The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: whos going to be at the gorge this weekend?  (Read 40070 times)

Offline moski

• Team IceShanty Regular
whos going to be at the gorge this weekend?
« on: Jan 17, 2008, 07:58 PM »
who's all going to join me out at the gorge this weekend? :icefish: :icefish:

Offline wyohunter

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Regular
Re: whos going to be at the gorge this weekend?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 17, 2008, 08:11 PM »
Right now I am planning on being at buckboard Monday and Tuesday.

Offline icemonster

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 17, 2008, 08:28 PM »
Sounds like a hoot.

It's supposed to be -15 below in Riverton Sun night. BRRRRRR

Offline WYIfish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice fishing a sport, or just reason to buy stuff?
« Reply #3 on: Jan 18, 2008, 08:08 PM »
who's all going to join me out at the gorge this weekend? :icefish: :icefish:
I shall be below Currant Creek but not on the "dark side" Luke...as well, no wookies allowed!
Best luck,
WYIfish
Thread killer

Offline moski

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 18, 2008, 09:56 PM »

my wife and i at north buckboard today!

Offline Hellsangler

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 18, 2008, 10:22 PM »
I think I have seen those rocks before . Nice pics moski  .
Utah Ice

Offline moski

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 18, 2008, 10:37 PM »
I think I have seen those rocks before . Nice pics moski  .
its the same spot from your pics! ;) good hole huh! :D

Offline WYIfish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Jan 19, 2008, 12:10 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)
my wife and i at north buckboard today!

Yer flies open, must have been not as cold as yesterday.
Thread killer

Offline moski

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 19, 2008, 12:53 AM »

Yer flies open, must have been not as cold as yesterday.

well my wife.......nevermind! :nono:

Offline snowpele

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Jan 19, 2008, 01:01 AM »
are you guys talkin about the gorge, WA below the outdoor amphitheater??  may be a dumb question but im not from around there, but i've seen a few concerts at "the gorge" in the summer!! time of my life for sure!!!

nice pics by the way!!
Remember, life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "WOW!!! WHAT A RIDE!"

Offline Bigred1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Jan 19, 2008, 08:42 AM »
Nope, no concerts here (unless you think a bunch of drunks howling is music).  The Flaming Gorge reservoir is in south west Wyoming.

Offline snowpele

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Jan 19, 2008, 11:19 AM »
haha!! thanks for the reply, i saw the gorge post on the main page, realized it was in Wyoming only after i had posted....anyways good luck, looks like a cool place for fishin!!
Remember, life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "WOW!!! WHAT A RIDE!"

Offline POk3s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gettin' JGGY with it!
« Reply #12 on: Jan 19, 2008, 09:22 PM »
Going tomorrow! Will be by Jap Island. Will have a blue Dodge megacab and a green dodge if anyone's in the area and wants to join up.
Trent Williams
When hell freezes over, I値l ice fish there too!

Offline WYIfish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Jan 19, 2008, 09:34 PM »
Going tomorrow! Will be by Jap Island. Will have a blue Dodge megacab and a green dodge if anyone's in the area and wants to join up.
There wasn't anyone with in a 1/2 mile of the island  today, some were fishing deep 3/4 mile to the east, I was over against the bank to the east where the cuts come down from rd #33.  I heard of a good mac on the ice where they deep water fished.   I got a tiny mack and a small ling, missed about 20 nibblers, suspected small ling since we have no baitstealing perch down here. About 8 good inches of spooky clear ice. You can see through the ice to the bottom at 10 feet. Water clarity about 15 feet for a bait.
I may go back in the morning as well. White trailer you can see for two miles is mine.
Best,
WYIfish    ...because I don't have a significant other to talk me out of it.
Thread killer

Offline ShortRod

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Jan 19, 2008, 10:56 PM »
Hello all fellow lip rippers, rookie here,first post.
We did brave that spooky ice at the island today.  60fow on the NW bench,  little lake trout and even smaller ling. Though the ice was 12"  on the N side of the island.  The green dodge did nail a monster bow in 75 fow, will try first pic soon.

Its not the size of your rod, its how you jig it!

Offline moski

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Jan 19, 2008, 11:06 PM »
well i had a fair day at anvil! no lunker yet! ;) ;)

Offline POk3s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gettin' JGGY with it!
« Reply #16 on: Jan 21, 2008, 01:15 AM »
There wasn't anyone with in a 1/2 mile of the island  today, some were fishing deep 3/4 mile to the east, I was over against the bank to the east where the cuts come down from rd #33.  I heard of a good mac on the ice where they deep water fished.   I got a tiny mack and a small ling, missed about 20 nibblers, suspected small ling since we have no baitstealing perch down here. About 8 good inches of spooky clear ice. You can see through the ice to the bottom at 10 feet. Water clarity about 15 feet for a bait.
I may go back in the morning as well. White trailer you can see for two miles is mine.
Best,
WYIfish    ...because I don't have a significant other to talk me out of it.
Wish I would've read this before I went out today.

Saw your trailer but didn't know it was you until now. Were you by yourself on the pressure ridge. If it was you we were the closest group to you (3 of us) I got skunked today. Had one hit in deep water. My dad caught 2 and Randy (ThePoleJerker) caught 2 maks. Then we went and tried for rainbows and randy caught another bow and 2 kokanee. My dad got another trout I believe. First time I can remember getting skunked on the ice :(. At least the weather was nice today.
Trent Williams

Offline moski

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Jan 21, 2008, 12:43 PM »
So did anybody hook any big ones this weekend?

