Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1612172 times)

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #25260 on: Nov 02, 2021, 08:09 AM »
Well found out this morning that regulations changed for pheasant season and I missed it opened yesterday instead of the 1st Saturday of November. Which is ok usually like to hunt later on when it is colder and less people out beating the brush anyways, but sounds like lots of people missed it and this opener was pretty quite.  Well been getting below freezing here at the house for a bit and warming up around the 40's and sometimes into the 50's.  Ice will be here in no time.  Daylight saving time ends this weekend, wish we would just stay on this time, I would rather go to work in the dark and have daylight at the end of the day to get things done around the house, but soon it will be drive to work in the dark and home in the dark when I work the late shift.  Have a good first week of November in a couple weeks thanksgiving, which we will be at great wolf lodge, and then a couple weeks after that Christmas.  Time is going and this year will be over in no time.  Have a good safe day everyone.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #25261 on: Nov 02, 2021, 09:45 AM »
Good morning everyone!

A frosty 28 this morning, feels refreshing out there.

I stayed at the shack this morning. I had a dead pine to knock down and some brush to cut.

My Brother is in his stand so hopefully he will see something.

Hope you all are having a good Tuesday.

WS

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25262 on: Nov 02, 2021, 08:03 PM »
Looking like some Mt. Fresh has moved in should drop to about 25* over night according to one of the guessers.  Seeing’s how my Colorado car tags are running out this month And the renewal card says it’s due for an emissions test. Which is not required in Wisconsin. I went to DMV to check on what would be needed to register it in Wisconsin. I even ask if I needed a death certificate for Janice as she was also on the title, was told no, and got handed two forms to fill out, and would need the title as well. Was ask if the plates were expired ?.  No.  The the two forms filled out and the title.  About an hour later I am back with those and also brought along proof of insurance,  where’s the death certificate ??? And you only need the application and not the second form. So back to the house I go to get the death certificate. Wound up paying nearly double what another year in Colorado would have cost.

Is it just me  :unsure: :unsure: or am  I some kind of Magnet. ???

Bud

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #25263 on: Nov 02, 2021, 09:09 PM »
Good evening not sure if my area had it's first frost or not nothing on vehicles or grass this morning around 8 AM  possible the temperature was already warm enough to melt any light frost. Voted in the early evening timed it right and beat the coming home from work crowd of voters.
Whooper Stopper thank you for answering my question . may you not regret letting the yearling pass yesterday. I hope your brother has smoothed things over with his wife.
Ice Wandererthat is good news on your truck's transmission  may the shop be correct about the coolant line leak not causing enough fluid loss to damage the engine.
Zcm-28 glad your son had fun trick or treating. May you get the load dailed in so the 1873 repo. rifle performs to your liking.
Wallyworld good to read you had a nice visit/dinner with your brother.
Eddie nice work on the trctor engine now may your lawn dry out so you can finish the leaves.
Fish/hunt4ever best to you with the pheasant hunting.
IFF I hope the trip from your house to local DMV office is not to long glad your got the car registered after some hassle.

Have a good night.
 Steve

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #25264 on: Nov 03, 2021, 04:08 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                           It's 28* and clear here on my hill, the temperature will probably get lower by sunrise. ::)
                           Bud..........I've always found that what one person says at DMV isn't always true what the next one says that is required.  :blink:
                           Marv.........I hope your brother saw something to shoot yesterday. :unsure:
                           Steve........It wasn't the coolant in my truck it was the transmission line carrying the tranny fluid to the radiator that leaked. :whistle:
                           Wally.........Your dinner sounded delicious. :thumbsup: Hope you got your errands done. :flex: Is Mr. WW still at camp, how's it going? ???
                           Eddie........As you probably have heard by now Younkin defeated McAuliffe, 2022 election should be interesting. :blink:
                           Fish..........Sometime s it's better not to hunt opening day, to many people out then. :cookoo:
                           Zcm..........Do you find it hard to get the supplies to load your own ammo? ???
                           I'm not sure if my parts got to the shop yesterday, I didn't get a call from them. I will call them this morning because my wife has an
                 appointment in Glens Falls near where my truck is, it would be nice to go with her and save on the gas and mileage on her car.
                           I hope everyone has a good Wednesday either at work or out. Sat Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25265 on: Nov 03, 2021, 04:16 AM »
Guess I got spoiled with Direct TV, but at a bundled cost of like $287 for everything.  And the apps like what Janice wanted to be able to check sport scores and watching KU Jayhawks.  But the local free channels via an antenna pretty much sucks for my location.  Will have to keep asking locals what they are using, and cost.  Still trying to navigate Hulu, and Roku. 

