Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1623078 times)

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #23550 on: May 22, 2021, 09:37 PM »
aleve that's what I forgot to pack  :%$#!: well now I can add it to my list.

Hope the A/C works when I get it on a 30 amp circuit, to much for the kids place to plug in I found out.

Dennis will check that add out now, thanks for the heads up.

Now time for a nice shower.  and find my pillow.  ;D
Bud

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #23551 on: May 22, 2021, 09:54 PM »
Good evening cloudy for most of the day but no rain another warm one i'm guessing is is in the sixties out side currently after getting close to ninety for the days high temperature. I received some sad news while looking through the obituaries in today's newspaper my friend/neighbor who lived across the street for majority of years my family owned the house passed on may 19th. this gentlemen was a big help to me during the Winters many times i would come home from work to find my driveway cleared of snow nice to be able to pull right in and not have to shovel first. Visitation is on Monday.
IFF that is a lot of different trash/recycling companies to serve one community. smart idea to wait until you will be home for an extended period of time before getting a puppy. I believe you and one of your daughters are headed to South Carolina later this week have a good trip.
Eddie now that you have put in your window AC units the temperatures will probably become more seasonal. Good to have the units in and ready if this warmer weather stays around for a week or longer. Good to read your garden is holding up well to the heat. Please pass my birthday wishes onto your daughter. May your granddaughter have played well in today's baseball game.
Wallyworldhope your grandchildren had a good soccer game. Is one of the grandchildren now into rowing/crew or is the regatta a community event.
Ice Wanderer i share your concerns about easing Covid-19 mandates  in the obituary for my friend /neighbor it states that if you have been vaccinated no need to wear a face mask if not please wear a mask and try to social distance. I'm wondering if the doorman at funeral home will be asking to see proof of vaccination or it will be on the honor system which means many people will not be wearing masks.
Hunts2long it would be smart of the DEC to put in place a restriction on brush burning and fires while camping during this dry spell. I'm sure there will be good number of people out enjoying nature next weekend we don't need any forest/wildfires.
fish/hunt4ever good to read your area of Wyoming has not seen any snow from the weather system. best to you with tomorrow's air travel.
Whopper Stopper maybe if enough employees all tell your wife's boss they are more productive working from home he will allow some to continue to do so especially those with longer commutes each day. Did you get your lawn buzzed before any rain arrived today.
Drifter-016 glad to hear your shoulder is feeling better . remember the Tylenol may still be in your system so go easy on the adult beverages over the Holiday week or you may find yourself in a deep fog or worse condition.
Old Goat may all be good with you and the family. does your daughter graduate from college this year.
Oldsailor may everything also be good for you and your family.
SpitzoMT like Fish/hunt4ever may your area of Montana have avoid any snow fall . i hope all is godd with you and your family.

Be safe,stay healthy and have a good night.
 Steve

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #23552 on: May 23, 2021, 12:00 AM »
OS
This issue with my shoulder nothing but the T3's mellow the pain.
All good now though and I spent the day in the garage working on the SxS.
Got the tracks yanked off it and the wheels installed. While I had the wheels off I pulled the knuckles off so I could grease the wheel bearings. Had heard they are light on grease from the factory and I didn't want premature failure so it was worth all the time it took. Each bearing took between 11 and 14 pumps of grease to fill them.    :-\

Tomorrow I'll work on installing the turn signal kit I got for it.   
Maybe go for a ride too.
;D

Online wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23553 on: May 23, 2021, 05:49 AM »
Morning all,

The soccer game ended in a 4-4 tie, “our” school won the regatta   :)  last race of the season is today. Also 2 field hockey games today.

MrC.....my oldest granddaughter is on the high school varsity crew team, been rowing since middle school  :)

Heading west later today.

