Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1625137 times)

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #24960 on: Oct 07, 2021, 05:59 AM »
48*
IFF, sorry for the loss of your brother.
h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24961 on: Oct 07, 2021, 06:00 AM »
Morning all,

IFF.....my sincere condolences on the loss of your brother  :'( :'(  prayers to you and the family that you all find comfort in each other and your memories of Lee, may he RIP  :angel  praying for continued improvement for Carl

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #24962 on: Oct 07, 2021, 09:35 AM »
Good morning, Bud my condolences on your brother Lee's passing may knowing that you and your extended family are in the thoughts and prayers of the 9:45 group provide some comfort to you during this difficult time. Good to read your oldest brother Carl's condition has improved and he is headed back to nursing home where you and other family members can visit with him. If the seller does not want to resolve the septic system issue maybe you can get a drop in purchase price so you can resolved the issue after buying the property.

Drifter thank you for the geography lesson.  ;) ;D Just thought events in Alaska did have some relation to what is happening in Yellow Knife and the NWT province of Canada.  Do your best to avoid another Covid infection hope your coworker had recovered and is or will soon be back to work. I assume majority of students at the college are being taught through distance learning.

Light fog earlier this morning starting to clear out now sky still cloudy.  Everyone have a good Thursday whatever is on your respective agendas for the day. Stay safe and keep healthy. Best to all fishing and hunting.
  Steve

Offline badger132

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24963 on: Oct 07, 2021, 09:39 AM »
Good morning all!

Bud: So sorry about your brother. It is those left behind that suffer when people take the wrong information about this virus. Prayers that you stay well, and that your family has peace.

Steve: Idaho hospitals are in the same state- we have been in a state of emergency for weeks. Low vaccination rates and distrust of government. It seems to have peaked, but we were putting beds in conference rooms and in hallways to fit everyone.

I hope that all of you stay well, and take the simple precautions that will keep you and others safe.

:tipup:

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24964 on: Oct 07, 2021, 09:47 AM »
Steve that’s the Approach I want to take enough compensation to have the work done,  the seller has moved out of state and hard to get things set in motion  bro  Carl has not been sent back to the nursing home yet
Bud

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #24965 on: Oct 07, 2021, 10:04 AM »
Good morning ER's, Allow me to post this vent, and then I'll put away the soap box. I'm scheduled to receive my booster and flu shots this afternoon. All of these hospital beds are being taken up by non-vaxers and sick people can't get a bed!!  So I say to the non-vaxers, get the shots or stay home and die there, freeing up hospital beds for those who need them!! Sorry, but that's how I feel! IFF probably wouldn't have lost his brother Lee if he'd been vaccinated!! Sorry for your loss Bud!! :'( Everyone stay well and healthy and for God's get your shots!!! :flex:
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #24966 on: Oct 07, 2021, 10:18 AM »
Bud
I'm sorry to hear about your brothers passing. COVID is a cold hearted b****.

Steve
Even the shipping companies think Alaska isn't part of the US so you're not alone.  ;)
Students are all back to distance learning. We made it 2 or 3 whole days if in class learning before it all got shut down again.
Lockdowns are in effect, no visitors outside of immediate family or care givers etc allowed.

What's really annoying is this all started from one infected person that came up to the NWT to attend a Dene' hand games tournament. A good percentage of the people at the tournament were unvaccinated and were infected then when they went back to their home villages brought it with them. Then of course when they brought it back to Yellowknife it quickly went through the homeless population.
Now with all the exposure warnings you can see it's into the stores and restaurants workers and spreading. Over 70% of Yellowknife is fully vaccinated but some like me were vaccinated many months ago and it seems that the protection from the virus is waning. I don't know when I'll be able to get the 3rd shot but I'm doing my best to avoid people.

