Author Topic: Snow dog  (Read 8701 times)

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
Re: Snow dog
« Reply #30 on: Jan 05, 2019, 09:46 PM »
so many legal experts in here  :roflmao:

Offline choo choo

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #31 on: Jan 05, 2019, 09:56 PM »
nice looking machine
My boots on some ice... A line down a hole...Some fish on the screen... And a flag in the air !......Winter is Good !!

Offline fullThrottle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #32 on: Jan 05, 2019, 10:16 PM »
so many legal experts in here  :roflmao:

You don’t need to be an expert, if it doesn’t have a registration or insurance in ny you can’t use it on the lakes because they see it as part of a trail system. Just like the guys with utvs . If an officer wants to be a prick they can ticket.

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #33 on: Jan 06, 2019, 04:33 AM »
really........ because you can ride a lawn tractor out on the ice ...........now lets not get this tread locked I love reading about these machines.......wonderi ng  about  attachments you can get for them

Offline joefish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #34 on: Jan 06, 2019, 06:09 AM »
really........ because you can ride a lawn tractor out on the ice ...........now lets not get this tread locked I love reading about these machines.......wonderi ng  about  attachments you can get for them

OK I will leave it alone &*(()(^%$b

Offline fullThrottle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #35 on: Jan 06, 2019, 08:20 AM »

Lol yeah call dec and ask if you can ride a lawn tractor on the ny trail system and see what they say

Offline fullThrottle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #36 on: Jan 06, 2019, 08:36 AM »
Trap if you want one let me know. I’m a Briggs and STRATTON dealer snow dog is part of the power distributor group so we can also sell them. I get paperwork on them all the time.

Offline wildlifer100

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #37 on: Jan 06, 2019, 03:12 PM »
You don’t need to be an expert, if it doesn’t have a registration or insurance in ny you can’t use it on the lakes because they see it as part of a trail system. Just like the guys with utvs . If an officer wants to be a prick they can ticket.

Your statement is incorrect.  a snowdog does not fall into a motorized vehicle. it is not a UTV or ATV therefore they can be used.  I spoke with Encon  they can be used for ice fishing on lakes until the state changes it regs they do not need to be registered.  They don't want snowdogs on main snowmobile trails because the snow dogs do not have taillights.  lakes are fine and trails to ice fishing locations.I recommend hooking a bike blinking light to be safe. 
by the Law a snowdog is not a motorized vehicle.  Thus snowdogs do not need to be registered. 

Offline fullThrottle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #38 on: Jan 06, 2019, 03:34 PM »
I honestly don’t care. But one officers opinion can differ from other. They can always give you a ticket and let the judge handle it. I’d rather not get myself into that situation or have a trip cut short. It’s the same thing with a utv . One officer might let it slide but not the other.

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #39 on: Jan 06, 2019, 07:33 PM »
i find them interesting like the very old Polaris snowmobiles were very similar

Offline Ice pirate 74

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #40 on: Jan 09, 2019, 09:13 AM »
We will see, if we get some ice

Offline metalbender

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #41 on: Jan 13, 2019, 06:50 PM »
Sweet  Carried mine on a similar rack. Failed to wash off the road salt after use, lots of rust on the machine.

Offline Hotlipsowilly

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #42 on: Jan 14, 2019, 08:02 AM »
Anyone have a fuel leak issue? Mine drips hard under the choke lever. Taking it back to the dealer today to have it looked at.

Offline Gamalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #43 on: Jan 24, 2019, 04:35 PM »
Some here in NY seem to think they know things they don't know. I ran my Snowdog here all last winter and right past ENCON officers doing license checks. Neither of them said a word about registration, insurance or any restrictions on the dog. Being it is NY it is probably safe to say there will eventually be some way they figure out how to get their pound of taxes out of us but as of right now there simply is no regulations on them on the ice. Up in the northern part where they do have designated snowmobile trails might be a bit different but the Snowdog is a perfect trail grooming machine and they do make an attachment for grooming with it. I can see some issues where you have snowmobiles flying by at 90 MPH and the dog is topped out around 20 MPH.
As far as running into a "Pr*$%, Encon officer who will make up his own rules and give you a ticket I very much doubt that unless you are being an idiot or argumentative with him. I have had nothing but very pleasant visits from the rangers and officers but my license is always current and in my possession while fishing and I don't ever break any of the regulations on size or limits. I never have met such a nasty LEO out fishing but have seen a couple do their jobs and issue tickets to guys who deserved them. I absolutely love my Snowdog because it does what I can no longer do and it takes up a small space in my shed 2' X 5' during the off season. It is not a vehicle and it is a tow motor and will pull a massive load. My picture is on the Snowdog web page showing me with my dog and pulling 3 shanties and 2 sleds filled with gear. I would have had another heart attack just pulling my own shanty and gear. If you don't like a Snowdog then I have just one suggestion, Don't buy one. Why some here want to slam those of us who have Snowdogs is beyond my comprehension but some guys like Fords and others like Chevys and some like ATVs, UTVs and snowmobiles and that's OK by me. If I bought a 4 legged Mule to pull my gear out on the ice would it be legal or would someone complain about animal cruelty or go postal when the Mule took a dump?

Gam
If I agreed with you we would both be wrong!

Offline wildlifer100

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #44 on: Jan 30, 2019, 07:43 PM »
I spoke with the Region 4 encon officers.  Snow dogs are not an issue.  Snow dogs Away!!!!!!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.