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #23554 on: May 23, 2021, 07:00 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  65* with 10-20mph winds this am, feels wonderful....high in the low 70’s today.  :clap:

Wally...best of luck to your grandchildren with their competitions today, safe travels home for you and Mr.WW!   :thumbsup:
  Dave...way to go getting the tracks off and taking the extra time to grease up the bearings....man, they took a lot!   :clap.   Guessing they don’t fill them to capacity so the dealer makes their end on the service/maintenance contract? Will be looking forward to some pictures of that beast soon...did you get your plow and trailer yet?
  Steve...sorry to read about the loss of your neighbor, sounds like he was really good guy, my condolences.  Looking like some comfortable weather over the next 10 days, could really use some rain...chance of showers possible for 2 or 3 days.   :thumbsup:
  Marv...hope the rain held off until you finished up your lawn yesterday!   :thumbsup:
  FH4...safe travels today and hope all the flights are on time.   :thumbsup:

Thank you for my daughters B’Day wishes, hard to believe how fast the time passes!  Had a nice day with the family and topped it off sitting around a fire last night. Could use a few of those Aleve right now myself...one to many bourbons or beers.   ;D
  Not much on the planner yet today...but that will soon change I’m sure.   Cawfee’s on...extra strong today. 
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23555 on: May 23, 2021, 07:47 AM »
65* this morning.
WW, glad you are having a good time. Safe travels.
Lindsay and Rocky came up yesterday. She took the dogs swimming. Rocky will go in but not swimming yet. Scout loved it. Then had a cook out.
Have good day....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #23556 on: May 23, 2021, 07:54 AM »
Good morning all :bow:

69 with patchy sprinkles all day

WW....Best wishes for the grandkids to have a successful day :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Safe travels on the return trip :thumbsup:

Eddie.... Those fires can get a fella  ;D Sounds like a fun night poking in the fire :thumbsup:

Dave.... Don't get any icky ticky hot rodding the roads with the "Beast" ;D

I was able to get the mowing done yesterday without rain. The girls had a good time on a WI lake fishing, they said it was very busy at the launch all day long.

Not a lot going on here today. The s-i-l is off with her kayak and the wife is cleaning the grill ???

I am planning to spend some time in the reloading room.

Hope you all have a good day :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23557 on: May 23, 2021, 08:31 AM »
Well first flight in the books next one delayed an hour so far. But it is to the final destination so not a big deal. Then a hour and half drive to the hotel. Already thinking it will be nice to be back home. Got out on the lake again for a couple hours and had one bite but bounced around a bit the lake lost 10 degrees in water temp and the flow into the lake is increasing but will mostl likely slow a bit with the melt slowed down on the mountain but rained off and on for the last 3 days which has been nice to get the moisture. Stay safe everyone and have a good Sunday before the work week starts.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23558 on: May 23, 2021, 09:11 AM »
Good Morning all,  yeah extra strong coffee please.

Dave:  Turn signals really ??? There that much traffic in Yellow Knife, does the wildlife pay attention to turn signals ??? How many traffic lights does Yellow Knife have ?   ;D  Always a good feeling when you wake up missing a pain that was bugging your sub conscious.

Right you are Steve, will be heading to Myrtle Beach, for that weekend camp out.  From there, most likely the long road trip back to Colorado, I'm sure I will have a lot to put on my list to do.  So much to decide.  Stay or go. thinking to many options LOL 

Hope everyone has a great day

Later.

Bud

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #23559 on: May 23, 2021, 09:38 AM »
20 or so traffic lights in town. Turn signals work well for letting people know that you are changing lanes too you know.  ;D

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23560 on: May 23, 2021, 10:41 AM »
Dave, question:  how long is the Mackenzie river ?
Bud

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #23561 on: May 23, 2021, 12:10 PM »
Dave, question:  how long is the Mackenzie river ?

1,080 miles

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23562 on: May 23, 2021, 02:37 PM »
Good Afternoon Everyone, 81* here and looks like it might rain. My wife has the day off so we went in search of Farmers Markets. Thought there might be some today because the town next to us has theirs on Thursday. No luck. Took the boy to the lake and while they strolled I drowned some worms. No fish were interested today.

IFF, Hope you have a good day today and got the AC fixed.

Whopper Stopper, How did the reloading go? Hopefully you get out on the water soon.

Hunts2long, Sounds like yesterday was a good day. That stinks your wife has to go in 3 times a week.

MasonEddie, Happy Birthday to your daughter. Sounds like your busier then when you were working.

WallyWorld, Glad you had a great time this weekend. Was the Regatta held in Worcester? Safe travels home.