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24967 on: Oct 07, 2021, 11:33 AM »
Bud sorry to hear of Lee passing. I hope the septic issue gets resolved. Wishing the best for you,carl and rest of family. When things slow down I've got to show the little junk store it's like a treasure hunt every time out. First cold rain here should,maybe turn fish on.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #24968 on: Oct 07, 2021, 09:38 PM »
Good evening, the morning fog did burn off and sky cleared ended daylight hours with sunshine and temperature in the upper sixties. Some shocking new here in New Windsor one nursing home in town only has 36 percent of it's staff vaccinated. Today was the deadline for NY. nursing home/nursing care facility workers to have received one vaccination shot or loose their jobs. Attempts to  reach the nursing home manager and one of the owners to learn of their operation plans going forward were not responded to  so we will see how things play out. I feel sorry for the residents of this facility and their families. A friendly reminder to my fellow New yorkers the new fishing regulations on trout streams have extended the open season on some waters so if were thinking of making a trout fishing trip visit the DEC website to see what streamds have extended seasons.
IFF/Bud my your brother Carl be released back to his nursing home soon so you and other family members can visit him. When my sister and I were selling the house it tested positive for radon . We got a estimate for  system to remediate the problem and give home buyer credit to have issue resolved . There is some back and forth in selling/purchasing a home we received a credit for heating oil left in tank at time of sale.
Badger132 Sorry to hear things in Idaho are so bad with regards to Covid. May things get turned around and infection numbers start dropping and hospital have available beds for patients with other medical issues. Best to you with the perch survey tomorrow.
OldSailor many of us may have similar feelings about the Covid vaccinations I respect your feelings and your right/freedom to express them. One of the things that makes the United States different from other countries is the rights and freedoms we have as citizens. When government at any level tries to restrict/take away some of them a percentage of the public is going to rebel. Also all of the differing information on Covid-19 does not help things. mall of us try to reach common ground so we can get past this pandemic. I'm surprised when drifter shares with us some of the measures the various levels of Canadian government have taken to control the virus spread as they are also a democracy . I remember him sharing photos of roads with barriers and patrol cars forcing people to stop at certain locations in his province. personally believe if that was tried in the United states there is a good chance of a violent incident between the public and law enforcement. You and your family take care. I'm leaving the pulpit now.  ;D
Drifter no offense to you but I did know Alaska was part of the United states just using events there  to compare  to things in Yellow Knife and NWT province. glad your have the ability to work from home and limit contact with other people. Hopefully infections have peaked and things start to get better.

Stay safe and healthy my 9:45 friends.
 Steve

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24969 on: Oct 08, 2021, 12:00 AM »
I drove the three hours up to the hospital our Sister was already in his room when I got there. She ask him if he knew who I was, a tiny bit of a smile and said Bud. He is without one of his hearing aids and seemed puzzled at times.  He ask Lois how many times she had been there ,2, but he replied that he though only once.  He was so out of it when admitted, guess he didn’t know if he was coming or going.  nurse came in to put more Antibiotics and said they would keep him there until the infection is cleared up.  And his bed at nursing home was being held open for him.  He has not seen his wife for over a month and his falling, that he thought she divorced him ;D. His daughter releaved  me , and will sit with him over night.  There was no mention of Lee ‘s passing which I think was a good idea. It took a bit for him to understand I have moved back to Wisconsin and buying a house. I showed him pictures of salmon that I had caught this summer,  and got I think a skeptical look. He then ask when he had seen me last. Show him a picture of me with his house in the background and the RV.  That took a bit to process.  P  All in all good to see him improving was good for him to see family  :clap: :clap: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Bud

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #24970 on: Oct 08, 2021, 04:16 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  53* under cloudy skies this am, high of 68 here today.

Bud…so glad you took the ride to visit your brother Carl yesterday, Im certain he found comfort with you and the family members being there at his side, and may he continue making progress each day. :bow:  Keeping you all in thoughts and prayers with the hardships and very difficult times you are all facing.

Steve…that is scary about the nursing home staff. I can’t even imagine what the families of those residents must be dealing with, not to mention how the facility is going to be able provide and maintain the quality of care so necessary for the elderly. Please keep us updated….

