Author Topic: Reversal coming on the 27th  (Read 2482 times)

Offline Weatherfinatic

• IceShanty Rookie
Reversal coming on the 27th
« on: Jan 18, 2017, 08:14 AM »

Sharply negative heights at 500mb for the month of February means WELL below normal temps starting around the 27th from the central plains east. A February and March to remember is on its way!
Tony

Offline Jig4M

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Reversal coming on the 27th
« Reply #1 on: Jan 18, 2017, 01:50 PM »
I hope you're right!
:icefish:

Offline quailman2

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 18, 2017, 05:13 PM »
Don't count on it

Offline Fishndude75

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 19, 2017, 08:15 AM »
I think the fat lady is singing!!! Guess I will be in a tree instead of out on the ice for the rest of the season.....
I live life one fish at a time!

Offline jackperch

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 19, 2017, 10:05 AM »

We are in deep doo-doo, my fellow NJ ice fishing brethren.  New study says NE U.S. warming faster than many other parts of globe:
https://www.theguardian.com/environment/climate-consensus-97-per-cent/2017/jan/17/parts-of-united-states-are-heating-faster-than-globe-as-a-whole

What to do?  Sell the auger?  Hope that next year is better?  Move to Nunavut?  Or maybe we should fight for policies that might help reduce climate change so our grand kids will enjoy a tripped flag or jigging a pile of perch...

Offline Ice Scratcher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jan 19, 2017, 10:21 AM »
Seems like the greener we get, the worse it gets...

I'm taking my catalytic converter off and running a straight pipe!!

Burn your garbage, forget about recycling!

<°)))>{

Offline Fishndude75

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 19, 2017, 11:34 AM »
We are in deep doo-doo, my fellow NJ ice fishing brethren.  New study says NE U.S. warming faster than many other parts of globe:
https://www.theguardian.com/environment/climate-consensus-97-per-cent/2017/jan/17/parts-of-united-states-are-heating-faster-than-globe-as-a-whole

What to do?  Sell the auger?  Hope that next year is better?  Move to Nunavut?  Or maybe we should fight for policies that might help reduce climate change so our grand kids will enjoy a tripped flag or jigging a pile of perch...

You must be upset and think the world is going to end at 12:01pm tomorrow Huh?? Lol
I live life one fish at a time!

Offline jackperch

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 19, 2017, 11:56 AM »
Strange reply.  I thought we all like ice fishing.  Plenty of ice on Budd Lake right now?  I wish climate change wasn't real, but my eyes and dusty gear tell me otherwise. Sorry -- wish it wasn't true...

Offline Forest

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Jan 19, 2017, 04:00 PM »
Strange reply.  I thought we all like ice fishing.

We all do like icefishing, hence the reason we are on IceShanty!
But we do not all believe in global warming. Notice I did not say climate change. I don't know anyone who will deny that the climate changes.
I do not believe that a single trace gas can cause the entire atmosphere to change, seems to simple, especially since the emission rate and the temperature change do not exactly agree. (the earth has not gotten exponentially warmer as the emissions increase exponentially)
Sure it might be warming here, or even be warming globally, but this does not mean it was caused by us. I have yet to see any evidence that the earth is not naturally warming. I am not saying its not possible, I am just saying don't drink the cool-aid to quick.
To base your opinion on your dust auger and local weather reports is a little skewed, no?

I love it. Whenever we get warm weather all the alarmists come out on the forum... Global Warming!!!
Then it gets cold and the heathens come out... THEY WERE WRONG!!!
We can all just accept the fact that theres no point in bringing it up on this site.
Nothing wrong with long range weather reports but the comments that follow are pretty annoying.

Offline Weatherfinatic

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Jan 19, 2017, 05:43 PM »
The Atlantic is in the waining stages of its 30 year warm cycle. When the cycle ends in the next few years it will be dramatically colder. The pacific is already in its cold cycle so when these are both in sync we will be having winters like you used to remember when you were a kid. Summers will be cooler as well. The eastern Atlantic has already cooled dramatically thats why it has been so cold in europe and asia.
Have you seen the canals in Venice frozen over? It happened this week!

Snow is Israel and Africa THIS WEEK!

Its a load of garbage and nothing but politics that the earth is warming. The have only been taking temps for this study since the 50's. Last i checked the earth is millions of years old. Also the stations where the thermometers are and now surrounded by cities causing heat islands so the temps recorded now are not accurate AND not reasonable to compare with the temps they recorded in the 50`s on.....
Tony

Offline jackperch

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Jan 19, 2017, 05:56 PM »
Unfreakingbelievable!

Offline Jig4M

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Jan 20, 2017, 04:19 AM »
What policies should we fight for?

Offline Weatherfinatic

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Jan 20, 2017, 07:53 AM »
That there is NO human induced global warming and that it is the normal cycles pf the earth therefore the governments around the world DO NOT have to tax every human on the planet to solve something they will NEVER solve......
Tony

Offline jackperch

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Jan 20, 2017, 08:55 AM »
That there is NO human induced global warming and that it is the normal cycles pf the earth therefore the governments around the world DO NOT have to tax every human on the planet to solve something they will NEVER solve......

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHA!!! 

Sad, pathetic, scary, ignorant, DONE.  See you on the ice (but probably not)...

JP

Offline Weatherfinatic

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Jan 20, 2017, 09:04 AM »
Funny i could say the same for your post. It is sad when governments would use such a scare tactic when they could just say this is the only planet we have and we must take care of it. The reality is people wouldn't stand for all the taxing if they just said that . I`ve been in meteorology and studying it for 25 years, you?? Drink any kool-aid lately?? One question, Was it caveman induced global warming when the last ice age ended? Enough said!
Tony

Offline Jig4M

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #15 on: Jan 20, 2017, 11:05 AM »
For the sake of this discussion, I'd still like to know what policies we should be fighting for?

Offline ceoutdoors

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #16 on: Jan 20, 2017, 03:31 PM »
I enjoy the long term forecast posts and in general agreement that global warming is much over stated phenom based on the history of this planet.  We may be accelerating the timeframe for the climate/temp swings but I'm not going any further with prolonging that end of this slightly off topic conversation.  The only issue I have is that the Venice photo is from 2012, not necessarily last week.  I can't say it didn't recently freeze, just that that photo is not recent (to the best of my knowledge).  Peace , and looking forward to hard water in February :)
If it swims, I'll try to catch it

Offline Weatherfinatic

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Jan 20, 2017, 04:11 PM »
The frozen canals in Venice did happen this week! I know its really hard to find as the media tries to cover it up but heres some video i found on youtube.

Tony

Offline ShawnM

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Captain of Team Mercer
« Reply #18 on: Jan 31, 2017, 08:41 PM »
Well I guess this cold weather is not going to happen. Another bad winter and bad NJ ice fishing season this suck's!!!!!

25°
Snow early on this evening
Hist. Avg.
36°/17°
WED 2/1

40° /23°
Periods of sun with flurries
Hist. Avg.
36°/18°
THU 2/2

35° /15°
Partly sunny and breezy