The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: Whom is the moderator for the wyoming threads? Does anyone know??  (Read 10344 times)

Offline 4cator

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Will ya look at that pig!!
Just wonderin who the moderator is?  Noticed that some of my posts get erased, and I wondered why??
All tyranny needs to succeed, is for men of good conscience to remain silent.    Thomas Jefferson.

Offline LT

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "Need larger flamethrower, you will...!"
Just wonderin who the moderator is?  Noticed that some of my posts get erased, and I wondered why??
     Cator, I'm not sure we have a moderator, but I don't think just anyone can erase another member's posts, but you can check with Bean on the IS Forums site. laters, Don

Offline bohman77

• Team IceShanty Regular
Lt I think it should be you. Heres one vote for Lt

Offline Wyoming_Ice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing God's Country "Big Wounderful Wyoming"
I'll second that !!!
RIP "LT"   This place just won't be the same...

Offline LT

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Lt I think it should be you. Heres one vote for Lt
The Wyoming Ice Shanty  :callcops:. Hmmmmm if elected... :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: Thanks Bill, that was a  nice thing to say.  ;D

Offline bohman77

• Team IceShanty Regular
Arent you the godfather of Team Wyoming?

Bill

Offline 4cator

• Team IceShanty Regular
Just wondered, because way I look at it, whom ever it is needs to get a life.Just because this person didn'tlike what I had to say about what I got for christmas, didn't mean that it had to go away.   I am not a saint, but certainly don't write vulgar or curse, terse, nasty or otherwise unacceptable verses. I have also noticed that some moderators in other states and I believe one canadian province have gone so far as  to have even brought their own beliefs into the fray.  I.E. "I don't want to see bottles of alcohol on your avatars!!"  I probably don't have that quoted correctly and I suppose I could link to the post, but you get my drift. I was under the understanding that the forum was for ice-fishermen. Drinking ice fishermen or otherwise. 
All tyranny needs to succeed, is for men of good conscience to remain silent.    Thomas Jefferson.

Offline 4cator

• Team IceShanty Regular
Well lets see if this one goes away!!!!! :laugh:

Offline bohman77

• Team IceShanty Regular
What did you get for xmas that was so bad and I doubt that someone erased it on purpose.

Offline 4cator

• Team IceShanty Regular
It absolutely was erased on purpose and was erased in about 2 minutes.  It was just an old saying about getting sox and other things for christmas.  But it was in good taste. 

Offline LT

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Arent you the godfather of Team Wyoming?

Bill
Lesseee, I'm the Godfather, Big Ice is the Wizard...well, seriously, that's an issue that,  1. if you guys wanted me to be moderator and  2. you'd actually have to write to Bean and take it up officially with him. Cator's right though, I gotta say, while I'm posting here, I saw what he posted and wonder why it was removed, what he said was pretty subtle but most of us would have gotten it. It's a family forum and surely 4-letter words, salty language and the like have no place nor does...name-calling, IS WY is for FUN!  ;D and that crap with that Canadian kid who came on our site last year and started the name-calling, I'd have put a quick stop to that right away. It's one thing to have an opinion...quite another thing calling someone "stupid" for disagreeing with it.   :woot:

Offline stumper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Never settle for less
Well lets see if this one goes away!!!!! :laugh:

Dont feed the moderators, it might be you and not just your posts that disappears next time ;)

Offline LT

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Hmmmm...possibly...I know at least one individual who told me that happened to him.  :woot: BTW Cator, if you look at your own posts, you have several choices at the top of each, "remove, etc." but on other members posts, you don't have that option...as I said, you should ask Bean. Let us know.  ;D

Offline 4cator

• Team IceShanty Regular
Well, if I get bumped, it will be with a clear conscience    ;)

Offline POk3s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gettin' JGGY with it!
I had a couple of mine get erased yesterday on the "general" section. Kinda thought it was stupid but I just let it go.
Trent Williams
When hell freezes over, I’ll ice fish there too!

Offline LT

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
I'd have to know why if they did that to me   :wacko: :whistle:

Offline Ocean Eyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
I cleaned up my banner.  Still got the Captain Pic, but removed the saying.  I agree with LT being "The Man" to keep us clean. Later KR

Offline LT

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
I cleaned up my banner.  Still got the Captain Pic, but removed the saying.  I agree with LT being "The Man" to keep us clean. Later KR
Thanks KR, I know we clown around a lot, but all in all I think we keep a pretty clean kitchen here.  When I get a chance, I'm gonna go back and read the IS "bylaws" or whatever and see what is/is not permitted and I'll pass that on ;D ...just so we all know. :tipup: Hey, how bout that happy lil penguin buddy? huh? yeah!

