The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: Who won the Boysen tournament?  (Read 3101 times)

Offline icemonster

• Team IceShanty Regular
Who won the Boysen tournament?
« on: Jan 28, 2007, 11:00 PM »
So who fished the tournament this weekend? I was hoping to get out there but no such luck.

Offline bohman77

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Who won the Boysen tournament?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 29, 2007, 01:51 PM »
I had had heard that a 9lb walleye won the walleye division (obviously), 1 1/2 perch won, like a 6 lb trout won it , i think a 5 lb ling, and a 17.8 lb catfish won. I took 2nd in the catfish division w/ a 15.03 lb channel cat. I had caught three more that were that size and one that was bigger than the 15lber but it was on thursday not friday the start of the tourney. I caught a ton of ling but all small ones, a ton of perch and only two decent trout. It was a great four days of fishing though.

Bill Bohman

Offline gloomis

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 29, 2007, 04:14 PM »
I had had heard that a 9lb walleye won the walleye division (obviously), 1 1/2 perch won, like a 6 lb trout won it , i think a 5 lb ling, and a 17.8 lb catfish won. I took 2nd in the catfish division w/ a 15.03 lb channel cat. I had caught three more that were that size and one that was bigger than the 15lber but it was on thursday not friday the start of the tourney. I caught a ton of ling but all small ones, a ton of perch and only two decent trout. It was a great four days of fishing though.

Bill Bohman

wow some 15lbs cats through the ice sounds fun i have never caught a cat ice fishing. What did you catch them with and how deep of water do u fish for them i wana get one through the ice really bad. Thanks for the info and good job on the 2nd place.

Offline bohman77

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 29, 2007, 05:58 PM »
i caught every one of them except the 15lber by jigging a salmo chubby darter w/ minnow head and the 15lber was caught by dead sticking a jig and minnow while jigging next to it.  I caught them in about 40-50 fow. I talked to a guy who said that the spot I was in is the spot that he won the tournament last year in 1st thru 3rd spots. Must be a wintering hole. One I caught on thursday night took me about 20 minutes to fight. It was awesome. All of them were caught on 8lb test line.
Bill Bohman

Offline Cargo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #4 on: Jan 29, 2007, 07:03 PM »
bohman77,
               Those are some great cats. Two years ago at KH I got into some nice cats jigging they just smashed that jig, wonderful fighters. Sounds like you did pretty good. Did you enter your big Cat into the IS Tourney! You  could have entered it into the anything category. You probably would have a good chance to win that category.

Offline LT

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "Need larger flamethrower, you will...!"
« Reply #5 on: Jan 30, 2007, 09:44 AM »
Whoa! Way to go Bill, man that's great catfish. congrats!  :thumbsup: :clap: :clap:
                                                       Don

Offline Reeldeal

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 30, 2007, 09:44 PM »
Good job Bill, it was a friend of mine from Casper,Mitch Horning that caught the winning 17+ cat that won it.I took some vidieo of it at B+k. He caught it at toughcreek on a break near the river channel. Fishin was pretty slow between N muddy and sand mesa where I was , moved alot trying to find a good perch bite, but it never happened. I did hear that someone was hammering big perch somewhere by the sisters in 50+ft of water.

Offline bohman77

• Team IceShanty Regular

Offline bohman77

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 31, 2007, 02:00 PM »

I dont know if this will work.

Offline Eye4nEye

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Jan 31, 2007, 09:39 PM »
Who sponsored it?  Somebody should have the results.

Offline Hellsangler

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Feb 01, 2007, 07:00 AM »
Your pic was alittle small but I like this one .
Utah Ice

Offline bohman77

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Feb 01, 2007, 01:39 PM »
How did you do that. I couldnt get it to post.

Offline Hellsangler

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Feb 01, 2007, 08:08 PM »
If you go to photobucket just copy IMG CODE of the pic and paste it into your post with nothing else . I use Mozilla Firefox for a browser and it copied it with just a left click on the IMG CODE . Or you can copy the URL Link and paste it in between the insert image and it is the 2nd row down and  2nd icon above on the post reply page .  I hope I didn't lose you there , sorry if I did . Keep trying and you will get it .
Utah Ice

Offline Hellsangler

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Feb 01, 2007, 08:26 PM »
  Notice the brackets with the img in them ? I added a space after a bracket or it will show a pic and none of the url and brackets .

[IMG]http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r133/bohman77/000_0510.jpg[ /IMG] Only reason you see this second attempt is because I added a space in the brackets , otherwise it would dissapear and show a pic
Utah Ice

Offline bohman77

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Feb 02, 2007, 03:39 PM »

Sorry for all of the pictures I finally figured out just how to post pictures finally. The brown and the walleye are from last year but I just thought id share. The one of the catfish w/ the chubby darter in his face is proof that you can actually catch fish on those lures. Im going to enter the catfish in the Ice shanty contest.

Offline LT

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Feb 02, 2007, 03:50 PM »
Really nice fish and pictures Bill, congrats,  ;D
                                                        Don

Offline bohman77

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Feb 02, 2007, 03:53 PM »
Thank you very much. I just posted them for the tournament and hopefully they can hold out for us here at the Wyo IS. Hope you are feeling better.

Bill

Offline LT

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Feb 02, 2007, 04:00 PM »
.....Actually I am feeling much better, thanks to you and all the guys for your concern, the bright side is that I am now in possession of a kitchen-pass validated for the coming week. I plan to handcuff myself to the Jiffy and start hole-hopping. If Mr. Big Ice can "Photobucket-train" me, I hope to actually begin posting my pictures as well as an ice-fishing itinerary so I can start meeting some of the IS guys on the lake !
                                All the best from the "GodFather"  :roflmao:

Offline Cargo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #18 on: Feb 02, 2007, 05:31 PM »
Wow Nice fish my man! What a beautiful brown and super Cat you the man!

Offline doggbiter

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • They call me Fish
« Reply #19 on: Feb 02, 2007, 09:38 PM »
 Bohman WOW those cat's are unreal, would love to know how to get into them ;D

Dog out
5 YEAR ICE ADDICT
Busch-Light.......CANS
Blue-toppin.........and lip-rippin
DON'T GET NO BETTER!!

Offline BigZee44

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #20 on: Feb 03, 2007, 08:56 PM »
Heading up to Worland this weekend with my roomate to see his dad.  If all goes well we are going to hit Boysen hard for a couple days.  His dad has been catching a few ling and i hope we can get a few and add a new species to my all time list.  Maybe we will see some of you guys out there.
Zack

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.