On the hunting side find Wisconsin a little confusing, especially when it comes to the Archery season, if its any sex state wide or you have to have its buck only or either sex depending on what county your hunting in.  Guess I will just have to keep asking the right questions.

Still trying to get house in order, what to put where.  :unsure:

WW no signs of bad affects for Jake, beginning to think he's a bottomless pit. 

Bud

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25266 on: Nov 03, 2021, 05:51 AM »
Morning all, 25° and dead calm, clear skies, and fairly heavy frost here at the moment. Looks like 2 more days of this cooler weather, then back into the 50s/60s with 40s at night.

IW - not really. I've bought almost all my supplies online for the past several years, so it's a lot easier to find stuff than running around scouring stores. Prices are still up quite a bit from before all the hoarding started, but stocks are definitely coming back up compared to how thin they were last year and early this year. Primers are still pretty spotty, but they're getting better, too. I've gotten a few thousand over the past couple months. I mostly shoot antique cartridges though, so brass can be a bit hard to find at times, since companies generally only produce batches of the oddball stuff once in a blue moon. Only thing I'm really short on at the moment is 300 Savage brass, and both Hornady and Winchester said it will be a while before they do another run of it.

mr.clean - Me too. I punched out another handful of test loads last night, and I'm going out to see how they shoot after work today. 🤞I probably could have gotten it dialed in before now, but I really have my heart set on using Unique, since I have a ton of it. If none of these loads group well today, I'll be moving on to other powders, though.

WS - hope you got a shot at something yesterday   ;D

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25267 on: Nov 03, 2021, 06:19 AM »
Morning all,

IW.....hope you can get your truck back today  :unsure:  MrWW has been home, heading back to the woods today  ;)

IFF....glad to hear Jake survived his cookie jar raid with no problems   :woot:  dmv visits are always an adventure  ::)

Eddie.....hope you got your lawn done yesterday  :flex:  I'm holding out until later next week, forecast looks to stay dry until next weekend  @)

WS.....any good word from the shack  ???

Made MrWW some treats to take to camp today
apple pie

chocolate granola energy bites

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25268 on: Nov 03, 2021, 06:48 AM »
32* this morning.
I had the worst nights sleep, don't think I really got to sleep until 4am. That being said, I am planning a mid-day hunt, who knows.
WW, that apple pie looks great. Not sure if more warm-up would help at bowling. I usually only throw 2 or 3 balls in practice.
Eddie, glad you got the guns zeroed in.
No deer yesterday. Wife and I went and voted. Not much on the ballot but we want to be counted.

New sign will be popping up "Yes, Brandon, there is a Virginia"!

Have a good day and stay well....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25269 on: Nov 03, 2021, 07:04 AM »

Good Morning ER's  Someone found a 1200 yr. old canoe on the bottom of one of the lakes here. They brought it up and will keep it and clean it then put it in local museum in about 2-5 yrs. Mason nice touch on the card. Lake temp 45-50 still. Bud did you lose a canoe a while back?

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25270 on: Nov 03, 2021, 07:59 AM »
OG Omg not you too  :roflmao:  Jake got me up around 4:00 and see my weather station’s outside sensor was reporting 24* .  Seeing’s how the front porch door was open, it didn’t take me long to get my bare feet back inside. 

Guess I may have to flip a coin as which Daughter to spend Turkey day with  :whistle: :unsure: 

Isn’t it supposed to take less time to unpacking than packing for a move ???

