Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1641978 times)

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #23910 on: Jun 29, 2021, 06:24 AM »
Morning all,

IFF......so sorry to hear you're under the weather  :(  glad you got checked out and have meds to get you back on track  :clap:  rest up my friend  ;)

MrC......you are correct, no central air here, just a window unit in the bedroom  :-\  hope work hasn't been too crazy with everyone getting ready for the 4th  :)

IW.....we also have hot water baseboard heat, had an estimate last year for central air $15,000 WITH the NYS assistance $$$  :o :o

WS.....if you are looking for something to do later, my windows could use a good scrubbing  :roflmao:

TT.....fingers crossed MrsTT is continuing to do well with her recovery  :flex:

Eddie.....haven't seen many snails/slugs this year around the garden  :clap: I only salt 1 or 2 every morning on my walk around the yard, last year they took over the garden  :%$#!:

Had a quick 5 minute downpour yesterday, picked up a 1/2" of rain then it just got hotter and more humid when it quit  :wacko:  think a SLOW walk thru the air conditioned grocery store is on the agenda today  ;)2

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23911 on: Jun 29, 2021, 06:52 AM »
73* this morning, all ready. It was 82* last night went I turned in.
IW, good to hear MIL is improving. House looks great.
IFF, nice looking boat.
WS, thanks for sharing the video.
WW, enjoy your walk in the A/C.
Going be another HOT one today. A friend caught a nice walleye on Sunday. Just over 28 inches, it was released. My cousin saw a picture of it. They are out there.
The wife had to go in for a CAT scan this morning.
Have a good day and stay cool....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #23912 on: Jun 29, 2021, 07:27 AM »
Good Morning Bud, Jeff, Wally, H2,  Morning Everyone,
  Another sticky start to the day….73* and rising, high of 90 again today. May see some isolated thunderstorms today.

Bud…sending you best wishes the meds clear up your breathing issues, glad you made the decision to go checked out at the clinic, great idea getting another Covid test as well.  Get well soon Sir!   :thumbsup:
  Jeff….funny you mentioned that….called one of my buddies on their coffee break yesterday just to make sure they were staying hydrated down there. He asked if I missed setting marble on days like these down there, lol. Miss the comradery, but not the scorching heat on that marble deck.   ;D  :thumbsup:
  Wally…the slugs have calmed down here in my garden as well, getting a few early in the morning some days…nothing like last year so far! My new weapon of choice for them besides the beer traps is bamboo skewers for shish kabob, they work amazing well, I call it “ going sticking “.  50 for a buck at the dollar store!   :roflmao:
  H2…best wishes to your wife with the scan this morning, that was a beautiful walleye your buddy caught….your turn coming up!!!  :thumbsup:
  Steve…thanks for the info on the ball teams, yes, they made some big changes with the minor league clubs and divisions. Do you plan on taking any games in this season?
  Marv…excellent job on the video, will be playing that one for my granddaughter here soon!   :clap: :thumbsup:  I’ll 2nd Wally’s reply and make sure the cooler is chock full of “ Ernie’s “ on ice!!  :whistle:

Got the lawns under control before the heat really kicked in yesterday. One more day of the triple H weather to go and then it looks like cooler weather and some rain in the forecast.
  Noticed in my driving around the last few days the enormous amount of Help Wanted signs on businesses. Seems like just about every shop had one, and some
offering wages that were well above minimal wages. One actually posted they were giving sign on bonus’s! Imagine when the extra $$ being given out on top of the unemployment runs dry, some of those jobs will be sought out.
  Eggs and bacon coming up…Cawfee’s on!   ;D
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #23913 on: Jun 29, 2021, 11:26 AM »
This should be in the grumpy thread  but went to start my Nissan Frontier after sitting since last week in the 8" of rain for 2 days,would not start at all,well my box has rust holes in the bed and one was right over the gas tank vent on top of the tank,so i siphoned 8 gallons of gas out and there was 1 gallon of water.i siphoned old school by mouth with clear hose.ahhh the memories of sucking gas out of cars as a kid at a junkyard my dad worked at.buying a tonneau cover today.lol the truck is rust free except for the inside of the box has holes everywhere from no liner in it.ironically i was getting water out of my tank while it was raining too.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #23914 on: Jun 29, 2021, 02:07 PM »
Good afternoon everyone :bow:

82 topping out at 85 in a couple hours. Not as hot as to the East, but not a good day to pick rock or split wood :whistle:

IW....enjoy hanging out indoors :thumbsup:

WW....do your windows come with a cherry pie upon completion ???