Running a bit behind here this morning, will check in at break and see how everyone is doing today…Cawfee’s on!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing/hunting!

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24971 on: Oct 08, 2021, 04:58 AM »
Morning all,

IFF......glad you were able to visit Carl  :thumbsup:  prayers to you and the family

Fish from Wednesday

Put 332 miles on the bike yesterday

Heading out in search of some eyes in a few  :flex:

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Online Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #24972 on: Oct 08, 2021, 05:20 AM »
Great job Pat…..   :clap: :clap: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #24973 on: Oct 08, 2021, 05:22 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

Bud.....Glad you made the trip and visited Carl :thumbsup:

WW.... Best of luck hooking into some walleyes :thumbsup: Excellent pictures :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Eddie....Hope you and the crew have a good Friday. Fishing tomorrow ??? :thumbsup:

I am off to the rain room then heading to the jungle for an early morning Dentist appointment. Just a cleaning.

Hope you all have an excellent day :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24974 on: Oct 08, 2021, 05:49 AM »
54* and fog.
IFF, good that you are visiting with Carl. Hope he is doing better.
WW, nice fish and good luck today. The weather has been great. My boat is being serviced today and will be put away this weekend.
Hope everyone has a great day and stay well...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24975 on: Oct 08, 2021, 06:18 AM »
Morning all, 61° and raining a bit here. It's supposed to clear off to sunshine and 75 by afternoon.

Been a pretty slow week at work, may skip out a bit early this afternoon to do some shooting, then get the boat uncovered and prepped for some fishing this weekend.

h2l - weather turned cold enough to end open water for the year there?

ww - nice haul.  :thumbsup: After close to 2 months without fishing, I'll be happy to boat anything tomorrow.

IFF - glad to hear he is improving.

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #24976 on: Oct 08, 2021, 07:10 AM »
Good morning all!!! Steve, I just want to say that I spent 21 tears defending people's right ro freedom of speech, and I was just exercising MY right to voice my opinion. Non-vaxers have a right to not get vaccinated, but don't clog up our hospitals!! You may want to get your will in order and the same with your funeral arrangements!!
OS
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24977 on: Oct 08, 2021, 08:16 AM »
Good Morning ER's  WW nice load of crappie. Marv will come up 94; could go through lacrosse on 90 if that is easier. My daughter flew out after driving 94 said it wasn't to bad but she did say construction was everywhere. Latest here my lower back seems to have a malfunction.

Crap just missed out on a vex FL-20 for 125.00

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #24978 on: Oct 08, 2021, 01:31 PM »
Marv will come up 94; could go through lacrosse on 90 if that is easier. My daughter flew out after driving 94 said it wasn't to bad but she did say construction was everywhere. Latest here my lower back seems to have a malfunction.

I think you will be OK OG. Especially if you can plan non peak times to navigate through the mess.

WS

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #24979 on: Oct 08, 2021, 07:44 PM »
Made it to the shack before dark.
Thanksgiving holiday weekend here in Canuckistan. Plan to pull the dock Monday. Hopefully the weather guessers are right. 😉
Water temp in the launch bay was 42F late this afternoon.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24980 on: Oct 09, 2021, 12:32 AM »
See the seller got a good report on septic and word is he won’t budge on a reduction and is ignoring the fact that gray water has been reverted away from going into the septic  Not all said and done yet, have 5 other places to check out in the morning. Couple at less money to boot, should be an interesting day. If we don’t get that one done the seller might get a visit from the township code Inforcement officer  ;) ;)

Nice picture there Dave  :clap: :clap: 
Bud

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #24981 on: Oct 09, 2021, 05:45 AM »