Bud

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #25271 on: Nov 03, 2021, 08:21 AM »
Good morning everyone  :bow:

28 and still this morning.

Yesterday was prett quiet in the stands.my brother saw 1 spike buck but that was it.

This morning I had a doe and Junior walk but they were too far away for a shot. The deer activity or lack of stoll has me scratching my head. By now I certainly expected some chasing going on.

Bud....you always have to check particular counties for special regulations.  Saying that, an archery deer take allows 1 buck state wide.

If you want a doe you need the extra doe tag. You cant use your bow buck tag on a doe.

You can use your doe tag to shoot a doe with any legal weapon, like archery, gun, black powder etc.

It sounds like my brother needs to head home Friday morning. So we still have some time.

Hope you all have a good day!

Stay safe and healthy

WS

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25272 on: Nov 03, 2021, 08:30 AM »
Marv good luck up there, and thanks for the explaining the what's legal, that's what makes sense.  Sure glad I got the long grass mowed the other day, sure is frosty this morning.

Now what's for breakfast.  Pancakes sounds like a good idea.

Whoa just noticed that a rumba might be a great idea, dog hair is starting to show here and there. ::)
Bud

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25273 on: Nov 03, 2021, 08:56 AM »
Let see if I can get the moose picture loaded.

Temps are hanging around 30 or less in the mornings and getting up around 40 or 50 for highs. Have a good hump day everyone.

Online tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25274 on: Nov 03, 2021, 09:14 AM »
Mid 20's to start the reckum derbys on the x-ways in the city. All of the bridges are icy. There were two wrecks on one bridge with around  10 cars involved in each one. Maybe they will believe the signs now that say, Bridge Ices Before Road.

I came home from the other place on Saturday. I have the new blind finished enough to use. My son cut the legs on the old blind with the new blind is in the background after it falls. It still needs to be painted but that will wait until next year.

ww That pie looks good. The crust reminds me of my mothers. She always made hers with lard.

Maybe you need to look into a couple of robotic mowers to do your lawn. A house down by my property has two of them. I don't think the grass grows an inch before it gets mowed. It is scary when you see one coming toward the road. When it gets to the edge it does an about-turn.

Modify. I had to post so I could shut off the voice interfering with my typing.

Bud If you think that Wi hunting rules are confusing look at Michigan's. You can buy a combo buck tag that allows you to shoot two bucks one of which has to have  4 points on one side. But you can shoot a doe with either tag or two does with them.

I need to get out and blow some leaves. I started to blow them yesterday after noon. I decided I was not going to blow leaves and snow at the  same time and came inside.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #25275 on: Nov 03, 2021, 09:14 PM »
 Good evening first frost this morning light coating on vehicles. Today's high was in the low fifties . Now to see how long leaves stay on the trees.
Ice Wanderer thank you for clarifying the problem on your truck. I hope you were able to pick it up today on your trip to glens Falls.
IFF may your neighbors help you decide on which TV service provider to use at your new home.
Zcm-28 how did the test loads preform in today's shooting test. going by your comment i assume the rifles you use for hunting are not the most popular calibers today.
Wallyworld nice looking treats for Mr.WW to enjoy while at hunting camp. Best to him in filling his tag.
Hunts2long may you sleep better tonight.
Old Goat interesting find at the bottom of one of your area lakes. hopefully the canoe survives the extraction from the lake so it can be displayed at a museum.
Whopper stopper may your brother and you have seen more activity while hunting today.
Fish/hunt4ever thank you for sharing photo of your fathe and his moose. Did your dad measure the spread between antler tips impressive head gear on that bull. Once again congratulations to your D :clap: :thumbsup:ad.
Tomturkey seems folks forget Winter weather driving safety measures and the first storm or icy road conditions day has multiple crashes. Good to read the new blind is usable this hunting season. best to you in getting a deer.

