The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: Whom is the moderator for the wyoming threads? Does anyone know??  (Read 10345 times)

Offline bitzlecocker

• Team IceShanty Regular
First off I'm newly signed to the shanty, but have been following it for some time.  So first off, howdy everyone out there, then I guess I'll jump right in.  The question I have is a moderator really necessary?  Maybe it is just a computer anomaly of some sort, or possibly a hidden moderator.  Regardless, do we need to enlarge the "nanny state"?  I for one think not.

Offline 4cator

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Will ya look at that pig!!
I agree, I certainly don't even think you even need here meself. That being said, If we get one I hope it is the monster.  He's the man.  :laugh:
All tyranny needs to succeed, is for men of good conscience to remain silent.    Thomas Jefferson.

Offline LT

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "Need larger flamethrower, you will...!"
I agree, I certainly don't even think you even need here meself. That being said, If we get one I hope it is the monster.  He's the man.  :laugh:
    That being said, we are actually already being monitored by "someone" we just don't know who. That really bothers me.  :woot: Frankly, I'd rather be  :icefish: Lots of the guys have xpressed that they want me to be our mod and I don't mind, I do have one concern and I'm sure all you guys know me well enough to figure it out. Other thing is, from my understanding of PM's from Bean, I'd be the moderator for the whole west, not just Wyoming.  :woot:

Offline IcenEyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • It's A Friggin Record Breaker.
Well said, just watch what you say and pictures you post and go Fishin  :tipup:

Offline RLWagner

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Homeland security never takes it's eyes off the Wyoming fellas!!!!!

J/K, Happy New Year  ;)

Offline bitzlecocker

• Team IceShanty Regular
Boys, I would have to agree.  Just fish, and be paranoid later ;D.  I think homeland security is secretly moderating the fishing.  Was out at Ocean last week and got skunked but it sure beat being at work!

Offline LT

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Well said, just watch what you say and pictures you post and go Fishin  :tipup:
     You back home buddy? How'd you guys do at Boysen?  ;D
                                                                            Don

Offline POk3s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gettin' JGGY with it!
I think every site needs moderators. That's probably why wyoming IS doesn't have anything. I mean all in all we have fun and since we're not that big some mods just come in and take a look every once in a while. Still need mods though.
Trent Williams
When hell freezes over, I’ll ice fish there too!

Offline LT

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
I agree with that, rarely do our guys post something that should be altered or removed, although we've had several outsiders come in and post inflammatory comments. Basically, we all signed on and agreed to post under certain  guidelines and if we continue to do that, regardless who among us moderates, we should remain one big happy WY IS family. What bugs me more than anything is the possibility of an unknown mod coming in and ripping posts...and at least, according to Bean, that happened, although he justified it by it the moderator probably thought it needed to be done. I'd like to see this deal be done with and us get out there, ripp some lip  ;D  With that in mind, I'm gonna post this pic of Mooter and his Dad, Tom... freezing, without many fish. Oh yeah, "LT's secret spot!"
                                                Theeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ee LT  :roflmao: :icefish:

Offline HIMO

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • GOATBOYS WISCONSIN CHAPTER 1st Wisconsin goat!!
Just to let you know that you guys are not forgotten. I check all the sites every day but have not deleted any posts here. You guys are great members just like the Wisconsin members. Keep up the good work.

HIMO
                                    Wisconsin Moderator
It's not how deep you fish, but how you wiggle your worm !!!

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
thanks himo...  :tipup:

Offline LT

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
     Just a thought here guys, since the "moderator" issue seems to continue re-surfacing, this thought goes back to when I was the Commander of a 75 member Mardi Gras Parade crowd-control team in New Orleans. A lady walked up and thanked me personally for my Sergeants and officers, "...controlling the crowd so well..." My reply was, "You're welcome ma'am, but the crowd actually controls itself, i.e., most folks are self-disciplined, we are here simply to handle those who choose to be the exception and mis-behave by fighting, throwing bottles or shooting at folks."
     The principle is the same, a moderator on IS WY (and rest assured, they are present already, albeit from IS Forums Admin)...is necessary, but I feel they should act only in exceptional cases of un-family-friendly posting. I've seen posts which I wondered about why they were removed and some I've wondered that they remained for more than 2 minutes, so it cuts both ways (no shots at anyone on either side of that equation here, just a 2 year old objective observation).
     Bottom line is if we "moderate" ourselves, a formal moderator from among us will be unnecessary.  And as Forrest Gump said, "Now that's all I have to say about that."  :thumbsup: :roflmao: :icefish:
ps. At one point I thought I'd like to be the mod for the West (including WY IS)  I've changed my mind on that issue, but thanks to all of you who voiced an opinion or voted that I should be...just isn't practical.)  ;D

Offline HIMO

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Just to let you know that you guys are not forgotten. I check all the sites every day but have not deleted any posts here. You guys are great members just like the Wisconsin members. Keep up the good work.

