Author Topic: Lake Erie  (Read 1132 times)

Offline Outlaw46341

• Team IceShanty Regular
Lake Erie
« on: Jan 28, 2014, 05:27 AM »
I have always wanted to ice fish Erie. Does anyone have a good charter around the port Clinton area that they know of or use? Possibly thinking of going next weekend if I can get the charter booked all input is greatly appreciated.
I HUNT I FISH I EAT

Offline imob34

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Lake Erie
« Reply #1 on: Jan 28, 2014, 06:03 AM »
i recommend Mike Patterson (Mike's Sport Fishing) but hes probably booked up next weekend

Offline Outlaw46341

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 28, 2014, 06:53 AM »
I will check it out, does anyone know anybody that has been up there this year? How did they do?
I HUNT I FISH I EAT

Offline bret

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • approaching "Grumpy Old Man" age
« Reply #3 on: Jan 28, 2014, 07:47 AM »
check out the Ohio board....
Never Judge A Day By The Weather.
YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCloEWXfcjMRYo9J6qOLtggQ

Offline Jawbreaker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 28, 2014, 08:44 AM »
John Gillespie was just there with mike Patterson actually. 31" 12'2oz walleye. They were catching lots of 4-6 pounders. You can probably find the show online. It looks tremendous. But the ice is definitely dangerous and ever changing on big water so you definitely need a guide until you learn it. The fishing looks awesome!! If you get to go let us know how you did. It's on my bucket list for sure!

Offline northrn-duck-assassin

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jan 28, 2014, 10:04 AM »
check out the Ohio board....

there are also a few other threads on our side that have tons of valuable info given already, many 'regulars' are getting ready to make the venture and are chattering plenty. but yes, check the ohio board, everyone 'has a guy' over there
Got one goin'!

Offline socerplyr27

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 29, 2014, 05:44 PM »
I have iced fish Lake Erie twice with Capt Bud's charters.  It was fun but the only downside is that you do not move even if the fish bite is dead.  My buddies and I are chartering with Capt. Mike in a couple of weeks.  I'll definitely post pics. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.