Have a safe and good night. best to all fishing and hunting.
 Steve

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #25276 on: Nov 03, 2021, 10:30 PM »
Bud, you can try the ole rumba but I don't think dancing is the most efficient way to pick up dog hair.
You could get one of those Roomba vacuum thingies to pick it up for you.   :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

As fer the tee vee I have Bell Expressvu here in Canada (it's the Canadian version of DISH network).
Costs me about $80US/mo (converted) for all my channels plus about another $15 or $20/ mo for the NHL package.
Gotta have access to my Leafs you know.  ;D

Internet costs too much up here in the NWT. It's about $65/mo and my home phone is through Vonage for $15/mo.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #25277 on: Nov 04, 2021, 05:17 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                          It's 24* and clear here on my hill. ::)
                          Steve.........I got my truck back yesterday afternoon, runs like it did before the leak. :clap: :flex: The repair shop had to run for some parts
               so they used my truck to give it a good run.  :thumbsup:
                          Marv..........I hope your brother can hook up to a nice one before he leaves tomorrow. :flex:
                          Wally..........The treats for camp look delicious, wish I could go to that camp. lol :thumbsup: :clap:
                          Dave..........Are those Canadian $$ or US? ???
                          Eddie..........I think I'm done mowing for the year, I blew some tell tail leaves in the back yesterday afternoon and after the frost melts off
                today I'll do the front. The leaves that are left are Beech and they could stay on the trees awhile. :cookoo:
                          H2l.............These colder temps should get the deer moving, good luck if you're headed out today. :thumbsup:
                          Fish.............That's a beauty of a moose that yor father got, lots of meat on him. :flex:
                          I'll be headed out in a little while to see if the deer are moving.
                          I hope everyone has a good Thursday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25278 on: Nov 04, 2021, 05:18 AM »
Morning all, 26° and frosty with some patchy fog here this morning.

Someone hit and run the wife's parked car last overnight while we were sleeping. Given we have "A" cop in town, and I just carry liability on the cars, it looks like I'll be shelling out some cash for repair to the driver's side rear quarter... it's all smashed in against the tire  :%$#!: Probably some drunk... drinking and driving go together like bacon and eggs around here.

mr.clean - still not quite as good as I'd like, but a couple finally showed some promise. I tweaked this one and another one a bit and will be trying them after work today. And yeah, 303 Savage, 218 Bee, 300 Savage, 32 S&W Long, 45 Colt, and 222 Rem aren't really lighting up sales charts these days for rifles  ;D

fish/hunt4ever - nice moose  :thumbsup: Never shot one myself, but I'd like to someday. I put in for a tag a couple times back when I was living in MN, but never got drawn.

ws - they're just starting to move down here. I almost smacked a small buck this morning, and had a bunch of does cross the road in front of me on Monday evening.

ww - nice pie. Makes me wish for some of the wife's homemade apple pie 🤤

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25279 on: Nov 04, 2021, 05:38 AM »
28*
Sat 4 hours mid-day yesterday, no deer.
FH4, nice moose.
Have a good day...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #25280 on: Nov 04, 2021, 06:33 AM »
Good Morning Jeff, Z, Morning Everyone,
  Frost and 23* here this am, low 40’s for a high today…2nd day in a row with lows in the 20’s.  :tipup:

Z…dang, sorry to read that about the wife’s car, that sucks!  :%$#!:  Do you have any neighbors close by that have a security camera..may be a chance it got caught on camera?
  Jeff…good luck this morning, hope the deer are moving!   :thumbsup:  I held off on the last mowing after reading Wally’s post, going to let things dry out for a few more days as well. Did catch the results of that Virginia election among many others…things are looking promising down the road!   :clap:
  Dave…thanks for sending some of that cold weather South!   ;D
  Steve…still quite a few trees holding leaves here also, won’t last too much longer…how’s things going at the store?   :thumbsup:
  Tom…glad to read your blind is ready, best of luck with the upcoming season!    :clap: 
  FH4…what an awesome picture, CONGRATULATIONS to your Dad… thanks for sharing that with us!!   :clap: :thumbsup: :bow:  Maybe get that picture blown up and framed for him, would make a great Christmas gift.    ;)2
  Bud…welcome to the dog hair group, lol, one of the downfalls of being a pet owner I guess. We use the Roomba vacuum here like Dave mentioned, works pretty good.   :thumbsup:
  Marv…hope today is a special day for you both…best wishes with the hunting and wrapping up your trip together!   :clap: :bow:  Was glad to see the Police Department’s won’t be eliminated in Minneapolis…hopefully some of those bums pushing it will be soon though.  :cookoo:
  OG…glad to read the card made it to you…couldn’t pass on that one!   ;D   That’s one heck of a find with the canoe, would be interested in a follow up story on that!   :clap:
  Wally…X2 on Jeff’s reply, those treats look amazing…put me on the waiting list for the deer camp please!  ;D  :clap:
  H2…maybe today will be better for the midday hunt…good luck if that’s on the planner again today!   :thumbsup:

