Author Topic: Perch Perch Perch  (Read 2411 times)

iceman04

Perch Perch Perch
« on: Feb 19, 2004, 03:56 PM »
how does everyone cook there perch???

I usually fillet them out or sometimes will take the whole fish and put it on the fry pan with a bunch of butter and sprinkle lemon pepper on it . . . next part is important . . . after the fish is cooked, get some lemon juice (i usually use the kind out of the bottle you can buy from the store, not sure of the brand name) and just put some of it all over the fish . . . or you can dip the fish in it . . . awesome.   it was my great grandfather's favorite meal, to have white perch dipped or slightly soaked in lemon juice . . . .

Offline Germ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Take what you want from what i post.
Re: Perch Perch Perch
« Reply #1 on: Feb 23, 2004, 07:05 AM »
I take 4 perch about 10 inches each throw them in the microwave covered with  suranwrap and about 3 tablespoons of butter and cook on high for 4-5 mins. take out and eat. Man can't beat perch. Fast and easy and less mess for me to clean then on the stove.
Please don't take offense to Germ's |Posts they are in no way shape or Form ...Ment to discredit or Discourage any other peoples post's..Please take Germ with a grain of salt and Rememeber it is all ment in good fun and if you Would like something changed on a post of mine mesage me ill fix it

Paradice

« Reply #2 on: Dec 17, 2004, 12:48 PM »
i believe there is a universal way to cook fish when you pan fry them.  Your own little variations and special touches are what make them great to you.  I used to use shorelunch, but it was so salty that I started experimenting and came up with my own breading. 

-pulverized crackers (i used a small hammer and a ziplock to powder them)
-flour
-granulized garlic
-lemon pepper (not too much)
-NO SALT (crackers make up for it)

start with a dry fillet, dip in your eggwash, cover in YOUR breading, and pan fry them in hot oil (i don't know what oil is healthiest, all you guys have me confused from a different topic).  Finally, sit down with a glass of milk and some homemade bread and watch the eagles pick the guts off the ice in front of the cabin.  That's the highlife

Offline Fish Farmer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Dec 26, 2004, 06:41 PM »
Spicy Perch Tacos

Clean perch so the fillets are boneless and skinless.

Ingredients:
1 lb fish fillets/nuggets
2 eggs
Tblsp lemon juice
1/2 cup corn starch
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1/4 tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp cilantro
several crushed cayenne peppers
dash black pepper
hot oil

Beat eggs and lemon juice in a bowl. Drench fish in egg mixture. Mix cornstarch, bread crumbs and spices in another bowl. Add fillets and mix to coat.

Add fillets to hot oil in a shallow pan, cook until golden brown, drain on paper towels.

Serve in flour tortillas with jack cheese, tomatos, lettuce, salsa and sour cream.

Serve with your favorite beer.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.