Author Topic: like your glide lite?  (Read 1093 times)

Offline SPADED

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Watch my rod while i pee...
like your glide lite?
« on: Nov 26, 2012, 10:08 PM »
does any one have one of these glide lites? everyone like them or not so much? i want one for early and late ice run n gun but 80 buck seems darn steep to me and i drive a suv trail blazer so it fits the bill for size

http://www.cabelas.com/shelters-sleds-strike-master-ice-augers-glide-lite-sled-1.shtml

Offline barn1

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: like your glide lite?
« Reply #1 on: Nov 28, 2012, 04:34 AM »
I love mine for quick trips or when I have a long walk. Pulls extremely easily.

Offline SPADED

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Dec 01, 2012, 10:37 PM »
think of any cool mods for it?

Offline SPADED

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Dec 02, 2012, 07:13 PM »
thx osiris.. i swear i completely forgot about the search feature... sure is a useful little bugger isnt it?

Offline snowman6902

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Dec 05, 2012, 03:02 PM »
Keep your eyes open. I picked mine up from Cabela's end of last season for around 50bucks. They were having a wicked sale on them.

Offline SPADED

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Dec 06, 2012, 11:28 PM »
yeah i think im going to grab the first one i see.. my fleet farm doesnt have them and im about an hour from a cabelas.. BUT i am not about to pay shipping on one on top of the over priced plastic. i want to rig it up as the ultimate run n gun sled.

but i also seen a thread on here where a guy made an amazing center console for his flip over with cardboard and then fiberglassed the whole thing and carpeted it..it looked better than store bought and im sure it was hella durable and no weight like wood.

i am tossing the idea around that i could make one myself using a 1.5x1.5 wood frame and fiberglass the whole thing with cardboard and a milkcrate or two but with no garage i would have to do all the nasty fiberglass work out in the cold..

sorry for the rambling...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.