Illinois > Ice Fishing Illinois

First fish of 2024

<< < (2/8) > >>

Finaddict59:
Hey used to live in Iroquois county north, don’t want to give anything away, you weren’t fishing at a series of 4 lakes by any chance, and would you know by chance is the slough up and running yet or is it still closed. Thanks

zcm_82:

--- Quote from: Finaddict59 on Jan 15, 2024, 06:33 PM ---Hey used to live in Iroquois county north, don’t want to give anything away, you weren’t fishing at a series of 4 lakes by any chance, and would you know by chance is the slough up and running yet or is it still closed. Thanks

--- End quote ---

Nope, just a little puddle.

The Slough is scheduled to re-open for fishing this spring, so I think it's still closed. I haven't been out there since the winter before they started drawing it down. It had gotten really, really full of algae the last few years before they drained it.

Finaddict59:
Thank you for the slough info,gonna be out that way, one less stop, spring time I’ll start bothering the ranger station, got some small lakes in Iroquois to check, and a couple of back water slough areas off the Kank, by Wednesday things should be tight thanks again.

zcm_82:

--- Quote from: Finaddict59 on Jan 15, 2024, 07:07 PM ---Thank you for the slough info,gonna be out that way, one less stop, spring time I’ll start bothering the ranger station, got some small lakes in Iroquois to check, and a couple of back water slough areas off the Kank, by Wednesday things should be tight thanks again.

--- End quote ---

I fish the Kank quite a bit from the boat, but mostly on the Indiana side the past few years. IL side has gotten silted in really badly, and the pleasure traffic is just too heavy for my liking downstream of AP.

I guess they are finally going to dredge out around the AP park ramp this year, though. I had been launching by the old RR bridge, but since they actually graveled that into a semi-legit ramp a couple years ago, there's just way too many people launching there for the little bit of parking space around it.

Finaddict59:
LMAO yeah it’s a zoo my son lives in aroma park, there’s still a few places off the beaten path, but your usually always sharing space sooner or later it is what it is. We lived there a couple years the launch was closed for silt the whole time we lived there.at one time you could wade to the island straight across from the launch, the powers that be always talk about fixing the silt problem thanks to Indiana doing their part, Kankakee county might finally do a proper dredge I’ll believe it when it’s done, and no sooner I fished that river from 97 to 2010 from Momence to Wilmington I’ve heard it all, tight lines stay safe! ✌️

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version