The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: whos going to be at the gorge this weekend?  (Read 40068 times)

Offline spudbar

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: whos going to be at the gorge this weekend?
« Reply #30 on: Jan 23, 2008, 06:23 PM »
I got one today that tipped the scales at 28 pounds another aroud 15 or so and a lot of small ones
Congrats there Mr.mack, sounds like one heck of a fish, hopefully we get to see the pictures. Nice job.

Offline mr.mack

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Jan 23, 2008, 09:54 PM »
I didnt put a tape to them but i would say around 38 inchs or so real fat fish going to try it in the morning again should be good with a low presure comming in tonight with the storm for fri full moon hey it dont get no better than that for macks (just my opinion though ) still havent figured out this camera thing then again i havent screwed with it   good luck all reply tomorrow night unless i fall through
<

Offline WYIfish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice fishing a sport, or just reason to buy stuff?
« Reply #32 on: Jan 23, 2008, 11:01 PM »
I didnt put a tape to them but i would say around 38 inchs or so real fat fish going to try it in the morning again should be good with a low presure comming in tonight with the storm for fri full moon hey it dont get no better than that for macks (just my opinion though )

I fished the edge this afternoon, caught small rainbows, there were 3-4 people in the hot spot today, I didn't see anyone with any fish.
Thread killer

Offline POk3s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gettin' JGGY with it!
« Reply #33 on: Jan 23, 2008, 11:49 PM »
typical....lol.
Trent Williams
When hell freezes over, I’ll ice fish there too!

Offline BottomDweller

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Team Wyoming
« Reply #34 on: Jan 24, 2008, 11:23 AM »
28 lbs will do...  can't wait to see them pictures, mr mack

Offline minnowguy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #35 on: Jan 24, 2008, 03:27 PM »
Going to skip the Boysen turnament this weekend and go to the gorge. If ya see any white dodges with 20 county plates come over and say hi.

Offline moski

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #36 on: Jan 24, 2008, 03:30 PM »
Going to skip the Boysen turnament this weekend and go to the gorge. If ya see any white dodges with 20 county plates come over and say hi.
where you going to be?

Offline POk3s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gettin' JGGY with it!
« Reply #37 on: Jan 24, 2008, 04:51 PM »
where you going to be?

please tell and I will stop by if I see you.
Trent Williams

Offline moski

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #38 on: Jan 24, 2008, 10:03 PM »
im sure sat i'll be at anvil! i drive a white and gray powerstroke! :flex:

Offline minnowguy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #39 on: Jan 25, 2008, 02:49 AM »
I think we will be at the anvil also have to check with my brother inlaw. Its been about 4 years since I was there last.

Offline minnowguy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #40 on: Jan 25, 2008, 03:41 PM »
trip canceled maybe next days off :'( :'(

Offline moski

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #41 on: Jan 25, 2008, 04:16 PM »
trip canceled maybe next days off :'( :'(
oh that sucks! lets us know when your headin this way!

Offline ice_nut

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #42 on: Jan 26, 2008, 05:32 PM »
Caught 20 macks today, but nothing over 24". My Vexilar pucked, so I had to quit...I hate fishing blind.... :'(

Offline moski

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #43 on: Jan 26, 2008, 09:22 PM »
Caught 20 macks today, but nothing over 24". My Vexilar pucked, so I had to quit...I hate fishing blind.... :'(
i had a good day too! my wife and i caught 25 macks and lost as many or more than we landed! but i got to say she schooled me catching 15 of the 25! this is her second time out so she had a ball!

Offline trfishin

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish On
« Reply #44 on: Jan 26, 2008, 09:28 PM »
 :) great to hear that you guys got into the macks.  Any size the the macks.   also did you guys catch any ling.   Just wondering how the ling fishin has been this week. 
Love to Fish and make Soft Plastic baits<br /><br />Just doesnt get any better than catching fish off your own panfish/ trout baits   from tubes, curly tails, and small baits catching fish of any species

Offline BottomDweller

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Team Wyoming
« Reply #45 on: Jan 26, 2008, 09:53 PM »
rumor has it that a utah man just caught a 43 lber yesterday at un unknown location; heard this from the taxidermist who he's bring it to to get it mounted.

Offline moski

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #46 on: Jan 26, 2008, 09:59 PM »
:) great to hear that you guys got into the macks.  Any size the the macks.   also did you guys catch any ling.   Just wondering how the ling fishin has been this week. 
3 to 4  lbs. macks but we we're pretty deep for ling, i really haven't heard about the ling i've been tryin for the macks the last few weeks!

Offline moski

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #47 on: Jan 26, 2008, 10:02 PM »
rumor has it that a utah man just caught a 43 lber yesterday at un unknown location; heard this from the taxidermist who he's bring it to to get it mounted.
wow! thats a fish!

