Author Topic: Robbed  (Read 2302 times)

Offline fishermanjake

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • Way to go honey!!!
Robbed
« on: Dec 08, 2005, 01:13 PM »
some guy broke into my shanty the other day and hoisted my lame power auger (sucker)  he didn't take any other gear though...but he busted my lock off...jerk!!!... so if you guys see a eskemo pirrana 8" auger with a broken make shift throttle its hot... i'd still like to get it back and beat the snot out of the guy who broke in my shack >:(  ;D. or at least have him prosecuted to the full extent of the law 8)... anyhow i caught a 10 pound burbot last night so i was in good spirits at the end of the trip.  also this guy put his set lines right next to my shack like 3' away and left them for over 2 weeks now...so since i'm kinda ticked i'll be getting ahold of fish and game.  Some people down there don't have alot of consideration for others, its a good thing we have this site that we can watch out for each other ;)

Offline Grizzly1

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Robbed
« Reply #1 on: Dec 08, 2005, 01:42 PM »
It would chap my rear too-what a scum bum!

What area of AK are you in?  I'm new to this forum and have no idea where you are-if your in the Anch/Mat-Su area I'll keep an open eye for your auger.  Hope the turd gets his someday!

-Grizz

Offline fishermanjake

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • Way to go honey!!!
« Reply #2 on: Dec 08, 2005, 03:11 PM »
i'm up in fairbanks...and i am fishing close to town

Offline Barleydog

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • MMMM Fish!
« Reply #3 on: Dec 08, 2005, 10:59 PM »
Sorry again Jake!
Maybe KPAlaska, FarmerGrant, Redneck, Broomball, and our other folks in the area will run across it?  Stranger things have happened.  I would doubt it's a fisherman.  Probably some little P.O.S. that has little conscience or proper upbringing.
Can't believe someone put sets right next to your shack!  Did they mark the sets?  Give em' a call!
TEAM ALASKA

Offline KGrant

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 11, 2005, 02:46 PM »
I'll keep an eye out.  Check the pawn shops too.

Offline icy mike

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Nope!
« Reply #5 on: Dec 11, 2005, 05:43 PM »
at least your fishin' jake.  I haven't been out for a month.  Between being sick, school functions with the kids, fire department meetings/calls, and projects around the house- time has been a scarce commodity.  Now the weather has been so warm the past week that the lakes are covered with overflow and slush.  I know... that's not an excuse to not fish.  Hopefully next weekend.  Sorry to hear about your auger there Jake.  We have been having the same problem in our subdivision here in Mat-Su.  Over the past week there have been at least 4 break-ins during the day between 5-7pm.  These guys just kick in the front doors, take what they can, do a little vandalism and leave.  My wife is a bit shaken up.  I think I'll start calling her before I leave for work so she knows it's me at the door and I can save myself a whoopin'!

Icy Mike

Offline KP_Alaska

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • George Lake February '09
« Reply #6 on: Dec 12, 2005, 12:01 AM »
Fishermanjake,

Sorry to hear you got hit, s.o.b's broke into my cabin a couple of years ago, stole my trolling motor and had the auger in the kitchen ready to go. something must have scared them off. i've got a mound of rocks in the side yard now with a sign that says "here lies the last sum beach that broke in". must be a common problem with that eskimo model, i've had a steel leader for a throttle cable for years. i'll be watching for yours.

KP

Offline groundsluice_pete

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I live for hard water fishing.
« Reply #7 on: Dec 12, 2005, 09:34 PM »
I had the same problem with my Eskimo also. I ended up using a piece of angle aluminum which I bolted to the factory bracket, drilled a hole in it, then installed a manuel choke cable/knob. Works pretty good with gloves, not too great with fat mittens.
See you up the trail.

Offline KP_Alaska

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • George Lake February '09
« Reply #8 on: Dec 14, 2005, 01:05 AM »
Found this on the Troopers website, wondering if its the same guys next to Jake's shack.

Case number:  05-101283
Type: Sport fishing violation
Text: Andrew D. Hickman, 22, and Brandon K. Anderson, 24, of Fairbanks
were cited on 12-12-05 by Alaska Bureau of Wildlife Enforcement Troopers
for Failing to Check Sport Fish Burbot set lines each 24 hour period. 
The men are alleged to have left burbot set lines in the ice on the
Tanana River on 12-8-05 for five or more days without being checked. 
Regulations require that the lines be checked at least once each 24 hour
period.  Arraignment is scheduled in Fairbanks District Court for 12-20-05.

Offline fishermanjake

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • Way to go honey!!!
« Reply #9 on: Dec 14, 2005, 02:44 PM »
that was them right next to my shack...maybe next time they'll be more considerate

Offline 4cator

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Will ya look at that pig!!
« Reply #10 on: Dec 14, 2005, 10:23 PM »
that sux, i hope you find him and them kill him :tipup:
All tyranny needs to succeed, is for men of good conscience to remain silent.    Thomas Jefferson.

Offline icefshninnh

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Nov 20, 2006, 10:26 PM »
guys im from new hampshire  and feel your loss i was just looking at posts and thought wow if it only happened to them do they realize what it is to sork and buy stuff but they wont see this post unless its on a stolen computer probaly hope you all in alaska have a great season and any tips on favorite cusk / burbot jigs that might work here in nh are fish are not as big but still hungry and fun to catch icefshninnh@comcast .net feel free to e mail  or post any replies

Offline Doc Stubbs

• IceShanty Rookie
  • "didnt hurt" ok it really did
« Reply #12 on: Nov 21, 2006, 05:02 PM »
Let me know if you find him, I'll revive him so you can beat him again!!!!

Offline killandgrill

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Nov 21, 2006, 06:53 PM »
Amen to that!

Offline carvels

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Nov 23, 2006, 12:15 PM »
some guy broke into my shanty the other day and hoisted my lame power auger (sucker)  he didn't take any other gear though...but he busted my lock off...jerk!!!... so if you guys see a eskemo pirrana 8" auger with a broken make shift throttle its hot... i'd still like to get it back and beat the snot out of the guy who broke in my shack >:(  ;D. or at least have him prosecuted to the full extent of the law 8)... anyhow i caught a 10 pound burbot last night so i was in good spirits at the end of the trip.  also this guy put his set lines right next to my shack like 3' away and left them for over 2 weeks now...so since i'm kinda ticked i'll be getting ahold of fish and game.  Some people down there don't have alot of consideration for others, its a good thing we have this site that we can watch out for each other ;)

What a shame on the break in...too bad that the idiouts out there have access to the great outdoors too like they do in town.  Keep it in perspective, one day he or she will get theirs. If you need to borrow a powered auger for a trip shoot me an email - [email protected] (I live in the Palmer Trunk Rd. area), keep the flags poppin.

Offline FrankAk

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Nov 24, 2006, 06:19 PM »
Yes it would make me quite angry as well. I would check his sets to see if he cought any burbot just so he doesent worry about them.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.