Drifter, Thats good you got the tracks off and got the wheels on. Sounds like the dealer does under grease.

I hope everyone had a good day and tight lines to those on the water.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #23563 on: May 23, 2021, 03:05 PM »

Drifter, Thats good you got the tracks off and got the wheels on. Sounds like the dealer does under grease.

Not the dealer, the factory.
Most likely the factory that builds the bearings as they just install them at the factory that builds the knuckles.
Then when the machine is built everything just gets put together.

Good thing is I found out about the issue in a FB group so was prepared to fix it before it became a problem.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23564 on: May 23, 2021, 03:47 PM »
That would be quite a kayak trip, whitewater and falls involved ??
Bud

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #23565 on: May 23, 2021, 09:56 PM »
 Good evening another warm day believe tomorrow the high temperature will only reach the seventies.  :clap: Picking up one of my neighbors form when I lived at the house in another part of New Windsor then we will head to the funeral home . We plan to arrive at start of visitation hours pay our respects and leave both of us are still cautious about spending extended time inside with people we do not know during this pandemic.
Drifter-016 glad you felt good enough to change the tracks on SxS out for wheels. Smart thinking greasing the wheel bearings before putting on the tires nice that you knew about the bearings coming lightly greased from the factory.
Wallyworld may you be safely back home. I hope today's crew race and field hockey games went well for your grandchildren. Thank you for answering my question about the regatta. The high school in Newburgh has a crew team that competes on the club level there also is a rowing club in Newburgh. They share a boat house. Even with the Hudson river most river town public high school do not have crew teams. The only local college that I know of with Mens/Women's crew teams is Marist in Poughkeepsie,NY.
Hunts2long glad Lindsay visited and took the dogs for a swim even if Rocky did not care for the water.
IFF safe travel for you and your daughter enjoy your time in Myrtle Beach,S.C.  . Happy Birthday wishes sent to your daughter.
Icefisher-45 good to read you were able to do some fishing may the fish be more cooperative on your next trip.

A good night to everyone.
 Steve

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #23566 on: May 23, 2021, 10:34 PM »
That would be quite a kayak trip, whitewater and falls involved ??

NAH, pretty tame I believe.
You want white water hit the Slave River.
There is some super bad ass water there.

https://spectacularnwt.com/attraction/slave-river-rapids

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23567 on: May 24, 2021, 12:05 AM »
Received some bad news, Room mate got into a bad accident, totaled his car, and two others, he is lucky  to be alive, see what damaged was done to his car.  I didn't know he had sent a msg asking if he could use my car to make some deliveries.  That his was short on gas, and no money in his pocket. Two hours had gone by before I see the message.  I had just replied and he msg back that he went ahead and did them with his car.  An hour later he calls saying he was in a bad accident.  That he thought he had broken his arm/hand.  See he made it to my house, and text that he was having a friend take him to an ER. Seems, When it rains it pours for him.  Looks like the new job he was to start on Wednesday is not going to happen either.  So sad just when things were looking up for him

Dave white water and rapids really don't interest me.  Maybe 50 years ago .
Bud

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23568 on: May 24, 2021, 04:34 AM »
Raining again this morning. No complaints from me. They got 2 1/2 inches just north of me yesterday. Our power went out for a while in that storm. We will take all we can get. I noticed the flowing well in town is down to a drizzle.

I was over trying to get my friend her turkey yesterday with no luck We  could not get the turkeys to come to a call even though we saw quite a few. I had dropped a call at one of our set ups. I was not worried about it. I had not gotten far from her place when she called and said she had found it right next to the tree she had been set up at.

Bud It seems like some people would not have any luck at all if it wasn't for bad luck. I think I have been there a few times my self.

Dave I wish I was able to run a kayak but I can not set that low. White water is not my cup of tea. Canoes are my thing as I have had one since I bought an old wood canoe and fiber glassed it when I was in high school. I quit running one of our major rivers when I had to clear out the canoes left by others so we could get our groups canoes out. We piled those canoes in one pile and all of the life jackets in a pile not sorting the canoe liveries in separate piles. One of the canoe livery guys came and b***hed me out  for doing it. I told him the liveries need to have some one there to take care of their stuff as it was not my responsibility.