Offline Hellsangler

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #48 on: Jan 26, 2008, 10:38 PM »
I know some guys fishing out on the Gorge this weekend , but they would never do a skin mount . I'll be there next weekend for sure . I just want to get a 10#er or better . :thumbsup:
Utah Ice

Offline trfishin

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish On
« Reply #49 on: Jan 27, 2008, 09:19 AM »
that's a huge fish sure would like to see some pictures and measurements to.   I can't wait for next weekend to try to get on the ice again. 
Love to Fish and make Soft Plastic baits<br /><br />Just doesnt get any better than catching fish off your own panfish/ trout baits   from tubes, curly tails, and small baits catching fish of any species

Offline POk3s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gettin' JGGY with it!
« Reply #50 on: Jan 27, 2008, 10:43 PM »

WOW! Hope I get a chance to ever SEE a fish that big

Went out today and the fishing was S L O W. Had a basketball game in Star Valley yesterday and I didn't get home until about 2 so I didn't get up early with my dad. Got up at about 11 (ya i'm a teenager) and then headed out. Right when I got out there everyone was headed in from the deep water, so we decided to go for rainbows. My dad caught 2 3-4 pound macks.

Anyway, started fishin at about 12 and caught a 16" right after getting the first pole down the hole. Then missed a fish, then caught an 18" at about 2:30 when my dad decided to leave. I drove there later, remember, so I didn't leave when he did. Had another one up to the hole, I'll say about a 20", before he spit the jig, dunked my hand in but never could get a handle on him before he got away. SUCKED! had another hit but that was it.
Trent Williams

Offline moski

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #51 on: Jan 27, 2008, 11:04 PM »
WOW! Hope I get a chance to ever SEE a fish that big

Went out today and the fishing was S L O W. Had a basketball game in Star Valley yesterday and I didn't get home until about 2 so I didn't get up early with my dad. Got up at about 11 (ya i'm a teenager) and then headed out. Right when I got out there everyone was headed in from the deep water, so we decided to go for rainbows. My dad caught 2 3-4 pound macks.

Anyway, started fishin at about 12 and caught a 16" right after getting the first pole down the hole. Then missed a fish, then caught an 18" at about 2:30 when my dad decided to leave. I drove there later, remember, so I didn't leave when he did. Had another one up to the hole, I'll say about a 20", before he spit the jig, dunked my hand in but never could get a handle on him before he got away. SUCKED! had another hit but that was it.
well not bad for half a day! ;D

Offline mr.mack

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #52 on: Jan 28, 2008, 09:32 PM »
i just got a phone pic of that guys fish i dont know how to post it if any body knows how i will send it to you just let me know its 45 inchs long and 43 pounds its a pig
<

Offline Hellsangler

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #53 on: Jan 28, 2008, 10:19 PM »
i just got a phone pic of that guys fish i dont know how to post it if any body knows how i will send it to you just let me know its 45 inchs long and 43 pounds its a pig
I just sent you a PM . Look for it at the top right of page . I'd be glad to post it for you .
Utah Ice

Offline fishley

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #54 on: Jan 28, 2008, 10:41 PM »

got the same pic guess thay got it fri talked to some guy from rock springs that allmost sat in my hole with me sat in swim man it pissed me off said he fished there the day before good for him he didnt have to sit 10ft away sending all his interferance my way fish got spoky fast after the jig jerkers showed up only landed a few and nothing over 25lbs oh well guess its ok to get as close as you want specaily if yo was there the day before so i get my same hole this sat seein as i had it last its all mine lol

Offline minnowguy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #55 on: Jan 28, 2008, 10:43 PM »
hows the ice holding is it getting thicker? If the weather is ok on my next days off I will going over again.

Offline mr.mack

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #56 on: Jan 28, 2008, 10:46 PM »
At anvil sunday it was 12 solid inches good ice but a lot of presure ridges
<

Offline moski

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #57 on: Jan 29, 2008, 12:55 AM »
those pressure ridges are somethin! when i was out there a few days a go you could feel the ice movin! the pucker factor was borderline 11!

Offline BottomDweller

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Team Wyoming
« Reply #58 on: Jan 29, 2008, 07:22 AM »
where's the picture of the 43 lber, boys? 

Offline POk3s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gettin' JGGY with it!
« Reply #59 on: Jan 29, 2008, 09:30 PM »
got the same pic guess thay got it fri talked to some guy from rock springs that allmost sat in my hole with me sat in swim man it **censored** me off said he fished there the day before good for him he didnt have to sit 10ft away sending all his interferance my way fish got spoky fast after the jig jerkers showed up only landed a few and nothing over 25lbs oh well guess its ok to get as close as you want specaily if yo was there the day before so i get my same hole this sat seein as i had it last its all mine lol

lol     had a guy do that to me and my dad last year and started pulling fish (rainbows) out left and right....of course.
Trent Williams

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.