Offline POk3s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gettin' JGGY with it!
« Reply #18 on: Jan 21, 2008, 01:09 PM »
The other two groups (or maybe just one group) stayed out in deep water all day, so I assume they were doing pretty good. I don't know if any of them are members of ice shanty or not though.
Trent Williams

Offline WYIfish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19 on: Jan 21, 2008, 01:56 PM »
The other two groups (or maybe just one group) stayed out in deep water all day, so I assume they were doing pretty good. I don't know if any of them are members of ice shanty or not though.
One of the "deserters" from the main mass of deep water anglers came over to me to fish, he had a 4-5 LB mac.  He noted I was having more activity with my bows and slimers (ling), they sure are slimey.
WYIfish          ...tired of watching weekend tv.
Thread killer

Offline mr.mack

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #20 on: Jan 21, 2008, 05:48 PM »
I got one today that tipped the scales at 28 pounds another aroud 15 or so and a lot of small ones
<

Offline Hellsangler

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #21 on: Jan 21, 2008, 08:08 PM »
Right on mr. mack . Get any pics ?
Utah Ice

Offline moski

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #22 on: Jan 21, 2008, 10:25 PM »
I got one today that tipped the scales at 28 pounds another around 15 or so and a lot of small ones
wow that's not bad at all! what part of the lake if you don't mind me askin?

Offline mr.mack

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #23 on: Jan 21, 2008, 11:12 PM »
yes i have pics just need to figure this photo bucket thing out grrrrr i am kinda computer dumb!!!!!
  just above marsh creek just a little over 1 mile on the east side  creek 96 feet of water
<

Offline POk3s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gettin' JGGY with it!
« Reply #24 on: Jan 21, 2008, 11:19 PM »
Wyfish so that was you all by yourself at the pressure ridge??? How many fish you end up catching?

Mr. Mack wtg man. That's quite a fish, especially through the ice!
Trent Williams

Offline WYIfish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25 on: Jan 22, 2008, 12:44 AM »
Wyfish so that was you all by yourself at the pressure ridge??? How many fish you end up catching? {quote}
I ended up with three rainbows and two ling. Largest bow was about 5 pounds. I missed about 20 due to size 8 wire hooks not doing the job on the larger fish. I had been used to sage creek or above and 2 pounders. A 5 pound rainbow in shallow water makes a lighting run the first time that makes the drag smoke.  I had something big on a tip up that ran about 50 feet of line off in about 15 seconds and when I tried to turn him the hook came out. With cleaning out of the tackle box tonight, removed 3 pounds of unused jigs, drilled holes and cut slots in five buckets for next trip so we do not use the wire rod holders anymore, and fixed the fishfinder screen bracket in place, borrowed a jiffy ice auger for the remainder of the season until I can pick up a used one of my own. EVOLUTION: SURVIVAL OF THE FISHIEST!
WYIfish                so others don't have to!
Thread killer

Offline trfishin

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish On
« Reply #26 on: Jan 22, 2008, 02:33 AM »
 :)Mr. Mack that's a good size mack and congrats to you.  How long were those you fish that you caught
Love to Fish and make Soft Plastic baits<br /><br />Just doesnt get any better than catching fish off your own panfish/ trout baits   from tubes, curly tails, and small baits catching fish of any species

Offline POk3s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gettin' JGGY with it!
« Reply #27 on: Jan 22, 2008, 10:11 PM »
Wyfish so that was you all by yourself at the pressure ridge??? How many fish you end up catching? {quote}
I ended up with three rainbows and two ling. Largest bow was about 5 pounds. I missed about 20 due to size 8 wire hooks not doing the job on the larger fish. I had been used to sage creek or above and 2 pounders. A 5 pound rainbow in shallow water makes a lighting run the first time that makes the drag smoke.  I had something big on a tip up that ran about 50 feet of line off in about 15 seconds and when I tried to turn him the hook came out. With cleaning out of the tackle box tonight, removed 3 pounds of unused jigs, drilled holes and cut slots in five buckets for next trip so we do not use the wire rod holders anymore, and fixed the fishfinder screen bracket in place, borrowed a jiffy ice auger for the remainder of the season until I can pick up a used one of my own. EVOLUTION: SURVIVAL OF THE FISHIEST!
WYIfish                so others don't have to!

Well that's not bad....how many inches was the bow? You enter it in the tourney or are you not in it? Did you stay out all day???
Trent Williams

Offline WYIfish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28 on: Jan 22, 2008, 10:34 PM »
Well that's not bad....how many inches was the bow? You enter it in the tourney or are you not in it? Did you stay out all day???
I am so RUSTY after a 17 year break from ice fishing :o that I would be embarrased to enter any contest.
Largest bow was 24 inches. I stayed all day.   I lost about 15 nibblers, sneak attackers, and mouthers (our friendly lingers). Had three hook pull outs at the hole and that one big speedster that ran away. I shall treat him next time with a larger and different hook to test out. From #8 wire to #2 eagle claw...should fix that.
The solunar tables note tomorrow or Thursday are good, barometer should be best Thursday but I am seriously tempted to gas up and go catch 'em big tomorrow. I am so tickled to have the holes cut in the 5 gallon buckets for rod holders...that nature call that turned nearly into a lost rod really got me bad.
WYIfish                ..........to walk past the fish counter grinning!
Thread killer

Offline POk3s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gettin' JGGY with it!
« Reply #29 on: Jan 23, 2008, 05:10 PM »
LOL!

Well you'd be in first (or second...another 24" fish that's in the contest) if you would've entered that bow....lol. Go get 'em man!
Trent Williams

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.