Time to get ready to head to the city for the wife's 9 am Drs. appointment. Then we will head to a couple of cemeteries to decorate graves, weather permitting.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #23569 on: May 24, 2021, 04:56 AM »
Good morning Bud, TT! Good morning everyone :bow:

64 heading to 8o later today. Mr.Muggy is enjoying his time here, they claim he is catching a cab on Thursday ???

Bud....Best wishes to your room mate on his recovery. Sorry to read of his continued bad luck.

WW....hope this finds you back at home and well rested ???.

Not a lot on the planner today. A walk in an hour and heading to the range after I get back. I have a couple cedar trees that need some tuning up, may do them sometime today.

I almost forgot.....Yesterday I almost stumbled on this little guy

Hope you all have a good Monday :thumbsup:   Stay safe and keep healthy

WS

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23570 on: May 24, 2021, 05:52 AM »
44* and sunny.
WS, nice picture of the fawn. My daughter said she has seen quite a few on her drive to work.
Drifter, you are saying that the roads are more than ONE lane. I guess they would have to be, to get the plows past the Summer people.
Going to be a cooler day. I have to dig a couple holes, so a perc test can be done. Having an issue with my leach field.
Have a good day and be well....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #23571 on: May 24, 2021, 06:08 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  46* and calm with partly cloudy skies, high of 68 today.   :thumbsup:

Marv...enjoy that walk and time at the range this morning! That’s an awesome picture of the fawn, can’t wait to show my granddaughter that one!!  :thumbsup: :clap:
  Tom...glad you’re finally seeing some rain out your way, we could sure use some here right now.  Hope you get another chance to call in a bird for your friend before the season closes...best of luck!   :thumbsup:
  Bud...wow, sorry to read the news on your roommate, best wishes sent his way on a quick recovery.  :thumbsup:
  Steve...I have a wake to attend on Wednesday and will be doing the same routine, still on the cautious side here as well. 
  I-45...glad to read you got a little fishing in, hopefully next trip the bite will be better!   :thumbsup:   
  Wally...hope you had a great time and a safe ride back with little traffic!    :thumbsup:
  H2...hope the digging goes easy, best of luck with the perk test!   :thumbsup:
  Jeff...any plans on taking the toon out this week?   :thumbsup:

Catching up on the lawn work today...maybe a trip to the stream this afternoon.  Cawfee’s on...

Online wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23572 on: May 24, 2021, 06:32 AM »
Morning all,

WS......great pic, thanks for sharing  :clap:  glad MrsWS and sister enjoyed the water therapy  ;D

IFF.....sorry to read about your room mate, wishing him a speedy recovery  :(  good luck with the decision making  ;)

MrC.....condolences on the loss of your friend/neighbor  :'( one regatta was in a bay in the ocean, the other in Cambridge on the Charles River  ;)

H2L.....fingers crossed the leech field issue is an easy fix  :-\

TT....glad your call was recovered, sorry the birds didn't want to co-operate  ::)

The field hockey team won both their games (2-0 then 3-1), the crew team also won their regatta  :flex: :thumbsup: :clap:  a great weekend for the grandkids and their teams  :thumbsup:

Catch up time again here, will be holding off on the remaining wood pile until the cooler weather forecast for the coming weekend  ;)2

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23573 on: May 24, 2021, 08:29 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, 59* here today. Had a short downpour yesterday which we needed. Nothing planned today. My wife is home today back to work tomorrow.

WallyWorld, Sounds like a great weekend with the grandkids. Better to work on the woodpile when it’s cooler.

Mason Eddie, Hopefully you can get down to the stream today.

Hunts2long, Good luck on the perc test.

Whopper Stopper, Have fun at the range today. Great picture of the fawn. Thank you for sharing.

Tom Turkey, Prayers your wife’s appointment goes well. That is very nice of you to take the time to decorate graves for Memorial Day.

IFF, Hope your roommate feels better and he is lucky he wasn’t hurt worse.

Mr Clean, My condolences to your loss of your neighbor and friend.

