Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1629156 times)

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #26220 on: Jan 12, 2022, 04:14 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                        It's -4* here on my hill. ::)
                        Eddie.........I took that ride yesterday and Harris Bay on LG is frozen out to the island. :clap: Tomorrow Jon, my #3 son and I are hitting Schroon Lake. :thumbsup:

Zcm..........I'm glad you were able to land some fish on your last day of vacation. :flex:
                        H2l...........GSL should be tightening up with these temps. :unsure:
                        Fish..........Maybe a piece of Plexiglas will keep the heat lamp glass from getting in the tank. :%$#!:
                        Wally........Hopefully the wind isn't keeping the lakes out that way from skimming over? ???
                        Marv........ It's a shame that other fishermen do give you enough room, that you have to move Shamu. :%$#!:
                        Bud..........I hope you found your heater, you'll need it. :whistle:
                        OG...........I hope you can get the drain problem fixed. Just remember s5!t flows down hill. LOL :roflmao: 
                        Steve.......Here are some picture of the ice castle in progress, they expect to open by the end of the month. They wanted to open sooner but the weather
             Put a damper on that.

I hope everyone has a good Wednesday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #26221 on: Jan 12, 2022, 05:07 AM »
Good Morning Jeff, Morning Everyone,
  Happy Hump Day!  ;D       Fairly calm and 6*here this am, warming up today to 32 for a high.

Jeff…that’s great news on LG, hope the colder weather sticks around now and the snow stays away! Thank you for sharing all the pictures, the ice castle is looking awesome, can’t wait to see that!   :clap: :thumbsup:  Best of luck to all of you guys tomorrow, hope the Lakers are ready for some sore lips!   :thumbsup: :icefish:
  Bud… :bow:  HAPPY be-lated BIRTHDAY SIR!!! Hope you enjoyed your special day!   :bow:
  Dave…love the cold, but I don’t know how you do it up there with those extreme temperatures, WOW!!  :flex:
  Steve…thank you, it seems the boys have been getting the upper hand on me with the catching for a few years now, lol.  :tipup:  Yesterday’s news from the nursing home was they were waiting for the official notifications from the DOH. Haven’t received anything since, so my brother and I intend on going for breakfast again this morning and see what happens.
  FH4…sorry to read that about the heat lamp, man that sucks! Maybe Jeff’s idea will workout for you or H2 may have a suggestion….best of luck getting that problem out of the way.   :thumbsup:
  OG…hope the drain problem is fixed…best of luck with the fishing!   :thumbsup:
  Z…congrats on the catching!   :clap:
  H2…kicking around the idea of a trip up to GSL soon…keep you posted!   :thumbsup:
  Wally…the temps have been ideal for ice, but that darn snow out your way isn’t helping matters….hopefully things change soon!   :thumbsup:
  Marv…will be looking forward to your report, best of luck to you today if you’re heading back out!   :thumbsup:

Hopefully get past the BS red tape concerning the nursing homes this morning…everyone we spoke to yesterday was sincerely trying to be helpful to us but clueless also on how the new rules were actually going to work. Appears to be just another stupid uninformed power grab by our Governor by the looks of things.  :%$#!: 
  Planning on an afternoon trip again locally today, and a whole day trip tomorrow with the boys to a lake to be determined yet…still haven’t decided yet.
  Cawfee’s on…
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #26222 on: Jan 12, 2022, 05:08 AM »
Good morning IW! Good morning everyone :bow:

+28 to start it off will see mid 30's for the afternoon.

I am running late this morning. Yesterday I saw 4-5 np and a couple of walleyes that had no interest in biting. One highlight yesterday was, for the first time since I have sat in a dark house, 3 northerns came into the hole at the same time. 2 were actually pretty good size (30"?) but none were interested in biting just looking at the jig I had on.

The area I am in is getting busy with others. By 8:30 people were driving up stopping to see if I was having any luck. 2 guys brought their houses out so there was a lot of sawing and chopping going on. I will stay put until the fish sightings dwindle then I will be moving. Activity like that will kill the spot as the fish move out. I am only in 7' of water so noise doesn't go un-noticed under the ice.

Good morning Eddie!

Hope you all have a good day :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26223 on: Jan 12, 2022, 05:39 AM »
Morning all, 30° and clear at the moment, forecast is 40° and cloudy this afternoon. Fortunately, the forecast for the rest of the week looks good after this warm bump today, back down to the teens at night from Friday onward.