Had internet issues again yesterday morning, not sure what the heck is causing that.
  Not a heck of a lot planned here today, some errands to run and a few more things to check off on the to do list….Cawfee’s on!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing/hunting!

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25281 on: Nov 04, 2021, 07:28 AM »
From what I heard they measured him at around 45 inches wide.  This is my dads third moose in the state, only second bull, but his biggest and with all he went through to get time off this year to go it was nice that he got a good one, just could not find the monster they seen a couple years ago but that was not to lack of looking, my brother took his horses to a few spots looking at well, but he got a good deer while searching around.

Well some ice on the water on top of a storage cabinet at work today, need to start trapping some minnows and get things ready around here for that to begin.  My buddy that passed away his wife wants to sell all his ice fishing gear and wants to have a yard sale, was supposed to be this weekend, then changed to next, now I guess the first Saturday of November.  If I had the money would just get it all from her and then sell or donate things out to other people and her not to worry about it.  The boat will be the next thing going up to many memories she said, I understand.  So she is getting rid of a lot of things right now, just do not need the flip shelter, but it does have a brand new insulated cover that he never got to use on it.  Well everyone have a good day, need to get my insurance stuff figured out and see how much they are screwing me out of each check this year, do not get me wrong insurance is good to have just every year my company seems to let them increase the price with no added benefit just things taken away.  Have a great Thursday be safe out there what ever you are doing.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25282 on: Nov 04, 2021, 07:43 AM »
Good morning ER's  34* this hour, woke to some flashing lights, Fire truck parked in front of one of the neighbors, wasn't there long  :unsure:

I thought I would try the Youtube TV, but now how to navigate it,  :unsure: says I can cancel any time, but of course that seems to be a mystery.  It looked like it would have everything, and then some that I would be interested in.

I was looking at the robot floor sweeper, and see a lot of negative comments, not a lot of floor space at the moment,  ::)  this getting settled is going to take awhile

fh4 yup that's a Moose  :thumbsup:

Found some of my ammo stash, near a full box of Factory 375HH, and the .06 I have found so far looks to be mostly my reloads, but not sure for which rifle I had tailored them for, pretty mixed up, in the move.  Looking foreword to when I can get on the rifle range.

Seems a little strange, school buses going by before its sun up.  Not sure what I will get done today, but hope to make a good dent in sorting things out.  Think I will be doing a lot of stair climbing, either up or down.

Z yeah that sucks about the wife's car.  Any insurance help with the repairs ?

hope everyone has a great day, oh and WW think I gained 2.5 pounds just looking at that pie.  ;D

Bud

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25283 on: Nov 04, 2021, 08:11 AM »
The car is a 2003, so I only carry liability on it.

The building across the street has cameras, but the way they are angled, they didn't see it, so no dice there.

Whoever it was dinged it pretty hard.