I hope everyone has a great day and a safe one. Tight lines to those on the water today.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #23574 on: May 24, 2021, 10:25 AM »
H2L
We actually have a couple of roads that are 2 lanes in either direction!!!
Wild EH?
  ;D

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #23575 on: May 24, 2021, 11:29 AM »

Good afternoon Everyone,
                        What a beautiful day it is. ::)
                        Eddie.......I was planning on one but my wife is in VT, she was suppose to come home yesterday but her mother had some sort of
              medical emergency yesterday, swho knows when she will be home.  :unsure:
                        Wally.......You sure had a busy sports weekend. I bet you are home. :thumbsup:
                        Marv........Those fawns sure can hide in the brush, also nature helped that they are scent free at birth. ;D
                        I-45.........Good therapy getting a little fishing in. :flex:
                        Dave........Are your roads even paved up there? lol :roflmao:
                        H2l..........Knowing something about your area over there, it's mostly sand so you shouldn't have a problem with a perc test. Sometimes
              leach fields get plugged up and a new one needs to be done. :unsure:
                        I took the weekend off from the wood, Saturday I went to #2 son's kids baseball games. Then yesterday I planted our garden.
                        This morning Magic Mike came over and offered to help stack what was split, we gone it done in about 2 hrs. Then I split some more
             but I have to run to town and get some groceries.
                        I hope everyone has a good of the rest of Monday. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #23576 on: May 25, 2021, 05:22 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
   45* this am with a high of 77 today.

Jeff...sending best wishes to your MIL, hope she’s feeling better today!  Glad to read the garden is in and Magic Mike swung by to give you a hand with the wood, good deal.   :thumbsup: :clap:
  I-45...did stop and get a few casts in yesterday at the stream, it was super low and clear. Didn’t catch any trout, but the creek chubs were on fire, lol. Talk about perfect pike bait...unfortunately here in NY you need a receipt for your minnows, and I think taking minnows from a trout stream is illegal.
  Wally...congratulation s to your grandchildren on their wins over the weekend, sounds like everyone had an excellent weekend!!!   :clap: :thumbsup: :bow:
  Marv...think I saw you out in the hallway, how did the cedar tree clean up go yesterday?   :thumbsup:

My wife needed a few things from Lowe’s yesterday, so we took the ride there mid morning. The mask mandate has been lifted here now, it was strange seeing most not wearing one...but it was also nice seeing some normalcy again. Just hope things don’t get out of control again... :thumbsup:
  Not much on the planner yet, still plenty of things to catch up on, lol...Cawfee’s on!

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23577 on: May 25, 2021, 05:54 AM »
Good Morning, 52*.
Drifter, I always wanted to visit the NWT. I heard there is some "pretty" good pike fishing.
WW, sound like the teams are on a roll. Glad you had a good trip.
Eddie, around here the mask rules seem to be different in every store. I am now keeping mine in my pocket, just in case, but it is getting better.
Well I got 2 holes done and my body reminded me that I am not a kid. As IW said, all sand but I am surprised on how packed it is. I have a guy to put in a new field but he wanted me to get a  permit, so I have been jumping though some hoops with the town.
Hope everyone has a good day and be well....h2l
Northville, NY

Online wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23578 on: May 25, 2021, 07:13 AM »
Morning all,

H2L.....always the hoops  ::)

Eddie.....agree completely in hoping there's no new surge resulting from the lifting of all the restrictions  :-\

IFF......safe travels south  ;)

WS.....fingers crossed MrMuggy exits town soon  @)

IW.....thoughts and prayers to your M-I-L  :)

Took a bike ride yesterday in preparation for the upcoming annual benefit ride for firefighters, just checking road conditions on the route, Looks like no changes needed  :thumbsup:

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #23579 on: May 25, 2021, 07:28 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

65 heading to the mid 80's. Mr. Muggy has left the area (for now) :thumbsup:

IW.... best  wishes to your M-I-L

Eddie.... I never got around to the cedar tree trimming, but it's toward the top of the list ;D.  Our mask rules are crazy. We have to carry one because every store is different.

WW.... Sounds like you had a fun day on the bike :thumbsup:

h2l.....No better time then now to start planning a NWT trip :thumbsup:

My wife took the day off today. We are going for a road trip and eventually stopping at the shack.

Hope you all have a good day :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.