Eddie..... the cooler is bulging with treasure  ;D

h2l....hope your wife's scan went well :thumbsup:

As I was wrapping up my walk this morning a neighbor down the road a ways stopped me to see if I would check out his tree. When I got home I changed clothes, grabbed my gear, and ended up doing the job right away. It was a bigger rotten boxelder but there was plenty of room to let stuff fly. It took a little under 2 hours to knock the top out and another hour to cut it up so the guy could handle it. I finished just in time for some apple strudel fresh out of the oven. I must have carried on enough about how good it was s she sent a big piece home with me ;D

Hope everyone is having a good day :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy, and stay hydrated .

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23915 on: Jun 29, 2021, 05:18 PM »
WS…..if it’s cherry pie you want, cherry pie it shall be  ;D

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23916 on: Jun 29, 2021, 07:00 PM »
Well back at the grind of things at the home base, hate delayed planes and them not holding the last one so the kids could land and make it home, could not leave them by themselves so stayed with them. Trying to catch up with the coworker and figure out what needs done and caught up on while working on the data from last week to hopefully get that ICP going, but they lost the computer this weekend so it just keeps going.  Have a good mid week everyone.

Online tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23917 on: Jun 29, 2021, 07:01 PM »
Another muggy one today.

I found out today that Ginger Zee will be on ABC between 8 and 9am EDT Wednesday (tomorrow) the 30th. It is the rise and shine segment. Here is a link where I found about it. www.oceanacountypress. com

I have done  quite a bit of work for Mac Wood and his family over the years.

The wife's knee replacement has not gone as good as her first one. She has had a lot more pain. I am not going to go with the same doctor as she did. The doctor that did the first knee has retired.

I have an appointment with the doctor that scoped the knee when I blew the meniscus in it years ago. I can not get in until August 4th.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #23918 on: Jun 29, 2021, 09:20 PM »
Good evening like many of you went through another hot,humid ,muggy day may see a thunderstorm. All of the rain Dr.Speckler and Zcm-28 received recently hits my areas and other parts of the East tomorrow weather guessers are calling for chance of rain every day until July 5TH .Then get a one day break before more rain  looking at the ten day forecast. Hopefully those of us in the Eastern U.S. do not see the problems both of these gentlemen are dealing with currently. received a phone call from the property management company earlier Verizon will be installing a fiber optic system over the next several days giving us a choice in phone service,TV and internet service providers once the work is completed and system is tested currently we only have Spectrum cable for these services with possibly the exception of telephone service.
IFF glad your nephew took you to the clinic may the medications help you defeat the pneumonia hopefully they caught it early and you will recover quickly. May you also see a break from the record high temperatures in the coming days.
Ice wanderer I'm doing similar moving from Ac at home to Ac in car then at work or elsewhere reminds me of friends I have in Florida. You and the wife be careful during this weather. Has your MIL seen any improvement yet since starting the medications.
Wallyworld have you look at at the portable AC units like Ice Wanderer has I see they now have small units you fill with water that you can move from room to room and are supposed to cool the space quickly. Ceiling fans might be of some benefit also in keeping your home cooler. Glad you are not seeing many slugs in your garden so far this growing season.
Hunts2long may the Cat scan not show any new medical problems for your wife. Congratulations to your friend on catching the large walleye from GSL. I guess there are a few bigger fish swimming in the waters of what some people call the "Dead Sea".
eddie while I think of myself as a calm-rational person this pandemic has gotten me a little paranoid about being in a large group of people.I glad to have attended the boy's lacrosse high school sectional championship game earlier this month that was the largest crowd I had been around in over a year tried to keep some distance from other fans/spectators as most were not wearing face masks.  Sorry but I've been around the proverbial block to many times to believe everyone now walking around without a mask has been vaccinated for Covid-19 plus with all the mutations still on edge. So don't think I will be attending any baseball games this season. The Hudson Valley Renegades home stadium is operating at full capacity which I think is around five thousand people so in no rush to go see a game. I'm seeing similar help wanted signs around my area .
Dr.Speckler sorry to hear about the problems with your truck may you get it start once putting in some fresh gasoline and the tonneau cover prevent future problems. just my humble opinion but please look into a siphon system that uses a pump instead of doing it with your mouth. Given your health problems earlier this year personally don't think it would help your digestive system if you swallowed some gasoline. But then you are a doctor or at least play one here on Ice Shanty.
Whopper Stopper I'm guessing all of your neighbors know you as the "Tree Man" no pun intended but you have been falling into the tree work lately. Nice that it was a small job and you could help your neighbor right away bonus that his wife had just baked an apple strudel and your praising her baking skills got you some to take home.
Fish/hunt4ever thank you for answering my question as to why you ended up spending the night at the Denver airport. May things get better for you as this week progresses hopefully you did not loose any needed data to the computer problem.
Tom turkey sorry to read your wife is having a lot of pain after her recent knee replacement surgery may her condition improve as time with each passing day. You have me curious will have to check out the link you provide to find out about Ginger Zee and Mac Wood.