Coil did have a weak cylinder for the car, so I replaced it, but something is still wrong. Taking it to the shop Monday to get it figured out. That puts a bit of a damper on my fishing plans, because the wife's car is too small to put the fish house in the trunk, and there's no hitch on it to pull the trailer  :-\

masoneddie - hope you get into some fish. I'm chomping at the bit to get back out myself. Ice seasons are typically short here, so I try to get out as many days as possible when we do have ice.

IW - good luck  ;D

mr.clean - hoping it's a quick fix, too. I need it to haul my fish house. I had really figured the coil was the sole issue, since it has caused similar problems in the past. Replacing it helped at highway speed, but it's still got a bad miss at low speeds and idle.

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26224 on: Jan 12, 2022, 05:53 AM »
Morning all,

Eddie.....hope you can get a straight answer on the testing today  :unsure:  good luck on the ice  :)

WS.....hope the "looky loos" decide to try a bite today  ;)2

IW....guys are on Oneida already where it was open water 2 days ago  :o  thanks for the pics  :thumbsup:

Z....hope the fix is a simple one  :-\

IFF.....good luck if you're heading out today  :icefish:

MrC.....seems most of the snow stayed just north of us, no complaints here  :clap:

My son and grandson are coming today, spending the night then heading out tomorrow to a hockey tournament in Buffalo this weekend  :thumbsup: we're going out Friday till Sunday to catch his games  :)

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy. 

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26225 on: Jan 12, 2022, 06:56 AM »
4* and clear this morning.
Eddie, rode down to the campsite yesterday, gate is still closed and I didn't see anyone on the ice. There is a guy that lives in the village that gets out on the ice a lot. I will hit up with him and see if he will SHARE a tip or two to someone that doesn't ice fish anymore.
Amber was off yesterday and she and her mother got ALL Christmas stuff packed up. Only the tree has to come down, then the tubs can be but away. They got it done EARLY this year.
Hope everyone has a good day and be safe....h2l

IFF, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!
Northville, NY

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26226 on: Jan 12, 2022, 08:59 AM »

Good Morning ER's hope everyone is well. WW is that a castle in the first pic. IW still have water to get out of house. I had to put in huge totes to keep it from leaving cement area out onto floors. One toilet did not fill last night but a 89 yr. old may not have enough strength to flush. Good Luck on your lake with #3. Eddie the Nursing Home issues are spread out all over the country  hope you and Mother are heading for calmer seas. Bud looks like my extra flasher battery won't go past 11.5 could be the 3 chinese chargers are shot. I think clipping the wires and keeping clips might be in order.

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26227 on: Jan 12, 2022, 09:51 AM »
Well was just below freezing at 4 this morning when I got to work then drooped down to 19 so a warmer day today, have a few interested in minnows from the shanty so might sell a few here and there. Gearing up for my derby next weekend headed out Thurs to get set up for the derby that goes Friday to Sunday at noon. We'll another year older today but just another day at work for me. Been trying to figure out why the bulbs have been blown but have not seen water or anything on them bought the red ones this time as that bulb is going strong and is a couple years old so maybe it is just the clear bulbs that are the issue. Found out that the feed store Murdochs sold the bulbs in 2 packs for 7.99 for 2 clear and 9.99 for 2 red bulbs. Have a great hump day everyone. Have a good time on the ice if anyone gets out and stay safe out there.

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26228 on: Jan 12, 2022, 10:16 AM »
FH4….happy birthday 🎂

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26229 on: Jan 12, 2022, 01:56 PM »
   Happy Birthday FH4          Bud you on the ice?        You up for ice time later tonight or tomorrow? 

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #26230 on: Jan 12, 2022, 02:07 PM »
FH4….Happy Birthday!

WS

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #26231 on: Jan 12, 2022, 03:34 PM »
Fish ,.....Happy Birthday

IW

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #26232 on: Jan 12, 2022, 03:35 PM »
Fish ,.....Happy Birthday

IW

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #26233 on: Jan 12, 2022, 04:28 PM »
Happy B'Day FH4!!!!

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26234 on: Jan 12, 2022, 05:44 PM »
Started out this morning temp at 32* think it got up to 40* so no heater needed, located the Clam insulated bait bucket, when I took it out of the carrying case see it had been crushed a little and has a break inside about halfway up.  So minnows had to be put in a baggie first. Daughter bailed, bad back, so off I went to Whitewater Lake, found 3 others, out so loaded up the sled, got the cold weather on, and had bite at first hole, no hookups, was just feeding as it turned out nursery sizes.  I thought perch were hatched bigger than what I was able to catch. Then a nice crappie came top side, the flag with a minnow on went up, 22" northern.  4 inches too short for that lake. Traded phone numbers with the young lad that was there, second time in 5 years.  I was like the guy you know that can get lost in a paper bag....for a while, had to borrow the guys tape measure, then I found mine right where I left it, not in my pocket.  Nice lake for bait fish, perch and bluegills perfect for my tip up. Place is over run with small gills. think the biggest I caught barely broke 3"  Fished on 8" of good solid ice. One of the locals came out with his ATV, and went back and got his shanty, pulled it out and got it set.

