounted up the new battery.
The factory one is kinda wimpy.  ;D
The 750 CCA Optima yellow top will be much better.
Installing the billet aluminum mount for the battery was the biggest task of the day as I had to remove a lot of parts and drill a bunch of rivets to drop the skid plates to access the underside to through bolt the mount. Took several hours and drew a lot of blood for that job.
Waiting on wiring and connectors to arrive so I can finish it off.

Once the work was done I went and played in the sandbox for a bit.   ;D

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #23625 on: May 30, 2021, 12:36 PM »
Looks Geat Dave!

Hard to beat an Optima :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

WS

Online fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23626 on: May 30, 2021, 01:00 PM »
Fishing has been slow but beats working any day. Got a text that they needed someone to work but got out of that one. Caught a couple bass and some small perch. Went for walleye with the wife losing one. Been a good relaxing time.

First keeper.

Second keeper

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #23627 on: May 30, 2021, 08:45 PM »
Good evening cold,damp and rainy day here believe tomorrow it warms back up to the lower seventy's with rain for part of the day. The new pillow seems to be a good invest did not wake as to sore and stiff in the neck area today. I had plans to visit my sister and Bil but with the weather and my neck decided to stay home. I heard repeated booms earlier today think it is related to the USMA/West Point as they get ready for incoming class of cadets and start of "Beast Barracks" (basic training). Artillery training is part of the program so I will be hearing the booms for the next few weeks. I believe Induction Day for new Cadets is this coming Tuesday.
Ice Wanderer hope your wife had a safe and problem free trip home. Good to read your Mil is doing better health wise. Good to hear with motivation frand help from magic Mike your firewood supply for the Winter of 2021-2022 is now stacked. Best to both of you with the tree work at his cabin. Enjoy the BBQ. with the neighbors.
Hunts2long guess that is part of being a parent taking care of your children regardless of their age. ;D I hope all of you had a good day.
Wallyworld agree not the best weather for all the parades and other outdoor activities. On the positive side your garden will not need to be watered although the grass will grow and need mowing.
Eddie I've see the CBD oil for sale at gas station mini-markets hope it is of some help to Cody. Nice story about your granddaughter.
Whopper Stopper may the girls have better weather and results on their next fishing trip. may your riffle preform better after the barrel floating and bedding work.
IFF nice to hear that you got to meet more of your great grandchildren on your trip. Have a safe return journey back to Wisconsin and Colorado.
Drifter-016 may you hands not be to badly cut and scrapped up after working on the SxS. Glad you had time to do a little playing with the vehicle.
Fish/hunt4ever happy someone is having better weather then me this weekend. best to you and the family with any fishing tomorrow.

Here is a hyperlink to a story in my local newspaper. the author Barry Lewis is a former reporter and chief editor of the newspaper. He is now semi-retired and writes an article for Sunday editions of the newspaper. Brief history on memorial Day and his feelings about the day.   recordonline.com May 30TH edition.

Stay safe and healthy, enjoy the rest of this holiday weekend.
 Steve

Online fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23628 on: May 30, 2021, 09:05 PM »
One more night and will fish for a bit tomorrow morning and then head home and get the wife's birthday dinner going when we get home. Then cake afterwards she did not want to do anything while I was away. Caight a few more bass had this keeper but let it go to maybe get some meat on its bones.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #23629 on: May 31, 2021, 04:44 AM »

WS

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #23630 on: May 31, 2021, 04:47 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                                Happy Memorial Day ER's.
                                It's 45* and cloudy with showers expected, Warmer weather is on it's way. ::)
                                I just want to take this time to remind everyone that today we honor those who gave the total sacrifice to our freedom.

IW

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #23631 on: May 31, 2021, 05:02 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
   :bow:   Happy Memorial Day!!   :bow:

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23632 on: May 31, 2021, 05:39 AM »
Big X 2 up to 56* north wind at 6 bit chilly for here I’m told. See Denver is getting some rain showers for couple day’s. Will be nice to get home,  roommate sent pictures of his many bruises,  Ouch  no wonder he has some pain legs look like hamburger

Camp ground is beginning to come to life coffee is made girls are still asleep will be packing up shortly

Stay safe all
Bud

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23633 on: May 31, 2021, 05:55 AM »
Happy Memorial Day! Thanks to All.
Northville, NY

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #23634 on: May 31, 2021, 06:01 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
   :bow:   Happy Memorial Day!!   :bow:

Never forget.....
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23635 on: May 31, 2021, 06:02 AM »
Morning all,

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23636 on: May 31, 2021, 08:43 AM »
Happy Memorial day to all. Special  Thanks again to Lou W.

Online OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #23637 on: May 31, 2021, 10:29 AM »
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #23638 on: May 31, 2021, 09:14 PM »
While my favorite team was choking yet again I moseyed into the kitchen for a glass of milk and saw my little buddy that lives at the bottom of my driveway was out and about so I grabbed my camera and shot a few pics.
He/she is certainly relaxed with me around. :)

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #23639 on: Jun 01, 2021, 04:52 AM »
Good morning Everyone :bow:

56, heading to 80. The guessers are saying by weeks end a string of 90's will be in the mix.

Dave....Excellent pictures :thumbsup: Thanks for sharing!

Hope everyone had a good Memorial Day.

Today my wife makes the drive as she goes back to work. She will be working from home on Mondays and Wednesdays with Tuesday, Thursday and Friday being at her office in the jungle.

I have a few things to work on outside today, but first up is a walk.

Hope you all have a good day :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.