Author Topic: HELP WITH GULL LAKE WHITEFISH  (Read 2099 times)

wazzy

HELP WITH GULL LAKE WHITEFISH
« on: Jan 02, 2005, 10:03 PM »
HAVE BEEN OUT TO GULL LAKE THREE TIMES THIS ICE SEASON AND HAVENT HAD THE GREATEST OF LUCK. HAVE TRIED ALL OVER THE SOUTHEAST CORNER AT BROWNLOWS LANDING AT VARIOUS DEPTHS FROM 4 FOOT TO 12 FOOT DEEP. HAVE ALSO TRIED BETWEEN SUNNYSIDE AND BIRCH BAY AT THE SAME DEPTHS.
HAVENT BEEN ABLE TO FIND THEM. THE ONLY LUCK I'VE HAD IS TWO BURBOTS, ONE WHITEFISH AND ONE PERCH.
DOES ANY BODY HAVE ANY TIPS ON WHERE THEY ARE?
AND WHAT ABOUT DEPTHS?
WHAT ABOUT CONTOURS? I'VE ALSO TRIED ALONG WEED EDGES, FLATS, IN WEED NESTS, AND RUNWAYS.
WHAT ABOUT TIMES OF DAY? AND HAVE TRIED FROM PRE DAWN TO ABOUT 3PM AT THE LATEST. LAST YEAR WE FOUND THE BEST TIME TO BE FROM SUNUP TO 10 AM. WHAT ABOUT FAVORITE LURE AND SIZE? I LIKE A #6 WIRE WORM CHARTRUESE COLOR.
ANY INPUT WOULD BE HELPFUL.

Offline Nuke Ab

• IceShanty Rookie
  • If they're there,....... we'll get'm up!!
Re: HELP WITH GULL LAKE WHITEFISH
« Reply #1 on: Jan 02, 2005, 10:35 PM »
Patience my friend, patience. The fish will come. I don't head to gull until all of the other lakes in the south close ( mar 15th ish ) Then I head to gull as it's open until the end of march. It usually takes me longer to drive up there and back ( Calgary ) that it does for limits. Try wire worms Yellow and orange work best I find, but greens and brass/ gold have also produced for me in the past. You must cock the worm 90Deg from the main line. Why? I don't know but trust me that's how they like it. If you're not in a shack you're pretty much wasting you're time, as the fish up there insist that you watch for hours before they'll grace you will their presence. I like sandy flats over mixed/ sparse weeds. So do the fish. I tend to stay away from the mobs and It does work for me and my pals. Theres alot of traffic up there and guys will pick your pocket but that's life. Good luck and keep me posted with your successes!

Chad
Tight lines!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.