Guy that was on ice before I got there said he finished the day with 13short Northerns.

All in all a fun day and maybe a new fishing friend. He is layed off, for the winter, runs an excavator.

OG what you have in mind. I have the day off  :unsure: :whistle: Hey wait a minute, I have everyday off.  ;D

Happy B-Day FH4 
Bud

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #26235 on: Jan 12, 2022, 05:44 PM »
Same from the OldSailor!!! Many more!!! :thumbsup: :clap: :flex: :bow:
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #26236 on: Jan 12, 2022, 08:26 PM »
4 inches too short.

So yours is 3.5" shorter than mine? :whistle:

WS

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26237 on: Jan 12, 2022, 08:33 PM »
Thanks for the birthday wishes, the wife ordered me another 30 quart Engle cooler, dad got me a newer scope with the turret, got some cash, daughter drew me a fishing picture so all in all a good day. Now to remember the minnows for coworker tomorrow, daughter killed the last ones by feeding them too much but owned up to it fast, some other shanty members are going to the big lake by me for a kind of get together so might have to swing out to meet some other members. Have a good night everyone.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26238 on: Jan 13, 2022, 12:45 AM »
So yours is 3.5" shorter than mine? :whistle:

WS
My chain saw is 24" Thats what she said  :whistle:

Bud

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #26239 on: Jan 13, 2022, 02:14 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Calm and 25*, mid 30’s for a high today.

FH4…Happy be-lated Birthday!  :bow:
  Jeff…good luck to you fellas today!  :icefish:

Just a quick hello this morning, got to get a few things ready yet for our trip today. Youngest son had to take a pass, so taking another trip tomorrow with him.
  Cawfee’s on…
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #26240 on: Jan 13, 2022, 04:36 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                            It's 19* and cloudy here on my hill. ::)
                            Eddie.........I hope you have a good day out fishing.  :thumbsup: Unfortunately I will not be going, Jon has to rescue a friend and #3 son
                has the rona, I asked #2 son but he's in the middle of a project and has a good day to work on it today with no interruptions.  :whistle:
                            Bud...........I'm glad you made a friend or two on the ice. :clap:
                            Marv..........The ice makes enough noise on it's own without all the sawing/chopping going on. :%$#!:
                            Wally.........It's good to hear that Oneida has fishable ice, So when's the first trip? ???
                            OG............Since you live close to IFF and he's a handy guy, ask him about you drain problem. :whistle:
                            Today since it's going to fairly warm, I'm going to move my weather station from one end of my wood shed to the other.
                            I hope everyone has a good Thursday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #26241 on: Jan 13, 2022, 04:39 AM »
Good morning Eddie! Good morning everyone :bow:

29 degrees may see mid 30's this afternoon.

Eddie/ IW...Best of luck on the ice today:icefish:

Like Eddie, I am about ready to put a couple last things in the truck. My wife is taking the day off today to come with the Shamu. She seems to have a lot of stuff packed, hopefully no cribbage board.

Yesterday was pretty slow again. No walleyes showed up and only 4 northens all small.

Tonight some snow moves in so I an more excited about tomorrow being better for walleyes.

Hope you all have a good day :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy

WS

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26242 on: Jan 13, 2022, 05:15 AM »
Morning all, 26° and clear here, forecast high is 37 later.

Nothing really on the agenda for today.

WS - are there still enough people left in the country who know how to play cribbage to actually play a game?  :roflmao: I think the last time I heard that game mentioned was by my grandparents, and they've all been dead 20+ years now.

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26243 on: Jan 13, 2022, 05:20 AM »
Morning all,

WS.....good luck to you and MrsWS, hope she packed the good mojo  :woot:

Eddie.....good luck to you also, will be looking forward to the report  :icefish:

IW.....sorry to hear your trip got canceled  :(  hope #3 son has only mild symptoms  :-\  we'll probably venture out in the next week or two  ;)2

IFF.....sounds like a fun day regardless of fish size  :thumbsup: good luck finding some keepers next outing  :tipup:

FH4.....glad you had a nice birthday  :clap:

Fired up the oven yesterday so the boys would have some treats when they got here

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #26244 on: Jan 13, 2022, 05:25 AM »
WS - are there still enough people left in the country who know how to play cribbage to actually play a game?  :roflmao: I think the last time I heard that game mentioned was by my grandparents, and they've all been dead 20+ years now.