Good morning Bud, ER's,
                       It's 53* and partly partly. The guessers are saying cloudy and high of 69*. ::)
                       Bud........The problem is, if a homeowners house passed code in the past and they change the code, why does it have to be upgraded. ???
               They don't require wiring upgrade on old houses unless you remodel the house. :blink:
                       Eddie......I hope you're on your way to the river after some of those Salmon. :unsure:
                       Marv.......I hope the dentist didn't find anything while cleaning. :woot:
                       Wally......Wow...What a nice pile of Crappie. :clap:
                       Zcm.......I hope the river has risen enough to run the boat? ???
                       OS.........Unfortunate ly  our society doesn't think the way you do, not that I disagree with you. But we are a compassionate society, if a drug user
               OD's then the police have a shot they are suppose to administer to revive him, the same for someone that tries to commit suicide the Dr.'s are suppose
               to treat them, Crazy to me. :cookoo:
                      One of my D I L's is away this weekend and my son has to work today so I got to pick up Emma and Carson from school yesterday and they spent
               the night and will be here most of the day.
                       I hope everyone has a good Saturday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24982 on: Oct 09, 2021, 06:13 AM »
54* and a breeze.
ZCM, there are a few guys still fishing the lake. I am done for the year, like to get the boat put away before hunting season. My late fishing partner and I use to fish right into Nov.
The girls are taking the wife and I out for our Birthday dinner tonight. The wife made me my apple pie the other day.
IW, hope you enjoyed having the kids overnight.
Have a good day and be safe....h2l

Eddie, have fun if up on the river.
Northville, NY

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #24983 on: Oct 09, 2021, 06:28 AM »
Good morning Everyone :bow:

62 with highs guessed at 80 and windy this afternoon.

Just a quick "Hello" before heading to the shack. I want to get the camera cards and drop a few thinks off. Starting the end of next week........Stand therapy.

Hope you all have a good day :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24984 on: Oct 09, 2021, 06:31 AM »
Morning all,

H2L.....happy birthday, enjoy your dinner  :clap:

IW....Grandpa making pancakes this morning  ???

IFF....boy you sure can't catch a break these days  :blink:  good luck with the continuing search  ;)

Eddie....fingers crossed the 3 generations of "masoneddie's" land some trophies  :flex:

WS.....all sighted in and ready to start packing  ???  Morning see you snuck in ahead of me, safe travels ;)2

Drifter....enjoy the weekend  :)

OS.....hope the hip rehab is coming along  :thumbsup:

MrC.....covid cases in this area continue to be between 4.5 and 5%  :wacko:

Fishing was SLOW yesterday 3 short eyes, 2 perch, 1 smb and 2 sheepshead but a beauty of a day to be on the water  :thumbsup:  surface temp started out at 66* ended the day at 70*

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #24985 on: Oct 09, 2021, 07:00 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Cloudy and 55* here on the Hill, high of 60 here today.

Jeff…held off on another trip today, reports from the river weren’t what I was hoping for most of the week and I think the crowds will be at their peak this weekend…maybe next weekend. Hope you had a great day/night with the grandchildren yesterday…McDonalds on the planner today Grandpa?   ;D  :thumbsup:
  Bud…hope everything works out with the house hunting today, sorry you hit a snag with the septic problem. Now that the homeowner is aware there is going to be an issue with the sale, perhaps they will reconsider…best wishes.   :thumbsup:
  Dave…enjoy the weekend, things are cooling off quickly up there, beautiful picture…some would call that a million dollar view from the cabin, would have to agree!    :flex: :thumbsup:
  OG…safe travels, hope your back is feeling better Sir!  :thumbsup:
  Z…good luck with the fishing today, hope the bite is on, will be looking forward to your report!   :thumbsup:
  H2…glad you were able to get the boat in to be serviced, got to be a bittersweet moment putting it back in storage again. Thanks for sharing the trips with us again here!  Happy Birthday!  :bow::clap: :thumbsup:
  Marv…counting down the days yet for your hunting trip?  ;D  Best wishes to your wife with the cataract surgery coming up, safe travels to the shack! :thumbsup:
  Wally…thank you for sharing the pictures, excellent job on the crappies!!!   :bow:  Water temp should start coming down soon, must have been a beautiful day on the water yesterday…better luck next trip with those walleyes!   :thumbsup:   Hopefully next weekend we’ll get my grandson into a few salmon.  ;D