Everyone stay safe.
 Steve

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23919 on: Jun 30, 2021, 12:18 AM »
What a difference a day makes  :thumbsup: Meds and sleep, and feel like its a go get em.  Now will be heading to my pillows shortly, will be up at 4:00 PT and at launch to join up with one of the nephews friends for some salmon fishing, at 5:00,  that could also have some Steelhead finding the net.
In room temp at 71* and will have outside temp in the morning at 61, that should only climb to 73 by noon.  Now that is the kind of weather I remember it being out here this time of year.  A lot more to my liking for sure.

Reading local reports, the heat killed something like 60 in the Washington/Canada area, mostly elderly. That was some heat bomb. 

Take care all and have a great hump day
Bud

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #23920 on: Jun 30, 2021, 04:24 AM »

Good morning Bud, ER's,
                        It's 72* both in and out.  ::)
                        Bud.........I'm glad you are feeling better. :thumbsup: Good luck out on the river. :flex:
                        Marv........Nice job on the tree and some baked apple strudel afterwards, great job. :clap:
                        Eddie.......I couldn't imagine working with the marble on days like we've been having, it as bad as working on the black top. :cookoo:
                        Wally.......Yeah, going to the grocery store is so inviting. :thumbsup: Mitsubishi makes a ductless AC unit for about $3000, you can find it a Home Depot. :whistle:
                        Tom..........I'm sorry to read that your wife is experiencing a lot of pain, good luck with your knee. :blink:
                        Yesterday was a scorcher, I did get out to mow my lawn. crazy huh. I was just about finished and the sky opened up, I finish this morning. Then the
              neighbors that use to have the place next door were in the area and stopped by, they were here for about 4 hours. It was nice to see them.
                        Not much going on today as the heat will be as close as it was yesterday.
                         I hope everyone has a good Wednesday either at work or out. Stay safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #23921 on: Jun 30, 2021, 04:50 AM »
Good morning IW! Good morning everyone :bow:

61 heading to a drippy 87 by the afternoon. The guessers tell us a "heat wave" for the upcoming long weekend ???

Bud....Glad you are feeling better. Go get em! :thumbsup:

TT....Sorry to read you wife is experiencing pain. Give her our best. Ginger Z is my favorite ;D

IW.... Not much a person can do when it when the temps get so hot. Take care :thumbsup:

WW.....Hope the grocery store air conditioning helped. On real tough days don't forget the "Beer Caves". They are a steady 28 degrees  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Eddie....Hope your granddaughter liked the video :thumbsup:

Time for a walk so best get going. My wife is working from home today so not sure if I have a "special priority list"   or not.

Hope you all have a good day :thumbsup: Stay safe, keep healthy, stay hydrated.

WS

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23922 on: Jun 30, 2021, 05:10 AM »
75° and raining again here, heading toward a forecast of 87° with more storms. I don't think I've gotten quite as much rain as the Doc, but we did pick up about another half inch yesterday, which puts me between 7-8" in the last week.

The rivers are very unhappy. They had just started leveling off or dropping, but they're on the rise again after the spotty downpours yesterday. It's going to take them a week or two to straighten out whenever it does decide to quit raining. Forecast says no rain Friday-Tuesday, but it also said light scattered showers yesterday, and instead we got scattered gullywashers. 🤷‍♂️

I'm thankful I haven't had to deal with the kind of heat you poor guys in the PNW have lately, but the humidity has been stifling. It was 93% yesterday, and at the moment it is 98% here. I'm sure it will taper off a bit after sunrise, but it's still going to be a miserable day.