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
i wonder if my Wounded Warrior Project banner with hyperlink is too "controversial"? i know i've run into problems with it in the past... anti-military, anti-American types who want to apologize for everything under the dun being America's fault... like global warming, poverty, disease and oh yeah, the moon dissappearing for a short time once a month.

moderators are good, over moderation bites and kills. it's funny how some people preach the 1st Amendment for theur "views" and then want to clamp down on others.

~ G

Offline LT

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Naaah...let somebody bring it up and then they'll have all of WY IS to deal with brother  ;D as I recall, prohibited posts were those of a sexual, profane or vulgar nature and no items could be listed for sale, i.e. if I wanted to foist my old Jiffy off on one of you guys, I couldn't "list" it here. All that makes sense to me, but something like Cator posted, they coulda just deleted one word and left the rest, I suppose...seemed kinda innocuous to me, maybe not to someone else though. We're all different and we all express ourselves differently in writing, but we have a fine site with a great bunch of guys who get along very well. Personally...I've made a lot of friends here and for that, I'm grateful.
     Well, I'm off to Tough Creek on Boysen to watch Mooter, Iceneyes and a few others shiver, I was gonna fish, but something of an official nature came up and I have to go take care of that first, laters,   Don TheeeeeeeeeLT-Mnstr  ;D

Offline LT

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
ps Gambooler, take a look at my NOPD shield and compare it to your logo...mine would be the first to go, but those boys and girls on NOPD, yeah, some of them died in a hail of gunfire, it's posted in their memory...the rest of us kept on fighting...have no idea what happened to that outfit the last few years...yeah, actually, I do  :callcops: :woot:

Offline 4cator

• Team IceShanty Regular
I say keep it there, its fine.  Like I said yesterday, some moderators, need to get a life.

Offline Cargo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
My vote is for LT Wyoming's first Moderator! Go Icensnomnstr. Can you get us our own State sign on like Montana or Nebraska? :o

Offline LT

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
My vote is for LT Wyoming's first Moderator! Go Icensnomnstr. Can you get us our own State sign on like Montana or Nebraska? :o
    "All things in moderation!"  ;D I have no idea how to proceed with that BI...I'm thinking we're already being scrutinized by a moderator somewhere...someone is removing posts and it has to be sanctioned by IS. I mean...I think the job is already taken.  ;D

Ya got me Bean, you had my blood pressure headed upward!     
                                                                   Don  :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :callcops:

Offline 4cator

• Team IceShanty Regular
    "All things in moderation!"  ;D I have no idea how to proceed with that BI...I'm thinking we're already being scrutinized by a moderator somewhere...someone is removing posts and it has to be sanctioned by IS. I mean...I think the job is already taken.  ;D

I wonder why they just don't let us know who they are?   When you look at other states or provinces, the moderator is named at the top of the page. I realize the wyoming contention isn't nearly as big as most states, but those of us that are here certainly get the most of what the shanty has to offer!!!!!

Powder River  let'r buck
Fellas

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
it's a power trip is all... unless someone has complained about something in particular, it's simply a power thing. i experienced this same thing in a saltwater tank forum, heavy handedness and a sense of imposing their thoughts, beliefs and moral ineptitude on others regardless of whether it was needed or not.

if this is the case and it becomes unpleasant i'll simply find other forums and sites to frequent. i was seriously considering taking the 'ice militia' sponsorship but i distinctly have reservations now that thread moderating is sticking it's head up.

apparently if it is occurring, the 'moderating party' is either unwilling to speak up on why they're deleting threads, or they're simply just spineless. right now i'm voting for spineless.

delete that.  :nono:

~ G

Offline Ocean Eyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
I can't beleive he/she hasn't been reading this thread.  I thought by now they would've responded!
I've also had a couple deleted? Later KR

Offline LT

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Sit tight Brothers of The Ice...I'm working on it, if I can find out, I'll let you know. We may in fact, not have one. (The deletions may be coming from Ice Shanty Forums.) ;D

Offline Bean

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
I posted the cat eyes, just to let you guys know that mods do take a look out here every once in a while.  I've passed Icensnomnstr's name to Iceshanty as someone that would be a willing to take on moderator duties for the west forums. 

P.S. On the post deletion thing, I know I didn't remove any recent posts from members out here. But whatever was deleted, it could have been something deemed not PG. We try to keep the site safe for kids to read as best we can.
Ken                                          

Offline LT

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
I posted the cat eyes, just to let you guys know that mods do take a look out here every once in a while.  I've passed Icensnomnstr's name to Iceshanty as someone that would be a willing to take on moderator duties for the west forums. 
     You had me goin' buddy,  :woot: :wacko: thanks for passing the IceMNSTR on to Scott. laters, Don ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.