HIMO
                                    Wisconsin Moderator

If you feel a member is abusing any area of the Wyoming thread contact me or click on the report to moderator link. Once again I cannot state enough how much of a pleasure it is to come to your thread knowing what I will find are all high quality and informative posts. Keep up the good work and good luck in the tourney.

HIMO
                                              Wisconsin Moderator

Offline LT

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
     On another note HIMO, the Pack will...go the distance this season  ;D

Offline Mooter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hey Smitty, Lets fish it! Jigmaster5000's oarman
nuff said

In pursuit of meat without feet!!!!

Offline RLWagner

• Team IceShanty Maniac
nuff said

Moderator, I need to file a grievance on this MOOTER character!!!!!

Just kidding Moot!! Hope all is going well for you guys out there so far this winter!! ;)

Offline Mooter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Ya busy at work not much fishin in so far.  Just a dozen trips,  Going to catch some gills this weekend (never caught one).

Offline RLWagner

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Ya busy at work not much fishin in so far.  Just a dozen trips,  Going to catch some gills this weekend (never caught one).

Need some snowy pics of your kick arse scenery. Any chance of getting some this weekend?? Ours is all melting in 60 degree weather :'(

Offline Mooter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Need some snowy pics of your kick arse scenery. Any chance of getting some this weekend?? Ours is all melting in 60 degree weather :'(

Here are a few from grabbin the annual x-mas tree

Offline RLWagner

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Thanks Mooter. Kitty and I will be coming your way one day. Nice shots of a beautiful family!!!! Thank you for sharing.

RL

Offline Mooter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Thanks Mooter. Kitty and I will be coming your way one day. Nice shots of a beautiful family!!!! Thank you for sharing.

RL

anytime is good.  Whould be happy to have ya. Maybe round up the Mooter Posse and have a P.A.R.T.Y.

Offline RLWagner

• Team IceShanty Maniac
anytime is good.  Whould be happy to have ya. Maybe round up the Mooter Posse and have a P.A.R.T.Y.

I will catch some white fish for the trip! ;)

Offline HIMO

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
I agree. I carry my packer pride out on the ice with me. Clam 6800 Greenbay Packers Special Edition.

HIMO
                                      Wisconsin Moderator

Offline Mooter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I will catch some white fish for the trip! ;)

If you can bring it fresh we can smoke it here.  I've gut a sweet recipe

Offline RLWagner

• Team IceShanty Maniac
If you can bring it fresh we can smoke it here.  I've gut a sweet recipe

Gotcha!!! ;) Thats what will be the plan Bud!!!

Offline LT

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
I agree. I carry my packer pride out on the ice with me. Clam 6800 Greenbay Packers Special Edition.

HIMO
                                      Wisconsin Moderator
    Cool Clam bro, but what about ( ;D )  a recently autographed photo of Bret which came to me via his older brother Scott, after a fishing trip in Golden Meadow, La? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ? Yeah! I wouldn't take anything for that brother! We lived in the Kiln for couple of years.  ;D Great folks! Packer country too.  Not widely known but Scott was a pretty decent college QB himself.   :flex:

Offline POk3s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gettin' JGGY with it!
Thanks for all you said HIMO and that's an awesome Shanty....would've been better if it was a Broncos edition but whatever...lol.

Trent Williams
When hell freezes over, I’ll ice fish there too!

Offline HIMO

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
how's it going guys. just doing my random site checks. need any help with anything, just PM me. tight lines.

HIMO
                                   Wisconsin Moderator

Offline 4cator

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Will ya look at that pig!!

HIMO
                                      Wisconsin Moderator

Hey, nice shanty, but what about those GIANTS   :laugh:

Sounds like Favre will be back for another year.  Good for you guys.
All tyranny needs to succeed, is for men of good conscience to remain silent.    Thomas Jefferson.

Offline moski

• Team IceShanty Regular
Hey, nice shanty, but what about those GIANTS   :laugh:

Sounds like Favre will be back for another year.  Good for you guys.
:o :oBOOOOOOOOOOO! just jokin! he's alright! ;)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.