:roflmao: Well, not sure how popular it is but in my case it's the wife's favorite game. I can't even tell her it might fall down the hole because the board and pegs float ???

Nice picture WW...........Yum!

WS

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26245 on: Jan 13, 2022, 06:40 AM »
27* and cloudy.
FH4, a late Happy Birthday, glad you had a good one.
WS, my Dad was a cribbage player and a very good one.
Eddie, hope you have a couple good days on the ice, turning cold again over the weekend.
IW, not a bad day for the weather station move.
WW, cookies won't last long.
Hope everyone has a good day and be well...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #26246 on: Jan 13, 2022, 09:28 AM »
:roflmao: Well, not sure how popular it is but in my case it's the wife's favorite game. I can't even tell her it might fall down the hole because the board and pegs float ???

Nice picture WW...........Yum!

WS

I loved playing crib when I was working up at the lodge.
One year that I stayed for close up we got weathered in for a week.
Major day long crib games were had between myself and the pilot.
It was a ton of fun.

I'm going to build a coffee table for the cabin that will have a crib board built into it.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26247 on: Jan 13, 2022, 09:01 PM »
Never got into playing that game, Not Much to brag about today, will be heading up OG way in the morning to hit some ice. Sounds like a snow day is heading to east coast

Dave what's your annual snow totals?

Weather forecasters saying not getting above the freezing mark the next 10 days. Still at 35* out my back door. :o

early pillow time for me.

Take Care see ya's in the morning.

Bud

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #26248 on: Jan 13, 2022, 09:45 PM »
Good evening reached the upper thirties today coll down coming over the weekend weather guessers saying Saturday's high temperature will be in the middle teens and late Sunday into Monday will be a snow storm. In personal news my nephew arrived safely from San Diego last night. Plans are for me to meet with them on Sunday morning weather permitting . Latest update from the Newburgh school district on the sexual harassment case/settlement at Tuesday night's regularly scheduled board meeting a motion to release the harassment investigation reports with less redactions to the public was voted down 6 to 3 so some questions on what some board members are trying to hide from the public. Also one Newburgh business owner is among 10 members of the oath keepers group now facing sedition charge for his part in the Jan.6Th 2021 capitol riot. To my fellow New Yorkers i see the state is replacing 250 thousand KN-95 face masks given out to schools and cities/towns in three upstate counties over quality concerns the masks are made by Yixian Songlin Bioengineering CO. and were distributed in Monroe,Madison and Niagara counties.
Ice wanderer sorry to hear the fishing trip to Schroon Lake was cancelled. May Son#3's bout with Covid be mild and he recover quickly. Thank you for the Ice Castle build progress in Lake George.
Eddie I hope you and your family now have a better idea of what tests are needed and how compassionate visits will be going forward. May the fishing trips be good ones.
Whopper Stopper may today's trip to Shamu have been a good time and you have caught some legal size walleyes to take home for future meals.
Zcm-82 may thee car problem not be an expensive repair. To bad you will not be able to fish this weekend.
Wallyworld i guess some people are bigger risk takers then others may there be no rescues as people get out on the recently formed ice on Oneida Lake. Safe travel to all of you to buffalo and best of Luck to your grandson and his teammates in the tournament.
Hunts2long sure there will be folks out fishing on GSL this weekend. How soon until the Valentine's day decorations go up in your house.
Old Goat have you resolved your plumbing problems. Best to you if your meeting up with IFF to ice fish.
IFF good to read you were able to get out fishing may you get into legal size fish on your next rip.
Fish/hunt4ever belated birthday wishes sent your way good to read you had a nice day. Have a good trip and time meeting up with some other ice shanty members.
Drifter has it warmed up any in yellow Knife. best to you if headed to the cabin this weekend and with any ice fishing.

Stay safe and healthy folks.
 Steve

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #26249 on: Jan 14, 2022, 04:01 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                         It's 25* and cloudy here on my hill. ::)
                         Steve.........Newburg sure has a lot going on on the news front. :blink: I wonder what the board members are hiding? ???
                         Eddie.........Waiting for yesterdays report on your fishing trip.  :whistle:
                         Marv..........I hope it was a good day in Shamu since Jo went along. :thumbsup:
                         H2l............Yesterd ays weather station move went smooth with out a hitch. :flex:
                         Bud...........I hope you day out with OG was better than the last trip. :unsure:
                         OG............It's nice that Bud can come up and fish with you. :clap:
                         Wally.........What do you have planned with the grandkids? ???
                         I don't know what's on today's schedule, maybe some puttering.
                         I hope everyone has a good Friday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.