The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: Wyoming Game & Fish shares regional ice fishing tips county 10 from 12/25/2019  (Read 1561 times)

Offline olefish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
This was posted by county 10 news from the WY Game and Fish  I have only seen this posted here in Fremont County by the G&F.  Has anyone seen this posted in other areas of the state?

Make sure you are in attendance of your rods/tip-ups while ice fishing (within 300 yds).
Sleeping in the camper/truck is not attendance even if you are within 300 yds.
Going to check in a fish during a derby does not constitute attendance of your remaining lines.
Webster’s definition of Attendance: to be present at or to be dealing with.

olefish

Offline waterlike

• Team IceShanty Addict
This is a dumb unenforceable overreach. First, I have never once seen a warden b fore or after dark while ice fishing. They aren't at work. So they are never going to check anyways. Second, I would fight that in attendance in court. I would actually welcome a ticket for sleeping in my hut with poles in the water just so I could fight it.

What's worse: guy in his shack, wide awake, 12 beers deep with 6 tipups 300 yds away with no alarms or ways to be alerted to an up flag; or a guy sleeping in his shack with bells on his poles in his shack while he sleeps in his cot? Who's going to get to the fish quicker? Dumb game and fish

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I think this is funny that they are pushing this more and more. After dark you cannot see any flags go up so I go and check every couple of hours. So what is the difference for sitting playing cards or watching a show in the camper or sleeping in between checks. I like the Webster definition of to be present at. If I am in the camper at the lake I am present at and dealing mg with the lake. Tight lines everyone and be safe out there.

Offline ClearCreek

• Team IceShanty Addict
Here is what most likely happened:

1.  Game Wardens in the Lander G&F Region have been observing ice anglers not being "in attendance" according to the fishing regulations.

2.  The wardens request the Regional Information and Education person to send out a news release reminding anglers of the regulation.

3.  The Regional I&E person sends out the news release to the local media outlets in the Lander G&F Region, County 10 being one of the local outlets.

4.  County 10 places the news release on their website.

Sometimes other media outlets across the state will pick up the news release and post it on their web page or print it in their paper.

ClearCreek

Offline rucadulu

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Fishing is my preferred way of living.
This is all I could find in the 2019 Regulations book that mentions Ice fishing at all.

SPECIAL WINTER ICE FISHING
PROVISION

means a provision promulgated for the ice covered period for
specific waters.
The following method restrictions apply for waters covered by the
Special Winter Ice Fishing Provision.

• The use of more than two (2) lines is permitted only during
the ice covered period, and only when the angler is fishing
through the ice, on waters listed below as being included
under the Special Winter Ice Fishing Provision.
• No person shall use more than six (6) lines at any time to fish.
• When using more than two (2) lines, the angler’s name shall
be attached to each line, pole or tip-up; the angler shall be
no more than three hundred (300) yards from all lines; and,
the angler shall check his/her own lines.

The following waters are included under the Special Winter
Ice Fishing Provision:

• Alcova Reservoir
• Big Horn Lake in Big Horn County
• Big Sandy Reservoir
• Boulder Lake in Sublette County
• Boysen Reservoir
• Deaver Reservoir in Park County
• Flaming Gorge Reservoir
• Fontenelle Reservoir in Lincoln County
• Glendo Reservoir
• Goldeneye Reservoir
• Gray Reef Reservoir
• Grayrocks Reservoir
• Guernsey Reservoir
• Harrington Reservoir in Big Horn County
• Hawk Springs Reservoir
• Keyhole Reservoir
• Kortes Reservoir
• Lake DeSmet
• Lake Hattie
• Ocean Lake in Fremont County
• Pathfnder Reservoir
• Pilot Butte Reservoir
• Seminoe Reservoir
• Sulphur Creek Reservoir in Uinta County
• Wardell Reservoir
• Wheatland Reservoir #1 in Platte County
• Wheatland Reservoir #3 in Albany County
• Woodruff Reservoir
ICE FISHING SHELTERS
Any person utilizing an enclosed ice fishing shelter on the waters
of this state shall remove the shelter from the body of water before
ice-out
17. Luckey Pond (Chittim Reservoir) in Fremont County.
Closed to ice fshing. Use of internal combustion engines is prohibited.
15. Jim Bridger Pond in Sweetwater County.
Closed to ice fshing.
Watercraft prohibited inside that area inside the pumphouse
booms.
Motorized watercraft in excess of ffteen (15) horsepower
prohibited

Offline reelrusty

• Team IceShanty Regular
 :-\ Gotta ticket many years ago springtime catfishing where river runs in at Glendo. We were camped about 150 yards up the beach from shore and had two rods in holders. 'Bout 10pm friend hollers supper is ready so went to campfire outside the camper for burgers. Sitting at the fire saw a boat pull up and beach not far from my rods and hope they didn't get prop in my lines but didn't think anymore of it. Saw a couple of headlamps walk up towards where some folks were closer to the canyon. Shortly afterwards Somebody shouts "Hey, these your rods?" I yell back "Yeah!" They holler back "You gotta fish on down here!" We walk down and it was two game & fish guys. Usual questions and license check. Then the ticket book comes out and as he starts writing says "I'm ticketing you for unattended line." I'm rather taken aback and ask "What? I was right up there eating supper. I haven't gone anywhere!" His reply was "Your rod showed you had a bite when we showed up and still did when we came back." I asked "So, what constitutes attendance? I was coming back down as soon as I finished eating." His reply was "If I can get to your line before you do you are not in attendance." So, still kinda ambiguous but, even though I do leave tip ups out at night I won't be one bit surprised if I am ticketed for it.  :-\

Offline Super-ice-bird

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • That's a fifth next to that brown!
That’s just the kind of bs that will keep people home instead of going to the boysen derby.
Come on fish!

Offline olefish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Talked to  a friend that called then G&F office in Cheyenne on this issue.  He was informed that yes they do not think you are in attendance if you are sleeping.  He asked them if he was fishing and fell asleep in the summer bank fishing if he was not in attendance they said they did not think so and he asked what would be the difference they could not answerer that question.  He asked them why the rules are not written as they are stating and he said they told him because they did not know how to word the rules in the regulations to meet this rule.  Interesting.  I was also told they have trouble proving if you are asleep or not? 
olefish

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.