Author Topic: Fishing back pack  (Read 2364 times)

Offline rippinlips25

• Team IceShanty Regular
Fishing back pack
« on: Mar 02, 2019, 10:19 PM »
Anyone know of any fishing back packs that are big enough to hold your flasher in the top part and have tackle boxes in the bottom?

Offline meandcuznalfy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Fishing back pack
« Reply #1 on: Mar 02, 2019, 10:53 PM »
You might look at the striker ice bag, it's a bit spendy but might be what your looking for.

Offline RyanW

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Mar 03, 2019, 12:49 AM »
You could always use a pack basket.
“When the fish are biting, it really doesn’t matter what you’re using. When the fish aren’t biting, it really doesn’t matter what you’re using” - Uncle Dave

Offline Monticatgeek

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Mar 03, 2019, 05:50 AM »
this one here. it is specifically made for ice fishing. flasher goes in the top and there is 4 3600 size plano type storage boxes in the bottom. plus you have all the pockets for various stuff too.

http://stores.clamoutdoors.com/new-for-2018-2019/ultimate-ice-backpack.html
Fishing is not a hobby it is a way of life

Offline rippinlips25

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Mar 05, 2019, 11:25 PM »
Like the clam just wish the bottom part opened up from the front to put tackle boxes in it

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #5 on: Mar 06, 2019, 07:25 AM »
This is a very nice bag. I bought one for all my summer gear. It will hold your flasher on top and has room for 4 lure/jig boxes on the bottom. I put a small cooler on the top with drinks and food for the day.
And it is on sale.
https://www.cabelas.com/product/BPS-QUALIFIER-BACKPACK/2967741.uts?slotId=3
<===Lefty===

Offline rippinlips25

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Mar 06, 2019, 08:14 PM »
Lefty been looking hard at that one. Glad to know it holds a flasher I have an lx7 lithium for 25 bucks I'm going to give it a shot and buy it

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #7 on: Mar 07, 2019, 03:10 PM »
Just check the measurements, I am pretty sure it will hold your Flasher.
<===Lefty===

Offline ronco

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Mar 07, 2019, 03:30 PM »
Rippinlips, this is the pack that I use.https://www.kelty.com/redwing-50/
I can tie 4 ice rods putting the handles through the loops on the back and a piece of paracord on top. I put my Vexilar inside with plenty of room for tackle boxes, lunch, 4 jaw jackers, minnow bucket and has enough room for a limit of 20 perch with room left over. I used it last hunting season to pack out a deboned mule deer doe out in 1 trip, about 65 lbs of meat. I found mine on Craigslist locally for $70.
The secret to fishing.....fish where the fish are.

Offline Monticatgeek

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Mar 07, 2019, 09:58 PM »
Like the clam just wish the bottom part opened up from the front to put tackle boxes in it

yea the person that can up with this design decided to put the opening on the one side. another funny thing about the pack is that it was suppose to only have 3 of the tackle boxes but some how a mistake was made and they started to put the 4 boxes in it. I think it happened because the original three box design was going to be taller boxes but then they used the shorter 3600 series type boxes so they needed 4 to fill the space..
Fishing is not a hobby it is a way of life

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #10 on: Mar 08, 2019, 09:59 AM »
You could always use a pack basket.

I agree a pack basket is the way to go.  I've tried regular backpacks before and they sucked because the load would shift and would get holes in them pretty quick from sharp edges.  One other thing I like is the classic look of the pack basket.  I got mine from L.L. Bean with the liner and the only thing I've done to it is add a few coats of boiled linseed oil to preserve it.  The linseed oil doesn't make it all sticky and gives the wood a golden color which I think looks really cool. 

Offline Lsranger406

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Mar 08, 2019, 11:48 AM »

This is what I use. Its made by clc or classic leather craft. Super durable. Habe had it 2 or three seasons now. Use it all summer and winter. Holds everything I need including extra battery for radio/Auger. Holds 4 tackle box's. Has its own usb charging station built in. Has built in light for looking at tackle. Did have to modify my shuttle to fit but super easy to do with hack saw. This bag gets used every weekend amd have had zero issues. Love it amd glad I built it
America is all about speed hot,nasty,bad a** speed

Offline Big Sky

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Mar 08, 2019, 07:29 PM »
Baseball backpack may be an outside option.  They make a lot designs that have front entry and shelving to separate spikes from gloves etc. 

If you have a Dicks or high end sport shop, take a look. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.