Author Topic: Trophy Walleyes - No Map  (Read 1342 times)

Offline FishingIsLiving

• IceShanty Rookie
Trophy Walleyes - No Map
« on: Feb 04, 2013, 08:12 AM »
Thanks for the ideas AppleEye.

Removed my original post.  TMI.  Tight Lines...

Offline FishingIsLiving

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Trophy Walleyes - No Map
« Reply #1 on: Feb 04, 2013, 08:16 AM »
I forgot to mention, the lake is very low density for walleye but most fish run quite large...

Offline appleye

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Feb 04, 2013, 08:52 AM »
Whats the forage base? Natural lake of a reservoir? If perch are food then try deep, minnows then shallower. I think 20' is deep. I would try 5' to 10' and I would also think about try big bait, 6" being on the small size. I would also try some big swim baits and rip em and see if anything come on the graph. The other thing I would do is fish at night. Big fish like the dark in clearer water and they will be up in 3 to 4' if there are minnows up there. The other thing with big fish is time on the water. Drill a million holes so you know what there, rocks, sand mud, weeds and set accordingly.

My game plan most days is to try something new unless I know where to fish. I try to drill 100 holes a day on structures. Then I try to fish and graph all of them, Most of time I fish with a couple people to cover more water. Sometime 10' is all it take to catch fish, soaking minnows will not cover that much water.
In the memory of "Team Lighting" Fish ON!
No one ever says,"Man that fish tastes small.
Thank you Lord for thinkin bout me. I'm alive and doin fine!!!!!!

Offline FishingIsLiving

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 04, 2013, 09:18 AM »

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.