Author Topic: January Blowtorch coming  (Read 2316 times)

Offline Weatherfinatic

• IceShanty Rookie
January Blowtorch coming
« on: Jan 09, 2017, 10:06 PM »

Warm weather to arrive through the 20th, however models are in agreement that cold weather will settle in to the east for the end of January, February and into March.... Lets hope their right!
Tony

Offline gillripper

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: January Blowtorch coming
« Reply #1 on: Jan 10, 2017, 07:43 PM »
Can't get climate change out of my head.  When I was a kid we had ice in early December every year.  Now it seems it doesn't develop until mid to late January.

Offline Weatherfinatic

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 11, 2017, 08:14 AM »
No such thing as climate change. Just the natural cycles of the earth. The Atlantic ocean is finishing up on a 30 year warm cycle so when that flips to a cold cycle like the pacific is currently in you can expect winters of the past and cool summers. Good ice fishing years to come probably for the rest of our ice fishing years depending on how old you are...
Tony

Offline Kierran

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • theCTyankee.com
« Reply #3 on: Jan 11, 2017, 09:35 AM »
No such thing as climate change.

Can I take a hit of what you're smoking?

Offline Weatherfinatic

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 11, 2017, 10:41 AM »
Keep drinking the global warming coolaid! Have you seen whats going on in Europe? Recored cold -75 in Russia, UK, Spain, Italy buried in snow. Record cold and snow in the middle east. The media is not reporting that because they dont want you to know that. We`ll see what people are saying this spring when winter holds out into April....
Tony

Offline Weatherfinatic

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 11, 2017, 10:43 AM »
Let me ask you something. Were the cave men farting and making too many campfires to end the ice age? They would have had to have been if theres human induced global warming like the fear mongers say there is. What a scam!
Tony

Offline saxmatt

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Jan 11, 2017, 11:17 AM »
Hmm...record cold in one part of the world, and here it's over 50 degrees in the middle of January. Sounds like climate change to me.

Offline Weatherfinatic

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 11, 2017, 12:57 PM »
No actually its the bathtub slosh theory.. All the cold, in severe fashion, is on one side of the northern hemisphere as apposed to spread out all over the northern hemisphere and just generally cold. In time it sloshes back over the pole and settles in on the opposite side of the hemisphere from were it started from. Thats when we will have all the cold weather from late Jan through early April.
Tony

Offline Weatherfinatic

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Jan 11, 2017, 12:59 PM »
Also, have you ever heard of the January thaw?? Its been going on since the beginning of time and actually the American Indians coined the term in their own language.
Tony

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Jan 11, 2017, 01:14 PM »
didn't the biggest ice shelf in the world just break in half a couple years ago        first time in history

Offline Weatherfinatic

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Jan 11, 2017, 01:23 PM »
Yes but what you didn't`t hear is that the south pole ice sheet is at record levels and in fact shipping has been shut down many times through the passage between the antarctic and the southern tip of Africa...
Tony

Offline jigger man

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Jan 11, 2017, 02:13 PM »
AND  back to fishing  :clap: :clap: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish:

Offline Forest

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Jan 11, 2017, 04:55 PM »
I sense the red button on this thread.

Offline delawareriver

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #13 on: Jan 14, 2017, 09:15 PM »
Can't get climate change out of my head.  When I was a kid we had ice in early December every year.  Now it seems it doesn't develop until mid to late January.
it's always easy to remember what is freshest in your mind, sure this year and last year has been abnormal but the two years before that were abnormally cold. For instance Ivery heard round valley has only froze enough to ice fishing 4 times in the last 35 years and twice has been in the last 4 years.

Offline gillripper

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Jan 17, 2017, 02:39 PM »
Keep drinking the global warming coolaid! Have you seen whats going on in Europe? Recored cold -75 in Russia, UK, Spain, Italy buried in snow. Record cold and snow in the middle east. The media is not reporting that because they dont want you to know that. We`ll see what people are saying this spring when winter holds out into April....

I hope you are right

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.