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25284 on: Nov 04, 2021, 08:22 AM »
Morning all,

IW......glad to hear your truck's home again and doing well  :thumbsup:

TT....I've seen those robot mowers in action, pretty funny  :roflmao:  unfortunately it would take a whole army of them running 24/7 to keep up around here  ::)

Eddie.....looks like Wednesday or Thursday next week for mowing, rain heading back on Friday  ;)2

IFF.....unpacking/settling in always takes longer as you try to decide on the "perfect" place for everything  :whistle:  good luck figuring out the streaming stations, heard it takes either a masters degree or a 10 year old child to run them  :blink: :roflmao:

WS.....best of luck to you and your brother as you wrap things up in the stands today  :flex:

FH4.....congrats to your Dad on the moose  :thumbsup: :flex:

ZCM.....sorry to hear about the hit and run event, people really suck sometimes  :%$#!:

Found this fella posing for me when I pulled cards this morning  :woot:

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #25285 on: Nov 04, 2021, 08:27 AM »
Good morning everyone !

22 with some wind, makes for a chilly sit.

Yesterday was a bust on the deer front. We are going to hunt today then pack up.

I want to knock off a couple tree jobs then may come back and check things out.

We found lots of scrapes and we see deer walking around but they aren't chasing yet. Maybe a week or so they will be tearing it up.

Hope you all have a good day.

WS

Offline badger132

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25286 on: Nov 04, 2021, 09:09 AM »
Last trip in the boat yesterday- did not start out too well, on the way out of town, got a "low tire pressure" light- spent an hour waiting for them to plug the nail hole in the tire. Still had 3 hours or so in the afternoon, and it was 60 degrees, and we managed to catch a bunch of trout. Wife ended the season with a 17 incher that went on several drag screeching runs before coming to the net. Today the sad process of winterizing the boat. Move the Garmin over to the ice kit, pull the batteries, and winterize the engine.

IFF: My son fosters rescue dogs, up to 10 at a time. He swears by these rubber brooms for dog hair.

https://smile.amazon.com/Evriholder-Sw-250I-Amz-6-Furemover-Squeegee-Telescoping/dp/B000EFDOOA/ref=sr_1_7?crid=2F0F48W1AOHOB&keywords=rubber+broom+pet+hair+remover&qid=1636034432&qsid=145-3389709-9026158&sprefix=rubber+broom%2Caps%2C312&sr=8-7&sres=B000EFDOOA%2CB08Q3HFN7V%2CB08XBC2ZZ4%2CB087WVLZ5C%2CB0887ZWSW7%2CB08933625K%2CB097RP74Y6%2CB08HN63XK9%2CB096X5ZWS1%2CB08XB2QF88%2CB08B16BM5P%2CB07L15K3KM%2CB092V97TRJ%2CB08BYC3RN4%2CB096ZDKMG1%2CB0932FQF6X%2CB0894TDQVQ%2CB08YX377V1%2CB097JRG7BT%2CB099RZQZPW&srpt=BROOM

ZCM: Sorry to hear about your car- so disappointing. Hope you can figure out a reasonable repair.

All of these deer pictures are making me excited for deer season. Leave in 2 weeks to hunt the family plot. More about touching all the memories than a deer at this point, but would be nice to get one. My nephew that usually helps me with the drag just became a father yesterday, so I am probably on my own getting it to the truck- that makes it more of a hard decision to shoot or not.

FH4: May your health insurance always me your worst investment ever! Don't want to be one of those that gets a lot of use out of it!

Stay healthy and safe!

:tipup:

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #25287 on: Nov 04, 2021, 12:23 PM »
IW
I converted in to US for y'all!!!  ;D

Eddie
You're welcome. ;)

Been a very warm fall here in Yellowknife. Usually we would have safe ice in a lot of places. For instance the lake in the picture would normally have 6"-8" but as you can see there is barely a skim of ice in the shallow bay. This will change quickly next week as winter arrives. We haven't even had any snow yet. This is really thick frost on the ground.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #25288 on: Nov 04, 2021, 07:38 PM »
Good evening everyone!

A long day in the stand has me feeling a might pooped. About 4pm a doe  came down the trail, followed by a decent sized yearling. I could have swatted her but decided to poke the better eater.

I saw it tip over about 45 yards from the stand, sure makes it easier.

We just got her boned out and I will finish the job at home. Time for some rum and then off to bed.

I did get a before and after picture

Hope you all have a good evening

WS

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #25289 on: Nov 04, 2021, 07:44 PM »
Mo dinner in Marv's pot!!!  ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com