In better news, Dad's still slowly improving, he has an appointment scheduled to get his staples out next week. He has 44 of them, so I don't envy him at all that day.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23923 on: Jun 30, 2021, 06:35 AM »
71* this morning. Yesterday it was HOT.
F/H4, I don't think I have been in a plane in 25 years. I bet flying has really changed in the past year or so.
Mr. C, I am sure there are a few good walleyes in this lake.
IFF, good luck, the weather sounds just about right.
ZCM, good to hear that you Dad continues to improve.
The wife's CAT scan came back OK.
The Marine that was hit in Times Square was from Northville.
The wife's sister and daughter are coming for a overnight visit today. It will be the first since the lockdowns started.
Have a good day and stay safe....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23924 on: Jun 30, 2021, 06:56 AM »
Morning all,

H2L.....glad the CAT scan went well  :clap:  enjoy the company  ;)

IFF.....good luck today, fingers crossed a trophy hits the deck  :flex:

WS.....hope your "special" list isn't too long  :whistle:  thanks for the beer cave tip  @)

MrC.....we do have ceiling fans in almost all the rooms, helps a little  :)  don't blame you for being a bit paranoid these days, still lots of conflicting "advise" floating around  ::)

IW.....going to try to get the lawn done here today, should have been done 2 days ago  :blink: thanks for the a/c info, will be checking it out  :)

Eddie....I tried the beer trap trick, first night out the raccoons discovered the "sweet treat", so much for that  :roflmao:

It's 74* out, 79* in now  :wacko:  weatherman says a "cold front" coming in later   :bow:  fingers crossed he's right this time  ;)2

TT.....sorry to hear MrsTT is having a lot of pain, hope things improve soon  :(

Online tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23925 on: Jun 30, 2021, 09:10 AM »
The Ginger Zee segment about the dunes was a big disappointment. Mac Woods was quite a character. He was the first person that figured out how to drive in the dunes. I learned right away to not drop a bent nail on the ground when working for him, they all got put in my pocket as he would straighten them out and put them back in the box of nails

The family that owns the Cherry Point Farm Market owns a lot of land. You could see in the orchard how small the cherry crop was. If there land was farther away from the big lake there would have been none.

ZCM Do you have a Shelby down that way? I do not  dare enlarging them. If I do I can not get rid of the enlargements unless I manually shut down my computer.[

Time to get part of the lawn mowed before it get too hot.

Every one else stay out of the heat if you can.

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23926 on: Jun 30, 2021, 09:54 AM »
tomturkey - It's Shelby, Indiana. I actually fish several miles downstream of there, but that is the closest gauge to my fishing spots on the Kankakee River.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23927 on: Jun 30, 2021, 05:27 PM »
Good Afternoon all, feeling better but still some lingering cough.

Yes the weather was perfect, and yes a trophy hit the line, but not the deck. It snapped a brand new 20# leader that was just put on after a lure change.  It taxed both rod and reel's drag.

All hooks have to be barbless, which gave another one a chance to escape, The Lowrance HDS 9 at times showed some very  large fish in the water column, and as there presently no seal, or sea lions in the area they were ruled out.  I think I am in love with that Sonar  ;D

Time for this OG to find a pillow. 

Bud

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #23928 on: Jun 30, 2021, 09:38 PM »
Good evening another hot day here was in the middle eighties at ten this morning. Around eight this evening had a brief thunderstorm.
IFF glad you are feeling better and the record heat in the North West has come to an end. Sorry to hear you did not boat any salmon today.
Ice Wanderer glad your former neighbors paid you a visit while in your area of NY.
Whopper stopper may the priority list not have been to long today.
Zcm-28 happy to hear your dad's health is improving and his surgical staples will be removed next week. may the rains end soon in your area.
Hunts2long have a good visit with your wife's sister and her daughter. Glad your wife's CAT scan show nothing negative.
Wallyworld I think a little air movement does help during periods of high temperature good that you have ceiling fans. guess you will have to find a new way to deal with any garden slugs.
Tomturkey sorry the ginger Zee segment on good Morning America was not what you were expecting. sadly a lot of TV footage is lost in the editing process to make it fit a certain time frame in a program.
Eddie did your granddaughter take control of your I-pad once again so no post from you today.

Everyone stay safe during this warmer weather.
 Steve

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23929 on: Jul 01, 2021, 05:04 AM »
Morning all,

Just a quick hello before heading out to look for some eyes  ;D

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #23930 on: Jul 01, 2021, 06:15 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Welcome to July!  66* this am, rain expected over the next few days, high of 73 today.