Catching up on the chores here today, later on at some point need to go renew my hunting/fishing licenses. Granddaughter asked if we could have a fire this evening, so thinking a weeny roast and S’mores will be on the menu tonight, lol.
  Cawfee’s still hot…
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #24986 on: Oct 09, 2021, 10:38 AM »
Good day in the low sixties currently day's high temperature is forecast to be 75. Sky is cloudy hopefully the sun makes an appearance the past few morning sky has been cloudy/overcast and looking like it will rain so far no precipitation . Sad- tragic news from the city of Newburgh murder charge has been filed in the death of a 7 year old boy this past February. The boy was brought to local hospital by his caregiver/suspected mother and died in the ER autopsy found his cause of death to be starvation . Police investigation found the boy had been locked in his bedroom for a month . the boy's father is charged with criminally negligent homicide . The father and caregiver(his girlfriend) lived apart and he mostly saw his son on weekends.
OldSailor thank you for your years of Military service and defending/protecting the rights and freedoms of U.S. citizens. I apologize if my comments in offended you  i've been around long enough to know better to respond to certain subjects.
IFF glad you were able to visit with your brother Carl may he get over the infection quickly. Sorry to hear the home seller will not reduce selling price due to septic system issue. Best to you in finding a home/property to purchase.
Eddie smart move renewing your fishing-hunting license now and avoiding last minute rush as it gets closer to the big game firearm season opener in NY. Southern zone. I passed two outdoors stores on my trip to Paramus,NJ. last Saturday both had full parking lots. Have a good time with this evenings campfire/weenie roast. May you ,your sons and grandson get in another trip before the salmon run ends in Pulaski.
wallyworld congratulations on the crappies and other fish. Thank you for the photos the leaf color change is more advanced in the area of your recent bike ride then here in New Windsor.
Whopper Stopper glad the dentist found no problems. Have a safe trip to your shack .May a review of the game camera SD cards show the larger buck are still in your hunting area.
Hunts2long Happy birthday wishes sent your way. enjoy tonight's dinner and celebration.
Zcm-28 may you be in your boat on the river having a good day of fishing. Old Goat hope your back is feeling better. Safe traveling to you when you make the journey to Minneapolis.
Drifter Happy Thanksgiving enjoy time aaaaat your so called shack more like a luxery cabin when you finally complete the build. thank you for the photos you have some very nice views from the cabin property.
iIce Wanderer have fun with emma and Carson today maybe they can help with leaf raking if needed already in your area of NY.

May all in the U.S. have a good and safe Columbus Day holiday weekend. Best to All fishing and hunting.
 Steve

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24987 on: Oct 09, 2021, 11:25 AM »

Looked at another home actually less money, great brick home small amount of Tuck  pointing that I could see, very well maintained. Got word seller had Plummer reconnect what was being unlawfully being pumped out on the ground just waiting for it to be conferred, for now baby sitting the smoker, baby back ribs is what’s for supper
Bud

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #24988 on: Oct 09, 2021, 04:28 PM »
Good evening everyone :bow:

A warm day, 80 with sunshine.

We got back from the shack a couple hours ago. The peak of leaf peaking is in the books. Around the shack most of the trees have lost them.

Pretty quiet on the cameras again. I am guessing the warm weather isn't helping much. The bears are good and active, maybe next year for one of those.

Hope you enjoy the short video.

Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24989 on: Oct 09, 2021, 11:08 PM »
Marv nice visitors in the video. What county is the “shack” maybe was in the area 20 years ago, back then there were so many deer, you could get a couple extra doe tags, doe’s were everywhere, would see them in groups of 8-10 at a time
Bud

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.