Steve….couldn’t blame my granddaughter for the IPad yesterday, we got hit with some strong thunderstorms and winds Tuesday. Ended up losing power twice and internet service was screwed up until early yesterday afternoon. They said the winds were 40-60mph…they seemed to come out of nowhere and hit fast and hard. Thankfully we didn’t get hit with the hail like some of the surrounding areas.  :thumbsup:  Understand the paranoid feelings concerning crowds, think there was only about 1300 in attendance at the stadium the night we went.
  Bud…glad you’re feeling better and getting a break from that heat wave! Sounds like you were hooked up with some big ones! Better luck next trip out… :clap: :thumbsup:  Not familiar with the Lowrance unit, will take a peak at that.
  Tom…I missed Ginger Zee yesterday, wanted to see that! Hope your wife is feeling some relief today…best wishes sent her way!   :thumbsup:
  Wally… those raccoons seem to find everything, haven’t had that issue yet!  :woot:  Hope you got caught up on the lawn yesterday.  :thumbsup:  Best of luck with the fishing today!!
  H2…very good news on your wife, hope everyone is having a great visit.   :thumbsup:
  Z…glad to read your Dad is improving each day, best wishes to him with the staples coming out.  :thumbsup:  That’s a lot of rain over the last week, hope you see some better weather soon!   :thumbsup:
  Marv…the video was a big hit, played it a few times! The bunny was her favorite, lol.  ;D  :thumbsup:   Nice job on the tree work, hope the priority list wasn’t too bad yesterday!   ;D
  Jeff…glad you had a nice visit with the old neighbor’s!  :clap:  Was wondering if you got hit with those strong thunderstorms also up your way, saw there was bands like here heading through Warrensburg area.

Not much on the planner yet. Counted 6 pepper plants yesterday that were snapped from the high winds, not sure what else took a hit yet.  Cawfee’s on…
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #23931 on: Jul 01, 2021, 07:48 AM »
Good morning WW, Eddie!

70 degrees heading to near 90 today. The are still saying mid 90's for the long weekend.

WW....best of luck with the walleye's :thumbsup:

Eddie....glad the video was a hit. We are inundated with rabbits it seems. I could count 7 at one time scattered around the yard yesterday.

TT....hope you wife is better today :thumbsup: My grandpa Ernie was a cabinet maker after moving here from Switzerland. He also picked up all bent nails and straightened them. He would often check out new construction sites and pick up nails and short boards. He built beautiful doll houses in his retirement years. If the people could afford them he would get $40 per house, if not he would give them away free because all little girls should have a doll house.

Bud....Hope you land one of those Tuna's today :thumbsup:

My brother is coming on the 4th for a short visit leaving on the 5th. Part of my list yesterday involved a cloth and some pledge polish. There were a few other things but it was pretty mild.

I had set my live trap Tuesday night after seeing the 3 raccoons on the video. I am happy to report the biggest one, the mom, was waiting in the trap yesterday morning. She now resides at a park 8 miles from our house. I will probably set the trap again after the long weekend to reunite the family.

Hope you all have a good day :thumbsup: Stay safe, keep healthy and hydrated.

WS

Online tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23932 on: Jul 01, 2021, 07:58 AM »
Eddie
As far as I am concerned Ginger Zee waisted her time at the dunes. Maybe  the driver from Macs did not take her and her crew down the shore line of Lake Michigan running through the water soaking them.
She spent most of the time at the Grand Hotel on Mackinaw Island. Hopefully my friends wife did not see that as she fell on a bike coming down the hill from the hotel. She got hurt  bad and had to be aero meded out of Petoskey to Grand Rapids. She is lucky she is still alive.

It sounds like I need to make sure that the firearms are locked and loaded. Last night three different people were woke up by some one with hoodies on beating on their doors then running and hiding. The wife had some one try the front screen door one night when I was gone. The dogs barking made them leave.

This week end they were stealing real estate signs. The stole a big sign from a barn  venue just out side of the assn. The have been tipping over porta johns too. Seeing we can not get law enforcement here it will probably turn into vigilante justice.

ww You do not have to head out to find eyes. Just go look in a mirror. ::)

Marv Straightened bent nails are alright until they bend again. I have plenty of short pieces of lumber in the garage. They will come in handy eventually. I am not that crafty any more to build doll houses any more like your Grandpa Ernie did. He sounds like a great man for doing that.

The Grand River was supposed to crest yesterday. Before all of this rain it was flowing at 2000 cubic feet a minute. The  predicted crest was supposed to be a 17,000 feet, just slightly above flood stage.

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23933 on: Jul 01, 2021, 08:04 AM »
Well, this cursed rain has finally come to an end. Official 7 day total was just shy of 7" but I had closer to 8.5" add up in my rain gauge. Sitting at 70° and sunny now with an expected high of 75. The next 5 days look pretty good on the forecast, so hopefully the rivers start backing off flood stage before we see more rain.

They'll be blown out for a while though, so this weekend will be my first open water lake fishing of the year. About 99% of my boat fishing has been rivers the past decade, so it will be a nice little change up. Just have to make it through the day, then it's a 4 day weekend to chase some fish.  ;D

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23934 on: Jul 01, 2021, 09:13 AM »
Marv, I believe Westport Charters do offer a trip for tuna, just checked their web sight and see no charters are offered until into August.  At $180 a ticket for Sea bass/bottom fish, I'll pass on that.

Going to stay put close to my pillow today, hope to shake off the coughing and wheezing. other wise a trip to a marine/boat shop to see if a shift cable might be in stock.

WW good luck on dialing in the eyes  :thumbsup:

zcm was it Illinois that had/have the Asian carp problem of jumping in the boats ???
Bud

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23935 on: Jul 01, 2021, 10:07 AM »
That silver carp problem is mostly in the Illinois River, which is way up north of me.

I live in EC IL right on the IL/IN state line, and do the majority of my fishing in Indiana.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23936 on: Jul 01, 2021, 04:59 PM »
Well after a couple forced naps, got up to do the inhaler,  Didn't get any personal instructions on how to use it but just doing like I've seen in movies etc:  :unsure: inhale and hold it seems proper.

Dave don't blame you a bit, with that temp I would be too.  Some how just don't seem natural, for a need of A/C in NWT. Hate salty sweet getting in eyes trying to work on something.  What kind of cool down you get when the sun goes down ???

zcm, oh ...My first wife's relatives where from the Casey, Mattoon, Greenup area.  Used to visit them at least once a year, fun place to pond fish, collect bull frogs, Mushrooms.

With the high water temp state is rumored to be ready to make emergency rules, and cut off the Salmon fishing on this stretch of the Columbia River, so think I will return north to Olympia for at least a few days  Not having the Lady friend join up, may as well head on home and deal with the house.  Sounds like I will miss out on the runs due to come in later in August.

Checking on boats for sale here, they sure are in love with the used ones, Sounds like even new ones are hard to come by what with the lockdown's because of the Rona.  Prices are off like run away rockets on most everything, lumber included.

Hope better days are on the way, hang in there crew.
Bud

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23937 on: Jul 01, 2021, 05:07 PM »
IFF - I used to have a couple cousins lived down there in Charleston way back when, so I've been down around there. They're in Tennessee now, though. A lot of my Dad's relations used to be scattered around down between Danville and Tuscola, but they've all died off now.

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #23938 on: Jul 01, 2021, 06:01 PM »
Evening!! Cool down coming!! 59 tonight and 74 tomorrow!!!Air off and open up! Welcome Les!! Welcome back!!!!  :thumbsup: :clap: :flex: :bow: Everyone stay safe and well!!!!
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #23939 on: Jul 01, 2021, 10:13 PM »
Good evening, like  OldSailor things are cooling off here also calling for rain over the next several days. Depending on the forecast Sunday the Forth will be sunny or rainy with a high in middle seventies.
Wallyworld will check tomorrow for report from today's fishing trip.
Eddie I hope you did not suffer much storm damage to your garden. Even without bad weather internet service has been slow at times in my area the past few days.
Whoper stopper enjoy the visit with your brother.Good work helping your wife make your home presentable to your brother. May you be able to trap the other two raccoons and reunite the family.
Tomturkeymay the vandals be caught i know you have mentioned this before sad local law enforcement ignores your development or feels the do not have authority to to enforce laws with in it's boundaries.
Zcm-28 glad the rain has finally stopped may any flooding not be to bad in your area. Best to you on this weekend's fishing trip.
IFFkeep a watch on your health back in 2002 around father's day my dad was not feeling good ended up at the ER of one of our local hospitals diagnosed with pneumonia. After a couple of days he was discharged and seem to be doing better in late July/early August his condition got worse so back to the hospital turned out one of his lungs had collapsed discharged after a week came home on oxygen took him until late September to start showing signs of being fully recovered from the pneumonia . The high heat and humidity hitting the North West does not help your condition. Best to you on the trips back to Olympia and Colorado.
Drifter-016 may you not see a long heat wave. Good you have a month/plus vacation to work on the cabin. Be careful check on your neighbors if they are at their property and vice-versa.
OldSailor enjoy the cooler weather. has any date been set for your hip surgery.

Everyone keep safe,stay hydrated and be careful when out in high humidity and temperatures.
 Steve

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.